Days of Our Lives - Thu., Sept 21, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At DiMansion, Abby finishes the call (from Justin) about her annulment papers, which had interrupted a romantic moment. Abby wants to wait to have further adult encounters with her once-and-future-husband until after their marriage. There's some awkward talk about his recent fling with Gabi.

At TBD, Gabi is cleaning out Dario's office. Eli has come by to apologise; Julie told him she bought the club. Gabi learns Eli was fired because of her being in the line of fire. Gabi is upset, Eli thought about the Salem PD, but is out of options. (Gabi thinks she can convince Rafe to give Eli another chance.) Gabi doesn't want to say goodbye, and Eli isn't really planning to leave Salem, he wants to make it his home. They rehash the flower girl thing, sadly Will is referred to only as "the guy who died" and not his relative, but otherwise, they are enjoying each other's company.

At the police station, Rafe and Hope talk about which of the two of them would be the better commissioner. (Ed. Note: :sick::sick::sick::eek::eek::eek:) JJ and Lani come in, JJ and Rafe go to work out on break, while Lani talks Hope up. The upshot is both members of the Rafe & Hope coupling think it would be awkward to be the boss of their significant other.

Chloe and Brady talk about her buying the club with Julie in order to outbid Myron. Later, Justin has come in on his way to the DiMera mansion. He's whistling, which Adrienne used to hate, but now doesn't mind. Brady worries about Lucas, and what he himself would do if Nicole left him for one of her exes. Justin takes this as a counselling opportunity, but it's interrupted by the arrival of Nicole (more below).

Eric has a flashback to Brady demanding he fire Nicole, who fortuitously comes in at that moment after having scrounged up some chairs for a mommy event that had double the expected signups. There's a budgetary issue as well, purports Eric (one would assume as a guise under which to fire her), despite her mega-grantwriting skills. Nicole has a flashback to her talk with Abe. Chloe enters, but Nicole's already heard about the Club purchase. Chloe wants to see Eric alone, Nicole is in the middle of something, but Eric insists it can wait. Nicole leaves and Chloe fesses up about slipping out Eric's feelings to Brady (because she thought he already knew about them). Eric now understands why he was ordered to fire Nicole, which he is still resolved to do. Chloe is surprised by how sneaky Brady is, and that Eric agreed to fire Nicole.

DiMansion: Lots of making out with Abby & Chad, are they sure they want to wait. Justin interrupts and all are happy that her marriage with Dario is about to be erased. They talk about the upcoming double wedding, and Lucas who refuses to return to rehab. Justin can only imagine how Lucas feels, since Adrienne coming back to him was a complete surprise.

JJ and Lani have switched counselling positions, as Lani tells Rafe that Hope wants him to be the commish, while JJ in the park with Hope tells her that Rafe wants her to be the commissioner. Both Rafe and Hope call Abe and say they want to be commissioner.

Nicole comes into the Kmansion, Justin leaves. Nicole tells Brady Eric let her go, he offers sympathy for her firing. Nicole starts, Brady covers, Nicole understands; she then says the budget problems are causing her (as she flashes back to her hand-touching moment with Eric) to consider quitting. This passes as they decide to enjoy their alone time (Tate is on a playdate and Holly is napping). After something that required changing into nightclothes, Nicole returns to the living room and calls Abe for his counsel. He holds steady on his advice, and Nicole says that his being back in her life means the world to her, just as Brady enters to overhear. She tells him it was Abe, they used to be close when her brother Brandon lived here, and have reconnected. Brady wants to know what was so important to take her from their bedroom. Nicole lies that she was talking to Abe about funding for the center. Brady fumes. He calls Eric and orders him to fire Nicole tomorrow.

Tater Tot has friends? Who knew?!
Right? And usually don't parents accompany their kids on playdates? I don't need to see the tots on screen (unless it's Arianna), but give us a plausible reason they're gone! And in the Kmansion, the kid could just be playing on the other side of the house. Not to mention...Tate's still young enough (about 30 months by my count) to just be napping.

