Days of Our Lives, Thurs., Dec. 4, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, December 4, 2014

Aaaah, as Sherlock Holmes would say....the game is afoot. LOL. And awaaayyyy we go. Jennifer runs into Paige at the Pub, with a couple of coffees, and Jen has to ask if one is for JJ. Paige really doesn't answer much, Jen notes she promised JJ not to interfere, but goes on and on to paige about the info on Jack that Paige learned, how JJ is not his father, and yada yada. Meanwhile, JJ is in the park, pacing, waiting for Paige, and here comes Eve. They have their usual conversations about the mistake they made (JJ has texted Paige not to come) with Eve once again telling JJ Paige cannot know, it would hurt her terribly, so stay away. He leaves, Eve texts Paige to come home right now.
JJ calls Paige, tells her of running into her mother, thinks perhaps she knows about them. Paige notes mom just texted her to come home. JJ tells her to call him after she talks.

At Eve's apartment, she has called Theresa to come, tells her about Daddy in the hospital for tests, and that she intends to go to California, with Paige, and wants Theresa to help her. When Paige arrives, Eve breaks the news about Grampa Shane, and how she just has to be there to see for herself, wants Paige along, she has had her last day of school, her tests, just some papers which she can do from anywhere. Paige tries to text JJ from out in the hall, but mom stops her, they have to leave now, she already has tickets.

At home, Jen is surprised to see JJ, but he had a break in classes, or some such. She tells him of running into Paige, who had to leave as her mom wanted her home. JJ sits quietly, pondering everything, Jen finds him later, head in hands, looking downhearted. He just says it is classes. He goes to Paige's apt., Theresa opens the door, he wants to see Paige. Theresa says she isn't there, no idea when she will be back, slams the door in his face.

Abigail arrives at Ben's place, all ready for the run. She does a few warm up exercises, he is watching, tis enough to turn him on, and they next are in bed, commenting on preferring this exercise to a run. I think they go a second round, she has to now get back to her place, shower, change clothes, work.

At the hospital , Chad appears, chats with Jordan, is there for a board meeting. He apologizes to Jordan for not being as understanding as he could have been about Clyde, she mentions Kate bringing Clyde to Salem. Rafe is just coming in, hears, and says WHAT? Chad gets indignant, private conversation, but Rafe is there on business, Jordan has to sign paperwork for the court about an abuse victim. Chad leaves for his board meeting, Jordan signs the paperwork, gets into a conversation about Clyde, tells Rafe how Kate hired a private detective to dig up dirt on her, found Clyde, brought him to Salem to make her life miserable all over again. And now she is in bed with him. Rafe leaves. Later, Chad appears, board meeting over, spots Abby, (and Abigail finally looks like a professional with a nice blouse and skirt on) tells her that some idea she had worked really well, board was impressed. Abby notes it was Jordan's idea, not hers. Ben comes in on that ever present coffee run, see them, ignores Chad, who quickly leaves. Abby says hi, will see him later. He grins, maybe we can go on another run. LOL

Kate & Clyde are dining at the Pub, she wonders what it was he planned to do with his excess funds, if not a house. He claims he doesn't need a mansion, figures maybe he would make a donation to a charity. She smiles, talks about how a donation gets him a lot of good will, which then helps him perhaps expand his business. Smiles all around, she has been there, done that. She gets a text, has to leave.

At DIMansion, Kate walks in to a waiting Rafe, who doesn't hesitate to get right to the point. She brought Clyde to Salem, to harrass Jordan. Kate makes all kinds of excuses, finally admitting how she felt Rafe in his coma, Bernardi's mission, was all Stefano's doing, her fault. She worried that any therapist might be in Stefano's pocket, so had Kayla hire Jordan from outside, with Kate paying for it. Rafe catches on right away that she thought Jordan would be a man. Kate is near tears, her voice cracking as she goes on and on about no background on Jordan, the Private Eye, and finally the break about Clyde. Yes she brought him to Salem. Rafe wonders why, saying she was jealous. Kate claims no, after all, she broke it off with him. But Rafe has her number all the way, even comments about how she now has crawled into Clyde's bed. (loved all this).

