Days of Our Lives - Thurs., 8/14/14

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives - Thursday, August 14, 2014

Short summary today; please feel free to fill in the details.

Marlena tells Brady that Kristen is being held at the Salem PD. Brady, being a total hot-head, goes down there and demands to speak to Kristen. Marlena tells him he's playing right into Kristen's hands and gets him to calm down.

Kristen is on the phone with Stefano, telling him if it weren't for Daniel, her plan would've gone perfectly. She says now that she's in Salem, maybe she can be of help to him in the current mess with Sami and Kate. She also mentions how EJ turned his back on her and you know what happens when DiMeras turn on each other.

Abby is on the phone (in HTS) with a prospective employer and they ask for her to send them a recommendation from the hospital, which Abby knows won't happen; she hangs up, looking dejected. Clyde sits down with her and gives her a bunch of baloney about how he was a bad father to Jordan and Ben and he wants to change that. He tells her that she is good for "his boy". Abby is terribly uncomfortable with the conversation. Clyde leaves.

Kate and Rafe are in the Pub talking. She gives him a bunch of baloney about how she's glad he found Jordan and sorry about how the relationship was ruined by Jordan finding about about their drunken hook-up. She lays it on thick about how she'll always be Rafe's friend and he eats it up with a spoon. They hug a friendly hug and he leaves. Kate is startled when Clyde comes behind her and asks if that was his daughter's boyfriend. They chat a few minutes and Kate looks uncomfortable as Clyde leaves the pub.

Sami and EJ go round and round at the DiMansion and he tells her that he DID turn his back on Kristen and will not support her in whatever plans she has. Sami just keeps telling him to leave. Later, Sami is on the phone with Mr. Shin and EJ comes in as Shin is asking about him. EJ takes the phone and has pleasant chit-chat with Shin and hangs up. EJ tells Sami she's playing a dangerous game.

Sami gets a call from someone named Rosemary, says she has to leave right now. EJ says they need to talk and Sami says he can talk to Kate, who just walked in the door. EJ tells Kate he's trying to help her; he's warning her about the stakes that are involved, trying to sound ominous.

Jordan is at Club TBD "crying in her beer" over Rafe (with Ben). Ben tells her to go talk to Rafe.

Sonny and Will are at their apartment, with Sonny being quite uneasy about the article, while Will is flying high about knowing it'll be published. He says that maybe if Sami has to deal with people being in her face about the stuff she's done, she won't have time to keep up her revenge plans on everyone else. They open a bottle of champagne and toast the article and then get romantic in the bedroom.

Will is talking about how lucky he is that Zoe happened to stumble upon his blog. Cue Sonny's uneasy look.

Rafe's in the square (looks like he was jogging) and gets a call about Kristen being arrested and is at the station. He's pretty happy to hear that they've now arrested two DiMeras (oh, don't be so happy, you know the DiMeras are Teflon and nothing sticks).

Abby is now in Club TBD talking to Ben, who is telling her she doesn't need references to get a job. Tells her he never did and he's always managed to get jobs. Ben is showing Abby how to make the perfect drink and Abby seems to be enjoying it. Then Abby tells Ben about talking to Clyde earlier.

Kristen is now talking to herself (her call with Stefano is over), asking why Brady hasn't come to see her. The guard is telling someone he's bringing her down for booking.

Jordan runs into Rafe in the park and they have an awkward encounter and he goes to leave, but she calls him back.

Clyde & Jeremiah have a meeting in the park. Jeremiah says the run went well, but they need "locals". Clyde says not to worry, he'll put a crew together and he knows just who to talk to.

Sami meets Zoe (Will's editor) in HTS. Sami starts babbling about Countess W and all she did to run it. Zoe politely shuts her down and tells her the intended article is not about when she ran Countess W. Sami is confused, said she thought the article was about her. Zoe says it is...and it's already been written. She gives Sami the article and says she'd like to get her feedback first. Sami says it's very exciting as she opens the folder to read it.

I'm imagine Samantha Gene is going to explode and spew like a volcano tomorrow.

th

Pretty boring episode. I'm looking forward to Sami's reaction tomorrow. I still don't give a hoot about Jordan/Clyde stuff. I do like Ben though. He and Abby are sort of cute together. I like what this actor brings to the role. The previous one was so blah and one-note. I can't take that midriff top that Jordan has been wearing. I didn't realize that look was back in style. Perhaps on Paige, maybe Abigail, it would look ok. But I'm sorry, a woman who is a professional and apparently in her late twenties/early thirties should not be wearing that type of clothing. Just my opinion. I hope Kristen is able to get changed soon. I'm really tired of that hideous dress.

Thanks for doing the summary, if I had known I could have done it earlier. I think you covered everything JS. :)

So Kristen used her one phone call to call adopted daddy??? Okay.... and she had a plan.... that Dr Dan Tan ruined??? When she was in Salem before didn't she notice he was always around when bad things happened?

Sami Sami Sami...... so tired of this revenge thing....

Abby you could ask someone other than Kayla for a recommendation..... sheesh.... Guess has to be because of DA PLOT.... will skim through tonight when I get home.

I wish Sami's and Kate's revenge had gone like this. Sami marries EJ, has him arrested, gets control of DiMera Enterprises, Kate/Sami do all the damage they have planned before EJ gets out of jail, when EJ gets to the mansion Sami and the children are gone, and he is served with divorce papers, and EJ can't leave Salem because he is under house arrest.

I'm going to be so annoyed if Sami gets back together with EJ. I'm tired of EJ acting like he is doing Sami a favor by claiming to choose her and the children. He did not choose them when it really counted. EJ does not love Sami, he never has. He is obsessed with her, and now that the object (and that is how EJ sees Sami, as an object) of his obsession has gotten out from under his thumb, he is desperate to regain control of her.

