Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Oct. 23, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, October 23, 2014

Eve answers her door to find Jill, back from Kentucky. Her cousin is into all the horsey stuff, ended up throwing her out, so she is back, and looking for Eve to subsidize her, bringing up what she did that Paige should not find out. Eve more or less tells her off, then calls Abe to tell him about this gal who drugged this young guy. Jill stops her, is sorry, just needs $500. Eve decides to give her the money, warns her not to ever try playing a player again.

JJ is having a bad dream. He is making out with Paige in bed, but she suddenly rejects him, telling him he is too much like his father or something. JJ wakes up, gets dressed, goes out, running into Rory. His "friend" is still insisting that JJ stole Jill from him, but mentions seeing Paige last night, she was upset, and if JJ loves her, he'd better go make things right, before some dude does to you what you did to me. JJ decides that Rory is right, as is Daniel, goes home, calls Paige, asks her to come over, he wants to explain about last night.
Paige has run into MaryBeth, who can see Paige is upset about something, rags on JJ, hears how he has been rejecting Paige, which has her making even more negative comments. She even says maybe JJ has an STD as a result of his romp with Jill, so that is why he is staying away. Paige has heard enough, gets the call from JJ, decides to go.
When she gets to the Horton house, JJ asks her in, tells her to sit down, then says she is entitled to know the whole story.

Clyde & Jordan are arguing in the park. He accuses her of killing her mother. She denies this, would never hurt her. Evidently Jordan was arguing with her mom, trying to get her to leave Clyde, who was constantly drunk. Her mom left, got in the truck, and hit a tree. Clydes blames Jordan, who won't have any of that. She talks of the beatings when he came home drunk, broken ribs, black eyes, concussions. She mentions him making her do things she never would have done. He claims she wanted to. She calls him a liar, and he gets on her case about taking his boy away from him. And if she keeps interfering he will tell Ben all about her, because he has been keeping her secret all these years, but won't any more.

At the Pub, Rafe comes in the door, and there is Nicole. Hugs, long time no see. (And I truly loved these scenes). They sit, have coffee, chat, talk of EJ being killed. It was all over with them a long time ago, so why does she feel so bad. Rafe talks of how Sami said EJ wanted out of his family, but Rafe always knew he'd die like a DiMera. Nicole asks if he was really killed by a junkie. Looks that way, replies Rafe. They talk of the kids, he suggests she go to the mansion, she says no, Sami would not want her there. Rafe assures her that Sami always knew, when Nicole was with EJ, how well Nicole looked after the children. He asks about Eric, she admits it is done there, her own fault. How about Jordan. Yep, same for Rafe, it is over, he did it himself. He smiles, they need to go to the Club and .........she says "have a pity party". Yep. It's a date, he shakes her hand, is leaving, reminding her to go see those kids.
Over at DiMansion, Chad wants to know what kind of trouble Sami is in, she isn't telling. A call comes in from Stefano, who talks of being sad over the death of his son. We had our differences, but now he is dead. So what is going on with Sami & Katerina? Chad puts him on hold, warning Sami he will tell all if she doesn't explain. She is adamant, but Kate says she trusts Chad, so finally Sami caves. Chad & Stefano exchange a few more words about the kids, Chad to arrange a video chat, and then Stefano yaks it up about Chad telling Kate that he, Stefano, is buying 300,000 shares of Kane stock. Figures it will put another nail in her coffin.
He hangs up, the trio get down to business, Chad is filled in. Sami told stockholders they were keeping this company, though she was planning to sell it. The women tell about Victor & Lucas seeing what they can do to help. Chad figures since he is a major stockholder in DiMera companies, that should be a help to Victor, so he & Kate go off to talk to Victor.

Kate & Chad have just come from talking with Victor, and here comes a rather jubilant Clyde. Chad realizes he is a 3rd wheel, and leaves them. Kate wonders why he is so happy, he says it makes one feel good when everything is going just right.

Chad is walks, and there is a crying Jordan sitting on a bench. He asks what is wrong, she gets up, goes into his arms, crying on his shoulder.

