Days of Our Lives - Thurs., May 12, 2016

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Buckle up folks! Lots of characters and sets today!

Kayla is sick. A nurse is finding her a cubicle. Steve calls and tells her Jade is missing too. He asks if she is ok. She says she is tired and to not worry about her but concentrate on finding Joey.

Fynn is with a lab tech looking at strains from Ari and Paul. Same virus. Synthetic. Paul is the carrier. They need to get it to the CDC fast.

Joey and Jade are at the youth hostel in LA with Jade’s Aunt Simone. Joey needs a fresh start. Hostel is a space of non-judgment and freedom. Jade’s dad hated her aunt. The Aunt has found a spot in the atrium for them to sleep. They can stay as long as they like as long as they “pull their weight and contribute”. They contribute to the well being of the family. Jade’s Aunt says they are outcasts, they do whatever it takes to survive and don’t apologize. The Aunt leaves. Joey asks Jade what is going on. He looked very apprehensive whenever the Aunt is speaking. Jade thinks this is normal. They are family and they do what they need to survive, even if it means stealing food. Joey looks worried.

Summer brings Maggie tea that is supposed to be good for her immune system. Maggie wants to know what is bothering Summer. She is nervous about moving in since Victor doesn’t like her. Maggie says not to worry. He doesn’t like most people. Convinces her all is ok.

Chad (with a new haircut), Abby and Thomas are in the hospital garden. Jennifer is coming too and Abby is not happy. Abby doesn’t want anyone to see her like this. Note that she is still in a robe and slippers. Chad came early to spend time alone with Abby. She asks why. Maybe they should get used to this. It’s hereditary. Abby doesn’t think she is getting better. Chad disagrees. He holds her hand and they look at Thomas. He is crying and it makes Abby uneasy. Chad tries to calm him and then Abby does too. Chad wants her to give him a pacifier. He is still crying and she gets frustrated. She thinks he is crying because of her. Nurse comes over and takes Abby away. Note that she had her hands on Abby’s shoulders and led her away. Thomas stops crying. Jen comes and mentions coming from trying to see JJ in the hospital. She tells Chad about the virus and how they won’t let anyone in or out. So she is grateful to see Abigail instead. Chad tells her Abby was taken away, she thinks she is getting worse. Jen asks what he thinks. They talk about Laura Horton! Dr. Robinson comes out. Jen asks if Abby mentioned Ben or Laura. Dr. R can’t discuss her sessions. Chad wants to change treatment. Dr. R says they need to remove the pressure. Her family makes her feel insecure and inadequate. She is insinuating that they stay away for a while so Abby has time to not worry about how her family views her. She asks Chad and Jen if they can give Abby that time. Dr. R goes off to get Abby. Jen is angry. You don’t isolate someone from their family. Jen is crying. Chad is upset. Thomas has been up half the night. Jen offers to take him so Chad can get a good night sleep. Dr. R is back saying Abby asked her to say her good-byes. She won’t give Chad an answer as to when they can come back.

Later Jen and Chad are at the DiMansion study discussing Abby and tending to Thomas. Baby is fussier. Chad thought he was teething but he isn’t. Jen wants to take him and Chad refuses. She insists. He keeps saying no. Then yells at her saying he will be damned if he allows his son to go home with someone in her situation. Jen asks if he thinks she is a drug addict. Chad apologizes for being blunt. He mentions HTS and her stumbling around and slurring her speech so Lucas came in and said he’d take care of it. Note: This HTS scene NEVER aired. Jen claims Lucas did and she is going to meetings. Chad still refuses to let her take Thomas. She insists she is fine and will get better. Chad is pulling for her. Thomas smiles at Jen. So cute! She leaves.

Nicole is at the KMansion to see Deimos. She has the contract from Basic Black. Terms are acceptable. Attorneys have reviewed it and once she signs, his generous offer will be locked in. Deimos wants to celebrate over coffee. They toast. He has been redecorating. There is now a grand piano in the living room—he promised himself this while in prison. Nicole asks him to impress her and play. He sits down and starts playing. (Editor’s Note: It looks like he is really playing but not sure if those are his hands). Nicole acts very moved by the piano playing. Deimos stares at her and flashes back to playing music for Helena. He stops playing suddenly. Nicole asks why he stopped, hates to think she disturbed him. He warns her he will keep an eye on her. He just handed her a multi-million dollar fashion house to run. He will watch her. Nicole is flirting with him. They start to kiss and Kate walks in right before they do. Nicole heads out. She will have a status report for every division of Basic Black within a week. Deimos is happy with Nicole. Kate looks worried.

