Days of Our Lives, Thu., Sept 24, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Lots of fast-paced action, today, folks...hold on to your hats!!! The killer is ...oh, I can't say it here, too good of an episode.

Replay of the attack. Marlena struggles, is trying to fight off the attacker, who tightens the tie around her throat. Chairs are broken, Marlena has a letter opener, but continues to struggle. Chad is walking up (in slo-mo), hears the commotion, runs toward the room. The attacker looms over a very weak Marlena, Chad bursts in, attacker pushes past him, he's knocked over for the opening title. He goes over to Marlena, wakes her up and takes the tie from her neck. Marlena comes to and says, "You!" as she notices the tie in his hand. Marlena panics as he tries to tell her it was someone else, she passes out. Chad panics, drops the tie, leaves.

Rafe is approaching Marlena's office, recapping on the phone. Rafe enters moments after Chad flees, sees Marlena, checks her pulse, calls for backup.

In the clearing, Jennifer runs into Clyde. Has a flashback of JJ showing her the bullet. Clyde is panting, claims he's power walking to lose weight for the wedding. Jennifer is nervous, tries to get away (claiming she's going to work - yeah right), he wants to show her wedding venues. She wants to let the kids make their decisions. He doesn't think that's a good idea, they talk about whether Ben is bright or not, LOL. Jennifer talks about how the kids have bigger things to worry about than a wedding venue, is coming across as very reasonable, Clyde wants to keep the kids from getting suckered, also lays on the sob story about how she's been a hands-on mother for years, but he missed all that time with Ben. Jennifer says he shouldn't think about it so much, since he might not even be at the wedding. Tells him they might elope if Clyde pushes too hard, Clyde says that's just her way of getting him to back down. Jen admits she's a protective mother, and that Abby is sweet but has a spine, and it's her and Ben's wedding--their role as parents is to be supporters. You've got quite a spine, too, Clyde points out, feels he's the only one who can make things right when they unravel. Jen says he THINKS he's right, he admits he does, and that a lot of the time, he is right. Tells her she's remarkable, takes her hands, and says he looks forward to a closer relationship when the kids are married.

Abigail is recalling the fight with Ben last night, weepily; she walks around the apartment, flashing back along the way. Ben making her a jewelry box, her being confused by Chad, etc. Ben enters. Wonders why she's still here, there engagement is off. She talks of how she loves him, how much the handmade gift means to her, and they go round and round about yesterday. Abigail tries to assure him that she's marrying him, wants him, to raise their baby together. Ben wants that more than anything, begs her to leave Salem with him. She doesn't understand, claims he can't accept that she has put him above Chad. She agrees, but not tonight. She needs to say good-by to JJ and Jen; they agree on tomorrow. They embrace and she starts crying over Ben's shoulder.

At DiMansion, Chad enters in a rush, opens a safe in the wall, takes out stacks of cash. Panics when he knocks over a vase. Hears sirens, grabs a bag and runs.

At the hospital, in a room, Marlena is in bed. John rushes in, worried, Daniel assures him that Marlena's going to be fine, just lost consciousness from pressure on her carotid artery. John wants blood, as does Daniel, who steps aside to talk to Rafe. John is reassuring her, while Daniel and Rafe (a few feet away) discuss some case particulars, and Rafe shows Daniel the bagged calling card (red tie). John calls Daniel back over, as Marlena comes to. Daniel quizzes her, who's the President, how old are you, Nice try, she says. She tells John it was Chad. Daniel tells Marlena she's okay, will be fine, but has to stay overnight. Cops are guarding, and John is on the lookout. She feels John will be out for Chad. Daniel promises to alert her when John arrives.

Out in the corridor, John is ready to attack Chad, Rafe calms him down, begs him not to rush into things. Marlena doesn't lie, Rafe reminds him that they need to get Chad by the book, not screw it up, really takes some effort to calm him down. John won't be talked out of it, is about to go, Rafe says the defence attorney will have a field day with that. John acquiesces, wants to help Rafe.

