Days of Our Lives - Thurs., 8/4/2016

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quick summary.

Chloe and Philip talk, him telling her she's still worth a million bucks. She later sees a set of new parents in the square, cooing over their baby in a stroller and feels bad.

Nicole and Deimos get all hot and heavy on the couch in the K-Mansion (after he plays her some Beethoven music on the piano). He asks her to marry him.

Nicole meets with Chloe and tells her Deimos proposed.

Chad has a nightmare of Jennifer taking Thomas from him. (she's wearing that stupid, ugly blue dress with the Star Trek looking sleeves that she wore at Hope's house one time). He wakes up, realizes Thomas is there and fine.

Belle drops by to discuss the court case. She says they have to trash Jennifer in court as a pill-popper. He says he doesn't want to do that to Abby's mother.

Jennifer is at home, cleaning Thomas' nursery (the one Abby had set up for him before she moved into the DiMansion), while talking to Maggie on the phone. She asks about Tate (surprising), as she's sweeping the floor with a little hand-held brush. (and wearing a pretty white summer dress; sure, because we all do house cleaning in a beautiful, white summer dress)

She moves a dresser back into place and hurts her back. A few minutes later, she finds a bottle of pills tucked into some blankets and struggles with wanting to take them.

Dario is on today (at Club TBD) and talks with Chloe. She orders a drink, then remembers she's pregnant and has ginger ale instead. I don't really remember what they talked about, though.

Please fill in the details. Thanks!

Here is the full summary. Sorry it's a bit late I got caught up on a call.

Chad is at the DiMansion and dreams of Abby coming to see him. It’s really Jennifer standing in a fogged doorway (rather creepy scene). It is NOT Kate Mansi's (Abby) voice—it sounds like a computer altered Jennifer’s voice. She questions why he would let Jen take Thomas from them. Says he is unfit. In walks angry Jennifer. They argue again. Jennifer tells Chad he won’t destroy another member of her family. Chad says she won’t get Thomas. Jen says he already has.

Chad wakes up. Belle enters. He tells her about the dream and she says she is here to make sure he doesn’t lose Thomas. Belle reiterates that he needs to get himself together and show he’s a fit parent. Chad shows her how he has. They will build him up and tear Jen down. They talk about the drugs and how she is still an addict. Chad doesn’t want to do that. Belle convinces him otherwise. It’s a custody battle and there is no room for nice. Chad is still uncomfortable tearing Jen down but he’ll do everything else Belle says.

Belle says Jen is the one who started it. Belle says Abigail abandoning them is a non-issue but Chad tells her not to say that. He is still hopeful his men will bring her back. She goes to leave saying nobody is perfect and Chad asks her what’s wrong. They talk about Claire and parenthood in general. It’s rewarding but a challenge. Belle says he needs to trust that his love for his son will show him what is right. Chad says she sounds like she is talking about her.

He asks about her getting back together with Shawn and is Claire making it difficult. She says it’s none of his concern. He agrees but says she is his lawyer and he needs to make sure she is focused. She says she is and reiterates how he can help his case. He thanks her and she leaves. He stares at a photo of Stefano and starts talking to the photo about doing what is necessary to keep his son.

Jen is in the Horton nursery talking on the phone to Aunt Maggie and cleaning in her WHITE DRESS. They discuss Abby and Tate. Note that the Horton nursery looks exactly like the DiMansion nursery. She hangs up and feels back pain and then finds a bottle of pills hidden in the top drawer. She stares at them and throws them away and leaves the nursery. Later she is back in the nursery saying “Soon Thomas, very soon”.

Deimos and Nicole are at the KMansion. Nicole can’t get him out of her head. She feels like she’s in a nightmare and can’t wake up. He gets her a double brandy. He likes that she can’t get him out of her head. All he does is think of her. Lots of back and forth banter. Nicole talks about Daniel again and how he “changed” her. She wants them to get out of each other’s heads. Deimos wants Nicole to change him. She says she is not a life coach. If he wants a change, go find religion or talk to a shrink. He cannot stop looking at her. She has already changed him.

