Days of Our lives - Thurs., Oct. 9, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, October 9, 2014

Let the games begin! With everyone gathered in John's room, Roman reads the statement Theresa gave after John was hurt. John keeps staring at the worried looking Theresa, while Kristen smirks, figuring the truth is about to come out. Marlena asks if that is what John remembers, he says no. But then, he starts talking of how angry he was, the rage he was in, out of control, and tells Brady that it was all on John himself. Kristen's face has fallen, so has Daniel's, Theresa still looks concerned. John wants to talk to Brady alone, everyone leaves, though Theresa takes her time.
John tells Brady nothing is his fault, Brady feels if he had not been high, drunk, etc, this would never have happened. John only tells him the past is over, from this moment on let's just go forward. His hand is on Brady's face, slightly patting it, and Brady agrees to John's wishes. Now John wants to rest. Brady leaves.
Outside in the hall, Marlena wonders why Theresa looks so worried still, but Theresa makes up excuses, Brady tells Marlena John wants to see her. She goes in, John says they have a lot to talk about, she tells him they have all the time in world, can do so later, right now rest. She leaves.....and then Kristen comes in. She tells John she knows he lied, that for some reason he doesn't want to blame Theresa, probably figuring to protect Brady from Kristen herself. Won't work, she claims. John listens in silence, then says just two words. Good Bye. LOL She leaves, but out in the hall, is not done yet. Theresa meanwhile tells herself that for whatever reason, John has not fingered her, everyone heard him, so all is o.k.

At DiMansion, some filler scenes with Johnny &Sami. He is complaining because Sydney & Allie are taking forever to get dressed for the party, and keep changing clothes. EJ has gotten the call from Miguel outside, telling him how Clyde is selling his product all over town. EJ orders Miguel to have Clyde at the meeting place. He goes in, greets Sami & Johnny, fun family time. He says Sonny is coming by to pick up the kids to take them, to the party, Johnny is happy. Sami goes to change, Johnny tells his dad how kids make fun of him because of his last name. Treat him different. EJ gives him a pep talk, honerable name, when he gets older he will see how every one will respect that name when he gives it. Hugs, happy. Sami returns, tells Johnny to go push Sydney & Allie to get down there, she & EJ have some happy talk as well, a few kisses. He gets a call, has to do something, will meet her at the party. She wants to walk in with him, so they will meet up and go together. He leaves.

Most of the rest of the show is a lot of jabber, filler scenes. Jordan is at the Club, trying to get Ben to tell her why he is in such a good mood. He makes up a couple of things, she guesses he is in love. Brother/sister teasing. Clyde comes in, refers to the money he gave Ben, leaves. Jordan has a fit, would have given Ben the money, warns him about keeping Clyde in the past, and have nothing to do with him now.

Chad has run into Abby, more yada, yada. But he does tell her that he knows he has a problem with Ben, or Ben with him, but thought about it, talked to Sonny, who said Ben was a really good worker. Chad realized that Sonny has made a big success of the club without him being around, so they reworked their partnership. Sonny will run things, Chad takes a lesser cut, Sonny gets a bigger chunk. Abby figures that was nice of him, but Chad doesn't want her telling Ben.

She goes to the Club, arranges to meet Ben outside later on, he is going to bring her a drink there. It is a beautiful Indian Summer evening.

Now Chad spots Jordan, more small talk. She keeps trying to leave, but he keeps stopping her, and finally noting that it is her day off, she doesn't have to go anywhere, really. She wonders how he knows that.
Sami has shown up, sees them talking, is looking for EJ. Chad nods to his right, saying he saw EJ go in that direction. She is now in the park, calls out for EJ, then is trying to use her phone, and amazingly can get no signal. (I swear it is the first time that has ever happened so close to Horton Square. She is walking around the bench, holding the phone up here and there.

EJ is not a happy camper as he shows up at the spot where he is meeting Clyde, Miguel is standing by. He angrily tells Clyde he went against him, did not do as he was told. But Clyde is right back in EJ's face, yelling at him about being able to make more money, and he will be making more and getting his due. EJ will have none of that, tells Clyde he is through, he now has no territory at all. To go back to wherever. Clyde is yelling right back, calling EJ the spoiled son of a gangster father, who thinks he knows how to do this, but doesn't. EJ punches Clyde in the jaw, and down goes Clyde.

Back to Sami who cannot get any bars on her phone apparently. Frustrated, she closes it up, the heck with it. She is about to take off, when she hears a gun shot. EJ? EJ?

What a boring and badly edited show! There seemed to be a lot missing conversations and transitions. I really hope John has a good plan up his sleeve and I hope Marlena and maybe even Brady are in on it.

Jordan really adds no value to the show at this point, I'm sorry to say. And Daniel, Abigail, and Ben did nothing today.

