Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Nov. 20, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, November 20, 2014

Chad is on the phone with Mr. Merker, talking of becoming co-CEO of DiMera Enterprises. Tad is bussing a table, overhears, Chad about has a fit, saying he eavesdropped, Tad assures him that was not the case. Chad realizes he was wrong, apologizes, and warns Tad to keep quiet and tell no one. Tad likes the idea he is the only one who knows this. Now Chad gets a call from Stefano, who has learned what Chad has done, betraying him, etc. Chad tells him that he had to look out for himself, saw a chance for a power grab, so took it, and doesn't like that Stefano called to threaten him. Oh, but that is not the case, Stefano is very proud of Chad, he has done exactly the same thing Stefano himself would have done at his age. He is rather proud of him, despite the fact he will lose a big chunk of money. Thinks Chad has that chunk of inner steel his brother lacked.

Paige has come home, Mommy dearest sees she is upset, and they go round and round about JJ, with Eve insisting Paige give JJ up. Nope, she loves him, he needs her, etc. etc. Paige gets aggravated, leaves and meets up with Daphne, telling her all about what happened. Paige thinks that her mom is upset over the guy she slept with, that when her mom is sad, or upset, that is what she does. Goes out, finds some guy, sleeps with him. Paige thinks this one was different, though, and that her mom perhaps cared about him or something, or he affected her more in some way. This is why she is acting the way she is.

Hope sees the Ewe search for herself, with the words, money, fortune after and is startled. Along comes Caroline, Hope closes the tablet, Small talk, a lot about Aiden, and Caroline approving. Meanwhile, Aiden is seeing his boy off, telling him not to be concerned about money, that either Hope is rich, or that Mommy was. He returns to the table, Hope is rather distant, while Caroline tells Aiden she knows she wasn't very gracious to him before, apologizes, and really likes him. She leaves, Aiden sits down, can see Hope is upset, and she shows him why, having him open the tablet. He takes her off to some place more private, and explains that the tablet is Chase's, not his. Proving it by showing her the things on it, kid's games, American History. Hope is contrite, sorry she jumped all over him, but he doesn't mind her jumping all over him. Smiles, kisses, etc.
He confesses that he knew she was wealthy long ago, that Father Louie spilled the beans about her donation, figuring rightly that Aiden would match it and then some. they both laugh, and agree no more talk about money. But Hope reminds him that he gave her a hard time about those earrings that Ciara had, and she notes that Chase's tablet is top of the line, very expensive. Yep, Aiden confesses he is a hypocrite, but loves to see his son's smile. Hope is guilty of the same, she says. Another kiss.

Abby comes in, seeing JJ pumping iron, can see he is upset, they have a long talk, about what dad did, which is no reflection on what his children do. She explains how she felt when she found out, and talks of with their dad, it was circumstances that led to what he did, and he spent years making himself a better person, She wants him to talk to mom, who is with Gramma Laura, but Abby says she will be back tonight, he can talk to her then.
Next, Abby is with Maggie, getting some recipe for something she intends to make tonight to surprise her mom, who won't be getting in til around 10 p.m.

Theresa comes out of Paul's room, spotting Brady, goes chasing after him, what is he doing at her work. She rakes him up and down over how he treated her, and then going behind her back to tell her dad. He pulls her off to some waiting room, lets her know it wasn't him, he has not spoken to Shane, must have been Victor, and he will talk to Vic, it won't happen again. And that he is on the hospital board, is there for a meeting, and in all probability they will run into each other around town, but try to keep it civil. She suggests he text her when he is coming to the hospital, so she can not be around. Nope....NO contact. Theresa is still carrying on, telling Brady she is the best thing that ever happened to Brady. He denies this, since she got drugs for him, got him drunk enough to marry her, and whacked his father into a coma. She purrs like a kitten, talking of the sex, the good times, etc.Then tells him to move on like she has, that she already has a new boyfriend, handsome, rich, crazy about her, and she about him. Plus he earns his money, is not a trust fund baby. She marches out, going straight to Paul's room.
More flirting etc. with him, even suggesting she can smuggle him out of there, to a bar by the river, music, nice people, fun. He claims that maybe when he is off painkillers, they make him rather out of it now. \

Someone is pounding frantically on the Horton house door. JJ opens to find an angry Eve. She is bellowing at him, calling him names, telling him he did not do the job, he is supposed to break it off with Paige. He insists he did all he could, but that he cannot help Paige being so sympathetic. Eve is on a rampage, warning him he cannot be with Paige no matter how much he might love her, and she him, not after sleeping with her mother. She rants, until finally JJ tells her he doesn't have to do anything she says. That yes, they made a mistake, no one has to know, and Paige won't hear it from him. He loves her. Eve says she loves her daughter, too, and she wants to make sure that Paige never finds out what happened that night.
And there is Jen's voice....what happened? What night? What is going on? She is back home.

When Stefano is on the phone with Chad, he ends the call saying something in Italian. il ............lupo

first word is "the". Last one is "wolf". I cannot make out the middle word, which sounded like bucco, or bocco......
So, anyone who reads this, sees the show, is of Italian heritage and perhaps can tell me....would appreciate it. :)

LOL...Poirot, when I was in Italy in college there was a phrase I learned to use to fend off the horny Italian boys "Sei un buco di culo"....translates to "you are an *bleep*" Just looked up on Google translator and "buco" means "hole". So not exactly sure what Stefano was saying there. I did notice he said "basta!" today which means "enough".