Nicole says he is only attracted to her because she looks like Helena. He denies it, doesn’t want Nicole to be her. Says he can see himself in her and vice versa. That’s why they are in each other’s heads. NOTE: He is talking as if they have known each other for a long time. Deimos promises to never lie to her about anything and will never let anyone hurt her. Nobody stands between them. He grabs her hand. He knows he can make her very happy. She says it sounds like a proposal and then he asks her to marry him. She says last time he put a ring on her finger he almost died. He is now stroking her face. He asks her again.

They kiss and fall onto the couch making love. Afterglow. Nicole is naked on the couch while Deimos plays the piano. She goes over and sits with him, resting her head on his shoulder. She tells him she can’t say yes yet. He gets it. Note that the music playing over sounds a lot like Bo and Hope’s former music from Marty Davich. She decides to go. He asks why she can’t stay the night. She leaves.

Chloe has a nightmare about Deimos “knowing everything”. Next she is on the phone with Parker while walking through HTS. She sees a couple with a baby and remembers kissing Deimos. She then goes to TBD and sees Dario. Small talk as they reconnect. He gives her a welcome back drink on the house. She first asks for Cabernet and then changes it to ginger ale. Nice conversation between these 2.

Dario encourages her singing career. Nicole comes in looking upset. Chloe goes over to meet with her. After some prodding, Nicole tells Chloe about the proposal. Dario eavesdrops for a bit. Chloe asks if she gave an answer. Nicole says she should run as far away as she can but Chloe says she doesn’t want to. Nicole says she can’t stop thinking about him. Chloe says been there done that when she thought he was Robert. Nicole talks about how he has “changed”.

Chloe warns her to be careful and that he may be playing her. He wants her to run Basic Black. Nicole is struggling with the decision while Chloe looks jealous. She then mentions he wants children which is something she can’t give him. Chloe encourages her to think about this and that no matter how convincing he is, he can’t be trusted. Nicole talks about him “changing” again and knows how he feels. Nicole leaves and Chloe looks upset.

Back at the KMansion, Deimos puts a photo of Helena into a wooden box and closes it. He has tears in his eyes. END.

Pity poor Chloe. First, she puts her music career in the hands of bumbling Philly K. and now she's getting friendly with Dario, the Hernandez family slime. Her "creep/loser" radar clearly needs some fine tuning.

The "new" caring, sincere, sensitive Deimos is very convincing. Perhaps, he should consider a career as a motivational speaker.

Finally, lawyer Belle is right on target about the custody case. It's not some polite joust. Screechy, ranting Jenny is trying to take Chad's son away from him without justification. This is beyond outrageous. To win, Chad does need to dispel any doubts that he's a "fit" parent, and tossing a little mud on Jenny won't hurt either.

Thanks, JS and Heather.

Nicole knows the Deimos found the doctor to operate on Maggie. Was he truthful and tell her he
blackmailed the doctor to do the surgery?

Interesting dream Chad had. I'm glad he was going to be nice with Jennifer. Too bad Belle told
him he can't be nice in a custody hearing. Hopefully, something will change before they
go to court.

They didn't show Jen's shoes today. Was she wearing high heels with the dress when she
was cleaning the nursery?

I need to remember if I ever visit Salem never sit on the couches :)

Finally, lawyer Belle is right on target about the custody case. It's not some polite joust. Screechy, ranting Jenny is trying to take Chad's son away from him without justification. This is beyond outrageous. To win, Chad does need to dispel any doubts that he's a "fit" parent, and tossing a little mud on Jenny won't hurt either.

Sadly I agree with this. She actually gave pretty solid legal advice--I was surprised. I was glad that Chad had a conscience though about going after Jen. He's absolutely right that this would cause issues with Abby but then again so is what Jen is doing. I'm curious to see what would happen should Abby return.

