Days of Our Lives - Thurs., July 10, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sami Brady DiMera has a field day today, as she sticks it to EJ, and then has a bit of fun with Abby. And Eve has a field day as well, as she sticks it to Jennifer. While she is happy about Jen agreeing to the 50/50 split, Eve is not stopping there. She is unhappy with the movie rights deal, thinks they should get more, at least One million dollars, which is what she thinks the deal is worth. And if Jen doesn't try to get it, then Eve will sue her for the additional monies she would have gotten. Jen is furious, feels Eve is still holding a grudge 25 years later over some guy taking Jen to the prom instead of Eve. They are shouting at each other, Jen orders Eve out of her house, JJ has just come home, so hears some of this. After Eve is gone, JJ vows to help his mom go thru this, despite her protestations. She has to get out of the house, go for a walk, cool off. He follows. In the park, Jen is is a bit calmer at last, and ready to go home. JJ wants to get hold of Paige, so Jen goes home alone.

Earlier, Bev approaches JJ as he works his community service in the square, figures he & Paige are over, wants to know if she might still have a chance with him. JJ lets her know he & Paige are fine, despite what MaryBeth thinks, or what Bev saw go on between Jen & Eve.

And Eve is at home, telling Paige all about terrible Jen, but really wants to talk about that bad guy, JJ Deveraux, the drug user, but Paige protests, explaining again he doesn't do that anymore, it was a long time ago.Eve now wonders if JJ told Paige how he nearly sent Aunt Theresa to jail. Paige cannot believe that, but Eve claims that though Theresa was rather vague,. she believes it did happen. Later, JJ calls Paige, she mentions this, he says it is not the way it sounds, but that angers Paige and she hangs up on him. When Eve comes out, looking for paige, she is gone, there is pounding on the door, it is JJ. Eve tries to slam the door, Paige is not here. Nope, he came to see Eve.

In Vegas a very very drunken Brady is throwing money at the roulette wheel, losing his shirt, despite Theresa's efforts to get him to stop. She mentions he has lost more money this morning than she makes in a year, he says she needs a raise, taking out his wad of bills, throwing more on the table. He is really falling down drunk, not making any sense, refusing to leave, and then collapses, passing out. Security arrives, Theresa wants to get him to the airport, the agent says no airline would let him fly like this. Oh, they have a private jet, just get her a limo to the airport. Later, aboard the plane, Brady is out like a light, the pilot announces they are descending, fasten seat belts. Theresa fastens Brady's, then grabs his hand, kiss it, holding it so we all see, plain as day, the gold wedding band on his 3rd finger, left hand.

Ben is talking to Abby at the club, knows where she went when she left so suddenly, figures to check on Sami. Abby doesn't deny it, or confirm it either. He asks how she is doing, Abby tells of the board meeting where Sami is filling in for EJ. Poor Sami, a new bride, her husband in jail. Ben says he wants to talk more with Abby, but has to work now, but will see her later, he has something important to tell her. She has been so honest with him, he wants to be honest with her.

Hope & Aiden are going over their check list for the gala, have all their auction items, as Victor brings in a vase, complaining that Brady was supposed to, and instead, he has to do everything himself. He introduces himself to Aiden, who mentions having met Brady, and perhaps things did not go so well. Hope notes Brady was under the weather. Vic leaves, Father Louis comes in with a huge problem, claiming the Sisters of St. Augustine did not get their tickets, or something. But Hope & Aiden were already on it, all done. He leaves, Hope & Aiden talk of getting ready, she has to do hair, makeup, dress, shoes, get Ciara ready. Aiden laughs he only has to slip into a tux. Later, Aiden returns, looking dashing in his tux. He checks on one of the auction items, turns, and Hope has come in the door, looking absolutely stunning, in a gorgeous purple dress, her hair up. Beautiful!

And so, over to the jail where Sami is having the time of her life, letting EJ squirm in the knowledge that she knows all about his fling with Abigail Deveraux. He says it was only one time, wants her to put it behind them.Sami won't, he throws out that she pushed him out of her bed. Oh, so now it is my fault.?? Yes, you slept in another bedroom, but I remained faithful to our love, wanted to work out the problem which was you knowing all about Kristen and what she was doing. EJ retracts, no, not your fault, I am sorry.
But she grinds out how she has known of this for weeks and weeks and weeks, mentioning the shower, wondering if they were all soapy and slithering, and then, adopting a bit of a British accent, she imitates what EJ might have said about the interruption when Sami came back early. Wait here, I will get rid of her, just will tell her I love her, all will be fine. Did you think I would not notice how distracted you were that day. EJ tries to say he is sorry, not to forget their family, their children. But Sami snarls that she vowed that once they were married, he was going to pay, and just look....she is now CEO of DiMera Enterprises, and he is in jail for tax evasion. And this is only the beginning. She is not done yet. She leaves.

Victor comes to see Daniel to get his check for the gala tonight. Daniel cannot be there, but wanted to show support. Victor now gets on his case about the breakup with Jennifer, more or less telling him to get over himself. So Jen doesn't think he is perfect, no one is. Victor says he is old, and Daniel will be there himself. Don't lose out on happiness when it is staring you in the face. He leaves. Daniel gets a call from Chloe whose mom has to have some sort of surgery. Daniel will meet her at the airport, talks about packing up Parker's things.

EJ sits, hitting his head against the wall, how he could not have seen this coming. Should have seen it. He starts throwing everything around in his cell, table, food tray, the mattress off the bed, raging. Then he sinks to his knees, sobbing.

