Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Sept. 25, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, September 25, 2014

And so, let the alliances & backstabbing begin. Kate is at DiMansion, being greeted by Sami, who wants to talk a bit. Doesn't take Kate even a few seconds to realize Sami has invited EJ back into her bed. She calls her on it, warns her what a fool she is, asking if she has forgotten all that EJ has done to her.

Over at the Club, Clyde (who has shaved off the beard and mustache now) has come to see Ben. Chad slips in unseen, and listens to the conversation. Ben is cold to Clyde, who admits he is having dinner with a beautiful lady, Ben feels sorry for her. Clyde thanks Ben for giving the money to his sister. He appreciates it. Chad comes up then, commenting on "so that is where the money came from". He introduces himself as owner of the club with Sonny, and Clyde introduces himself as Ben's daddy. He leaves, Chad tries to apologize to Ben, who isn't too receptive.

EJ spies Abby on the phone, leaving a message for her mom, thanking her for making the chicken. Ben will love it. She grabs the big picnic basket, EJ stops her, letting her know that he & Sami have reconciled. Abby is not impressed, and more or less tells EJ to get lost...that neither Ben, her family is none of his business, and if he sees her anywhere, don't even look at her, just keep going.

Abby arrives at the club, sees Chad & Ben, quickly asks if Ben is ready to go. Yep, he will get his jacket. She talks to Chad a bit, who mentions Ben's father being there, that the money was his for Ben to give to his sister, and how he did not know Ben had family in town. She knew there was a simple explanation. Ben returns, they leave.
And now Chad gets a call from Daddy dearest, who wonders how everything is going. Very well, just as we planned, replies Chad. Stefano asks if he & EJ have buried the hatchet.....Nope. Then if he made the pact with Kate. Yep, piece of cake. Are you sure? Because Kate is one very smart woman. Chad grins, oh, she bought it.

In John's hospital room, a bit of a change from yesterday, as Theresa mutters, it is now or never, holds the hypo, taking off the cap, but John opens his eyes, says her name. She quickly shoves the hypo back in her purse (!!!!!), exclaiming..Mr. Black, you are awake. Brady comes in with the blanket, asks what Theresa is doing there. She says just checking on John, who now says to Brady that he was saying hello to Theresa. Brady is happy John knows who she is. Why not, says John. Met her yesterday at her apartment, just after I got back. (looks as though John has lost a large chunk of time). You can see the relief on Theresa's face, as Brady realizes his Dad doesn't remember what happened. Now John gets a bit agitated, wanting to know why he is there, what happened. Maxine comes in, administers a sedative that Daniel ordered just in case. She warns Brady that it is best for John right now if he is not told any specifics.
Brady & Theresa have coffee, he is a bit upset, she is going on and on about not telling John the truth about that night, since he doesn't remember. Just tell him he fell, hit his head or something. Brady wonders why she is carrying on about this, she is not affected. She makes up a silly excuse about having been there, but Brady knows he was drunk and high, and is taking responsibility.

Hope is telling Caroline she is filing for divorce. Caroline is not too happy, but Hope says she has not told either of her children, but wanted Caroline to know. Bo has been gone 2 years, he deserted his family, has decided that whatever he is doing is more important than they are. Caroline understands. As Hope is about to leave, Aiden comes bursting in, wanting to make sure everything is still set for their date tomorrow. She is trying unsucessfully to get him to stop babbling, and finally he sees Caroline standing to the side, not at all pleased over what she just heard. He goes outside to check on Chase, while Caroline rants at Hope, that she did not mention this "date" with Aiden, and that must be why she is getting the divorce. Hope denies this, tries to tell Caroline it is just lunch, but Caroline is angry and storms off.
Hope leaves, Aiden is waiting outside, sorry for his blunder, but tis o.k. She will be there tomorrow, promise!

Abby & Ben have their picnic supper in the park, get to making out rather strongly. He pulls away, too public here, then mentions that the room he rents.....no guests. She notes she cannot march him past her mom & brother at her house. So, they will have to make a plan of some kind. Yep. They sit then, and gaze at the stars.

