Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Oct. 30, 2014

I must say I was a bit teary eyed during portions of today's episode. When Lucas was talking with Allie, when Sami was having her goodbye scenes with various people, but the part that had me practically sobbing was at the end when Lucas said, "I guess you're the General now." Wow. I'm almost crying again just typing and thinking about it again. One of the best and most appropriate uses of history. :clap:

That dialogue got me too Sparks:

Lucas: "Who's the general now?"
Sami: "No way...you're always the general" (said as she leans against the door frame looking at him with nothing but love in her eyes)

:cry::cry::cry: I will never understand why we didn't get more of married, happy, and fighting the world together Sami and Lucas.

Loved the "general" reference!!!! Nice touch!

I did ask my boyfriend as we were watching who was in charge of packing EJ...

There should definitely have been goodbye scenes with John & Sami...yet one more thing TPTB ignored.

Loved all the references about what Sydney & Johnny were packing, i.e. the gecko and the fish...

Thanks for the summary Jason

Yippee, Sami is finally on her way out of Salem :)

I think she said goodbye to everyone in town. Well almost.

Nice to see so many characters on today's show.

I almost cried when Roman and Abe were talking to Johnny.
I wonder how kids will act toward Johnny after the movie is made.

Nice talk Allie had with her dad. Funny stuff with
the kids trying to pack their pets.

I wonder what Marlena is going to do when she
finds out what John did this time.

Kristen and Daniel. No words, we might hear some
tomorrow if Brady finds them

Although I haven't been a fan of Sami's of late, I will have to say her good-byes made me shed a few tears, not so much for Sami saying good-bye but more that Ali Sweeney (Sami) was saying her good-bye. It was a reality vs. fictional cross-over moment.

I too am Sami's contemporary as I am the same age as the actress playing her and as I tweeted her earlier today, I watched her first episode and now her "last". By the way, really nice open letter to the fans on Alison Sweeney (Sami)'s Facebook page today. I was bawling during the final scene and was quite surprised that the final freeze frame was of Marlena, Roman and Lucas.

And Eric! I wish Eric had a more prominent place in the final frame, as opposed to just a blur in the background. But I suppose there's only so much room... :)

I enjoyed all of Sami's scenes but wish she had encouraged Eric to make up with Nicole, especially given her scene with Abigail yesterday. But maybe her comment alone was enough.

I agree! I thought she might just encourage Eric to make up with Nicole when she was telling him to stand up for himself, or whatever it was. Especially after she had just told him that she and Nicole had just had a nice time together. I really wish she had encouraged Eric to at least make nice, a little.

So, I hate to admit this, but I don't understand the "General" comment between Lucas and Sami. I've watched for a long time... I'm pretty sure I saw the first time Lucas and Sami were "together"... surely I wouldn't have missed this reference, but I did. I'm sorry. Can someone fill me in?!? LOL!

So I've always been pretty neutral on Sami and her relationships, but after seeing those scenes I wished that she and Lucas had been together for all of the past 20 years (or for most of it, anyway, given how there have to be breakups every now and then by Salem law). It would have been so interesting, and enjoyable, to see them grow together from being two connivers to being more mature people who kept each other in check.

As for Daniel and Kristen, the scenes weren't bad, except I felt like I missed something because one second Daniel is telling her to leave and she responds by kissing him and the next they're in bed. That progression didn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

Brady is such a selfish brat with a brain the size of an ant. Instead of screaming at John, maybe he should try being thankful for once that his father is actually alive and walking? No of course not, because he has to make everything about himself.

And, Brady almost threw a punch at John!!!

1) 45 seconds; 2) a month or so, but who's left in town? Jordan? Kate? LOL

That TBD bartender who hit on Aiden?

I still think Theresa is pregnant.

She almost fell at the elevator when Brady shoved her.

When Lucas first came on screen, he was still in military school. That was Sami's nickname for him because he was a bit rough on the edges:).

I loved the memory book too but where were the photos of Rafe and Belle?

Thanks... I assumed it had something to do with military school, but didn't know anything more specific than that. Thank you for explaining!

And, Brady almost threw a punch at John!!!

That TBD bartender who hit on Aiden?

She almost fell at the elevator when Brady shoved her.

I don't think Brady shoved her. I thought he pulled his arm out of her hand and she fell back. Like what happened in the confrontation months ago between John and Theresa.

She was also wearing 5 inch heels, so anyone would fall back in that scenario

Actually I thought it was funny that in the Sami/Marlena flashback, Sami was much shorter than Marlena. Back in real time when they walked out of the Dimera living room, Sami was taller than Marlena which is not easy to pull off because Sami is a few inches shorter than her mother. So those were some pretty high heels!

Back