Days of Our Lives - Thurs., July 28, 2016

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Good episode but again very narrowly focused. Jeannie T having a nightmare. She wakes up suddenly. Summer is pacing in her hotel room. They are tailing her and she thinks she will never escape.

Doctor Hochman and Deimos are at the KMansion. Surgery arrangements have been made. He just needs a signed consent form. Doc thinks Victor will wonder why he changed his mind to do the surgery when Victor already offered him a blank check. Doc wants to know why Deimos is resorting to blackmail to help Victor’s wife since he hates Victor so much. Deimos doesn’t owe the Doc an explanation. He wants her “fixed” because it’s the right thing to do. Deimos tells Doc he will make her walk again or he will air the dirty laundry for the whole world. They head off to see Victor and Maggie.

Victor, Maggie, Sonny, and Justin are at the KTownhouse. Sonny surprised them by coming home. Adrienne knocks at the door. She is excited to see him. Sonny had to take care of a few things in Paris. He came back because of Uncle Victor and Maggie?! Justin brings out tea. Sonny was working in real estate in Paris. That’s what held him back. Deal closed and he hands Victor a check. He sold the Club and building Victor bought him in Paris. He held out and sold it for asking price even though Victor really wanted him to have it. This is Sonny’s way of repaying Victor and Maggie for all they have done for him. Victor and Sonny hug.

Deimos is now at the door. He says you must be Jackson, my grandnephew, to Sonny. He says everyone calls him Sonny. Deimos says to Adrienne she must be the beautiful mother he heard so much about. She tells him to cut the crap. Enter the Doc. Vic doesn’t believe it. Deimos says he has reconsidered. Vic says he tried everything to get him to take Maggie’s case. Doc says Deimos bent over backwards to get him to take the case. Victor bets he did. Maggie chimes in about Dr. Hochman’s international reputation, thinks there is no downside. Victor agrees. Everyone leaves Victor and Maggie alone. Deimos eavesdrops outside the open front door. She knows Victor thinks Deimos is trying to back him into a corner. He says it’s survival instinct. She says it’s not a strange doctor, Victor already met with him and said he was the best.

Everyone comes back. Justin encourages Victor as well. Victor tells Deimos he wants Maggie to be Maggie again and everything stolen from her to be restored. Sonny says if he is serious about making it up to Victor, he would return Titan and the money he extorted. Deimos will not be upset Sonny just stole his thunder. He wants Victor to be Victor again. Wants to discuss how they can be whole again. Deimos offers Victor half his holdings plus Titan. Deimos will keep Basic Black, half the money and the KMansion. Tells Victor to think about it. Victor walks away.

Deimos tells Maggie it makes him very happy to undo what was done to her. She didn’t deserve it. Maggie says he would know. He tells Sonny he looks forward to getting to know him better. Says “Good-bye family” and leaves. Adrienne believes him. Justin and Victor don’t. Justin takes Adrienne and Sonny out for a celebratory drink. Victor thanks Sonny for the money. Walking out, Adrienne asks if Sonny is staying with her and he says “Mom”. Justin stays back and asks Victor his thoughts. They are standing in the doorway with Maggie a few feet behind them. Justin thinks this could be the end of Victor’s stress. Justin leaves. Maggie claims she wasn’t listening to their talk yet was right behind them. :rolleyes: They discuss the offer. Later, Victor leaves the KTownhouse.

Deimos and Doc are now at HTS. He threatens Doc again and expects him to deliver.

Adrienne, Justin and Sonny are now at TBD. Sonny likes what the Hernandez family has done with the place. Apparently, there are new paintings up. Justin had no idea he sold the place. Sonny realizes his parents are not together or even speaking regularly. They will always be friends and his parents. They change the subject to Sonny. He talks about Will—he went to Paris to think because everything in Salem reminds him of Will. He knows they ended in a bad place. It all hit him in Paris. He was finally ready to come back on account of Victor and Maggie.

Deimos pops up. He asks for a favor. He asks them to convince Victor to accept his offer as it’s best for Victor and Maggie. He thinks Justin agrees. His offer is sincere. He leaves and Adrienne asks Justin if he agrees. He doesn’t understand anything “Uncle Deimos” does. Note that he called him Deimos earlier. Sonny doesn’t trust Deimos. Justin gets a text from Roman. He has to go see him as soon as possible. Justin is glad Sonny is back. Tells Sonny to stay out of the Deimos stuff. Sonny claims he is a Kiriakis and is already involved. Justin goes.

Adrienne reiterates what Justin said. He asks about Lucas. She says they are engaged. She wanted to tell him in person. She is happy and wants him to be happy for her. He says at least one of them should be happy. He is upset about Justin and her not getting back together. She keeps saying she is happy. Sonny got a room at “The Inn”. Tells her to go and he will take care of the check. She leaves. He walks over to the bar and literally bumps into Paul. He asks Sonny what he is doing there and Sonny says this is home, it’s where he belongs. Cue soap stares.