Meanwhile, Ben is confronting Clyde about lying to him & Jordan. That it was Kate who told him where they were. Clyde does his usual "my kids mean everything, and after years I finally found them" bit. He again claims to be turning over a new leaf, yada, yada.

And, over in Horton Square, Aiden & Hope are setting up the table for the St. Luke's Food Bank, with Theo & Chase carrying groceries in from the car. Theresa spots Hope & Aiden light hearted conversation, makes a crack about Uncle Bo not being a passing thought. She is joking, tells Hope when a man deserts a woman, she should move on. They talk a bit, Theresa upset that everyone knows about her & Brady, but Hope is very nice, knowing it must have been hard on her. Theresa says that home test guaranteed 99% correct results, so she doesn't know what went wrong. She leaves.
Chase is bored, as they pack bags, boxes, Aiden claims it is not boring to help those in need. He mentions, "when I was your age", Chase starts yakking how he knows, he was poor, and had nothing to eat, etc. Aiden sends Theo & Chase off to do something, Aiden tells Hope that yes, he did not have it easy in his childhood. She comments that now he is a successful lawyer, etc. Hope notes Chase & Theo not returning, goes to find them. They are sitting on a bench, with Theo talking of having been to Chase's home, they are not poor. No, not any more, but it was my mom who was rich. We got the money after she died, my dad doesn't like me to talk about it. Hope is behind them, hears. She asks Chase what he means, he says his mom always used to say his dad did not have a dime when she married him.
Back in Horton Square, Aiden continues to pass out boxes of food to people, when a homeless woman, elderly, with a shopping cart comes along, wanting real cranberry sauce. Aiden has it, along with creamed corn, joking it is a set, she has to take both. She looks at him.......I know you. Aiden just smiles. But she continues on. I do know you, and I know what you did. Bad thing.

Absolutely amazing.....Jen not only was wearing another sleeveless, v neck dress, but she appears to have been spray tanned as well. So...wonder if Abby & Ben were planning on running around a gym track, because she sure was not dressed for winter. And neither was Ben when he came into the hospital on the "coffee run".
Yep, last year was bad, but it is really buggin me this year how NOT dressed for winter everyone is dressed.

Poirot--Jennifer must've taken a tropical vacation before returning to Salem, or got so red with rage at Daniel that she got a tan from it, or Daniel just rubbed off on her and she inherited his orange glow. :rotfl:

Seriously though, other than the Kate reveal to Rafe, this show was boring. Too much Eve/Paige/JJ/Theresa as well as Jordan/Ben.

I can't stand how the writers are trying so hard to make Hope have doubts in Aiden. Seems obvious to me that "what he did" was nothing bad, will be another misunderstanding, etc etc. This is tedious and stupid, just like everything that happened with JJ & Paige, pre-Eve romp.

For inheriting his wife's money? Or for the thing the old lady said? Because we still don't know what it is she will say; for all we know, she might think he really DID kill his wife. We'll have to wait and see.

I just have this feeling he isn't the nice guy everyone thinks he is... All this stuff keeps coming out and none of it was from Aiden.

For all we know, that homeless lady may mean he got someone off (not guilty) that she thought should go to jail, or he might have refused a case somewhere. I doubt what she said has anything to do with his wife, or his previous life in Washington.

Is anyone else tired of the constant Ben-Abby romps?
For sure. Towel boy Ben and the insatiable Abigail are preferable to the nauseating sight of Kate and creepy Clyde between the sheets, but all the same, they getting very old, very fast. Speaking of the Poplar Bluff pervert, he must not know Kate if he says that she has good intentions. Who else in Salem would say such a thing? Certainly not Sami during the run-up to the "green wedding" debacle or Chloe after eating the magic brownies. Finally, the writers missed a chance at humor today when they failed to include Jeremiah in the food bank line. His presence would have been proof positive that not only is Clyde a total creep, but that he also doesn't pay very well.