Eve is at the hospital, bringing the papers for Dr. Chung. Kayla spots her, calls out, they chat small talk a bit. Eve brags about her daughter getting the Stanford scholarship, Kayla wonders why she is there at Salem U., talks of getting to know her. Doesn't take Eve long to denigrate JJ, though Kayla thinks the two are crazy about each other. But Eve thinks JJ is a lot like his father, Jack. And you, Kayla, of all people know exactly how Jack was, don't you". Eve gives a smirk, and takes off.

Sami sits with Sydney, looking a picture she drew of all the family, and wants to send to Daddy in heaven. Sami promises to look up the address online. They point out all the family members, even Will & Ari. Sami starts to ask "who is this over here", when there is someone at the door. They both go to answer, and Sydney is delighted to see Mommy Nicole, who is down on her knees, hugging Sydney. Sami looks a bit annoyed at first, but then Sydney is showing Nicole her picture, Nicole is admiring it, Sydney says they are going to mail it to daddy in heaven. Sami is beginning to get affected by this, Nicole continues to praise the pic, Sydney tells her the little figure over there, looking down and watching out for them all is Nicole. She is touched, as is Sami, who tells Sydney that she should find an envelope for the picture, to ask Harold, who is in the kitchen, and he probably has one the right size. Sydney runs off, Nicole apologizes, she should have called first. No, No, Sami says, it is all right, and she bursts into tears, putting her arms around Nicole, the women holding each other as Sami sobs.

Clyde said that Jordan was driving and that she had her seatbelt on and her mom didn't, and that Jordan was too young to be driving. I loved the scenes with Rafe and Nicole!! The little smiles they each smiled at different times. Dare we hope that maybe just maybe the writers will finally go there???

Thanks, NikkiFan, I got interrupted a few times, usually when Clyde & Jordan were talking. But yes, Clyde claims that Jordan was driving, was too young, she was wearing a seat belt, her mother wasn't. Jordan says mom begged her to drive. Clyde claims the passenger side was mangled, where Mama was sitting, Jordan not a scratch. Seems he found them before the Sheriff got there, and managed to make up some story or other. Jordan says that after that is when Clyde began blackmailing her so she would do whatever it was.

Very nice scene today with Sydney and Mommy Nicole. Otherwise, a few comments for assorted Salemites.
Eve, it was good to see a would-be Salem blackmailer finally send packing, but you're still a conniving, manipulative lowlife.
Paige, you've got a whole campus filled with potential new friends, so why are you still hanging out with that nasty Marybeth from Salem High?
Rory, since when do you actually go to class? And somebody you meet briefly while falling-down drunk is not "your girl."
Jordan, you should have seen Clyde grinning like the cat that just ate the canary right after he threatened and verbally abused you. Tell Chad everything and "Uncle" Stefano will arrange for your creepy step-father to return to Poplar Bluff in a pine box.
Rafe, if you think that the EJ case doesn't add up, get off your duff and keep digging. Think how happy Roman and Abe would be to be able to announce that the Salem P.D. has actually solved a big case.

Rafe and Nicole!!!!!

This was perfect. Rafe is the only other person in Salem who understands how Nicole feels about EJ's kids because he was a parent to them also. I'm so happy we finally got scenes with them. I only hope this is the beginning of the writers acknowledging and capitalizing on this amazing friendship. Rafe doesn't judge Nicole or belittle her because he's accepted her for who she is and stands by her as a real friend should. Heavens to Betsy, I need more of them... STAT!

Well since Jordan apparently can't remember the details of the accident that killed her mother and Clyde "found" them at the bottom of the hill, I suspect it will turn out that Jordan was NOT responsible and Clyde mostly likely ran them off the road.

I know that a lot of people have lost interest in this story since it feels like it's been going on since the good lord was in diapers but I for one am glad to at least get SOMETHING. But at this rate I still think they are saving the final reveal for November sweeps of 2039 or maybe since they have us on the edge of our seats they'll keep dangling that carrot until February sweeps 2040.