Justin talks to a day player cop at the station. He says Roman wants to see him about missing evidence from an armed robbery months ago. Cop leaves and Justin looks worried.

Deimos enters KManison to find John and Brady in the living room. They would like to talk about the Chopin group.

Earlier, Brady is on the phone with Wayne, another PI, at the Black Patch offices. He is frustrated. Has told Wayne to check HTS again. Flashback to finding Jeannie T on the park bench and realizing Tate is missing, then to arguing with Victor. Enter John and Paul with food from The Burger Barn. Brady doesn’t care about cheese on his burger. It has been 3 days since Tate disappeared. Brady is discouraged at the lack of leads. John comforts him. Brady asks John if he believes Victor is innocent. Brady knows how much Victor hates Jeannie T. John asks what he gets out of taking Tate. Brady thinks to break him and Jeannie T up and frame Summer. John asks if he would risk losing Maggie and Brady.

John thinks someone else is setting up Summer and Victor. Paul talks about major league baseball player Jacoby Ellsbury and how he made him lose focus when he was pitching. He thinks the kidnapper is trying to keep them from focusing on what’s right in front of them. Maybe the kidnapper is setting up Victor. Maybe Victor is the real target not Brady and Jeannie T. Brady thinks it’s a far out theory. John thinks maybe not.

Chopin Group is chartered in Greece and has offices in Athens. Import/export business. Major ties to the Greek mob with Greek backers. They look at photos of a couple of backers and Deimos is one of them(we do not see the photos). Jeannie T runs in and says she has proof Summer took Tate based on her dream. Said it was Summer with a plaid shirt, hair pulled back and sunglasses. Note that we never saw the dream. Brady doesn’t believe her because it didn’t come out in the session with Marlena. They argue. They make up. She leaves. He promises to call with any leads. Jeanie T looks angry when she leaves. Paul goes off to the library to check out the photo of the guy with Deimos. John and Brady go off to confront Deimos. He can’t reach Jeannie T so he left a message.

Deimos enters KManison to find John and Brady in the living room. They would like to talk about the Chopin group.

2 seconds after leaving BlackPatch, Jeannie T walks into Summer’s hotel room and slams the door. Editor’s note: Cannot make this up. She tells Summer she knows she took Tate. Summer denies it again. Jeannie T claims she remembers now. She accuses her of spiking the protein shake. Jeannie T says she was wearing a plaid shirt that was too tight, a baseball cap, and sunglasses. Summer says how can she remember something that didn’t happen.

Jeannie T grabs Summer and starts shaking her. Summer reiterates about the blackmail but that she didn’t take Tate. Summer tries to go find Brady but Jeannie T pins her down. They fight some more. Jeannie T gets her on the bed. Summer says she is making it worse. Summer keeps denying it. Jeannie T persists. Says she used Brady, calls her a pathetic loser and scum and a user. She says “tell me where my son is or I’ll kill you”. Summer tells her she doesn’t deserve Brady or Tate. She had to have a kid to hang on to Brady. And to stop blaming her or she will kill her. Jeannie T runs to the door, trips and hits her head. She has a gash on her forehead and is unconscious. END.

Good episode today but it was almost all Kiriakis focused just like yesterday was almost all Hernandez focused. I'd like to see more balance within an episode. Right now, all roads seem to lead to Victor with the Tatenapping. The Tatenapper reveal had better be REALLY good after all this.

I have a feeling Jeannie T will end up accidentally killing Summer when she comes to.

Lots of references to people and situations we didn't actually see today. We didn't see Jeannie T's dream nor did we see the photos on John's laptop. Unusual.

Nice touch by Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) to not wear makeup. She also looked really pale.

I think a Justin/Adrienne/Deimos triangle would have been better than Adrienne/Lucas and Justin solo. Lucas could have been tried out with Blanca. And Chloe could have been involved with Brady and Philip. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Justin involved when Adrienne sold TBD to Eduardo? I know he was when Chad sold his half back to them. Adrienne looked really good today.

This is Sonny’s way of repaying Victor and Maggie for all they have done for him
!?!?!?!? I'm totally lost here. Your summary is not to blame - crummy writing is. I'm not even sure I want to watch today. (Still hasn't aired here.)
Cue soap stares
:sick::sick::sick: I'll definitely skip this episode. Paul and Sonny's reunion might make me lose my lunch!!
Lucas could have been tried out with Blanca.
I'd still like to see this. Blanca is wonderful.

The obvious roads seem to lead to Victor or Deimos being behind the Tatenapping. Let's hope it's something more original.

This is the first I've actually noticed Maggie's outfit. Did she steal it from the Colonel?

latest

!?!?!?!? I'm totally lost here. Your summary is not to blame - crummy writing is. I'm not even sure I want to watch today. (Still hasn't aired here.)

