Days Of Our Lives- Thursday, 10/16/14

Today and yesterday gave me the Chad I'm interested in seeing showing some depth and humanity. I was sooo tired of the attitude with legs. Yes let him have an edge that's fine but IMO it had quickly become boring and one note when that was all we were seeing.

I was moved during the scenes with Sami and Johnny the poor kid. But I was reminded of something that's been bothering me does it seem jarring to anybody else that Allie and Johnny are supposed to be twins but Allie seems so much older? At first I thought maybe it could have just been a case of the girl who plays Allie having a growth spurt and therefore was quite a bit taller then Johnny as happens sometimes. But she seems to be written as older I mean Johnny still refers to his parents as "mommy and daddy" which I associate more with kids who are four and five where usually once kids hit school age they shorten it to "mom and dad.
Then you have Allie in a vlog to Will and Sonny referring to a boy she met at camp as "awesome sauce." It's a nitpick I know but it kind of bugs me. LOL

My grandma says that all the time--that Allie seems older than Johnny, her supposed twin.

The actress playing Eve is only 6 years younger than the actor who plays her father, Shane. Similarly, I believe there is only a 13 year age difference between Lauren Koslow(Kate) and Bryan Dattilo(Lucas). Even a smaller age difference with Patrick Muldoon(Austin). So age means nothing on soaps.

We are not talking about real life we are talking about soap factors. Jordan clearly was supposed to portray someone in her early 30s it says that and Ben is supposed to play someone in Abby's age mid 20's. The girl couldn't of been able to reproduce at such a young age it is not possible humanly. With Kate and Billie, Kate is supposed to be 60s likely and Billie late 40s as Kate had her kids young with Curtis even though the actors Lisa Rinna and Lauren Koslow are near the same age.

If they had Charlotte Ross as Eve it would make more sense but we are pretending there ages are the same as Days history not by the actors real age. It would not make sense at all. I would stop watching Days if they made that an actual storyline it's way to absurd worst then the Marlena serial killer storyline.

Ben and Jordan clearly look about 5-7 years apart from age, they look like they can even be a item, it would seem almost like Passions to make them mother and son which would be something off a Maury Povich show. I wouldn't be able to buy it nor would other viewers.

We are not talking about real life we are talking about soap factors. Jordan clearly was supposed to portray someone in her early 30s it says that and Ben is supposed to play someone in Abby's age mid 20's. The girl couldn't of been able to reproduce at such a young age it is not possible humanly. With Kate and Billie, Kate is supposed to be 60s likely and Billie late 40s as Kate had her kids young with Curtis even though the actors Lisa Rinna and Lauren Koslow are near the same age.

If they had Charlotte Ross as Eve it would make more sense but we are pretending there ages are the same as Days history not by the actors real age. It would not make sense at all. I would stop watching Days if they made that an actual storyline it's way to absurd worst then the Marlena serial killer storyline.

Ben and Jordan clearly look about 5-7 years apart from age, they look like they can even be a item, it would seem almost like Passions to make them mother and son which would be something off a Maury Povich show. I wouldn't be able to buy it nor would other viewers.

Which is what Heather was saying in the post you quoted, that the actors' ages have nothing to do with the ages of the characters they're portraying. I'm pretty sure whoever mentioned Jordan being Ben's mother was kidding (I hope so, anyway, because that's a huge stretch, even for Days).

Just for the record, the twins were all born in 2005. The girls in Feb., the boys in april. So, they are the same age. Either the Kunitz twins (boys who play Johnny) are just short for their age) or the Rose twins (who play Allie) did have an early growth spurt.
And, they are 9 years old.

Finally got a chance to watch yesterday's show...some things that stood out to me..

Really liked Chad and Sami's interaction. But as someone already mentioned, could Sami be more of a hypocrite? I mean, she is the one that started the 'destroy EJ' drama and even sent the article to Chad. But now, it's all his fault? Smack my head.

And was Sami's shirt inside out? It kept bothering me because I could see the tags...not sure if that was done on purpose to show how distraught she was...but it was distracting to me.

So Paige gets birth control today and is ready to do the horizontal mambo? Did her doctor not explain that it does not work on day one?

I love Daniel and JJ's relationship. I'm glad JJ has a male he can get advice from. And Daniel's description of Jack was very nice.

Aiden & Hope...sigh. I love these two.

edited to write out text-speak phrase....JS

Maybe Ciara doesn't want Hope to date Aiden because she's got a crush on Aiden's son and doesn't want to worry about him becoming her stepbrother someday!

That wouldn't bother her! This is Salem, where Brady bedded his almost-stepmother and is now in bed with a woman he once believed to be his cousin!

Back