Days of Our Lives - Thurs., July 10, 2014

Sami & Kate made their plans, started getting their ducks in a row, and then Sami began...Let's get married right away. And thus the plan was in motion. But first was all the tax evasion evidence being gathered. Then the need to be married before the board meeting, but making sure EJ was in jail, etc.

Gotta say, I just hope that she continues to keep the backbone she is shown to have. Stay the road she is on. It's a good one.

And just WHY has Victor not fired Brady already?!?! He is aware of Brady's drug and alcohol abuse and should be very concerned about his company and what things Brady could be doing that are detrimental to his business while under the influence. Victor is an idiot for allowing Brady to continue working under these conditions. The same man who spirited Brady away to rehab is just sitting by now while Brady could be costing his company money. Oh sure he grumbles a lot but doesn't seem in any hurry to oust Brady from Titan.

If EJ wasn't a lying cheater, he wouldn't have to grovel so much. At this point, EJ is a serial cheater, and he always will be. If EJ doesn't get everything his way all the time, he cheats. Sami and Nicole are well rid of him, and I hope Sami stays the course. If the writers wimp out, and put Sami back with EJ, my rage will know no bounds.

The only person in Salem dumber than EJ is Brady. However, EJ is still more pathetic than Brady, and Brady definitely has better hair.

Anything that brings Elvis to his knees is must see for me! As Sami appropriately put it that "its going to get much worse for him!:clap: I feel for Abby but Jennifer needs to be knocked down a peg or two. How convenient that she NOW cares to do what "Jack would have wanted" but didn't give two figs about him when he was alive.

I got honest-to-goodness chills from Sami's scenes today. It's been years since I've loved Sami this much. Redemption.

EJ had some great scenes too - too much to hope he'll hang himself in his cell?

I missed the ring on Brady's finger. But I'm not surprised about the drunken wedding.

Daniel - ick. And thanks, Days, for playing Eve's moantheme during his scene with Paige, as if it weren't creepy enough.

A nice Bev scene. Thank you. Let's flesh this character out a little more. We sure could use a few more teens on the scene for that though. But since the teens (for the most part) are acting more maturely than the adults, I could live with that.

Jen & Eve - Yuck.

Hope & Aiden - fun. I'm glad I no longer cringe at their scenes but I'm tired of this gala. Hopefully it's over soon.

Victor propping Dan/Jenn -
no no no.gif

And why does everyone think Maggie is this quiet little lady all of a sudden?

Eve is greedy and bad, we get it. Jenn is an angel, we get it. Dan & Jenn are perfect, fine. OY this will be a long summer I fear...LOL.

Great cliffhanger!! But I'm not looking forward to JJ being disrespectful to his girlfriend's mother (or any adult in general) and I'm not buying this teen-adult mix.

But I don't like the story as written, so, have to agree, I think Eve needs to have her surgery right away, and get back on the road, singing.
I agree. I hate that Eve is being used as angst for Dan/Jen and for Paige/JJ. BORING. And did I miss a scene or did JENN go to their past issues first today? Didn't care enough to rewatch - LOL.

Ugh, my respect for Victor went down by about 20 points with that scene.
Also, since when does Maggie listen quietly and not tell people what to do?
I KNOW, RIGHT!?! My head nearly exploded at this - they said something similar the other day in reference to Maggie. It's like the writers have forgotten what she is. LOLOL

One thing I'm a little confused about is the timing of when exactly Sami figured all this out.
Me too - it's fun to guess but I'm hoping the writers deliver as well. I kinda fear that this whole arc is a redirect and was hastily put together - there's no way I can believe she's known since before the Will/Sonny wedding. I want answers!!

And just WHY has Victor not fired Brady already?!?!
I am beginning to suspect this is a Stefano-made clone. He's just not acting very Victor-like these past few months, except for when he fired Kate. :confused:

Depends on when Sami found out about EJ and Abby having sex. She may have innocently asked Abby to teach her about art, not yet knowing about the cabin hanky-panky.
I'm reasonably sure she didn't know back then - but she found out at some point (around Arianna's b-day party when they were off-screen in the hallway) after the art lessons had started. It would be a huge suspension of disbelief if she has been plotting this for more than 3 months. (Unless the writers do something with new flashbacks like they did to explain Gabi's suddenly knowing about Nick's sleazery. I might like that.)

If the writers wimp out, and put Sami back with EJ, my rage will know no bounds.
SnowFox For The Win. I agree - I'm hoping this is the final nail in the coffin for their relationship. And then the coffin is burned, and the ashes are eaten by a goat, and the goat is shot into space.