You know, Troy made me remember something. There ARE areas in the U.S. where youngster drive vehicles. Mostly in rural areas, or around/on their farms. Sometimes they are just 10-12 years old. Twice, recently, iin the news, a man has been arrested because he was having his young child drive because he was so drunk.
I wonder exactly how young Jordan was. She mentioned Clyde beating up on Ben even though he was just a little boy. And she evidently stayed there with Clyde for some time because he was still beating her, and making her do things she said she did not want to do.
And she mentioned something about not remembering much about that accident. ...

The Rafe/Nicole scenes were just fantastic. They need to expand on this relationship, whether romantic or just friends. There was more chemistry in those couple of scenes between them than the entire past year+ with Rafe and Jordan. And be still my heart, if I don't still smile and cry at Nicole/Sydney scenes! I absolutely loved the hug between Sami and Nicole as well. Excellent.

I'm glad we're finding out more about Jordan's past but I still don't care.

I pretty much FF'D the JJ / Paige / Eve saga. I'm sorry but I just want to scream from the top of my lungs, "WILL YOU GET YOUR STUPID SURGERY ALREADY!?" If I hear the words "nodes on my vocal chords" again I might just launch a shoe at the TV. :beat:

Today's show is why I love Nicole so much. She may sometimes do bad things, but she has such a big heart. She is always the first person to forgive when they wrong her. She never pretends to be something she is not. I loved her with Rafe, Sydney and Sami.

Didn't care at all for JJ or Eve. Just FF them.

I enjoyed seeing Nicole being happy today with Rafe and Sydney.

Nice scene with Sami and Sydney too.

I wondered when Clyde was talking to Jordan if there was something
else about accident since Jordan couldn't remember it.

I hope JJ is finally going to tell Paige the truth about Jack and Kayla.

It is sooo nice to see Nicole not being the town pariah. :love: I loved her scenes with Rafe, with Sydney and her hug with Sami. I do wish we'd seen her coffee date with Daniel too, the more Nicole love the better, in my opinion.

Paige, grow up. You did something stupid and kind of creepy. Stop acting like JJ is the bad guy for not appreciating it.

Despite Mary Beth's insinuations, this was the first time she was anything like a decent friend to Paige. Too bad she was so out of balance and annoying before.

Eve can go away any time, though for some reason I liked her scenes with Jill. Oh, if only they had had Eve take Jill in to try to straighten her out instead of this mess. That's a storyline I would have loved to see. Anyway, her thinking Kayla would join her anti-JJ campaign was really stupid. Not only did Kayla come to an understanding with Jack and somewhat forgive him, but she married Steve, who wasn't exactly a choir boy. Nice to see Kayla but really, this was silly.

Today was like things came full circle with Sami & Nicole. It reminded me of their friendship when Nicole first came on the show.

Heroic Muse, I was of the same thoughts with Kayla & Eve. I wish Kayla would've stopped her & said Steve was very creepy, worse than JJ & had me scared to death but changed & after a while I grew to love the person he became.

It's about time one step became two steps in the Jordan's past mystery.

I realize the show is taped far in advance & written even further in advance but it cracks me up to hear STD after becoming so accustomed to hearing STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection). I wish the writers were up to date on their terminology.

@Sirramix I wish Kayla would have said something about Steve too, but then the writers would have to remember that she and Steve had a long history of loving each other.:beat: Also, when Eve said, "HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR NEPHEW'S RECORD???" I so wanted Kayla to reply, "No, because it's been expunged, so nobody can see it anymore." :rotfl:

I forgot to mention in my earlier post, I thought Rory's scenes were interesting. First of all I was surprised JJ didn't get upset with him for trying to sabotage things with Paige. I saw a few glimpses of the Rory I thought we knew before he went all one-dimensional, too, when he was telling JJ that things weren't okay with Paige, yet at the same time still getting digs in about what he thought went on between JJ and Jill. I also wondered if Rory will be the one to save the day, by accident, because his chasing down Jill could lead to the whole story unraveling.

Rory's just jealous that the no longer drug taking JJ got roofied & he missed out on the literal snoozefest. lol

But seriously again I wish the writers were a little current. Roofies aren't only a date rape drug. Many take them to come down & sleep after an "up all night on stimulants" & it is a prescribed med.

Back