Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Aug. 27, 2015

Paigie Borden took an ax and gave her mother 40 whacks.....That would actually make Paigie-Poo interesting!
It might make for a far better Days plot than the end of the hapless Bluebird. Everyone seems to hate Eve, and her demise by "40 whacks" would be satisfyingly gruesome. After Rafe arrests Paigie-poo and says she's the chief suspect, lawyer Aiden gets on his white horse and rushes to her aid. All around town, Salemites are saying: "How could such a nice, smart girl do such a thing? It's simply not possible. She's innocent." Meanwhile rumors are swirling about town, suggesting that the "real killer" is JJ, Jenny, Ms. Perfect, Cole, Jeannie T., Kyle, or the all-purpose mysterious stranger.

Jennifer got a lot of close up screen time today and she was kind of positioned close to the windows towards the end, so I'm wondering if something might happen to her as a warning to J.J. :confused:

Might I suggest a moment a silence for the passing of Serena Mason? If she is remembered for nothing else it will be her invaluable contribution of making our floppy eared ivory-tusked friend, the elephant the topic of much conversation. *bows head*

In all seriousness, I think this character just was badly handled from the get go. She came out of nowhere and was gushed about as some "great love of Eric's". She was inconsistently written like she was trying to find the elephant because Eric was in danger, then then when she found the diamonds it was suddenly all about the money, then she was afraid of Xander except for the times when she clearly wasn't. But through all that mess Melissa Archer (Serena) acted her way through that mess like a champ.

Eric calls Hope, seems Serena has not shown up at work
I laughed out loud when Hope said, "Surely plenty of people don't show up for work on time." She's been hanging out with her cuz too much. :)

WOW nice effects for the flashbacks. If we're going to be subjected to them, I like that the new writers/producers are mixing up the style (last week Caroline had a "thinks" flashback, today the mirror effect).
...Chad's hangover seemed more like someone who'd been drugged. I wonder what happened to him after he left TBD.
I had the same thought.

I liked Jennifer today. Eve is pointless.

The point of view shot when Serena's phone rang in the park was truly chilling. I want Clyde nailed for this. He can kill as many EJs as he wants, though.

I know we're not supposed to like them, but Ben & Abby were kinda sweet today. I do like how the new writers are moving this triangle in a new direction and giving everyone a few more dimensions.
I did NOT like Roman's attitude one bit
I didn't either, but I'd be madder if he didn't have some sort of authoritative pre-lecture, too. :)

Which leads me to Aiden.
I don't even know where to start with how I feel about this story. I'd love some red herring now, too.

Paige finally used her brain.
That's a major liability in Salem.
NO DANIEL!!!!! :) :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I've never had a research job but they're usually not the "clock in, clock out" type. In my patient-centric job, if I miss work and don't answer my phone, they'll call my emergency contact after about 4 hours. (At least per policy...never tested that one out!! LOL) Still I think it gave good cause for Eric to be the one to find her. If they had set it up differently (for example, him stopping by to see his Mom, someone asks if he's seen Serena, then he checks her hotel, etc...), it would have clogged the episode up too much, methinks.

Goodness, a lot of stuff happened today and the days in Salem
are going faster.

I don't think Eve cared what Paige told her if she find out it's
Eve fault something happens to JJ. And why didn't JJ stay
at home.

I laughed after Eve looked at her phone and said "Go Sonix"

Nice to see John and Marlena together today. Was Marlena at the
cop shop because John needed her
help or was she there to give
Rafe's psych evaluation?

I'm glad Rafe got reinstated. He's the smartest one on the Salem PD

Abby wasn't happy when Ben wanted to spend all day with her.
Is Ben going to quit his job so he can be with her all day and night?

No Daniel usually means no Nicole... or a very reduced amount of her. Think about how much we've seen Nicole in the last two weeks too. I miss her.

That said, here's a thought: would it be too obvious for Xander to be Serena's murderer and drugged Chad so that suspicion gets thrown on him (for unknown reasons, but maybe some convoluted way to spark a Kiriakis-DiMera war).

And Roman discussed this with Hope today, noting that Xander was in jail, his phone had been taken from him before being put in the cell, he had no visitors or calls (which means he could not have arranged with someone else to do it) and also he was quite shocked at the news.

Don't you wonder why the hospital is calling Eric with such urgency because Serena did not show up for work, and yet both Jen & Abby are home, with Abby just waking up, and then going shopping, while Jen sort of paces around. How come no call into them?
Another thing about this show--why was Eric so upset, because Serena wasn't at work? It was frantic.

Back