Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Sept. 1, 2016

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives - Thurs., 9/1/16:

Jeannie T is trying on her wedding dress, while Anne takes pictures. They talk about how things are looking up for Jeannie T. Then Anne strolls down memory lane about Jeannie T's past with Brady, which upsets her.

Justin and Victor are talking about Victor's charges. Justin says all the proof is circumstantial and he's going to talk to Brady to keep things from escalating.

Brady gives the pill he found to Shawn-Douglas, who wants to send it to be analyzed. Shawn-D and Brady discuss Summer and her part in the kidnapping. Shawn says there's been no trace of her.

Philip drops by Martin House to see Kate. Philip figures she kicked out all guests as soon as she got the deed to the place. Then Philip tells Kate he needs her help. He asks for a loan to buy out his silent partner (Belle). Kate doesn't want to invest in Chloe, but eventually asks how much he needs. He gives her a figure and she agrees, but only if he admits he's not the father of Chloe's baby. He storms out.

Nicole asks Chloe if Deimos is the father of her child. Chloe reiterates that Philip is the father, but Nicole refuses to believe it. Chloe spins her tale of how Philip spent a lot of time with her and Parker in Chicago. Nicole is skeptical and calls out Chloe on the deception.

Chloe eventually admits Deimos is the father and Nicole thanks her for being honest. Chloe begs Nicole not to tell Deimos. Nicole asks if Deimos has a right to know. Chloe asks if EJ had the right to know Nicole was pregnant with his baby. Chloe tells Nicole she's crazy if she thinks Deimos has really "changed", while Nicole protests. She says Deimos has "changed" (paging Sami Brady, paging Sami Brady).

Chloe and Nicole continue to talk about Deimos. Chloe asks Nicole if she wants to be with Deimos, how will she possibly keep Chloe's secret. She says if Deimos ever found out, it would be over. Nicole agrees and says Chloe needs to tell Deimos the truth herself. They go back and forth, then Nicole agrees to keep Chloe's secret. Nicole asks Chloe that whatever happens, to keep her out of it, and Chloe agrees.

Brady goes to Daniel's grave and talks to him. He thanks him for saving his life, but then asks if it was necessary for all the dreams about Summer and the mess it caused. Victor comes across Brady at the grave. They talk and he tries to convince Brady he didn't do it. He said if he wanted to take Tate from them, he'd have gone to court and bought off a judge (LOL!).

Brady and Victor talk. Brady wants proof that Victor is innocent, because he won't take his word. Brady gets a call from Shawn-D. No prints were on the pill, but it was the same drug used to drug Jeannie T. Shawn-D says it's a street drug, commonly connected with a drug dealer named Titus Drew, the same guy Deimos bought drugs from (meanwhile, he got them from Rory, remember?? Maybe he's Rory's supplier?). Shawn says Titus Drew also has very old and long ties to Victor. Brady hangs up and asks what Victor he knows about this. (Can't Days even remember not to re-use fairly recent names?? Titus is Xander's father's name)

Victor admits to knowing "Mr. Drew" for a long time, but says he hasn't done any business with him. He said he's bought him a cup of coffee from time to time, to keep in the know about stuff on the streets. Brady informs Victor of finding the pill on the floor at Victor and Maggie's place. Tells him it was the same drug in Jeannie T's system. Victor protests, while Brady tells him the drug is tied to Titus Drew. Brady says he's glad his mother is dead so she didn't see what Victor has become. Then tells Victor to stay away from him, Theresa and Tate.

Justin meets with Deimos at the Pub and Justin thanks him for making him steal the evidence that got him fired. But Justin says now that he's lost his job, there's nothing more that Deimos can do to him. Deimos apologizes and says if there's anything he can to do help, to let him know. Justin says "thanks, but no thanks".

Nicole comes into Club TBD and talks to Dario. She gives him the final plans for the renovations. He says there were no final decisions, but she says she's done, she's going to work for Basic Black. He's disappointed and says he was looking forward to working with her on the designs. He asks if she's sure about working for Basic Black. She says yes, it's a new chapter in her life. So he wishes her well and tells her she has his support.