Jennifer enters the Horton House, clearly at her wits' end. Abby's there, Jenn's relieved. Abby breaks the news that she's leaving town with Ben tomorrow, Jennifer figures out that the decision was less than mutual. They have a sweet talk, Jennifer thinks that given what she & Jack had to fight, maybe getting to a metaphorical desert island is a good idea. Focus on you, Ben, the baby, keep in touch. Abby leaves; Jen implores god to keep the kids safe.

At Ben's, Clyde checks up on Ben, relays his talk with Jennifer. He sees the suitcase, Ben drops the bomb that he and Abigail are leaving town, they don't want to live in Salem. To make it as a family, they have to start out on their own, but they're grateful for the house & everything. Clyde tells Ben he's not going anywhere. Ben is not going to follow orders, Clyde didn't buy him with that house. Clyde tells Ben that Chad will follow them; Ben vows to kill him. Clyde explains that he's not talking about physical following, Chad will hang over every moment that Ben/Abby try to have. Clyde implores Ben to stay here, and watch Chad go down in flames. Clyde assures Ben that Chad is an endgame, police are out looking for Chad. Clyde gloats about Chad's fate, Ben is upset, Clyde assures Ben that he's won.

At the pier, Abby has met Chad, who dumps the phone he texted with her into the river. He tells her he's not the killer, he is sure now, relays how he walked in on Marlena being attacked, has no good alibi since he has no idea who the drunk he fought with (when Serena was murdered) is. Nobody will believe him; she does. Tells her good-by, I love you. She refuses to let him run away, tries to convince him that that will make him look more guilty, tries to get him to go to the police and say what he knows. Chad thinks that is foolish, given his lying history and DiMera-ness. Lots of close ups as Abby just can't let Chad go. He won't take her with him, more touching and full-body blocking, doesn't want her involved. She IS involved - she just left her fiancé in the middle of the night. Abby declares that she's calling the shots now, if he leaves town, she'll turn him in.

In her hospital room, Marlena comes to with a start, sees a shadowy figure approach her, panics, but is relieved it's Daniel.

Abby has taken Chad to a shack where Jack hid out, nobody knows about it. Chad will be safe. Chad begs her not to come back; she tells him she and Ben are leaving town tomorrow. Good-by. She leaves.

Jennifer looks at a picture of her with Abby, laments not being able to be at Abby's wedding, save the flowers, etc., but is sure Ben will keep her safe until Clyde is captured.

At his apartment, Ben is watching TV and hears about Chad's APB. Breathes a sigh of relief. Pulls out some boxes from under the bed, gets a storage box, removes a shoebox full of red ties, a little baggie, and a shirt or something, pitches them in a trash bag (after sniffing the scarf/shirt). Then throws them in the river.

I must say - Ben is the killer? LAME. Let's move on quickly, shall we?

Other than that silly story turn, I'd say it was a great episode. Lots of suspenseful double-takes today. I actually might care about Chad/Abby if they'd had an adventure like this at some point before she became serious about Ben. And is there any doubt that the baby's Chad's, now? I really expected a bit better, but the ride was satisfying. And it only goes once, so...LOL.

Loved the Marlena/John scenes, Rafe in top cop mode, with bagged evidence and all, too. Jennifer was phenomenal today - oh how I'm glad she's back.

Are the writers trying to throw off the viewers with too many implications? First Clyde running and out of breath, Ben throwing away red ties and flower petals and the dark shadowy weird entrance of Dan hovering over Marlena.

Some are reporting that the baggie had the "rare" DiMera flower in it, very likely. Others are saying the hood was in the box, but that seems less likely, since Ben sniffed it. I watched twice and couldn't get a good look at what it was, but it could have been the hood - but that leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

I'm just hoping there's more to this story. Maybe he's protecting someone?