I was surprised to see Sami dressed "down" for the party. Usually the women on this show dress casually when something bad is about to happen and we're going to see the same Salem day for several weeks. :eek: Too bad Kristen didn't get that memo when she was in the hotel with Daniel.

I'm wondering if Chad and/or Stefano are working with Clyde. Otherwise, EJ has most of Salem as his enemy yet a new guy with a mysterious business is his downfall? (Assuming he was shot of course). I don't think so. At least Nick's shooting made sense. This is just all contrived and lazy writing.

If EJ was shot, I'll wait until someone other than Sami checks for a pulse before getting my hopes up. Remember Nick Fallon:rotfl:

How about Chad acknowledging the fact that EJ has become Sami's lapdog - "He went that way towards the park....oh did he get off the leash again".

The beginning of that confrontation between Clyde and EJ was hilarious. EJ telling Clyde he gave him specific orders and Clyde brazenly telling him his orders didn't make any sense with that hilarious accent. I'm weak from laughter. Clyde ain't afraid of no Dimeras.

Sad to hear Johnny's story about the kids at camp talking
about his name. I kept thinking time to change it.

What a surprise when John told everyone the story Theresa
said was true. I wanted him to tell everyone Kristen did it.

I couldn't believe the looks Daniel and Kristen gave to Theresa.
I think they both wanted her gone so she'll leave Brady alone.

I'm glad John had Marlena come back to his room. Nice to see them
touch hands. I hope John will tell Marlena the truth. Maybe one day
Brady will remember.

Thanks for the write-up. John's scenes were to be expected with him not revealing Theresa, but they were still good, from the sound of it.
EJ doing a complete 180 is getting old---we're supposed to believe he is this good "changed" family man, but he's doing drug deals by night? Huh? The writers really screwed his character, and it's no wonder that the actor was upset about it, as he said in his interview.
The rest of the show was boring filler. I mean, was it really necessary to see Ben and Abby today? What purpose did it serve?

John's scenes...:love: I especially liked when Kristen ranted at him and he just said, "Good bye." I think she fell right into his trap, honestly. The more I watched, the more I was convinced that John knew that if he held back the truth, Kristen would go after Theresa with a vengeance and Theresa would go nuts wondering when he was going to drop the other shoe. I think it makes a lot of sense; while I want to see Theresa pay and pay and pay for her crimes (can't believe I agree with Kristen on anything but I don't want Theresa getting away with this either). if John had simply revealed it, she would have had the "he just came out of a coma so he's confused" defense. With Kristen on the case and possibly Daniel as well, hopefully things will end badly for Theresa and she'll get to choose between Statesville and the L.A. jail. I still think Nicole should be involved in this story, especially since she's tried so hard to get the scoop all along.

When little Johnny had his scenes about people making fun of his last name, it occurred to me that Stefano should be angrier at Kristen than he is. As much as Stefano is family oriented, he also has no tolerance for those who bring shame to the Dimera name, and Kristen has done that in spades with her stupid priest-drugging-and-raping plan and kidnapping-the-guy-whos-on-our-good-list followup. He seems too chummy with Kristen in my opinion, and perhaps once he gets the Elvis situation under control he will do something about Kristen's loose cannon behavior.

I will not be surprised if someone shot a gun in the air and nobody was hit at all. I'm not sure why Sami suddenly had a need to find EJ. That seemed a little contrived.

As much as I dislike Chad, I loved it when he told Abby, "It's amazing what you learn when you actually listen." :clap:That mini-Jen trend of jumping down someone's throat without knowing the actual story has got to go.

Ben and Jordan's argument was a bit low key for my taste.

Clyde ain't afraid of no Dimeras.
No, he isn't, which highlights the fact that EJ is just as incompetent at being a crime lord as the Salem P.D. is at law enforcement. Foolish Elvis goes to a meeting with creepy Clyde at an isolated location backed up only by newcomer Miguel instead of some tried-and-true DiMera muscle. (Where are you Sergio and Ricardo?) Somewhere, Al Capone must be shaking his head. Another DiMera who's not thinking straight is Kristen. Is it really surprising that if John had to choose between evils, he'd opt for Theresa the frightened rabbit over the cold and calculating Salem witch? Hit the road Kristen, if a man who's just come out of a coma can see through you, it's time to pack it in.

Foolish Elvis goes to a meeting with creepy Clyde at an isolated location backed up only by newcomer Miguel instead of some tried-and-true DiMera muscle. (Where are you Sergio and Ricardo?) Somewhere, Al Capone must be shaking his head.
He should have taken the scariest person in Salem: Ciara. Clyde would've pulled up his tent stakes and high-tailed it out of town in no time flat. But not before giving her a new iPhone 6 to forget she ever saw his face.

Back