Glad JJ stood up to Eve and told her he does not have to do what she says.
Very glad. JJ really holds a winning hand. If the ugly truth emerges, the worst thing that happens to him is the end of a college freshman romance, but Eve's relationship with her daughter could be on the rocks for a long time to come. So rant on Eve, you're all bark and very little bite. Elsewhere, Chad really proved today that he's truly a rotten guy. Sure, he duped perfect Abigail into bed, ruined the Nick-Gabi wedding, repeatedly yanked Ben's chain, pointed a gun at EJ, betrayed his father, and stabbed Kate in the back, but yelling at T, the nicest guy in Salem, is a new low. Finally, Jeannie T. is kidding herself if she thinks she'll get anywhere with Paul. Star baseball players are always encountering groupies, aka "Baseball Annies," and he's more likely to use her like Kleenex than form a lasting relationship.

Stefano's threats are laughable unless he is in the same room in Salem. I really wish they'd use sub-titles when using foreign languages. Same thing happened with the Japanese conversation last week.

I too was glad JJ stood up to Eve. I'm sure Jennifer will promptly kick her out tomorrow.

I thought Hope and Aiden's conversation was a very mature one and I'm glad Hope caught herself and apologized before putting her foot in her mouth.

Eve, Paul, Paige, Jeannie Theresa and Brady can all leave Salem anytime.

When Stefano is on the phone with Chad, he ends the call saying something in Italian. il ............lupo first word is "the". Last one is "wolf". I cannot make out the middle word, which sounded like bucco, or bocco...... So, anyone who reads this, sees the show, is of Italian heritage and perhaps can tell me....would appreciate it. :)
I rechecked the DVR, and Stefano appears to say: "in bocca lupo." A Google search then turned up the information that in Italian "in bocca al lupo," literally means "in the wolf's mouth," and is an idiom for wishing someone "good luck."

Thanks for the summary.

Theresa is SO annoying! My goodness, she needs to leave for a bit! Same with Paige! I can't believe she's telling her friend about her mom's sex life, or that she's thinking about it herself! YUCK!! But, glad JJ stuck to his guns. The worst thing about this episode is probably that Jennifer came back to Salem.

Nice that T is there; love him. And the Chad/Stefano scenes sound good, as do the Hope & Aiden ones.

What I like most about T is that nothing phases him, instead of being miffed that Chad basically threatened to fire him for DOING his job he thought it was cool to have this secret with him. Personally I think there should be a special place in hell for people who even raise their voice at T so Chad has a lot of work to do before he's redeemed for this.

I just don't know what to make of Aidan, I want him to be a good guy for Hope's sake because I'm liking them together but I just don't know. These sketchy things keep popping up and he always has a plausible explanation but there's just something off-kilter about him. But I kind of like being kept guessing it makes it more interesting in my oh so humble opinion.

Theresa is coming on so strong to a captive audience. Here is a man who has just had surgery, is still in pain, is unable to move his arm, is on painkillers, and Theresa is offering to smuggle him out to a bar for some fun. Does she remember anything at all about drugs & alcohol? Or how she already has broken several hospital rules, is more or less on probation there now? Egads.
I guess she figures with Aunt Kayla as Chief of Staff, Uncle Roman the police commander, and boss Anne in her corner, she can get away with anything.
But no, am sure Paul is so used to the groupies who are willing to do anything, he knows what she is about, but doesn't like being the captive audience. He should have pressed his call button.

DrBakerfan thanks for the translation. I had to rewind my tape three
times to make sure I wrote the words down correctly.

I'm shocked like Chad with Stefano telling what he did made him proud.

Was Abby at Maggie's during lunch hour :) I wonder what recipe
she was getting. They talked about Chad and his "dark side". We
saw some of that when Chad yelled at Tad.

Theresa should be glad she didn't lose her job when she slept with
Brady. He's a hospital board member.

Jen Jen came home just at the right time. I think her last day on
the show was when she broke up with Daniel. If so, she was gone
three weeks.

Nice to see Caroline and Tad today.

Salem/Horton hospital is where I should apply. My work history consists of layoffs due to down-sizing, closings, seniority bumps, buy outs, and company relocations to another state. If employees like insubordinate Anne and Theresa and never at work Jen, and Abigail can keep their positions, I'm a shoe-in for Salem/Horton hospital

I thought it was interesting Abby mentioned to Maggie, Jennifer won't be leaving her job after all.
One person who'll also be interested, but who will be less than thrilled, is Anne Milbauer. Ms. Snark has just learned to her great disappointment that the Deveraux princess is back with Chad's blessing (meaning that snarky remarks about her are off-limits) and now her prissy, no-show-job mother won't be leaving after all. Add in the facts that the hated Dr. McScuffy will be a hero for saving Paul's career, and her little helper, Jeannie T., has turned out to be another feckless, always-late employee, Anne could be forgiven for heading over to the Brady Pub to really drown her sorrows.

Theresa should have been fired and would have ages ago in real life for the drug scandal of overdosing. Let alone I am sure she probably has been into work not sober quite a few times. The difference between Abby and Theresa is, Sami threatened Kayla as co-CEO of DiMera unit to retrieve the funds they were donation to the hospital if Abby wasn't forced to resign. Theresa's relationship/fling with Brady has no merit since no one from Titan or Kiriakis blood was willing to take money away for Theresa to be fired. Victor has a lot more class than Sami, he could have done the same thing.

Back