Okay, I think I figured out what the deal is with the constant Ben and Abigail romps: I think the idea is the more we see see them go at it the more we're supposed to believe they're soul mates and are meant for each other. Why else would they insist on showing it so much. Because the more they hit us over the head with it the more they think they can beat us into submission until we finally all declare: "Ben and Abigail are the greatest couple since the invention of Television!" or something.

For me personally it's having the opposite effect: it tells me that Ben and Abigail are purely just about the physical and sexual attraction and that's it. And if they want to go there that's okay; I mean that happens all the time in real life. But I just don't think that makes for interesting story telling or for a couple that has long term viability or much in the way of rooting value in my opinion.

The best part of the show-which I thought was good overall was definitely Kate and Rafe. The sad part for me was I actually think that Kate did have good intentions and Rafe's interests at heart when she started investigating Jordan but she let her jealousy get the better of her and it became a vendetta and now she has brought a giant pox upon the fair town of Salem. How's that for a turn of phrase I rather liked it if I do say so myself which by the way I do. :)

I still don't know where I stand on Aidan. But I have a feeling this old lady will turn out be a red herring. I'm at the point now where I'm getting the feeling that they are trying too hard to make Aidan look guilty of something. I've watched enough episodes of "Murder She Wrote" to know that when a show does that usually the person who has all the evidence piled against them usually turns out not to be the culprit. That doesn't mean that's the case here but it's something to keep in mind.

I believe that Hope said Chase's friend was named Owen and at the end he mentioned that his mom had arrived to pick him up. If that's the case it wasn't Theo although I definitely could see the resemblance.

Thanks, Troy. I just went to watch a couple of clips of the end, and heard him say that. Originally, I thought the actor perhaps had made a mistake. In fact, I looked up pictures of Terrell Ransom who play Theo, and there were some with his hair like that, definite looking alike. LOL.
I could not find credits anywhere which is what I was looking for, as credits at the end will state an actor's name.

For the record at another site I happened to come across the guest credts for the show this week and found that Chase's friend's name was Owen and the actor who played him is Jaden Bettis. So that should help clear up any confusion on whether it was Theo or not. :)

Thanks to Jason47 for posting the cast.

The most interesting part of the show was why Ciara wasn't there to help
at the food drive. She's playing a king in the Christmas pageant. I thought
that was funny.

I wonder how people qualify for food at the Food Giveaway since it
was in a public area. Were only certain people told where
it was or can anyone just walk up and get a box?

I enjoyed Rafe and Kate's conversation. I'm glad he's know the
truth what Kate did. Was she really afraid Jordan was someone
Stefano knew?

How long will Paige and Eve be gone? I think Kim said Shane was
in hospital just for some tests.

The whole Shane thing is very odd. Were they taking their entire wardrobe with them? There were clothes all over that apartment. Geez! And I don't need to see Kassie Depaiva (Eve) packing bras. :rolleyes:

I also thought the food distribution was odd. Shouldn't that be done at a food bank or church or something? When I saw them at HTS, thought they were COLLECTING the food but that would make too much sense.

I'm wondering if Abigail is going to get pregnant just in time for Ben to completely lose control?

It's about time for Rafe and Kate but I hate that this wasn't done at least 6 months ago. And I also hated the way Jordan treated Rafe. She had a good point but I thought her behavior was also unwarranted. And I have a feeling Rafe is going to end up saving her from Chad.

And if they WERE distributing, They certainly had plenty of store fronts to use, as THAT is where they should have been. If St. Luke's has a food bank, distribution would be there at the church, perhaps that big hall where they had the cookie sale.

Back