Abby answers the door at her home, finding a smiling Sami at the door. She just wanted some company, wanted to do something, so brought wedding pictures for them to look at. They sit on the sofa, looking at different pictures. Jennifer returns, is happy to see Sami, asks what they are doing, and she'd love to see the pictures, too. She sits down, and Sami flips thru a couple, with Jen saying how beautiful Abby looked in her dress, and Sami agreeing, how young and beautiful she is. (she is using her tablet). She flips to another pic, saying "look at this one". And there is that photograph of EJ & Abby, we have seen so many times. (Priceless! ) Cue the shocked looks on Jen & Abby.

Once a liar always a liar and that describes Elvis DiMera. But it's Sami fault for kicking him out of her bed, never a DiMera fault, no matter what the crime. He needs to re-visit a math class; he told Sami that he and Abby only did the deed once, but I remember 3 times, cabin, closet and shower. Keep digging junior, sooner then later you will reach hell. I think Sami is handling the situation rather well, seeing she has known for weeks, glad the "get even" Sami is back missed her.

Please, please give Eve the money so she can leave Salem and my screen.

Almost hurled when I saw Brady's/Theresa wedding rings, although Theresa's was beautiful, can't wait for Victor to find out! Theresa may find out that Brady may become broke, if grandpa Victor disowns Brady!

I enjoyed Victor today giving his two cents to everyone!

Poor Abby.... she didn't see this train wreck coming! Nor did Jennifer........ Eve and Sami on the same plate, I almost feel sorry her Jen!

Sami is really on a roll. I figured she would call Abigail out at the gala though. Better that it didn't happen that way, as that apparently would have opened the door for a Daniel/Jennifer opportunity and who wants that?

Also, how convenient Ben is going to be honest with Abigail so quickly, when it's taken Jordan a year to even consider telling Rafe anything. It's strange to me how back and forth those two are.

At one point, when Brady throws the money down, he says "give me some more chips", but usually you get those elsewhere, don't you?

I gotta say, at the end, when Sami flips to the next pic, saying "look at this one", I starting laughing out loud.

And I will also say that I really liked Kassie dePaiva when she played on Guiding Light as Chelsea Reardon, and I have been trying to like the portrayal of the sneaky manipulator, Eve. But I don't like the story as written, so, have to agree, I think Eve needs to have her surgery right away, and get back on the road, singing.

Wow what an episode! :clap::clap::clap:

I'm trying to decide which got me more upset: Eve using Theresa to get between JJ and Paige or Victor's ridiculous advice to Daniel. Why in the world should anybody be with someone who thinks the worst of them and triggers self-doubt? Ugh, my respect for Victor went down by about 20 points with that scene. And wasn't it this time last year that Victor was telling Nicole the only good thing he could say about her was her being Daniel's roommate meant Daniel wouldn't make the mistake of going back to Jen? Also, since when does Maggie listen quietly and not tell people what to do?:rotfl:

Sami sure had a crazy look in her eye today. Some great acting there. Could have done without seeing EJ trash his cell. Where was that guard that stopped JJ from doing the same thing after the town square incident?

I think Jen had the worst day ever. I thought her scene with JJ in the park was hilarious. I would have loved for someone to walk by just then.

I really wish Daniel had found out more of what was going on from Paige. I miss his scenes with JJ. I wish JJ would take him up on his offer to continue a friendship regardless of what's going on with Daniel and Jen.

Oh my stars! (As Marlena would say :)) Sami was made of so much win today, I think I had a permanent grin on my face while watching the show. They have given her some great dialogue and Alison Sweeney ( Sami ) is delivering!!! :clap: Her line about Abigail calling out to God that she'd be there soon had me rolling! :rotfl:And EJ, what a toad. Trying to lie his way out of it, then pleading with her like a little baby, not to mention that tantrum at the end. This is sooooooo much better than how his idiotic fantasy/nightmare turned out. Once again I can't wait to see what happens next with Sami, Abigail, and Jennifer. Good stuff.

One thing I'm a little confused about is the timing of when exactly Sami figured all this out. I know she mentioned reviewing the security tapes from that day EJ and Abigail had shower sex but was it that day or much later that she thought back and remembered that day and put the pieces together? I just can't believe she knew then. That was 5 months ago and about the time she "allowed" him back in her bed and they set a wedding date. Plus, how did she get a hold of that photo? Maybe she found the one EJ had. :confused:

I'm guessing at some point, she got her own set of cabin hanky-panky photos, went to Kate and started brewing her cauldron of revenge. And while planning everything, she started reviewing every footstep EJ took in the past several months, which led her to the security footage.

That makes sense, JS. I thought I remember Lauren Koslow (Kate) saying something recently in an interview that it all started around Arianna's birthday party. That seems plausible since that was about 6+ weeks ago. Plenty of time for them to plot their revenge.

I was wondering that too Sparkster. I don't think Sami could have just sat on the info for 5 months, Kate or no Kate. I wonder if she knew when Abby had the pregnancy scare? All those comments about how the guy who did it to Abby was a real jerk might have been directed at EJ.

On another note, anybody think Theresa could have just bought gold bands and is planning to tell Brady they got married when they didn't? Either plan seems just as likely when it comes to her.

Remember at Ari's party when Sami acted totally ticked off about Kate wearing a necklace from Stefano, started to get catty and then asked Kate to step outside with her to continue, as not to disrupt the baby's party? Makes total sense now.

Back