Steve is at the Brady Pub with Hal, Jade’s father. Hal is played by the actor Real Andrews. Steve tells him the kids ran away. Hal says that girl is bad news, he bets Joey is a good kid. He and his wife did everything they could for “that girl” but it didn’t work. He thinks she ran away to escape what she did on prom night. Thinks she will show up again acting like nothing happened. That is her usual modus operandi. He is enjoying the piece and quiet in the mean time. Steve asks him to contact him if he hears from Jade. Hal says don’t hold your breathe. Steve then goes to HTS and bumps into Claire. He asks her again about Jade and Joey. She says nothing has changed since he saw her before. He says it has because he spoke to Jade’s parents and he knows she is gone too. He tells her Joey could be in danger, Jade is bad news. Steve presses her to talk. Claire tells him about LA and CALLS HIM UNCLE STEVE! They hug. Steve leaves. Claire looks upset.

Marlena is now looking for Kayla. Fynn tells her she is sick too. Tells her it’s a synthetic virus carried by Paul. Marlena asks about the CDC and wants to help. Fynn asks her to help keep patients calm and in bed.

Victor (dressed casually) is now at HTS and bumps into Kate. They trade insults. She asks if he heard the good news. He asks if she whored herself out to Deimos. She says no. He asks if she whored herself out to Deimos for a lot of money. She tells him she is running Titan and to enjoy his time with Maggie. He tells her to enjoy her time at the top as it won’t last long.

Kayla is now on a gurney in Paul’s room from yesterday being treated by Fynn. Steve calls Kayla and tells her about LA. He asks her to come with him—Joey will likely listen to both of them. She says she can’t due to the quarantine. He asks why she sounds hoarse. Is she getting sick too? Kayla claims it’s from talking too much. Steve doesn’t seem to believe her. He will be in touch. He calls Hal again and tells him about LA. He asks if there are any connections or family there they may want to contact.

Victor comes home. Apparently Summer was supposed to come last night but came today. She offers to make lunch for Victor. He refuses. She claims she is here to take care of her “mother” and to let her know if he changes his mind about lunch.

Abby finds Thomas’ bunny on the ground by the garden bench. She hugs it. Then gets very uneasy and tosses it in the trash. We get a split screen with Chad talking to Thomas about Mommy coming home soon while Abby stands and cries over the garbage can. END.

So I was wondering, and not to put spoilers in anything, but could a death be JJ ? Because I hadn't realized he was sick either. So today we learn he is. JJ's death would impact lots of people. I could see Jennifer going further down in her addiction, and suing for custody of Thomas, wanting to "replace" her lost son. But that's speculation on my part. In any case, I don't enjoy this quarantine story and I hope it's over soon.

Last edited:
Victor said something to Kate about concerning her dealing with Deimos as playing in traffic with scissors or something. That was funny.

When did Chad find out about Jennifer and does like everyone know? Eric, Rafe if I remember correctly, Lucas, Chad, anyone else?

Loved Nicole's hair but her and Deimos are kind of gross.

I wish Kate was in on the plan instead of Nicole. I just think she would be better suited for the job and hate for her to always lose.

When did Chad find out about Jennifer and does like everyone know? Eric, Rafe if I remember correctly, Lucas, Chad, anyone else?
There was a cut scene (a few weeks ago) in which Chad encountered Jennifer kind of staggering around Horton Town Square, slurring her words. He thought she was having a stroke and wanted to take her to the hospital, but Lucas happened by and said he'd take care of her.

The scene was detailed in a daily summary, but never shown on air.

Yesterday's return of Aiden appears not to have been the only unwelcome event in Salem. Today, Jenny was deemed unfit to care for Baby Thomas because of her pill popping, Abigail is under such a dark cloud at Shady Hills that she tossed poor Peter Rabbit in the trash, and Kayla has been added to the victims of the Yo-Daddy flu. (Please, please, let Summer be next.) Perhaps, Dr. Dingo could call on Dr. McScruffy's orange-tinted spirit to swoop down from on high and instantly cure everyone. Out in California, Little Joey and Jade seem likely to prove a variant of the old saying, "never eat at a place called Mom's" -- "never stay at a place called Nirvana." Finally, we can add hard-hearted Hal to Salem's list of indifferent parents. He and Rory's mother could hold a debate on whose child is more worthless and useless.

