Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Sept. 10, 2015

I had to fast forward the stuff with Bo. I do that with all torture on TV shows.
It freaks me out.... reminds me of Good Friday.

Great surprise seeing John and Marlena's townhouse. Too bad Brady
didn't bring Tater Tot with him for a visit. I guess Marlena took cooking
lessons when she was alone :)

Sad to watch Eve. I'm glad she has someone to be with her.

So Hope and Aiden's wedding will be in November. Will someone
show up before they say "I Do" ?

I'm really enjoying seeing the old sets brought back, Hope and Bo's house and the Penthouse. I catch myself thinking I'm 20 years younger...until I try to get up off the sofa and the creaking and aches and pains tell me I' not!":rotfl:.

Kassie DePaiva's (Eve) portrayal of a grieving mother has been quite good yesterday and today...until the very last scene when I started yelling at the tv "NO, NO, NO, NO more grief sex!" I honestly thought we were past all that!

So even though Aiden is working for Stefano, which we don't know exactly why yet, and he has to marry Hope, is there part of him that has actually fallen in love with her and wants to marry her, or is it all an act?

Sophierose: I am with you 100% about torture acts. I cannot even listen with my eyes closed. I just am not able to deal with them. I kept trying to get past this stuff today, but it was difficult to get through the torture and also watch the Patriots/Pittsburgh game!! I think I'm fighting a losing battle with myself about Hope & Aiden. I was so happy for her and now, I'm afraid she's either going to take one look at Bo and melt or if she sticks with her choice of Aiden, he'll be done in somehow by Stefano.

Aiden insists they really have nothing on Chad, but Justin claims he is a material witness, therefore he can hold him for a few days (isn't it 72 hrs.?) and so is going to do so.

If the killer is smart, everyone in Salem will be safe for 72 hours. :) I wonder if Chad knows about Stefano's secret jail-escape passage?

JS, did you notice the frou-frou dress displayed in the window behind Eve/Justin's HTS table? :)

Re Kate/Theresa's candy bar eating, I guess the writers do sometimes read our comments.

Brady and Nicole versus Kate and Theresa to buy out Basic Black should be VERY interesting!

One thing Kate and Theresa have in common, they love to commit attempted murder on men with fire place pokers lol. Kate thinking she killed Victor hitting him with a fire poker and Theresa almost killing John. I can see Kate basically being Theresa's new Anne as a fellow employee and cover up her screw ups.

I don't mind Eve finding "comfort" in Justin like Adrienne found "comfort" in Lucas before. At least is being sexual with a man who at least is near her own age.

I loved seeing Theresa and Kate today. It might improve Theresa's character to have a mentor like Kate. I still want them to work with Nicole at Basic Black as a three way ownership. I would enjoy wathcing the three of them interact. I did think Theresa was very forward approaching John for running Basic Black. She has a very short memory from last summer.

It was nice to see the townhouse again and Brady coming by to see John and Marlena. I thought Marlena did not know how to cook. Did she cater the dinner in?

I felt that Kassie DePaiva's (Eve) performance over the past few days was really good showing Eve's grief for Paige. However, she should have had a scene with Theresa to discuss her grief. They may not be very close, but Theresa was Paige's aunt and Eve's only other relative in town. Eve should have also called Shane and Kim. I liked the scenes with Justin and Eve until they very end. As another poster said, we do not need to see anymore grief sex.

I have not been missing Daniel and he just had to show up today and put in his opinion that Nicole should not accept the money Brady is loaning her for Basic Black. It's good yo see Nicole make her own decision for herself and not listen to him.

I felt bad for Chad locked up today. The killer will probably hold off killing anybody else until Chad is out.

My poor Bo! I could do without those torture scenes.

However, she should have had a scene with Theresa to discuss her grief. They may not be very close, but Theresa was Paige's aunt and Eve's only other relative in town. Eve should have also called Shane and Kim.
I was really hoping we'd see Eve tell Theresa about Paige, and also a phone call to Shane and Kim, too.

I would guess that Roman would call his sister & brother-in-law.

And yes, if Eve (as she said) just did not want to be alone, her sister should have been a person for her to call. Heck, she had just left her. But then, if she had, there could/would not have Justin taking her home and .....her surprising him with that kiss.

A sex scene involving Eve will creep me out at this point. Note to Justin: The "any port in a storm" theory does not always apply! :eek:

Re Kate's comment to Nicole about taxes, I don't think law suit awards are taxable, but it's true her donation to charity will offset her salary, and interest/dividends gained from EJ's $5,000,000. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still hoping Justin will back down, and so will Eve. Eve will realize she is just trying to stop feeling the pain. And even if she doesn't, Justin needs to act like a gentleman, cause in this instance, even though Eve initiated the kiss, I feel Justin would be taking advantage of her. After all, she is drunk, she's in pain (and yes, the actress is doing a terrific job) and Justin should see that. Then again, Justin has not been himself lately, as he ? still, I don't think the new writers will have a grief sex scene, as it is too reminiscent of the old writers. Or so I hope...

And I'm also in total agreement about the torture scenes : enough, now, we get it, Bo is being held captive, now, make it stop ! I'm glad Bo is back, and I'm glad the new writing team are trying to correct the terrible hack job the previous writers did, but now, let's move on.

As far as the rest is concerned, I sure hope Theresa does not succeed in buying Basic Black. With or without Kate. I want Nicole and Brady to buy it. And Daniel to just mind his business and stop using the word "paw"... I know it's probably an inside joke between the actors who play Nicole and Daniel, but it's been done once, more than that is weird. Anyway, back to topic, Nicole can later hire Theresa. But no more. Again, if someone can somewhat redeem Theresa (and I don't even think she can be completely redeemed), it's Nicole, certainly not Kate.

Back