Days of Our Lives - Thursday 7/16/15

S

Sparkster

JJ tells Kyle he doesn’t want him hanging out with Paige. He says it’s none of his business. Paige walks up and agrees telling JJ to get the hell out of her life. Paige says this is her loser ex-boyfriend and don’t believe a word from him as he’s a liar. Kyle says whatever is going on between you two is none of my business and he takes off. Paige rips into JJ about butting into her life and tells him to stay away from her. He says he’s trying to do just that. He then tells her to get a brain and says for someone so smart she’s really stupid. She slaps him. He just wants to warn her about Kyle saying he’s bad news and she should stay away from him. He accepts things are over between them but he won’t let her make this mistake with Kyle. She says he’s right about him being out of her life. JJ walks away as Paige tells him to say hi to her mom.

Aiden is on the phone making romantic reservations for him and Hope at some hotel for their anniversary.

Nicole and Eric continue their talk about keeping their little secret from Daniel as Serena eavesdrops. Nicole wonders if he’s going to tell Daniel or not. He says he wouldn’t hurt her and says he’s got to go and leaves. Serena comes out of hiding and Nicole gets a look like she knows Serena was spying on them. Nicole says everywhere she turns there’s Serena. They go back and forth trading barbs and calling each other names. Aiden walks up asking if everything is ok. Nicole says just the person I wanted to see. She introduces him to Serena telling him she’s the one who used Eric and worked with Xander who tried to slow cook her and Eric. She’s thinking about going for a civil suit against Xander and Serena. Aiden pulls Nicole aside saying if she has a prayer in this case she needs to learn when to shut her mouth. He leaves. Nicole and Serena continue their bickering. Serena isn’t scared about her stupid lawsuit. Nicole says that’s the least of her worries and she has another thing. She talks about using her job at the station to out Serena. Nicole harps on her about the blood diamonds and how there are children’s blood on her hands and no degree of separation is going to wash it off. She used an innocent man to smuggle those in and then slept with him to get them back. Serena compares Nicole’s work to the National Enquirer and no one will care. Nicole disagrees. She knows Serena still cares about Eric and what he thinks of her and after she’s through with her Eric won’t ever forgive Serena. Nicole leaves.

Jennifer picks up her drink as Eve spies on her. Jen takes a sip but it tastes funny. She takes it back to the place she got it from and tells them it tastes weird. They offer another but she declines and walks away. Eve is ticked off. She turns around and runs into Eric. They chat about his ordeal and then Eve starts talking about his website until Jen rushes in to hug Eric so excited to see him. Eve once again looks mad. Jennifer gushes about what he went through and glad he’s ok. Eve takes her leave. Eric and Jennifer continue discussing what happened to him. They start talking about work stuff and then she takes off. Eve walks back over and insinuates herself into Eric’s life suggesting they have dinner and talk about his photos. He says he has to go back to his place and invites her over.

At Daniel’s Hope spots the engagement ring. She apologizes saying she didn’t mean to see it. He asks if she likes it. She says it’s exquisite. He wants her to keep this to herself. She asks if he’s really going to ask Nicole to marry him. He knows they had their ups and downs but he’s ready to do this. Hope thinks he’s going to ask her tonight and wonders where the candles and champagne are. He says he’s going to wait a bit. She’s skeptical about it all and he can tell she’s not thrilled about it. Daniel thinks Hope thinks it’s a bad idea. She thinks it might be a bit rushed. He understands how she feels but says he came close to losing Nicole and isn’t going to let that happen again. Hope says he deserves to be happy and she looks forward to dancing at their wedding but if Nicole screws this up she’s an idiot. Hope gets ready to leave. He mentions the Xander case and can’t believe he’s connected to that animal. She reminds him to hide the ring. Hope takes off for her date with Aiden.

Eve and Eric arrive at his place. Chit-chat and talk of heating up leftovers for dinner. Eve apparently cooked up something delicious, says she added hot sauce. He starts looking for that photo she was looking for. She picks up a photo of Serena noting how lovely she is but can see she touched a nerve. Eric explains he let his guard down and should have never trusted her. Eve asks if she was involved in what happened with him and Nicole. He says Serena has other crimes she needs to worry about answering to and she won’t get away with it. Sooner or later you have to pay for your crimes. Eve gets a guilty look on her face as she touches the pill bottle in her purse. Later she chooses a photo that she just loves saying how varied his work is. He mentions something about Jennifer giving him good ideas and this sets Eve off saying might as well just give her the Nobel Peace prize. He says she’s welcome in her home and knows she and Jen have their issues but he won’t tolerate her talking about his friend like that. She appreciates his directness. Eve says she knows there’s a part of her that’s crazy in her thinking about Jennifer but it doesn’t help that everyone in this town just LOVES her and thinks she can do no wrong. She talks about how it sends her to a dark place and she doesn’t want to go there. She needs to be there for her daughter. He appreciates that she feels she can open up to him. She thanks him for opening her eyes a bit too about her priorities. She leaves.