I did like Belle and Chad talking about parenting as well. Sometimes it's easier to confide in a stranger.

Chloe and Dario: While I'd rather see her with Brady or Philip, I didn't hate this either. Dario was tolerable with her and their conversation was cute. Too bad he probably has an ulterior motive regarding Nicole. I also think Chloe still has feelings for Deimos.:rolleyes:

Nicole and Deimos: I'm not buying that this is some great love that's been building up for ages. Sorry but no.

I REALLY, REALLY wish we would get a Chloe and Belle scene. Nicole is not her only friend in Salem. Chloe and Belle were close friends way back when.

Thanks JS and Heather. I'm back in the States now and ready to do next Thursday's summary...oh, wait...LOL

I'm hoping my DVR recorded this one. Sounds fairly good. I like lawyer Belle a lot more than wife/lover Belle.

I'm wondering if perhaps Nicole will fake a pregnancy with Chloe hiding hers (they did this on AMC a few years back). That would be somewhat original for this show, and the romantic situation is novel, too.
Nicole and Deimos: I'm not buying that this is some great love that's been building up for ages. Sorry but no.
Sure, it can't compare to Hope and Rafe's great love, but it's still pretty great!! :wink:

Again I will repeat myself. This whole Deimos story has been shoved down our throats by the writers. Nicole and Deimos have not known each other long enough to have this emotional connection. This would be Nicole reverting and she is too strong for that. Why go to all the trouble of having her mature to have her resort to this claiming to be true love, he's changed etc? Deimos' lips are moving so he is lying. He's changed, er, I don't THINK SO!

This isn't romance, it's more "any port in a storm" writing. Forcing it, doesn't make it so. Is there any truly romantic couple left on this show?
Oh silly me, this is 2016 style of writing. We need to get with the program. Maybe we should get with a different program because this one is being written by deluded individuals.

Thanks, I went back and looked when she was kneeling, but not when she
left the room. No wonder her back hurt.

I'm wondering if perhaps Nicole will fake a pregnancy with Chloe hiding hers (they did this on AMC a few years back). That would be somewhat original for this show, and the romantic situation is novel, too.
The same as Nicole being pregnant and miscarrying EJ's baby, then pretending she was still pregnant, while Sami hid her pregnancy.

Except that was 2 different parallel stories whereas I think Jason is suggesting Chloe and Nicole will work together. I'm not sure I can see that happening because Chloe seems to still have feeling so or a Deimos that she won't admit. I think we are most likely to see someone like Philip pretend to be the father of Chloe's baby so Nicole can be with Deimos.

Am not sure if Chloe still has deep feelings for Deimos, or if she is feeling something else, being she is pregnant with his child?? Sentimental, or "what could have been", or just "what am I going to do now? " sort of thoughts.

It was hard to tell. At first she imagined him saying he knows everything in an almost threatening manner. And then when she saw the family with the baby, she flash backed to kissing him. And she didn't look happy at all when Nicole was talking about him. I'm not sure if she was jealous or just upset that her pregnancy may cause an issue for her friend. However, she did keep warning Nicole not to trust Deimos. Again, I'm not sure if this was out of jealousy or general concern. I guess time will tell.:)

Deimos and Nicole is just plain wrong!!!! Deimos deserves to be alone and miserable. I hope Chloe keeps her secret to herself (ah, but this is Salem). Somehow I am guessing that Brady may be available down the road - so wait girls, he's not perfect, but he's not evil either.

This would be Nicole reverting and she is too strong for that. Why go to all the trouble of having her mature to have her resort to this claiming to be true love, he's changed etc?

Why not, they did it with Sami? She was very mature when she was with Rafe and during the Green Wedding timeframe, but they reverted her back to whiny, screechy Sami as soon as she decided EJ was her one true love.

Back