I had the same thought, sway. We viewers know that Clyde's in fairly decent shape, like the rest of his life and everything he says, power-walking is just a cover. We'll see.

I forgot to mention that I loved how Jennifer shook her hand off after Clyde left. LOL

Last edited:
I totally missed the scene where Ben takes out the box and dumps everything out into the Salem river. The reason it seemed like Clyde to me was that he was also wearing all black and was obviously running when he bumped into Jennifer. That whole encounter gave me the creeps. Abigail will be surely sorry, its so obvious she is not happy with her choice and she is sure digging a hole for herself by staying with a sociopath. Also loved Jennifers mention of Jack but she compared them to the wrong couple. In any case it was nice to hear her talk about him. Characters FINALLY acting like themselves is wonderful! I just need Abby to wakeup but she is being sacrificed for the plot.

Last edited:
Some are reporting that the baggie had the "rare" DiMera flower in it, very likely. Others are saying the hood was in the box, but that seems less likely, since Ben sniffed it. I watched twice and couldn't get a good look at what it was, but it could have been the hood - but that leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

Actually it's the baggie with what appears to be the rare flowers in it, that Ben sniffs. The black piece of material (hood?) he only removes from the box, doesn't sniff.

Thank you for the summary, Jason. Even though I don't like Ben and wouldn't mind seeing him go down, I too am disappointed if he really is the killer. It just doesn't fit for me. Even Clyde would have been more satisfying. But I agree, if it is Ben, let's just move on with the show.

If Abby took Chad to a deserted shack and left him, how is he supposed to survive, if she and Ben are planning to leave town tomorrow?

I forgot to mention that I loved how Jennifer shook her hand off after Clyde left. LOL
Jenny will probably run home and use some industrial-strength hand soap.
One would hope hospital security cameras caught someone going into or leaving Marlena's office. Guess those only work when it's convenient.
This is always the case. When the writers determine that somebody's going down, there are security cameras all over the place. Otherwise it's open season for prowlers -- even at the K-mansion and DiMansion.
I wondered the same thing. Hope he had some candy bars and a bottle of water in his pocket.
Chad could probably have Abigail contact high-end restaurants with the utmost discretion, which will deliver to odd, out-of-the-way places. As for Ben, he shouldn't have chosen the harbor to dump his plastic bag. Despite the piers' scruffy look, Salemites are inexplicably drawn there, and there's a good chance that somebody will find the bag, just like Carly the Bo-stealing hag found the half-drowned Rafe. Ben probably would have done better to leave the bag in the middle of the Town Square whose visitors are usually remarkably incurious (passersby rarely turn their head when nasty, personal arguments are taking place).

Last edited:
So maybe I missed something, but I don't understand Abigail. She says she can't let Chad run away, will turn him in if he does. She wants to help him, she believes him, so why leave him alone in that shack ? Chad may very well leave after she leaves. And what's the point of Chad being there ? Really, I don't get that part. :confused: Unless it's so that Chad actually saw Ben throwing away the bag, from where he was hiding. Now that would be good.

Now, about Ben, I'm not sure how I feel. Too predictable in my opinion. I'm not 100 % convinced he's the killer. Or at least, the only killer. I think he didn't kill Serena. Paige, yes, maybe, in order to further incriminate Chad. He saw an opportunity, became a copycat killer. But Serena ? Nope. I think there is something more there. While I didn't think it could be Daniel, after today, I think it's a possibility. Maybe Daniel wanted to avenge Nicole somehow. Or get revenge on Serena for telling him about Nicole and Eric. Who knows ? But Daniel was definitely very, very creepy today.

Speaking of creepy : Clyde. Wow ! I had chills when he was talking to Jennifer. Oh, and yes, by the way, welcome back, Jennifer ! At last !

So, all in all, I still think the show is improving, I love watching it now, and I do believe there are more reveals to come, especially about the murders.

Back