Tate's still young enough (about 30 months by my count) to just be napping.
For all we know, this is Tate now:

23b637127cc4420a1adcc7f01b46d4df.jpg

Nicole tells Brady Eric let her go, he offers sympathy for her firing.
Nicole then says Eric let her go early, for the day, since they were slow. She asks Brady what he means and he covers and says when she first said "Eric let her go", he thought she meant she got laid-off.

That's when Nicole says that due to budget issues, Eric may have to lay off people.

Who'd want to be commissioner? Hope and Rafe should think again about being commissioner. Recall that Bo Brady held the job for a while and hated it. He had to sometimes wear a suit :eek: and was swamped with paperwork. Eventually, he happily went back to being a regular detective, which meant he could commit felonies to his heart's content.

Due process anyone? Once again the writers are playing fast and loose with reality. Anywhere but Salem, Eli couldn't be fired over the phone. As a federal employee, he's entitled to due process, which includes set procedures and a chance to defend himself.

Who's been sleeping in my bed? Abigail actually mentioned today that Chad had recently been in their bed with somebody else. If this was a problem for the average Salemite, Snoozy's of Salem would be making a fortune as the locals trade in their old, contaminated mattresses for new, pristine, never-slept-on models.

How low can Brady go? Good grief, he's now badgering the hapless Sourpuss to fire Nicole. Victor might approve of such a power play, but everyone else would be appalled that he's turned into such a conniving, overbearing Neanderthal man.

Last edited:
I am hoping this commissioner business will be the end of Hope and Rafe. But so dumb. You knew they would both decide to go for it. I expected them to say that to each other at the same time at the end of today's episode but call to Abe instead. I am hoping it will be Eli. I really want it to come out that Hope did in fact kill Stefano. I don't like that she is basically getting away with it.

I can totally understand Abby wanting to wait until their wedding night to sleep together again. Did not like how Chad kept trying to get her in bed. Did like too that him sleeping with Gabi came up today. Ya knew it had to.

I don't know about today's episode it was interesting but went to much back and forth. Personally I feel JJ and Lani did more bad than good, even though their intention was to help Hope and Rafe. Instead, they both are now confused. Brady should understand about Abe and I'm glad the writers are incorporating Abe knowing Nicole which he did since childhood.

Thanks, Jason.

JS, didn't you know French Fry and Hash Brown are Tater Tot's friends? :)

I wonder if Abe would hire both Hope and Rafe for the commissioner job?

When Eli was talking about a job, I kept thinking Black Patch.

I loved Justin's line to Abby about the annulment "Just in time for the wedding."
Maybe next time he can sing it. Ha Ha.

I wish Abe would do as Roman suggested the other day, retire from being the mayor and become the police commissioner. Abe is more qualified than either Hope or Rafe, and is also more trustworthy and loyal for such an important position.

Abby mentioned Thomas was on a playdate. Maybe Thomas and Tate were sharing a playdate with their nannies (since their parents were not around to take them).

Abby bringing up not wanting to share the bed that Chad so recently slept with Gabi in was understandable. Time to buy a new mattress. Too bad the sofas at DiMansion and KMansion don't get changed out as often.

The Commissioner storyline would have been interesting with any other couple except Hope and Rafe. Both characters have been ruined by the Stefano murder and cover up and neither deserves to be Commissioner. I do appreciate that Hope brought up Stefano's murder though.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually think Lani has better chemistry with Rafe than Hope. I didn't like them the first go around but I liked their scenes today.

JJ must keep a razor in his locker at the Salem PD

I love seeing Chloe but I really hope she has a purpose for all these scenes with Brady and Eric. It's time for her to have some happiness again. She has chemistry with both guys but I ultimately want her and Brady to have a second chance.

Gabi was casual today. Still want her back with JJ.

So, the writers have gone from torturing Nicole (and her love life) to torturing Brady (and attempt to continue his streak of losing women). They've got to cut the guy a break at some point. Seriously.

Will Brady ever find love that stays?

Will Nicole ever figure out that the grass isn't always greener?

Will Tater Tot and Holly ever be seen again?

....only the Shadow knows... Oh, wait, wrong soap.

Back