Days of Our Lives Thursday 4/3/2014

S

Sparkster

Beautiful Wedding today! Have your tissues handy. :cry:

The wedding ceremony begins as Marlena welcomes everyone to this joyous occasion, the marriage of Jackson Kiriakis and William Horton. She says that Will and Sonny have written their own vows and they invited some special people to speak. She calls Caroline up first. It appears as though Caroline isn’t sure what’s going on at first and people start to worry. Eric tells Caroline she’s up but she seems confused. Will walks over to her and tells her maybe this was too much for her. But she call him Will and points and says Sonny and goes up to the podium to speak. She starts to tell a story about Robert and James who ran a specialty shop by the fish market and were some of their first customers at the Pub, they’d order the same beer every time and toast each other for getting through another day at the docks. Everyone looks around at each other nervously not knowing what is going on. She talks of how well the two got along. Then one day Robert was at the bar by himself, while James was there with his family, as if he didn’t know Robert. Robert sat by himself but poured two beers, one for himself and one for James. Caroline and Shawn were confused. They were always together those two. And why were those people calling him Jimmy, he’s James. Then it hit her…they were gay…but unable to be public about it. She wasn’t sure what upset her more, James’s family acting like that or the sadness on Robert and James’s faces. As she speaks, they pan the room…not a dry eye in the house. Caroline turns to Will and Sonny and says she’s so glad the world is changing now and they can proudly show their love for each other. She wishes them a lifetime of laughter and finishing each other’s sentences. Everyone claps as Caroline takes her seat.

Next Justin speaks. He talks of how they caught Sonny as a young boy up on a tree limb. He was never afraid to go after what he wanted. He needed to learn about using caution. That sense of fearlessness was put to good use when at 15 Sonny came out to his parents. He did so with such a sense of confidence and maturity. Justin is happy that Sonny found a partner in life to share with and be by his side.

Then Lucas gets up to speak. He says how easy and smooth it was for Sonny to come out to his family and jokes how it was exactly the same way with Will, no drama whatsoever. Everyone chuckles. He talks of how rational he and Sami are. LOL. Will had it tough growing up but he and Sami can agree that Will is the best thing they could ask for, he was a better son than they deserve. When Will came out, first Sami had a moment, and then he did. He ignorantly thought this was just some state of confusion Will was going through. It was not the life he dreamed his son would have growing up but it’s better than anything he could have hoped for finding true love and happiness. He’s so proud to call Will his son. Father/son hug to a round of applause. Sami tearfully smiles and claps.

Sonny says how most people never have to think about why they can get married. They did. They looked back in history and with the help of JJ and Abigail, put together photos and moments of people that paved the way. Will thanks everyone for all their support for the two of them. Marlena says let’s make this official. Sonny begins his vows. He talks of loving adventure, been on the edge, travelled, etc. He tells Will he’s his anchor that doesn’t weigh him down. He loves being able to come home to Will, says their life together is the adventure he now looks forward to, tells him he loves him and can’t wait to start a life with him and Arianna. Then Will says he doesn’t quite have the same penchant for adventure as Sonny. He did some pretty messed up things growing up, didn’t think about his future. He felt like his own skin was a coat too heavy. He realized who he really was once he came out and found Sonny. He quotes Ian Forrester as true love as two imperfect souls coming together to form something perfect. He respects, admires, adores, and loves Sonny. Time to exchange rings. They both go through the standard vows and exchange rings. Marlena puts her hand over theirs and says may the love you share be the bond that brings you strength, comfort, and joy all the days of your lives. She pronounces them husbands for life. Kiss! Everyone cheers and claps as balloons fall from the ceiling.

Now the reception begins. Sami tells Will how proud she is of him. He says he got lucky but she reminds him how wonderful he is. He says she and dad taught him how much family matters and it’s worth fighting for. Sami is so glad that he has someone in his life to take care of him.

Victor and Maggie tell Caroline what a wonderful speech she gave. She thanks Victor for holding the ceremony here. He says his house is always open to family.

Cute scene where Ciara checks out Theresa’s purse.

Eric hugs Marlena and tells her what a wonderful job she did officiating. Marlena asks where Nicole is. She had to work but would be happy to know she would have been welcome.

Outside Jordan is taking a picture of Gabi and Abigail. They chitchat. EJ and Sami happen by canoodling. EJ and Abby exchange looks. Abby goes to leave but Sami wants to thank her for helping make this day so special for Will and Sonny. Gabi mentions EJ and Sami’s wedding coming up. Abigail looks upset.

Time for the first dance. JJ plays his guitar while Will and Sonny dance. Tender kiss. Later EJ tells the happy couple that he handled covering the honeymoon suite at the Salem Inn for them. Now Marlena and Roman come over. Apparently they were talking to Carrie and Austin. They were sick to have missed the wedding but the little one couldn’t fly with an ear infection. Sonny says maybe they can go visit them soon.