Kate arrives for dinner with Clyde, surprised at his freshly shaven face, almost did not recognize him. He figures he cleans up pretty good. They play cat and mouse in their conversation. He shows her some fortune cookie paper about meeting a beautiful stranger who will change his life, and how very next day, she showed up, looking for him. He even mentions that this dinner was intended to seduce her. She says that might work in Poplar Bluff, not here. He replies that he did not mean sexually. LOL. And as they dine, he tells her he has money, would like to do some business with her. She asks if he is looking to invest, but now it is beat around the bush conversation, no idea what either one is contemplating, but she will think about it, and let him now.

And over to DiMansion, where Sami comes into the study to find candles and whatever, that EJ has fixed up. He tells her to look in the gift bag, wrapped one is for her, the other for him. She opens to find a huge, gorgeous diamond. He takes off her wedding ring, then his own, talking of how at their wedding....Sami is ahead of him, with how she was planning her revenge. So now, fresh start. He gets down on one knee, asks Samantha Gene Brady (Hey, the CC spelled it RIGHT!!) to marry him. She makes him get up, says yes. He puts the ring on her finger as he starts a series of vows, some funny, light hearted, some serious (I vow to give you a big spoon for when you want to stir up trouble. I vow to tango with you literally and figuratively every single day of our lives, I vow to hold you when you cry......)
She is touched, and it takes a bit, as she reminds him that he has done horrible things to her, hurt her, and she has hurt him. But those things are what brought them to this. To where they are now. He had brought out that letter she wrote to him from jail, had talked of it, and she now tells him she meant every word. She cannot breathe without him. Cannot sleep without hearing his heartbeat next to her. She loves him, puts the ring on his finger. He grabs her, kisses her, she shrieks a bit when he bends her over in the kiss. and kisses him back.

Theresa sits alone, very happy. She has told Brady she still cares about him, John doesn't remember a thing. She is one lucky lady, it will all work out.

At the hospital, John is having a dream, he is sitting in front of Brady, trying to reason with him. He sees a female hand near a fireplace poker. Maxine comes in, John's heart is racing. What is wrong. John mumurs "a dream". She takes his pulse, he seems to be calming down. She asks what it was about...John is still a bit restless, mutters he can't remember.

Ooops, almost forgot a great line. Clyde asks kate if she is a movie buff. She admits she is. He then tells her he thinks "this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship", putting his hand over hers. She replies "Rick said that to Louis" as she gets up to leave.

That, for folks who don't know, is the very last lines in the movie "Casablanca". Humphrey Bogart as Rick, walks off in the fog with Claude Raine, who is Louis, the French Captain who has just decided to work with the underground forces now.

If Hope feels she's divorcing Bo for the right reasons then why try to hide her date with Aiden from Caroline? Whether it be their intention or not, the writers are making it seem like Hope is divorcing because she wants to be free to explore things with Aiden.

Now not only are they recycling confessions, they're recycling declarations of love. Alison Sweeney (Sami) said in SOD that she and James Scott (EJ) wrote the vows for Sami and EJ. I didn't find that letter believable the first time, and I'm not buying it this time. Sami slept just fine for years next to Lucas and Rafe.

Frankly, I found that whole scene very overdone. However, I know the fans of the couple probably really enjoyed it. I was glad to hear Sami mention that they each have done terrible things to each other, but EJ is far ahead of Sami in that respect. His claim of Loving her so much the moment he set eyes on her does not ring true, or else how could he possibly have done what he has, especially putting the Rafe clone in her bed. And Sami shot him (although that is not the way the story was supposed to go originally) in the head, intending to kill him. He blackmailed her about Will's shooting him, (and we all would sure like to know how he knew that, lol).
But the couple did the generic, "horrible things to each other" and then declare that those are what brought them there, made them stronger, blah, blah.
Honestly, I tried hard to understand it, and couldn't. And I know Sami has no idea of the extent of EJ's "horrible things he has done to her", and wonder how she would feel if she did?
Foolish on my part, as the writers/show obviously want to erase it all, have this couple ride off into the sunset together, having faced all kinds of adversity. If Sami thinks she is doing that, think again. Her mom & John have done that. THEY have the love story, the conquering adversity, hardships. Not Sami & EJ.

