Days of Our Lives, Thu., Sept 24, 2015

Well I guess Ben proves the old adage is indeed true: the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. I have very mixed feelings about this. This isn't really that big of a surprise and since they made the reveal so soon I can only guess that it's not supposed to be. The new writers have earned a lot of good will over the past month as far as I'm concerned and they promised that this story is not over and that there are some twists and turns, and thrills and chills to be had. So I'm willing remain aboard on this ride.

On the other hand, however if what we saw today is to be taken completely at face value then I can't help but think this is their first real misstep. I may have been part of a minority here but I actually LIKED Ben and it bothers me they are going in this direction. I'm assuming they felt the audience wasn't investing in the Ben/Abigail/Chad triangle they way they thought they would. If that's the case then fine. What they should have done was get him out of their orbit and tested him with someone else like Theresa as I've seen Heather suggest more then once on this board, or Gabi since they brought her back.

But I feel like they are taking a totally viable character and sacrificing him to alter of Chad and Abigail. The thought of that kind of sours me on a couple I do otherwise like.

I know it probably seems like I'm contradicting myself since I started off saying how I'm along for the ride and I am but with serious misgivings.

What if Ben found those things in Clyde's hotel room? Brought them home to hide them?

I just don't know why either Clyde or Ben would have killed Serena or Paige except to frame Chad. Same goes for attacking Marlena. The thing is the killer got into Marlena's office dressed like that. What......were the halls empty?

On the other hand, however if what we saw today is to be taken completely at face value then I can't help but think this is their first real misstep. I may have been part of a minority here but I actually LIKED Ben
I'm with you in that boat. This further adds to the destruction of the Tomlin/Whitesell characters, which almost seems like a cheap shot at this point. WE GET IT. And now even if Ben/Abby have a sweet moment, it will be coloured.

And I again state, that once Ben is taken care of, there will be no drama for Chad and Abby to make them all angsty and dewy-eyed, and fans will be clamouring for another couple.
I'm assuming they felt the audience wasn't investing in the Ben/Abigail/Chad triangle they way they thought they would. If that's the case then fine.
Good point. Keep in mind, though, that the writers have less than 2 months of material at this point under their belts; this stuff would have been written in approximately February/early March.

I really agree with your post, Troy. That's been my primary complaint with this so-called triangle the whole time. They're not writing two viable interests for Abby, and never have. And this just furthers that. What, are we supposed to watch him be creepy, murderous, and skeevy like his daddy while Abby makes goo-goo eyes over his shoulder? (Yawn.) Another twist is needed.

I too have a problem with the logistics of the killer reveal. Clyde was winded; Ben was not. And Ben had to get all the way home in what, 10 minutes, maybe? (Only in Salem, LOL.) Maybe he actually drove? LOL

Furthermore WHERE did he keep the mask and black outfit? Did he just run into a bathroom and change? And keep them in his pocket? Seriously - there has to be more to the story.

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary Jason.

A great episode.......again! Days is on a mini-roll here! :clap:

RED HERRING: Ben or Dad?! I mean neither is "shocking" as previews indicated. Either Days took an easy way out to remove these characters or there is still another reveal to come.

Loved the scenes with Jennifer! She seemed familiar again. It's been over 2 years since her character felt 'real'. <deleted spoiler in non-spoiler forum> ~Sparkster

Looking forward to tomorrow. Friday's episode must be a whopper after the last 2 days!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Jason about there being more to the story if there isn't then this baby has more holes then a cruise ship made up entirely of Swiss cheese. I'm actually not bothered by the fact that killer was in black and Ben isn't he easily could keep the get-up in his car. If there were still telephone booths around I could even believe that he changed in one like an evil version of Superman LOL.

But I'm bothered more about the fact that NOBODY seemed to notice that there was someone all in black wearing a hood over his head running through the halls. I suppose there could be a stairwell near Marlena's office which might explain how he might be unseen if nobody happened to be right in that particular hall at that moment.

However I can't help but remember that there was a nurse on the elevator with Chad which if the staff were questioned would help prove he couldn't have been Marlena's attacker. Yes we know that the DiMeras are a crafty bunch but as far as I know even they haven't perfected the art of being in two places at once. I hope this detail isn't just skimmed over.

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary, Jason.

Poor Jennifer, Clyde touched her hand.

I wonder if Ben threw his box of stuff away too soon.
Chad might
have a good alibi.

