Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Oct. 8, 2015

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Ben and Abby are home. They had gone to the hospital and were sent home. Contractions stopped on their own. Ben is taking care of Abby. Ben says all the drama with Chad caused this. Abby says everyone is stressed out due to the serial killer. Mentions it’s hard to detach when someone you’ve known for a long time is in trouble. Ben accuses Chad of being the killer again and Abby defends Chad. They argue. Ben turns the tables on Abby and mentions what if he was always talking about a girl from his past. Abby wouldn’t like it. Then says it’s just as unbelievable for her to believe Chad is a murderer as it is for her to believe Ben is one. She thinks Chad is being framed and is scared about the reward and what might happen. Abby goes to take a shower and Ben takes the red tie out of the drawer. Ben has flashbacks to attacking Marlena. He throws out the tie (under some papers in the trash can) and then gets a call from Clyde who tells him Roman brought him in on bogus charges and tells Ben to call lawyer Joanne Donner. Abby comes out of the shower. Ben is going to the station, Abby wants to go too but Ben tells her to stay home and rest. Abby then tries to leave after deciding not to call Chad and Will is at the door with wedding vendor info from his wedding. Small talk and then Will sees Abby is upset. She mentions the mild contractions, probably dehydration. Will mentions it happened to Gabi once too. Abby is also stressed about Chad. She knows Ben is upset with her. Will and Abby repeat same conversation she had with Ben earlier but Will gets it and why she is worried about Chad. Abby insists Chad is innocent. Will mentions the attack on Marlena. Will tells Abby she committed a crime by helping Chad. Safest place for Chad is police custody if he is being set up. Abby is very upset about proving Chad’s innocence and Will tries to calm her. Really sweet scenes here. He encourages her to show Ben some support. Now Abby says she has to stay home for the cable guy coming from 12-2. Will offers to stay so she can go to Ben. Abby leaves. Will texts Ben that he is at his place in case he needs anything.

At DiMansion, Andre happily gets off the phone with his informant and tells Chad that Clyde was arrested. Andre tells Chad that Clyde was arrested after an altercation with JJ. Wants someone to slip into his house to find proof Clyde is the killer. Chad asks if he and Father had something to do with Clyde’s arrest. Andre denies it. Chad asks why he is helping and Andre says he is family. They can’t do anything until the informant calls with more information. Andre leaves.

Chad is reading online about Clyde’s arrest and Abigail walks in. Says she was super careful getting there. Chad doesn’t want to cause more problems for her and Ben. Abby claims she came to give Stefano a message for Chad and wasn’t expecting him. He shows her the secret passageway and why it is so safe. She tells him about Clyde but he already knew. She asks if he knew about it. Chad tells her all about the drug ring and tells her she should ask JJ about it. Chad mentions the dealing rumor. Abby leaves and Chad asks why Abby is still helping him. Abby thinks Clyde is innocent too and wants to make sure Chad had nothing to do with the arrest. Chad asks why she and Ben didn’t leave Salem. Abby says that’s egotistical and says he is assuming she can’t live without Chad. Abby leaves to go to Ben and Chad says maybe she should have gone to him in the first place. She exits via secret passageway after a moment of soap staring.

Roman and Clyde are in the interrogation room. Clyde mentions Abby marrying Ben and says maybe JJ is jealous of his sister’s happiness. Roman is more concerned about what business Clyde is bringing to Salem. Tells him to call a lawyer. Roman goes to his offices and Aiden is there on another matter. He has something to give Roman under the condition that he says he didn’t get it from Aiden. Aiden tells Roman he is a criminal lawyer but Clyde hired him for estate planning and such. He dropped Clyde because of the threat against Chase. Next scene Roman is back with Clyde telling him it’s to his benefit to cooperate with the police. Roman overheard the entire conversation with JJ and knows he admitted to running the drug ring. Clyde claims it’s legal entrapment and that he is a model citizen. He is trying to blame the whole thing on JJ, says he was selling drugs out of the Horton Center. Roman says he has more and Clyde says he is bluffing. Roman leaves again.

JJ is now at the station with Roman and Roman tells JJ what he did took a lot of guts. Also mentions having other information against Clyde. Ben walks in angry and starts yelling at JJ. He says he was protecting Abigail and that nobody really knows Clyde including Ben. Ben throws a punch and Roman gets in between them. Ben is now defending Clyde and Ben throws a low blow saying JJ is jealous because he doesn’t have a father. JJ defends Jack. Clyde’s lawyer enters and Roman leaves JJ and Ben with uniformed officers. Roman brings Joanne to Clyde, hands her the file and then leaves again. Joanne asks if he wants her to fight the extradition to FLORIDA. Some banter back and forth. Clyde tells her it’s her job to find a loophole and make it go away. Handcuffed Clyde and Roman are now with Ben and JJ. Clyde mentions he may have to go to Florida for a bit but will be back for the wedding. He has his word. Aiden walks up and wishes Clyde luck. He heckles Clyde about Florida and Roman takes Clyde away. Clyde says they haven’t seen the last of each other. Abby comes in. Ben is upset and needs air but tells Abby that Clyde is innocent no matter what anyone says. Tells her to ask her brother what’s going on. Abby questions JJ.

At Abby and Ben’s apartment, Will is looking at his wedding photos and thinking about Sonny. He leaves a tearful voice mail for Sonny. It is the middle of the night where Sonny is but Will apologizes and says he is the one that screwed up. He admits he wasn’t taking ownership of his mistakes. He accepts that this is all his fault. He loves Sonny so much and even if they never get back together he wants to make things right for Sonny. Tells him again he loves him and says good night/good morning. Will stares at the wedding photo again.

