Days of Our Lives, Thurs. 8/07/14

Pity poor Marlena. Both of her twins are emotional messes who don't know what they want. One minute Samantha was engaging in an orgy of self-doubt over whether she drove EJ into Abigail's arms and the next she's going off like Mt. Vesuvius and driving Elvis out of the DiMansion like St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland. Meanwhile, at the Vatican, Eric has just put the Church through a lengthy investigatory process that included Nicole trekking to Rome, and then he has another one of his crises, and decides that he's finished with the priesthood. A minor surprise was finding out that EJ's go-to drug dealer was neither Jeremiah nor creepy Clyde. It would be ironic if Clyde tried selling drugs on EJ's turf and pays the ultimate price, meaning that it would be Elvis who saves Jordan and Ben from their monstrous step-father.

Interesting comment Snowfox. Yes, Kate is sort of taking Samantha from EJ.
Today out of the three, Kate wore the pants :)

I liked Jen's home outfit. I wear stuff like that when I'm at home.
Jen's dress was nice too. A lot better than what Sami is wearing.

Ollie, Kevin, Ben is going to need anger management classes. He has
a temper like his dad. His dad hit his mom. What Ben did
to Rafe was wrong too.

Today we had two rulings. The judge told Jen she can't throw
out the annulment paper and there will be a trial. But Jen
will probably win. Does that mean Jen will lose?

The Cardinal told Eric he can be a priest again. But something
happened since Eric left Africa. He lost his "calling". I wonder
what god has planned for him next.

Thanks for the summary, DaysD

if the judge ruled the papers wouldn't valid, would Eve still be
married to Jack or was the paper about getting Jack's half
of published works written later?

Eve was upset with Jack when she told Paige he stole it
from her. She wants what is due her.

Eve seems to twist things to suit her version of events. Her inheritance from Nick Corelli stipulated she could only get the money if she got married. She asked Frankie who said no. Jack was losing his paper, The Spectator, so she agreed to give him half the money to marry her. The marriage was annulled, but that is how she got him to make up that piece of paper she managed to save all these years, while never ever knowing what Jack was doing.

In addition, I vaguely remember something about Julie buying out Eve's share in the Spectator so that Eve wouldn't lose any money via the annulment, or something like that. So unless the writers are rewriting history again, Eve's story that Jack swindled her out of her share is malarkey.

Thanks, daydg. good job. I have changed all the "Bishop"s to "Cardinal".

Hard to believe that Sami was actually going to blame herself. Glad Kate was there. And now, if we can only find out what went on in the Clyde/Jordan/Ben home. We HAVE learned that the man was cruel, bad tempter, and beat his wife and children. Has to be more than that.
And of course, Jordan is still not telling Rafe. So....o.k., Jordan, then leave town as you mentioned.
Why would it be hard to believe Sami was going to blame herself? That is what abused women do. They take the blame for everything that goes wrong.

Jr. has been abusing her for so long she just doesn't know any better. Just leave with him already, please?

I found the judge's ruling strange. I felt like she was saying, I agree with Ms. Deveraux but I'm letting it go to trial anyway:confused:
Actually, not so much. Motions for summary judgment are a common trial practice tactic, but if the judge thinks that one side or the other even has a shred of a case, he/she will deny the motion. In Eve v. Jen Jen, the judge believed that Aiden had presented a far stronger case, but thought that there was enough doubt to allow the issue to be decided by a jury. If this litigation ever does get to trial, Aiden would be well advised to tell Ms. Priss to keep her mouth shut at all costs (it's too bad that he can't gag her) and sit back and allow Eve's inevitable outbursts to totally alienate the jury. Another good ploy would be to pack the courtroom with injured veterans in full uniform.

Thanks DrBakerFan. I thought you might be able to shed some light on this. I agree too--both women were making faces at each other and looking like they were about to explode during the three minutes or so while the judge was hearing arguments. It's a toss up who will alienate the jury more in my opinion.

Actually, not so much. Motions for summary judgment are a common trial practice tactic, but if the judge thinks that one side or the other even has a shred of a case, he/she will deny the motion. In Eve v. Jen Jen, the judge believed that Aiden had presented a far stronger case, but thought that there was enough doubt to allow the issue to be decided by a jury. If this litigation ever does get to trial, Aiden would be well advised to tell Ms. Priss to keep her mouth shut at all costs (it's too bad that he can't gag her) and sit back and allow Eve's inevitable outbursts to totally alienate the jury. Another good ploy would be to pack the courtroom with injured veterans in full uniform.

YES!!!!

I was really annoyed with Rafe in this episode. Since when did he become a helpless victim?!? Oh that's right when TIIC decided EJ was the show's leading man. :sick:

Jason, I also thought the Kevin comment was very interesting and very odd timing since Jordan, Ben and Clyde seem to be more prominent now. I'm still wondering if Jordan is Paige's Cousin Joan. And yes Ben is a very loose cannon. We also know that he once owned a gun. Question is why. I'm way more interested in Ben than Jordan at this point and I have a hard time taking her or her "love" for Rafe seriously.

JJ and Paige in love: Ridiculous

Snoozefest overall

Jordan as Paige's cousin Joan seems to be out the window, well that is if the writers remember what they wrote.

I actually thought it rather appropriate that Rafe didn't fight back, he feels guilty, unlike EJ, who would have been hissing and clawing in return. Now, I don't like Ben and think he WAY overreacted (he was beating on Rafe like Rafe had just assaulted Jordan), but I understood and liked that Rafe didn't fight back. Just my opinion.

Back