Theresa confronts Jennifer about talking smack. She needs to back off. Jen says she knows Theresa is responsible for all those comments about her but Theresa says there are more people out there who hate her so she should watch out. Abigail pulls Jen away and JJ tells Theresa to leave his mother alone. Theresa turns to leave in a huff and runs smack into one of the wait staff with a tray full of appetizers landing all over her. Everyone laughs at her. Later she is up in one of the bedrooms cleaning up. Brady comes in. They chat and soon start kissing. Roman walks in saying what da hell is this? He starts in on Brady about looking after his niece. He leaves. Theresa apologizes for her gossipy cop uncle. Brady wants to make a getaway from the party and suggests they take the back stairs.

Sami and Adrienne ding their glasses, both with the idea to give the first toast. Will and Sonny glance at each other nervously. Both mothers think they should speak first. The guys tell them to do it together so they alternate telling them how wonderful they are together, etc. The two women then start one-upping each other, Sami and EJ setting up the hotel room tonight, Adrienne and Justin paying for a real honeymoon, Sami offering to help them find their first house. Justin and EJ break up the ensuing cat fight and toast to Will and Sonny.

Kate talks to Will alone outside. He confronts her about her feelings re: asking Marlena to marry them. Kate assures him it’s alright and that Marlena was really there for him when he was coming out. He says Kate taught him to always stand up for himself. They hug.

Now the grooms cut the cake. Then they do the receiving line and then get glitter thrown at them from the guests as they walk out the door together. They kiss outside the door.

And the rest: Daniel/Nicole/Liam

Meanwhile, Daniel and Nicole arrive at Jennifer’s as Liam, who has broken in, makes a quick dash to the floor to hide. Daniel goes upstairs for the toys for Parker and Nicole is playing with her phone and casually walks into the living room. She’s about to spot Liam but gets a call from Miles and goes outside for better reception. Liam gets up and sneaks into the kitchen just as Nicole comes back in and Daniel comes down with a box of toys. Nicole spots Jennifer’s check book and makes fun of what a mess it is. Daniel laughs that he and Jen already had a conversation about this. They take off. Liam comes out of hiding.

Back at Daniel’s, Nicole shows him a picture on her phone of Will and Sonny walking down the aisle. Nicole talks of how she can’t wait to plan her wedding. Daniel looks uneasy and recalls his conversation with Eric. Nicole blathers on and can tell Daniel is far away in thought. He poo poos it. They leave for lunch. Liam lurks around, then uses his key to gain entry to Daniel’s. He has Jennifer’s checkbook and puts it into the box Daniel had brought over, then says there’s one more thing.

Now Daniel and Nicole are at the Club eating lunch. She gabs about wedding details. He wonders if she’s getting ahead of herself. She thinks he’s talked to Eric and knows something. Meanwhile, Eric approaches Jennifer at the reception saying that Daniel and Nicole are at the club and maybe they should join them. She loves it and goes to say goodbye to Sonny and Will. Later they come walking into the club interrupting Daniel and Nicole’s conversation. Nicole turns to Eric demanding to know what he told Daniel about them. Now just the two of them, Eric nervously wonders what Daniel said. She says it’s about them getting married, is there something he’s not telling her? He admits there is something. Back at Daniel’s, Jen notices the box of toys and finds her checkbook in there. She asks why he has it. Meanwhile Liam has planted a listening device somewhere and can hear them.

As other posters have said, Days can do weddings very well, and the Will-Sonny event was no exception. The speech by Caroline was certainly a nice touch. Unfortunately, certain guests were their usual selves. Couldn't Theresa have taken a break from her war against prissy Jen, and did she and Brady really have to resume their erotic adventures in an upstairs bedroom? As for Ciara, she continues to show that she's cultivating expensive tastes, admiring the brat girl's pricy handbag. Hopefully, she doesn't grow up to be a gold digger. On the subject of Liam, this guy gets sicker all the time. He's combining all the worst qualities of EJ and Tricky Nicky, with his break-ins and now electronic listening devices. Everybody is going to end up hating this guy, but Nick should get down on his knees and thank God for his appearance in Salem. Now there's somebody in town who's creepier than he is. Finally, Carrie and Austin may be "sick" over missing the wedding, but those Days viewers who recall her stint as "Princess Hag" and his as the clueless college instructor would have been a trifle sicker had this couple actually appeared.

I'm just so glad for a mention of the Carrie/Austin child! I mean, the kid's only what, a year old by now? Sheesh.... I swear this is a case of the writing staff finally getting the message about this after reading the boards but since their taping is SO far in advance it took until now for it to come into the script. :rolleyes:

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. I loved all the looks on everyone's faces as Caroline spoke. It started out as confusion, then worry she was just off on some non-relevant tangent, to a poignant understanding of the point she was making with her story. Justin and Lucas were great too. I was laughing at Sami and Adrienne trying to out-duel each other. The looks on EJ's and Justin's faces when the two ladies started offering to pay for pricey honeymoons and houses was hysterical. Maxine was really funny too when she laughed about Theresa getting the food all over her. Ha. I'm glad they finally had a "moment" with EJ/Abigail exchanging looks.

