Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Oct. 23, 2014

If Jordan isn't at fault for killing her mother, then why was it so hard for her to share this with Rafe? :rolleyes:

I didn't like the Eve and Kayla scenes. As with Eric, they are trying to portray Eve as some newcomer rather than as a member of the Brady family. Kayla and Kim are supposedly very close so if Eve is getting along with Kim and Shane, by proxy you'd think she'd be somewhat civil to Kayla, her step-aunt. Also, this is where the recast doesn't work for me. Eve appeared to be the same age if not older than Kayla. In the past Kayla was the older one. Also, why does Kayla have to get to know Paige? You'd think she'd know all about her by now. :rolleyes:

Well, they did say "long time no see". It does seem that while Shane may have sort of kept in touch with Eve, she, of course, was not raised by him, and when she left Salem, she went to Africa, if I remember right.
I know I have relatives I have not seen in years and years, though we may keep in touch at times. Soap family/friends are no different.
Kayla spent nearly 20 years in CA, and I don't think she saw Eve in all that time (and I don't think Kim did either....but who knows? LOL

Sure, by phone maybe. Both Eve and Paige have talked of being on the road constantly, with Eve's singing career. Shane himself barely saw his family for years, due to his CIA work. Kim was on her own with the kids, don't know how long that movie producer lasted. It has been mentioned by Theresa about her absentee father.
Shane & Kim only got back together a couple of years ago, after Alice's funeral.

I agree; but from Eve's comments, they have been in contact over the years and are seemingly close, even if they don't physically spend time together.

Although, it is baffling why Eve is struggling to pay for Paige's college education when Shane is a multi-millionaire. You'd think he'd have set up a college fund for his only grandchild. :rolleyes:

I'm also under the impression that Eve maintains regular contact with Shane and therefore Kim. I'm also under the impression that Kim and Kayla are still somewhat close as based on Kayla being the one assigned to keep an eye on Jeannie Theresa in Salem. Therefore, you'd think Kayla would know more about Eve and Paige even if through casual conversation with her sister. I maintain that the scenes yesterday made no sense to me.

I don't understand why Jordan can't remember much about the accident that killed her mother. Did the shock of it blot everything out? It doesn't seem plausible that she has to rely on Clyde's version of what happened. I don't have much interest in the character of Jordan but as others have said, the pace of this story got so tiresome a long time ago. Now it bugs me that they don't just spit the reveal out and get on with it.

:rotfl: removed texting symbols....JS

Saw the episode. Great--and finally, we got to see Rafe & Nicole, and Nicole & Sydney at the end.
Eve was pretty horrible for reminding Kayla of her rape, plus suggesting that JJ is the same as his dad. But, not surprising.
The Jordan stuff...well, now we know a bit more about her past. That's a good thing, I guess.
Everything else was kinda mediocre.

I think Paige has surpassed Jordan as the most boring character in Salem.

The whole Eve/Paige thing still remains a mystery to me, and while we are at it, throw Theresa in there too. It seems like Eve does not remember those she interacted with when she was in Salem before, like when she was having a drink with Eric last week. Once again, we have the writers bringing characters on and not researching their history with others on the show, such as Eve with Eric or Kayla, and Kayla not knowing Paige. But yet, Abe knows all about Eve and Paige:confused:. In addition, John only sees Theresa a money grubbing gold digger, and does not remember her as a little girl he once thought was his niece (even before she hit him over the head).

Back