Days of Our Lives - Thurs., June 15, 2017

My issue with the Anjelica stuff is that it's sudden and not dramatic at all. The was no build up whatsoever. Ok so she hates Adrienne for turning Alex against her. That makes sense in theory but where is Alex??? We should have seen him in screen interacting with Justin, Adrienne and Sonny for at least a month before Anjelica showed up. This is analogous to the week they spent on David Banning's funeral.

It is nice to see Steve in scenes with adults aside from Kayla.

I liked the Claire/Theo scenes. I don't love them together but I don't hate them either. I'd like to see them with a reformed Claire and with Theo doing the pursuing for once.

Way too much Jade this week. She's been dominating the show for 3 days in a row and I still don't understand the character direction. Instead of Joey following her, he should have disowned her for what she did to his cousin and then had this lead to her leaving Salem permanently.

Eli/Lani was the only part of the Gilligan's Island story that I didn't fast forward. I've liked them together from the start.

Sheri Anderson wrote today's episode and I think it shows.

I don't get how Joey didn't totally go off on Jade for what she did to Claire and Theo. At the end, he still wanted to be friends with her. It's like he gave her a pass for secretly filming his cousin and friend doing the "dance with no pants."

Today's show should be called "forgive me". Paul asked Sonny if everyone would
forgive for what he did. Theo tired to apologize to Claire and she said no. Jade
wanted everyone to forgive her.

I thought it was interesting Joey ran after Jade and still wanted to be her friend.
Does he still have feelings for her?

Nice to hear Jack's name today.

Anjelica sure can hold a grudge for nearly 30 years, but I agree with Heather. If she is upset about Alexander having nothing to do with her, then he should have been onscreen first so that we could have seen him interacting with Justin, Adrienne, and Sonny. Also, if part of her reason to take over the paper is because of Jack, then Jack needs to be back on the show so we can see how he would react to Anjelica.

I really wish Tripp had been in the apartment with the teens today. He needed to see the kind of antics Jade can pull and maybe start to think that what she is telling him about Kayla just may not be true.

I'm glad Paul's fever broke today. Hopefully he will start to get better from the jungle madness.

She indicates it is over with them.
You go girl!
which makes one wonder why anyone even speaks to Andre, let alone marry him. LOL
I would say the same, but about Kate, LOLOL.

Very grateful that you were able to get up a summary Poirot. My channel is back, but un-watchable. My cable company is no help, coming to look at it on Saturday. Ugh.

The Justin/Adrienne/Anjelica affair was somewhat similar to Daniel/Chloe/Kate.
???????
Daniel was involved with Chelsea and Kate at the same time, albeit the affair with Kate was in hastily-made flashbacks, but not with Chloe at that time. He was involved with Chloe while she was engaged to and married to Lucas. Chloe was engaged to Daniel when she had the one night stand with Philip. Kate was extremely jealous of Chloe, both over Daniel and Lucas, but Kate's affair with Daniel was over before then, if I remember correctly. I don't see the "somewhat similar" affair you mentioned between Daniel/Chloe/Kate because Kate's sheets had cooled off before Daniel became involved with Chloe.

Anjelica sure can hold a grudge for nearly 30 years ...
This must be some sort of Salem record for holding a grudge before acting on it. Yes, Orpheus also held a grudge about that long, but he was in prison for part of that time so he had to wait. Even Stefano, the master of revenge, would be taken aback by these two people. He'd agree that revenge is best when served cold, but not this cold. Also, I agree that this plot absolutely cries out for the return of Jack since the awful Anjelica claims to be engaged in this nonsense because of him. Jack should return at the right moment (without falling into a cake) and tell Ms. A to take a hike. As she fades into the sunset, he could then tell Jenny to stop pestering the suffering Sourpuss and then straighten out the former Ms. Perfect. What father wants to learn that his darling daughter is divorcing her husband and marrying some crook who doesn't want to be deported?:eek::eek:

I speculate somewhere down the line we will definitely see Kate square off against Anjelica in Adrienne's defense business wise. Kate and Anjelica are exactly the same women just different names, I would love to see that cat fight! The Justin/Adrienne/Anjelica affair was somewhat similar to Daniel/Chloe/Kate.
...and this is part of the reason why I have the signature line that I do...

My issue with the Anjelica stuff is that it's sudden and not dramatic at all. The was no build up whatsoever. Ok so she hates Adrienne for turning Alex against her. That makes sense in theory but where is Alex??? We should have seen him in screen interacting with Justin, Adrienne and Sonny for at least a month before Anjelica showed up. This is analogous to the week they spent on David Banning's funeral.
Good questions. 1) where is Alex and 2) isn't it a bit late to still be blaming Adrienne for problems with Alex? I thought I read Anjelica sent Alex to live with Justin and Adrienne?

My other thoughts:1) If I never see Chad and Gabi together again it will be to soon! Talk about a forced relationship!

2) I was glad to see Claire stand up to Jade - I can only imagine how angry I would be if somebody did that to me.

3) Joey needs to dump Jade and I never need to see her again either!

4) Glad Paul didn't hurt anyone seriously.

5) Gabi's sprained ankle is totally lame (yes, pun intended).

6) Glad it appears Chad and Gabi did NOT have sex...at least not that we saw! Really don't want another baby story right now!

It was a very good day for Theo, though he'll probably have to move out of the loft, in order to stay clear of the brat. And speaking of Claire, when Jade first suggested the sex video, wasn't she kind of ambivalent about it? Her little-miss-innocent act is not going over with me. :sick:

Note to makeup, you're overdoing Claire's eye work. Are you trying to make her look like a Margaret Keane painting? The colored contact lenses are enough. :rolleyes:

Seeing Morgan Fairchild (Anjelica) takes me back to "Flamingo Road!" :)

I'm OK with the return of a serious Jack, otherwise... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back