Whether it be their intention or not, the writers are making it seem like Hope is divorcing because she wants to be free to explore things with Aiden.
Good point. Hope is divorcing Bo because he has abandoned her and his daughter. She's not getting a divorced because of Aiden, but because of how long her husband, who rarely if ever contacts her, has been gone, and because there's no indication of if and when he'll ever return.

Ooops, almost forgot a great line. Clyde asks kate if she is a movie buff. She admits she is. He then tells her he thinks "this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship", putting his hand over hers. She replies "Rick [Humphrey Bogart] said that to Louis" as she gets up to leave.
Kate could also have said something like: "I'm very familiar with Humphrey Bogart, and you, Clyde, are no Humphrey Bogart."

EJ gave Sami a teardrop shaped diamond. LOL

He should have given her a heart shaped diamond, he keeps saying "I gave you my heart along time ago". LOL

I'm getting tired of Ben forming these life-long unbending grudges against people that have done NOTHING to him. I mean he hated Nick because he saw him arguing with Abigail, granted Nick was coming across as threatening but that doesn't change the fact that Nick never actually did anything to him personally. And now there's Chad; and I'll say it before and I'll say it again that envelope full of cash was suspicious and while Chad may have been acting like a jerk but Ben-who is Chad's employee was acting like a jerk as well.

I like Ben but he only seems to have two modes either super protective of Jordan and Abigail or he's a growling pit bull. At this stage he just comes across as one-note and is getting stale. I realize his behavior is caused by the way he was brought up but since the reasons why he was brought up the way he was continue to be locked up tighter than Fort Knox it's becoming increasingly hard to care.

Frankly, I found that whole scene very overdone. However, I know the fans of the couple probably really enjoyed it. I was glad to hear Sami mention that they each have done terrible things to each other, but EJ is far ahead of Sami in that respect. His claim of Loving her so much the moment he set eyes on her does not ring true, or else how could he possibly have done what he has, especially putting the Rafe clone in her bed. And Sami shot him (although that is not the way the story was supposed to go originally) in the head, intending to kill him. He blackmailed her about Will's shooting him, (and we all would sure like to know how he knew that, lol).
But the couple did the generic, "horrible things to each other" and then declare that those are what brought them there, made them stronger, blah, blah.
Honestly, I tried hard to understand it, and couldn't. And I know Sami has no idea of the extent of EJ's "horrible things he has done to her", and wonder how she would feel if she did?
Foolish on my part, as the writers/show obviously want to erase it all, have this couple ride off into the sunset together, having faced all kinds of adversity. If Sami thinks she is doing that, think again. Her mom & John have done that. THEY have the love story, the conquering adversity, hardships. Not Sami & EJ.

Writers forget--or never knew--the past. If they can have a woman have twins after a hysterectomy, they can do anything!!!!

Did Abby and Ben's discussion about where to have sex weird anyone else out? They are both in their early to mid-20's and it came off as if they are high school teenagers sneaking around so their parents won't find out. Abby actually mentioned not being able to sneak Ben past her mom and brother and Ben rents a place where he's not allowed guests. This has been a week of "get the heck out of here" dialogue if ever there were a week.

Abby should have asked EJ if she and Ben could use one of the dozens of bedrooms in the DiMansion!

And there's always the old standby....Horton Cabin on Smith Island.

Not to mention, they could have a hot hookup in a room no one ever uses: Jen-Jen's office.

Here's a thought, how about Ben and Abby get a room. Literally, get a room! Salem Inn does rent those by the night, although I'm sure Abby would be against staying all night because Jen would be worried if she didn't come home. Gabi and Abby should have been roommates, if for no other reason, so that Abby would have a place to take boys. If they do have sex, I can't wait to see where it happens. Sonny better keep an eye on his inventory closet.

They won't unless there is a reason for two people to accidentally meet up.....lol

It will probably be Daniel & Jennifer in November Sweeps when they reunite for the millionth time, make love, and he saves her life with another miracle surgery again.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the summary. EJ & Sami--:sick:
I'm liking this stuff with Brady and John. But Theresa is being way to obvious; she needs to get her act together.
Chad and Stefano in cahoots--loving it!
Ben and Abigail also seemed childish to me, talking about where to make love. That's something for high schoolers to do, as someone here already mentioned.
Clyde and Kate are getting interesting.

Back