I like Sami/Kate's high five. They are the only reason I continue to watch. I don't care about any of the other SLs.

I don't know which is more pathetic - Kristen calling Daddy Stefano or EJ's hair.

I see Brady is trying to regain his title of "Dumbest Man in Salem," It's tough competition this year for it.

edited to write out company name....again...JS

also edited to remove spoiler info in non-spoiler forum....JS

Today's show was nothing compared to yesterdays
yawning.gif

I'm glad Marlena talked some sense to Dopey oops Brady.
I hope he stays on track now with only concerning himself
with John's recovery.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised Kristen called Stefano, but
what can he do. Can he get her a lawyer? The only one in
town now is Aiden. Unless Kristen can't afford a lawyer
and one will be appointed free of charge.

I'm going to assume Abby tells Ben what Clyde told her
about going to a shrink, blah, blah, blah. Then Ben
will blow his top LOL

Rafe still believes Kate. I bet he won't if he finds out
how Clyde got to Salem.

OK, did anyone else see the Raphael HERNANZEZ liquor Ben was using? I first noticed the HERNANDEZ part in huge print on the bottle, but it seriously looked like it said Raphael in script above Hernandez. Oh those prop people are hilarious!

I'm imagine Samantha Gene is going to explode and spew like a volcano tomorrow.

th

The Sami explosion is going to make the 1883 Krakatoa eruption look like a little burp. Unless Zoethe editor is wearing a the kind of fire-resistant clothing that's issued to firefighters, she going to look worse than a batch of cookies that Maggie forgot she had in the oven. As for creepy Clyde, his mention to Abigail that she really doesn't need references and supports this statement by mentioning that he never had trouble getting jobs was a real howler. Does he really think that Ms. Priss's perfect daughter is considering a career robbing 7-11s, working in a meth lab, snatching purses, rolling drunks, or running drugs across the Mexican border?

The plot... if Abby was to get a reference letter from her mom-boss, I think employers would not take it seriously - it would not be impartial.

I thought that Sami had a restraining order against EJ? What is he doing at the mansion?

If Aiden was to represent Kristen - I'm sure Hope would loose it and it would end any possible relationship between them...

I can't wait to see Sami's face when she reads the article and finds out that her son (who called her Sami during today's episode) wrote it!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth krw627. Also, Jennifer's last name (most of the time) is Horton and Abigail's is Deveraux. How would a prospective employer know that is her mother?

I missed the first 20 or so minutes of the show and now I see I don't need to rewatch.

Will's shirt: :eek: And yes Sparkster I agree about Kristen's hideously, inappropriate dress and Jordan's inappropriate top. She must be dressed by the same stylist dressing Jen and Abigail in 1970s garb.

I am beyond annoyed that Rafe still does NOT have a real storyline. I need to see him more than once a week and doing more than interacting with just Jordan or pining over her. Why is Hope the only working cop in Salem while everyone else seems to assist her? I thought they were all peers and I'd think Rafe would have way more seniority than Hope.

Didn't Jordan find out about Rafe and Kate earlier in the same day? And she is whining about how long it has been? :rolleyes:

Thanks for a great summary JS.

:OT: Since I'm a big Dallas and Patrick Duffy fan, I've been watching the 90s sitcom Step by Step on The Hub network each night. Tonight a handsome young cop was on and it was played by none other than Shawn Christian(Daniel). He looked very well groomed and had no scruff! His voice is what gave it away for me. Fun stuff. Way more entertaining than today's Days episode.
:back:

I am amazed that Roman, Hope and Abe ALL went home and left Kristen in the interrogation room making her "daddy" call. It's unrealistic that at least one of them didn't stick around until she was booked and locked in a cell. I'm not saying those officers are incompetent, :rotfl:but someone with higher authority should have been there.

Wait a minute!!! I don't want to be considered in Kristen's corner, but I have to declare my thoughts and how they've evolved.

Please let me say that I am not a Kristen lover...NOT EVEN A LIKER....HOWEVER, when Gabi was at the same station---when she declared herself the executioner of her late husband, Nick, she hogged that room for hours, maybe even days and was not relegated to a cell when her friends and/or relatives by the dozen visited with her. All that was missing was a picnic basket.

So this is the way it is in Salem...not only "innocent until proven guilty", but privileged rather than ignored. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum.....JS I just LOVE to HATE her...she really is a good actress, she's perfect in the part of the witch of Salem.

Just look how happy we all were to see her and her dumb henchmen pounce on Dr. Daniel...how it didn't last (BECAUSE right wins over might) and how delightful it was to see her show up in the Police Station. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum.....JS

Not everybody was happy to see her beat up Daniel. I couldn't stomach those scenes and cheered quite loudly when Daniel got free, though I wish it had ended sooner after that. I also hope that whatever happens next, that this is the last time we see Kristen. I don't love to hate her. I want her off my screen period; there are lots of other characters I find more interesting.

I will say, though, that there's been lots of funny lines in the last couple of days as people tried to confront Kristen. I think my favorite was Roman saying, "The lynch mob is going home now." :rotfl:

I skipped most of the episode. It was a bit slow and I've had a busy series of weeks. Thanks for the summary.
Will is talking about how lucky he is that Zoe happened to stumble upon his blog. Cue Sonny's uneasy look.
What!? Will is the first person in Salem ever to question the town's denizens' ability to get jobs for which they are completely unqualified, LOL. Maybe Sonny should do his cousin a favour, too, LOL.

Elsewhere, EJ and Sami...:sick: Jordan and Rafe...snore.gif.

Clyde and Kate...
make it stop.gif

Back