Great show today. The wedding ceremony was very well directed for the most part. They kept panning to the appropriate people in the audience whenever someone was speaking(i.e. Jennifer when Lucas was speaking; Roman with Caroline, etc). However, I did notice the majority of the camera shots today were on Sami and some with EJ lurking behind her. They should have been focused on Sonny and Will. Beautifully done wedding overall though.

I thought it was incredibly rude of Jennifer and Eric to leave early.

Well played TPTB with mentioning Carrie and Austin's child yet not revealing the sex. But at least they were mentioned. No mention of John Black.

I'm still disappointed we didn't get a scene of EJ and Abby alone today. I'm hoping he hunts her down tomorrow to apologize.

Enjoyed Roman following Theresa upstairs and sitting with Kate. Still don't understand why they couldn't include Kayla in the wedding festivities.

Liam downloaded the photo of Jen and the kids off the computer. What else did he download is the question? Stealing the checkbook is child's play.

Loved Daniel playfully hitting Nicole with Parker's new toy.

I guess starving people in Salem pick at large plates of salad that are served at coffee houses/night clubs. :rolleyes:

Still don't understand why they couldn't include Kayla in the wedding festivities.
She got called into the hospital. Maybe Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) couldn't be there the days they were going to shoot the wedding scenes so they wrote in the scene where she got the call from the hospital.

I liked when Daniel and Nicole were joking with one another as they left his apartment and she called him "Jonas" and he referred to her as "Legs".

I know that Kayla got called into the hospital. I just wonder if it was her decision based on other commitments or if TPTB couldn't include anyone else.

I thought it was just so stupid that Daniel and Nicole couldn't be at the wedding or at least show up for the reception. It happens all the time, people that can't make the ceremony but come to the reception. And they weren't even working during the ceremony, which was their excuse as to why they couldn't go. Stupid! I too thought it was very rude of Eric and Jennifer to leave early from their nephews' wedding.

I found this wedding to be very well done! So many weddings lately have been interrupted or a disaster and this one was very nice to watch. I loved the speeches, especially Caroline's and Lucas'. Okay I just am at the part where Theresa got hit with the tray of food...good one! I still think Nicole and Dr. Dan have way more chemistry the Nicole/Eric or Jen/Dan do.

Oh, wow, now THAT was an absolutely fantastic, beautiful, heartfelt, wonderful wedding! Except for too much sparkle on the ladies, and the too short dresses, everything was truly perfect. Anyone know who wrote this episode. I cannot find credits anywhere.

I loved how when Caroline was confused at first about getting up to speak, that everyone thought her mind was wandering as she spoke. I really loved how the guests were brought to tears at times, even a few of the men. I loved Justin & Lucas's speeches as well. Truly, it was just lovely. I have not yet seen most of the reception, but agree that it was rude of Eric & Jen to leave when they did, as they really had nothing pressing, and instead, if they knew Daniel & Nicole were at the Club, should have called them, telling them to come join the gang.

An afternoon wedding ....should the female guests perhaps be in brocade, linen, instead of sequins and strapless satin??
I think all the men looked handsome, properly groomed and in appropriate attire. They looked so good.
Cannot say the same for all the women.
But I liked what Caroline wore, and also Maggie. The kids looked great.

So Liam took advantage of all the talk of the checkbook to take it over to Daniel's and throw it in the box of toys. And Liam has planted a listening device. This is the man, whose job required him to be on the road constantly, and suddenly he is in Salem forever??? Hmmmm.

Sparks.....thank you so very much. Having a blizzard outside right now, so am happy to have been able to get to town and home before it got bad.

So Liam took advantage of all the talk of the checkbook to take it over to Daniel's and throw it in the box of toys.
I'm guessing Daniel might think when he took a few of the toys out of the box to look at, he accidentally scooped up the checkbook when he put them back in the box.

Poirot all 3 days of the wedding were written by Melissa Salmons.

Peggy McCay (Caroline) and Freddie Smith (Sonny) tore me down with their emotion today. Freddie said in an interview that he didn't read any of the speeches before they were filmed because he wanted his reaction to be authentic. So those tears we saw from Sonny today during Caroline's speech were the real thing.

I won't try to point out anything else specifically that I liked about the wedding because I truly loved every single moment of it. The last 3 days have been absolutely beautiful as has Will and Sonny's journey to the alter.

"I wish you a lifetime of happiness and of finishing each other's sentences" - Caroline Brady

"May the love you share be the bond that brings you strength, and comfort, and joy all the DAYS of your lives." - Marlena Evans. :cry:

I had a hunch Ms. Salmons was the writer after what you noted the other day, Cryin. It truly was perfect, and I loved every single minute. I also read Freddie Smith's comments about not wanting to read the scripts, etc. and I admit I watched for his reactions. Truly an extremely well written episode...they all were, and kudos to Days, Melissa Salmons and the cast for caring so much...it showed to us all, the viewers who love this show.

And Melissa Salmons being the writer also explains why these 3 episodes were so heavy on Sami and EJ…I believe she is the one who wrote the "letter" episode

Back