So a scene which has now impacted a number of future episodes - and is pretty important to the temporary return of someone who is a big deal - was cut, and in its place we got endless repetition of Summer's lame story. Whoever made that editing choice needs their head examined.

Granted, I'm biased because I can't stand the Summer story, but so far the worst we've seen of Jennifer's addiction is her forgetting to turn on the oven for pizza, and her sleeping with Eric. Neither of those actions are enough to make anyone deny her access to her grandson. Stumbling around the main shopping square stoned out of her gourd sounds to me like it was a pretty important plot point to be cut.

I know they are cutting scenes so we need to just bear with that. A lot of people are asking when something happened and I think it isn't that it did not, it's because they cut the scene trying to shorten the mess. For now, there will probably be a lot of things referring to scenes not aired. We're pretty used to suspending reality since they don't follow history of the show. But this happening now is due to dicing and slicing trying to get the dead weight out of the scripts.

Totally agree with leebee81 about the way they are cutting and leaving in Summer and the dullness that is her story. It is just ineptness. That said, we need to realize they are trimming to get out of the stupid stuff. There is just so much of it.

The reason we know scenes are cut - when they are cut- is because the show has posted pictures, or told the scene as part of their recap on the NBC site. They have even issued spoilers that never happened.

And the business about Chad seeing Jen staggering around the square was cut out. I do agree that there is useless, Summer stuff that could be excised easily, and we would not miss it. I.E. Today, Summer bringing Maggie tea, and repeating her same lame conversation about being there, taking care of Maggie, & Maggie repeating how she is Maggie's daughter,blah, blah.

Thank you Heather, really appreciate you doing this today.

Just to throw something out in regard to this cut-scene conversation: If they cut scenes with Summer instead of the one involving Lucas and Jennifer then they might have cut Summer's scenes today. And then we wouldn't have had the pivotal moment of Summer offering to make Victor a sandwich and then there where would we be? It's like the classic TV theme song said "you take the good, you take the bad and then you have the Facts of Life. The Facts of Life!" Come on everybody sing!!

When Jade told Joey that her aunt Simone was always a hero to her my immediate response was" "Oh yeah, this does not bode well." I don't know why I thought that since Jade is such a well-adjusted young lady. It may not be entirely fair or accurate to describe the setup as Mansonesque but still those scenes made my goosebumps have goosebumps.

Thanks, Heather.

I thought of the Manson family too when we saw where Joey and Jade are. Let's hope
Steve gets there in time to stop Joey from doing something bad.

It's weird to see Victor not wearing a suit.

I wonder if Victor told Nicole that Clair De Lune was a song Helena enjoyed since Nicole
was moving with the music. Kate must have flown on her broomstick to get to the mansion
from the square to interrupt the kiss.

It was interesting to see Thomas turn his head when Abby said she didn't want anyone
see her like this.

We saw Claire and heard Clair De Lune today.

I liked the split screen ending.

Today was a bit hard to summarize because not only were there a lot of short scenes with different characters but also lots of body language. Definitely worth watching.

I think Simone's house is going to end up being some type of cult. So far Joey seems to have his antennas up which is good. Hopefully he will get out before it's too late. What an awful attitude by Jade's dad! I like the actor though.

I also think that Dr. Robinson and the nurse are on somebody's payroll. Something is off with Abby.

Regarding Jen, Abby has also discussed her fear of Jen being on pills with Chad. So while the HTS scene was important, it has been mentioned other times. I thought Chad also drove Jen home at one point after the accident.

For those of you questioning it, in the final scene of yesterday's episode, Gabi felt JJ's head for a fever and said he felt warm. It wasn't explicitly said that he had the virus but it was a similar scene to Marlena discovering John had a fever. Both men just had fevers. So to me that implied they both had the virus from being openly exposed to it. Pretty sure JJ didn't have on the hazmat suit the entire episode.

Loved the very brief Steve and Claire scene, especially her calling him Uncle Steve.

I think with this virus storyline, we will see select characters each day since they seem to be using 1-2 sets for hospital rooms. Even the set Kayla was on was the same one used by both Paul and Arianna yesterday. So I don't expect to see all victims every episode. That's why we didn't see John or JJ but glad that Paul and JJ were both mentioned. Marlena had come from seeing Paul and Jen had come from trying to see JJ.

Back