Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Jan. 12, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, January 12, 2017

Brady sits at Chloe's bedside, talking to her, saying that Nicole needs to know Holly is hers, it isn't fair to deny Daniel & Nicole' baby to her. He keeps telling her she has to wake up, his voice getting louder, Nancy comes in, scolds him, telling him to leave, following him out. They argue, he says he was only trying to get her to wake up, Parker needs her, etc. Nancy says she is taking him off the visitor list, will keep him informed, but he can no longer see her. She returns to the room, as Brady slumps outside the window, but Nancy is also telling her daughter she needs to wake up, it isn't right to keep Nicole's baby from her.

Dario & Eduardo are in a deserted Club TBD, talking over the loss of the hard drive.He explains how he thinks it was probably Kate, Dario is ticked off, they are arguing a bit, Gabi walks in, overhears, gets upset. They try to deny any shady activity, but she is on to them, though has no idea,except they stole something from Chad & Kate. Dario is angry, he leaves, Eduardo tries to smooth things over with Gabi, promising all will be fine. She thought they were legit, doesn't sound like it, he explains they were, this just fell into his lap. She doesn't want to hear any more, gets up, storms out.

Lt. Raines is explaining to JJ about the docks, something going on, and he wants JJ to investigate, this is his first case. JJ is a bit reluctant, but Raines insists. Later, JJ calls Gabi, meets with her, tells her that her brother & father are heading for big trouble, she feigns no knowledge. He lets her know she could get caught in this all as well, advising her to distance herself from the two men. She doesn't take this well at all.

Dario calls, then meets up with Andre', pulls a gun, wants the hard drive back. Andre knew nothing about anything being stolen, but sure does now. Dario is determined, puts the gun at Andre's throat, but one of Andre's goon/bodyguards comes out, forcing Dario to put his gun away. Andre snickers, telling Dario that next time he decides to go into deep waters, better know what is underneath first.

Victor & Maggie are playing Scrabble, as she comments on the new white sofa, end tables, etc. does Vic like them. Deimos & Nicole arrive to make their big announcement, Maggie is thrilled, Vic notes she will be a Kiriakis again, she says yes, but this time for keeps. She asks Maggie if she will go with her to tell the staff, cannot wait to see Henderson's face. They go out...(Is Maggie, a woman in her 70s, really wearing 6" spike heels to just sit around the house?) They go out, Deimos notes Vic has not said much. Vic replies that he has learned if you can't say something nice, just shut up. Deimos pour them each what looks like an O.J. drink, sits on the sofa (and I was envisioning a spill on that white, white sofa, lol) tells Vic about something that fell into his lap, explains about Sonny seeing Dario tearing the lining from a purse, microchip, had his men checking thing, all were put on a hard drive, Deimos has it, is unable to decode, but is now going to sit back, watch the fireworks.

Nicole & Maggie are returning, but are in the hall, talking of new loves, Deimos, Daniel of course, yada, yada. Maggie is glad Nicole found new happiness, knows Daniel will always be in her heart, as he is in Maggie's. Nicole says Deimos won't replace Daniel there, Maggie notes that Victor never replaced Mickey in her heart either. Yep, the K men are not saints, so Nicole with Deimos, no different than Maggie with Victor. (gee, Maggie used to be Nicole's prospective mother-in-law, but now is prospective sister-in-law. LOL)

Brady comes in, has heard all, congratulates Nicole, but doesn't really look all that happy for her, tho he says he is. Maggie goes to see about brunch, Deimos comes out, kissing, and lovey dovey stuff. Nicole wants to go tell Chloe, leaves.

Brady tells Deimos what happened with Nancy, being banned now. Deimos is not going to let anyone stand in the way of Nicole's happiness.

Dario goes to see Kate, accuses her of stealing the hard drive, but she denies it. She could not do that to Eddie, tho she thought about it. They realize who probably did it. Later on, in that lush green park, where Andre claimed it was soooo cold, Eduardo meets up Kate. He is angry, trusted her, she betrayed him. She denies this, they have a few words, Kate gets very angry, she tried to do good by him, she is done, has had it, and she is done with him completely. She rushes off.

Brady is flashing back to his conversation with Nicole, being happy for her. Says aloud he is glad she is happy, so why is something bothering him. Why is he feeling this way?

Nicole is at Chloe's bedside, holding her hand, telling her of being engaged to Deimos, then goes on about Holly, delivering her, caring about her, Nancy not allowing her to see the baby, keeping her away. Maybe Nancy is right, maybe it is for the best. She tells Chloe she really needs to wake up, Holly needs her mother. Nicole leaves.