I feel for Abby but Jennifer needs to be knocked down a peg or two. How convenient that she NOW cares to do what "Jack would have wanted" but didn't give two figs about him when he was alive.
I'd rather see Abby spearheading the lawsuit against Eve. (I get a little :sick: everytime Jen blathers on about Jack's wishes.) But then we wouldn't have the wonder of Eve & Jenn coming between Paige-eo & JJ-liet. :rolleyes:

It was certainly a bad day for fans of the "golden couple." If it was possible to pity EJ, today would have been the day. The old Sami is back and is she ever bad. If Elvis can ever stop weeping and get off his knees, he ought call his lawyer and see about getting an annulment. Any woman who takes her wedding vows intending only to ruin her new husband certainly doesn't have the state of mind required for entering into a valid marriage. Another Salemite who should see a lawyer is Ms. Priss if she can get over the shock of seeing the picture of her perfect daughter canoodling with EJ. Instead of ranting at Eve and claiming that her conduct is all about high school events, she ought to call Aiden and arrange to crush the newest Salem witch in court. Eve may think whatever shyster hack she hired is the cat's meow, but any lawyer who could outfox Salem's domino king would surely crush him and his greedy client in court. As for the new Mr. and Mrs. Black, the less said the better. Finally, it was nice of Victor to donate his vase. Perhaps, Dr. Baker should consider donating the DiMera vase that Nicole used to pay him off when he was blackmailing her.

Sami today reminded me of why I never liked her until she had the green wedding with Lucas. Then I stopped liking her again when she divorced Lucas to marry EJ and didn't like her again until she was with Rafe. I haven't liked her for the last year and a half but now I really don't like her. As I said yesterday, I think this is a bit over the top. All this for cheating after everything else he has done? I was disappointed nothing else was mentioned. I get she is scorned and hurt and angry but to tell EJ that she is now dedicating herself to making his life miserable? She has 4 kids and a granddaughter and is supposedly a smart, career woman? This will only come back to hurt Sami in the end. And sadly, I don't put it past these writers to have Sami forgive and forget in 2-3 months.

As for James Scott(EJ), I thought his final scene was AMAZING and should be part of his Emmy reel next year. As I said on twitter, Bravo!

I too agree that Sami has not known about this for very long. I say 2 months tops.

Jeannie Theresa and Brady: No surprise or suspense there. I did like her ring though.

Add me to the list of people who want to see Eve leave Salem ASAP.

Is there really a need for both Bev and Mary Beth?

Hope and Aiden :love::love::love:

LOVED Victor today! Daniel is going to feel guilty about not being there for Jen now that both Eve and Sami attacked her family in the same day. I predict they will be reconciled within a week. Let's just hope he takes Victor's advice and either marries or proposes this time around so that we can move on from the break up/make up nonsense once and for all.

I do hope Jen kicks Sami out very quickly tomorrow just like she did with Eve today. Sami has already gotten her revenge on EJ. Confront Abigail and move on.

2 funniest parts of the show:
1. Victor's comment about people in Hong Kong not sleeping
2. JJ's comment to Jen in the park about doing her yoga and then he did a namaste pose!
:rotfl:

Great show overall. Lots of action. Felt like the 90s again.

I'm mortified by this Vegas set. An office at the church with those hideous brown walls redressed with paintings from the coffehouse, a gold satin curtain, and ONE roulette table. How is it that DAYS is not the joke of the soap opera set world?

Poor Jen Jen. First she had the heated argument with Eve. Then she saw the
picture with EJ and Abby.

Darn, we heard THAT theme song with Paige and Daniel.

Loved snarky Victor.

Is Brady and Theresa married or did Theresa fake it? If they are married was
it done by and Elvis impersonator :) I wondered if they are married because
I saw the movie "Laws of Attraction" over the weekend.

Great stuff with EJ and Sami. I laughed a lot when when Sami was telling
EJ about them being in the shower "soapy and slip sliding around". Then
she talked about the "arriving" :rotfl:

James Scott (EJ) did a wonderful job with his character. You could see EJ's pain
when Sami was talking to him. He tried so hard to plead his case. After she left,
his anger got the best of them. Then he cried. Bravo, Bravo.

So, this gala, are there only 3 people attending or will only one person be allowed in at a time because surely no more than 5 people are going to squeeze into that small hotel room.

Abigail: Is EJ still....
Sami: Yeah, locked up, like a common criminal :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Back