I wondered if there were cameras in the hallway when
the masked man ran out the room. Didn't anyone see him?

I'm glad Rafe calmed John down. John doesn't need to be
Marlena's hero now. He just needs to be with her
:love:

It was funny when Daniel tried to get Marlena's age.

Abby's going to be surprised when she finds out Ben changed
his mind about moving away.

The poor Salem River. Today it got a cell phone and bag of
evidence thrown in it.

Everything's dark in the hospital, so that Marlena can be attacked. It's "night." Yet Jennifer and Abby both claim they need to work. There are holes, hopefully they come together.

As to keeping the getup in his car - these writers HAVE been better about having people drive, instead of teleport/walk...so I'll overlook that detail.

Jen Jen was just probably claiming to have to work because she wanted to get away from Creepy Clyde. Loved her wiping her hand on her skirt after he left.

I guess Ben has multiple gloves and hoods. Maybe the Salem PD should start checking to see who bought multiple black hoods, black gloves, and red ties at the same time.

The Salem River hasn't seen this much action since Sami, Kate, and Gabi tossed Tricky Nicky in it.

Marlena getting attacked and no one noticing a man dressed head to toe in black fleeing the hospital is slightly ludicrous.

Assuming Ben is the true killer I bet that this isn't the first time he's killed. He was formally a drifter who changed his name multiple times. Bet there are some unsolved serial murders in the places he's lived.

Was it me or did Clyde seem a little shocked that Ben blurted out he would kill Chad if Chad followed him and Abby?

Hi everyone new here, well kind of I've been reading everything for awhile. I so appreciate the summaries everyday and everyone's comments especially since I have only been watching since about 2008 or 2009.

Anyway I really think it may be Clyde. I noticed at the beginning of the show today when Marlena was wrestling with the killer his hands were that of an older person. I'm going to watch again but I just don't think it was Ben after Clyde being so out of breath from his speed walking and the "hands".

Pulling at straws because I hate what the writers did to Ben. Is it possible that he has been hypnotized in a way by Clyde. Did you notice how he changed his tune and said he was staying in Salem. Could he have collected the ties and stuff just to plant evidence against Chad. :confused:Finally, when this ends will the Jordan and Ben story be forgotten. :cry: Or will she return to spar with Clyde? One more thing. Abby helped make him crazy.:angry:

I loved all the suspense today! I know some posters are disappointed with the "reveal" but I'm thinking there could be more to this with some twists down the line like others have suggested. The thing is, even if it's a little predictable or lame to have Ben be the killer, I think it makes the story with Abigail and Chad that much more powerful. Even Jennifer thinks her daughter will be safe by running off with Ben. If Ben truly is the killer, when this all comes out just think of how horrified Abby will be when she realizes she chose her serial killer fiance over the love of her life Chad who he has been trying to set up to take the fall. Talk about a psycho.

I liked the Marlena scenes. I'm hoping she will eventually recall a little more about what happened and will realize that Chad isn't the killer and was actually there to help her and save her. I'm glad John got there right away to be there for Marlena too. It's funny because the SOD article made it sound like John was out of town or something and that it was Roman there instead. I don't know, it's weird.

(Clyde) tells (Jen that) she's remarkable, takes her hands, and says he looks forward to a closer relationship when the kids are married.

Jason, have you considered making Clyde/Jennifer your new Golden Couple? I've noticed that you have abandoned the the Eve/JJ pairing. :love:

It was great to see Jen stand up to Clyde today; she was fearless.

Chad must have returned that attaché case cash to the safe when we weren't looking...

Anyway I really think it may be Clyde. I noticed at the beginning of the show today when Marlena was wrestling with the killer his hands were that of an older person. I'm going to watch again but I just don't think it was Ben after Clyde being so out of breath from his speed walking and the "hands".
For scenes like that, they do not use the actual actors. The person dressed in black was either a stunt person or a random extra. So you can't use the physical characteristics in that scene to determine anything.

A little off subject for a moment. Last week I was at St. Vincent's buying a bunch of old neckties for a craft project. As I was standing in the checkout line holding a handful of neckties, I got chills down my spine.

Back on subject: I wasn't surprised that Ben was shown as the red necktie killer, but I will be surprised if the twist in the story is that he ISN'T the killer. I think until he is caught, we are going to be given spine chilling moments of seeing him playing cat and mouse with Abby and/or other victims. We'll be wondering what else is going to set him off and who he might kill.

Back