Chloe and Philip run into each other at the Square. She tells him about Nicole figuring out the truth about the baby and Deimos. Philip is upset that Chloe admitted the truth. Chloe reassures him that Nicole will keep quiet. Just then Kate strolls up. She apologizes to Philip and gives him a check for the amount he needed. She then hugs him and leaves. (while Chloe just stands there) Chloe asks what that was all about, and says Kate just wants to buy her way into his life.

Shawn-D is on the phone getting info (see above, he calls Brady about the pill found at Victor and Maggie's).

Dario shows up at the K-Mansion and asks Deimos for extra work. Deimos says he respects how protective Dario is of Nicole and offers him a job to watch over her. He then asks him keep tabs on Chloe. Dario accepts the assignment, just as Nicole comes him and asks what's going on. She wants to know why Dario is there. Dario plays it off like he was telling Deimos to be good to Nicole. Nicole says she's a big girl and can take care of herself. Then Dario leaves, while Deimos and Nicole talk. Deimos tells Nicole that Dario has a major thing for her. She assures Deimos that she and Dario are just friends; asks if he believes her.

Deimos says he believes her, then they have champagne. He jokes about being jealous of Dario and his attention, then admits he's falling madly in love with her, as they embrace.

Blanca comes into Club TBD, says hello to Dario (guess he ran back to the club). She tells Dario he looks like he needs someone to talk to. He offers to buy her a drink first; she accepts (a Bloody Mary).

Chloe and Philip talk about the baby (while at the Pub) about how Kate hates her and she'll do anything to cause problems for Chloe. She asks Philip if he's going to keep the money Kate loaned him. He says everything will be fine and he promises to handle Kate (from causing problems for her and the baby).

Kate wearing curtains ala Scarlett O'Hara is not sure about "pitchy" Chloe? She can say that about Claire but not Chloe. Kate is a one note pain in the butt. All she ever wants is revenge. I cannot stand to even watch her. That "fake" voice on the phone the other day was pathetic. She's Maleficent and Cruella de Ville with a ridiculous outfit. Not redeemable at all.

Well, I thought her outfit ghastly, but everyone has their own taste, so perhaps there are some who liked it. It is just me, don't go for big flowery prints all over.

Kate is so overdue for a fall, a huge fall from grace. I love that Philip has her number, and isn't going to kowtow to her.

I liked her a lot better when she was homeless, living in a car, then a woman's shelter, Fay took her in, got her the diner job. She probably still holds a grudge against Victor for that, although she brought it on herself, trying to kill him with that poker, then setting the house on fire.

Thanks for the write up. It was nice to see Anne today. I enjoyed her scenes with Theresa. We needed some light-hearted humor.

As usual, the highlight of the show was Nicole/Chloe/Deimos and that whole thing. I actually would enjoy it if this Chloe would come back to Salem---and believe it or not, I'd actually like to see her, Deimos, and Philip in a love triangle. I'm not really THAT opposed to Nicole & Deimos, but no way will he want her after he learns of her deception. Plus, he's too old for her, and I'm still holding out for Nicole & Rafe.

Still can't stand Kate.

Not liking Brady at all right now. This whole storyline needs to just go away.

Thanks, JS for the summary.

A slow day compared to yesterday's show.

My question is why did Chloe and Nicole leave Chloe's hotel room and discuss who the
baby daddy was in the park? Nicole looked behind them, but no one checked the bushes.

So the pill found in the apartment is being sold by someone Deimos worked with. Interesting
the Salem PD knows this, but the drug dealer isn't in jail.

How long before Deimos knows he's the baby daddy for Chloe? What will Nicole
do when she finds out Dario is spying on Chloe for Deimos?

I enjoyed Anne and Theresa the best because I laughed. Anne kept talking about how
Theresa used to be and she's changed a lot.

Last edited:
Here are a few isolated comments.

So now Philly K. is in hock to the devil. He's gone from the Victor frying pan to the Kate fire.

Why didn't Anne bring up all the fun she and Jeannie T. had when they were mocking Jenny?

The sainted Love Doctor has a rather small gravestone for the greatest man in Salem history. Why doesn't Jonas the Great have a marble mausoleum or at least a giant obelisk that towers over the markers of more humble Salemites like Nick Fallon?

Good luck to poor Nicole getting people to accept that Deimos has changed. Sami's endless claims that EJ had changed has made Salemites very skeptical of the concept of personal improvement.