Andre and Chad are at DiMansion again. Clyde’s apartment was clean. Andre says they’ve been watching Clyde since he came to Salem. Chad asks how long he has been there. Andre doesn’t answer. Both say Clyde is not foolish enough to leave evidence lying out in the open.

Will crumples up some papers and throws them to the trash. He keeps missing and gets up to throw them away. He finds the red tie at the bottom of the trash. Ben comes home and sees Will holding the tie. Soap stares. END.

It seems like Clyde's attorney is pretty shady would expect no other from him. Was nice to see Aiden poke fun at the Lion in a cage.

Ben is making it more obvious to the general public he can't control his anger. I think slowly the Abby and Ben train is slowly to derail once Abby finds out about Clyde from JJ. Seems like Clyde's arrest may put Ben over the edge once again.

Whatever it is with the Weston family it all leads to Florida. It would be nice to have a storyline take place there leading to Ben being put away for good.

Whatever happened in Florida is really serious if they're talking extradition. Though I thought the FBI had to be involved across states?

Roman has been on 4 days this week:)

I really am getting worried about JJ. I'm hoping Ben's anger towards him is either a red herring or he will be another botched attempt like Marlena was.

I wish Abigail had heard Ben's comment about Jack. Instead, she'll probably side with Ben until it's time for her to eat crow.

Just saw someone speculate on twitter that Aiden may be Andre's informant. I like that theory.

I think Roman mentioned "murder in Florida".....didn't he? That would be reason for extradition.

I didn't catch that if he did. Aiden was talking to him and last thing he said was "you didn't hear it from me". Then in the next scene Aiden was gone. But Roman told both JJ and Clyde that he had something big on Clyde. No details given. But even Clyde's lawyer seemed to agree.

I hope that cable tv guy shows up soon! What a ridiculous reason for Will to stay there alone.

Even more ridiculous was that it wasn't mentioned until after Ben left.

Thinking back to when Paige first met Ben at Will and Sonny's apartment and she said to Ben haven't I seen or met you in Florida. He denied it and now I am sure Paige saw him there and now Paige is dead.

Is anyone else kind of hoping that if/when the cable guy shows up he has a really pronounced lisp and a fondness for medieval themed restaurants?

I don't know this was kind of strange episode in my opinion in that really didn't connect with me the way it probably should have. At the same time I appreciated the sense of foreboding they were going on an intellectual level but it didn't really kick me in the gut emotionally. It's kind of hard to explain, I guess I'll have to watch it again on POP tonight and see if it works better.

Heather, I share your concern for the Beav-um, I mean JJ but I have a feeling he'll make it through this, just call it a hunch.

So NOW Will gets where it all went wrong Sonny? I am laughing right now just to keep from crying. *sigh*

*I'm hoping my highly, highly humorous references to 1950s sitcoms and a nineteen-year-old Jim Carrey flick (The Cable Guy) don't fall completely apart.

I paused the DVR at the spot where the news article about Clyde appeared. It called Clyde an "entrepreneur" whose charitable causes were University Hospital and St. Luke's. The key information came at the end when it said that Clyde had been involved in a gunmen-for-hire scheme in Florida. If so, pity poor JJ. All his risks and hard work may be for nothing because Clyde could be going down for far more serious charges out of state. As for the FBI, if the Clyde gunmen ring was operating across state lines, it would get involved. As for Ben, he should have asked Abigail about the pitfalls of tossing things in the wastebasket. Similarly, poor Will should know better than to pick around in other people's trash. Finally, Abigail should feel privileged. Could she be the first non-DiMera to be admitted into the Phoenix's secret tunnels?

I'm laughing at that spoiler that said "Will's investigating skills (a/k/a tossing paper basketballs at a can) lead him to find who is the killer." I'm confused, I thought Ben and Jordan had been in Florida hiding from Clyde, and that Clyde didn't know anything about Ben's trouble down there till Chad (?) told the cops or whomever in Salem about it?? Now it's Clyde that was in trouble in Florida?

Thanks for the summary, Heather.

Yes, Roman has been on four days this week and still no kiss :)
Nice to see him laugh.

Will we see Clyde again? Today Clyde threaten Aiden if he saw him again.
Interesting to learn Clyde was in Florida too.

Abby is lucky her contractions stopped. So Abby knows about the
secret tunnels. Will she use them later to save herself?

Secret tunnels remind me of the original "Beauty and the Beast" TV show.

Ugh, Abby irks me. Why does she love all over Ben, telling him she is happy, then without so much as a blink, she's hunting down Chad? It doesn't seem to cross her mind that her head-games are obviously cruel. Even Chad is confused, he seemed a little irritated that she says one thing, then does the opposite. I would pass this off as naive, but this isn't her first time doing this. She needs to let go of one guy, and be honest!

About Clyde and the gunman for hire charge, when Ben was being investigated from the time he was in Florida and Aiden was representing him, did not Rafe or Hope find out that one of the key instigators was killed while he was in prison? At the time, it was highly suspected that Clyde had had something to do with it. However, at the time, there was no proof to pursue the matter. However, Aiden was investigating Clyde after he dropped both Ben and Clyde as clients, and he did find something out about them but Clyde found out about his investigations and beat him up about it.

Clyde may not have actually been in Florida, but whatever Aiden found out may link him to the gunmen for hire and the person that died in prison.

Finally, people are talking to each other and information is coming out that should have came out weeks ago. JJ finally opened up to Roman about Clyde's threats, and today JJ and Abby are talking about it which may help Abby become more guarded around Ben.

Ben, however, is flipping his lid about his dad being arrested, and coming across Will at the end is not good.:(

Back