Chloe's eyes suddenly open wide..

All the finger-pointing today involving Andre, Dario, Deimos, Eduardo, and Kate brought to mind the old Thomas Nast cartoon about the New York City Tweed Ring.

33cc2a3fdd76088ad0210c8123337081.jpg

As for Chloe awakening from her coma, the ways her eyes popped open, she looked like the Bride of Frankenstein suddenly coming to life.

I have a question, if you're a police detective and you're questioning a suspect, would you want the suspect to look at you and think "Gee, I just want to fix this guy a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a tall glass of chocolate milk?" Because when I look at JJ working as a lead detective, that's what I can't help thinking LOL.

I like JJ and I like Casey Moss who plays him but aesthetically this just isn't working for me. I'm reminded of a quote I read from Winona Ryder years ago where she said "People keep asking me why I keep playing teenagers. Well, I'm nineteen what do you want me to play, a judge?" Meaning that she was playing characters that fit her age and experience level in life. Here I think they are pushing the character into a role he just isn't ready for. Maybe if he were working alongside an older more experienced detective I could buy it more but this is just a hard sell in my so very humble opinion.

All that aside I did enjoy him looking out for Gabi however. :love:

Call me crazy but I am enjoying the microchip saga. I don't find the micorchips anymore of a compelling MacGuffin (the thing in a story everyone seems to care about) than say an elephant statue, but I do enjoy the mix of characters being pulled into the story. If we could just a scene of members of each faction walking through the HTS snapping their fingers (think the opening scene of West Side Story) I would let out such a squeal of jubilation that it would be heard for miles around. LOL

Dario and Andre: You know that Andre was just thinking "Oh they are so cute at that age" when Dario jammed the gun into his gut. LOL

Eduardo and Gabi: Loved their scenes I wish we had more of them.

Andre and Deimos: Girls, girls, you're both pretty!!

I thought today's show was pretty much a snooze fest for me.

I know Deimos is a narcissist and all but if he "truly" loved Nicole and wanted "desperately" for Nicole to have her baby and knowing that Chloe isn't telling Nicole about the baby because of him, he'd back off and leave her alone. Okay, I know I'm thinking realistically here and in the soap world that would never happen.

I also find it seriously hard to see JJ as a detective considering he barely graduated from the police academy a few months ago. I'm no expert but doesn't it take a few years under your belt and taking a test to become a detective? But then again, I guess in Salem anything goes.

Thanks, Poirot.

I'm glad Nicole gave Chloe her wake up kiss. Or maybe it was Brady
yelling at her that wake up her?

I wonder if Henderson bought a case of bleach because the new couch is white? :)
Or maybe Maggie will put a sign on it, no hanky panky allowed.

It was funny when Maggie spelled grump because Victor is grumpy. Nice to hear her
say
Mickey.

I was surprised when we found Deimos had the hard drive stolen with the
microchip information.
I guess Eduardo forgot you should always back up your computer files.

Is Brady feeling bad about Nicole's engagement because he has Daniel's heart?

When Brady was clutching his heart and acting pained, I took that to mean Daniel roared to life inside him again and I'm expecting to see Brady having dreams of saving Nicole. Nicole will be crying, sitting on benchie and then get up and run barefoot into the deep deep, nonexistent snow. Brady, on the snowmobile he used in Chicago, will zoom into our screens and save Nicole. They will be in love, until Friday. :sick::sick::sarcasm::tsk:

Please, please let me be totally off base.

I do believe the people of Salem have no peripheral vision whatsoever. I kept waiting for Nicole, and especially Maggie, to see Brady standing there in the doorway, when they were all teary eyed and hugging over Nicole marrying Deimos, yet still remembering Daniel. Brady opened the door and stood there for the longest time. Maggie was practically looking right at him.

Another snooze fest today. I don't know, honestly in my humble opinion, Days has had a very lame start in 2017. They are wasting the excellent talent of the actors who portray Chloe, Nicole, Deimos, and Brady with this absolutely dreadful storyline. The only good thing about today's episode was Nancy Wesley. That's it.

Honestly, have no idea why Days' stories are crawling at a snail's pace, or why they would have a Friday episode be so bland. Yes, I know this is the Thursday thread, but things are not moving at all, it seems.

Thanks for the summary.

I actually didn't mind the show. Granted, I couldn't care less about the thing with the microchips, and I know the baby storyline is moving at a snail's pace, but I did like all the interactions today between everyone.

Back