:sick::sick::sick: I'll definitely skip this episode. Paul and Sonny's reunion might make me lose my lunch!!

I'd still like to see this. Blanca is wonderful.

The obvious roads seem to lead to Victor or Deimos being behind the Tatenapping. Let's hope it's something more original.

I was also lost at the constant Maggie propping by Sonny. It was actually annoying me. Did they even interact last time he was on? She always seems so occupied with her egg baby Daniel and pseudo son Brady.

It was a decent episode but very narrow in focus. Paul and Sonny's reunion was about 30 seconds long.

I think John's comment about someone else setting up Victor and Summer was foreshadowing. They could be setting up Deimos too. I also think the comment about Greek ties was foreshadowing. Who has ties to the Greek mob and also is an enemy of Victor's? We still don't know who the other backer of The Chopin Group is.

Sonny's constant comments about Maggie may have annoyed the actor as well. I always have felt that any actor who has played a character for a long time, especially if he was the first one, perhaps only one, to play the role, knows the character and story very well. And thus, Freddie Smith would know that Sonny really did not interact with Maggie much, but did so with Uncle Vic, his parents, and of course, Will & Chad. Yes, Paul, too.

However, Sonny has always been a good guy, a responsible one, has obviously heard all the Uncle Deimos did in taking Victor's companies, home & liquid assets. Also how Maggie fell. So, perhaps this was preying on his mind, & in walks Uncle Deimos with the doctor savior in tow. Hmmmm.

I realize Theresa has been very upset and at times irrational, but maybe, just maybe if they kept her in the loop about the stuff they are finding, like The Chopin Group, then she wouldn't have gone after Summer. It was very male-oriented and I did not like how they looked at Theresa as a dumb woman. It may have had her feel important, like she is really helping.

Nice to see Sonny back. I didn't mind the idea of him "paying Uncle Vic back" but the fact that he sold the club that Victor sent him to France to run without Victor's knowledge was a little odd. I'm pretty sure that was an anvil with both Justin and Adrienne warning Sonny to stay out of the Kiriakis family mess. I think Sonny will be involved somehow very soon. I thought it was stupid that Justin didn't know about Sonny selling the club. I'm looking forward to more scenes with Sonny and Paul.

The Summer/Theresa scenes were awful. I'm so ready for this story to be over. At this point I don't care who kidnapped Tate. Just return the tyke and let's move on.

Thanks, Heather.

I enjoyed the episode.

I was shocked Tate has only been gone for three days. For some reason, it seems longer than that :)

Loved the Kiriakis family reunion. Too bad Deimos showed up. It was nice of Sonny to sell the
club for Victor. Sonny must have his own money to stay at the inn and pay the tab.

I hope we get to see the picture John found.

Summer has a way of pushing people into tables and hurting them.

I wonder what Roman figured out since Justin was called to the police station. Will Roman give
Justin a free pass like he has with other people lately?

Did they even interact last time he was on?
The only thing that springs to mind is when he was at her bedside ending the DiMera-Kiriakis feud.
Kiriakis family mess. I think Sonny will be involved somehow very soon
Perfect! A story retread. That was basically his first story last time, too.

Since Sonny's return got about ten seconds of airtime at the end of Tuesday's episode I was glad to see him be on so much today. I look forward to seeing his reunion with Gabi and Ari next.

I'm of two minds on narrow focused episodes like today. On one hand I would prefer if they would focus on stories that have not been front-burner for months like the Deimos/Victor war has been but on the other hand when they seem to actually be wrapping up a plotline like Maggie being stuck in a wheelchair in this case, it make sense to do it that way,

So over all I did enjoy the episode. Of course I could have done without another Theresa vs. Summer scuffle and I strongly suspect I am not alone in that regard. :)

Last edited:
Dang, I thought for sure Dr. Baker would do Maggie's surgery and at long last, redeem himself! But, alas, nope.
Alas, Dr. Baker could only help Maggie if she was about to give birth to a miracle baby, which really isn't that much more far-fetched than some of the other stuff that the writers have concocted in the past few years.

Can they not figure out a way for Summer to hurt someone besides them hitting their head and falling to the floor?
This thing of people falling and hitting their heads is getting a little old. Nick Fallon's and Willow Stark's misadventure on Salem beach appears to have started a local trend. And if Jeannie T. ends of up a coma, will John be able to repress the urge to say: "What goes around comes around?"

Finally, if Deimos is not involved with the Tatenapping, this will give him another excuse to go into his "poor, little, misunderstood me" and "I've changed" routines. What he doesn't realize that Sami spouted the "EJ has changed" nonsense so many times that Salemites are now quite cynical about the possibility of personal improvement.

I was confused. Yes, again. :rolleyes: I thought Victor said the property that Sonny sold had been in the family for a long time. But then it was also said that Victor bought it for Sonny. Maybe he bought it from some other member of the family?? Oh well, it's not important or relevant to anything. Just a curiosity.

Back