Want proof that the Salem justice system is in its own world? It's slimy Aiden bringing charges against Victor. With the skimpy evidence he has, he'd be laughed out of a grand jury room anywhere else.

Thanks JS for pinch-hitting for me. I had to work today in order to get tomorrow off. :(

I thought about @Heather4CU when Shawn-D said "our grandfather" to Brady. I don't like it, but I think she will. :)

I had to pick my jaw up off of the floor when Brady mentioned that "Marlena and my father" had told him about his mother. Once my jaw was up, I was wondering...wouldn't his SORASing mean he knew her before she died? (I know, I'm just kidding, I'm not really trying to apply logic here.) Seriously though, Izzy B was one of my favourites, and I wish she were mentioned more often.

Chloe, Nicole, Deimos, Dario - No thanks. I'd rather Chad recruit Nicole to work for him somehow. Imagine those two in scenes together!

(Can't Days even remember not to re-use fairly recent names?? Titus is Xander's father's name)
I assumed that's why Deimos and Victor befriended him. He reminds them of their beloved brother. :)

I have no use for Brady wallowing over Daniel's grave. GROSS.
Why didn't Anne bring up all the fun she and Jeannie T. had when they were mocking Jenny?
I was hoping for another, less heavy-handed/foreshadowing scene about their other hijinks as well. Unfortunately Jeannie T must have had something important to do for the last 30 minutes of the episode.
The sainted Love Doctor has a rather small gravestone for the greatest man in Salem history.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:No kidding- I thought he was at Will's puny grave at first!

Today was a so so episode really. To me it seems like the writers here are really trying to over-push the Chloe/Nicole bff friendship going on. It is A LOT of Chloe to ask of Nicole. And the whole Nicole knows me better then anyone I didn't buy much. I just think this could lead to Deimos becoming more enraged with Nicole than with Chloe. Though Nicole could always spill the beans to Deimos ruining the friendship regardless I hate it.

Philip is stupid for accepting Kate's money because now she can come and go in his business as much as she wants too. Perhaps even asking him for a motherly favor to keep her out of whatever she is planning with Andre.

You have a point there, Eras. When Kate agreed to lend money to Theresa & Nicole to fund their clothing company, it only took two nano seconds for her to barge in as a partner now, and start dictating the shoulds and should nots.

As to Nicole & Chloe, I would say Nicole owes Chloe a huge favor, since Nik was the one who let Chloe be infected with that flesh eating bacteria...on purpose. Yes, she was sorry later, but..Chloe is the one who suffered, though fortunately got a miracle plastic surgeon. :)

I am usually supportive of Nicole. I like her a lot. But I thought she was out of line going to Chloe and demanding to know about the father of Chloe's baby. I get that she wants to know because of her own involvement with Deimos, but still, I didn't like how she was pushy with Chloe and didn't let up until she got the answer. Where did she think this was going to lead? She already knew Chloe is determined not to let Deimos know. I don't believe Nicole will keep the secret from Deimos for very long.

What annoyed me was that Nicole refused to accept Chloe's statements, until Chloe said what Nicole WANTED her to say. Nicole badgered her, more or less called her a liar, insisted she KNEW Deimos was the father, etc.

Well, Nicole knew no such thing. She only had Deimos's idea that he is the father.

Now I don't care if Chloe was lying or not, this is about Nicole, who was told Chloe & Philip had a lot of sex.....yet refused to accept what Chloe was saying, and was insistent that the one time sofa sex made Deimos daddy.

Yes, I know it did, but if Nicole & Chloe were such good friends, then Nicole should have shut up, accepted what Chloe was saying (no matter what she herself "knew") and been the so called friend she is supposed to be.

There's more to it between Chloe and Nicole. This makes the second time Chloe gets pregnant by the man Nicole has been interested in. At first it was Daniel who later found Parker was Daniel's not Philip's.

Then now there is Deimos who Nicole is interested in, who just admitted she can't have kids to, to find out the same woman her bff is pregnant with his child. I think some jealousy may occur with Nicole. Let alone when Chloe was unstable mentally she viciously threw that in Nicole's face before.

I hope it's a girl. We are beginning to have too many boys brewing already with Thomas and Tate.

Back