Days of Our Lives - Thu., Sept. 22, 2016

I am over Rafe and Hope as a couple because it's dumbing down each character individually. I don't enjoy jealous Rafe
We have the same beef, only I take it one step farther. Jealous Rafe is so bad that he makes me forget about any other Rafe who appears (like when he has scenes with Gabi). And since all his other family members have apparently vacated Salem, but Aiden's still here, I fear we'll get Jealous Rafe at a 7:1 ratio to all other Rafes combined. :(

The naked panic room stuff was a bit stupid (and too soon after the Nicole and Eric furnace), but the actual dialogue was good. I'm willing to overlook the flubs in the history because it was a nice memory lane trip for friends. And to me, it seems like it was made pretty clear that's all Chad and Gabi are - both were in their knickers but were talking about his dead ex and his dead baby rather than giving each other longing looks and making out.

I found Rafe's scenes very uncomfortable to watch - he's such a neanderthal. Hope was asking him outright to let it go, be quiet, don't make the situation worse, and he had to go on and on and on at Aiden. I'm not sure how that's supposed to help Hope's murder situation.

Other than that, it was a good episode and I liked it. I thought Theo's scenes were very good, I liked Adrienne and Lucas, I enjoyed JJ telling Claire off, and I liked that Claire stopped being self absorbed for 30 seconds and realised Theo was upset.

Last edited by a moderator:
In re: Rafe....perhaps his thought was to not back down...to show Aiden that he is not intimidating them. Plus, Days just loves to have it heroic men protect their ladies. :rolleyes:

Did I see this right?---when Joey first came inside the house, he flipped the light switch and there were no lights. He said, "What's up with the lights?" Then he immediately flipped the switch again and the lights came on, at which point he turned around and saw what was happening with Kayla and the bad guys, and then he questioned what was going on. This was near the beginning of the show, first scene after the introduction, I think. It was strange that he flipped the switch a second time and the lights came on, when there was no electricity anywhere at that point.

I found Rafe's scenes very uncomfortable to watch - he's such a neanderthal. Hope was asking him outright to let it go, be quiet, don't make the situation worse, and he had to go on and on and on at Aiden. I'm not sure how that's supposed to help Hope's murder situation.

I don't think Rafe is a neanderthal but as I've said many times, Rafe doesn't wear jealousy well. I was glad Hope spoke up for herself.

Back