JJ returns home. Jen can see he’s upset assuming it’s about Paige. She tells him he has to figure out how to let her go. He understands that but there are people she is hanging out with that aren’t good for her and he’s scared. She tells him he needs to accept things and move on. He thinks there’s something else he can do.

Kyle comes up to Paige with a flower. He asks if she’s alright and wonders about her and JJ. She doesn’t want to talk about him and would rather talk about the two of them. He asks her to go somewhere more private. She says she has to get back to her dorm right now but looks forward to hanging out sometime.

JJ calls Kyle who thinks he’s still hung up on Paige. JJ says he’s through with her and he can have her. They switch to the topic of JJ helping Kyle with business.

Aiden is at the hotel suite waiting for Hope with candles, champagne, the works. He’s in a tux. She bursts into the room sorry she’s late, sees what he has set up and is taken aback. She immediately goes into his arms and kisses him. They clink champagne glasses and reminisce about their relationship and how things started. He asks if she knows what day it is and then offers a reminder holding up a dress bag. When they return to the scene, she comes out of the bathroom in a strapless white gown. He has turned on music and they start swaying together. He tells her it’s the one year anniversary of their dance at the gala together. She thinks this whole thing is beautiful and she’s so touched he remembered. He talks of how that moment he was no longer bitter and she’s made him so happy. Kiss. He takes her hand and asks for a dance. They begin dancing and then kissing. More dancing. He tells her he can’t imagine his life without her. She says he never has to worry about that. Kiss.

Nicole returns home to Daniel’s. They start unpacking together. She goes to put something in the drawer he put the ring in and he stops her. She wonders what he’s hiding but he makes excuses. She’s so excited to be living there with him. They hug and kiss.

Serena returns to her hotel room. She recalls the conversation she overheard between Eric and Nicole. Meanwhile Eric flashes back to kissing Nicole and saying I love you. Serena thinks perhaps she can use the info to tear apart Nicole and Daniel, as the camera shows those two undressing getting ready to do the do on the couch.

Hope says he deserves to be happy and she looks forward to dancing at their wedding but if Nicole screws this up she’s an idiot

Yep ! I can already see a new round of "let's spit on Nicole" coming real fast. Because we all know Nicole will get blamed for everything, everything will be blown out of proportion, because All Mighty Dan will get hurt, Eric will once again be mad at Nicole for God knows what, everybody will think Nicole "did something to him" also, and round and round we go. :beat::angry:

Is it too much to ask that Paige ends up dead in a drug deal gone bad?

I thought the Hope/Aiden scenes were very sweet. Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) looked H.O.T. in that tux. :love:I thought Hope's dress was pretty but seemed weird to me too like it was too big on her or something. I don't know maybe just the cut or style of it.

Everything else was really boring to me. It just seemed so random to have Hope interacting with Daniel about his love life with Nicole. What? :eek: And the Eric and Eve scenes were weird too although she's a little more tolerable in those than with Jennifer. I'm so ready for Serena to die or otherwise leave Salem. Seriously, buh-bye!

I thought the Hope/Aiden scenes were very sweet.... Everything else was really boring to me.
Yep, things are pretty bad in the drama department when an episode highlight is a couple silently dancing.
:rotfl:Eric will be mad at Nicole for "making" him keep the truth from Daniel.
Oh yes, he will. Eric will always find something to get angry over or obsess about. If Marlena is planning on a fun Brady Christmas in December, she might want to consider leaving Sami's twin off the guest list. Finally, a message for Bluebird; Get on a plane for Honolulu sooner rather than later. You're not under arrest, so why do you still roam around Salem getting into pointless confrontations with Nicole and Xander? Just go away and take Paigie-Poo with you!

I've been watching regularly for a year now and I'm pretty sure yesterday and today were the first time I've seen Hope and Daniel on screen together during that time. So those scenes made no sense to me at all. Has it been been established those two are buds? Or was this just a case of the writers saying "Hey, let's just throw these two into a scene together just because" which how it felt to me.

Let me see if I get this straight. Serena loves Eric. Eric used to love Serena but hates her now because of her lies and involvement with Xander who tried to kill him and Nicole. Since that near death experience Eric realizes he loves Nicole. Nicole on the other hand is in love with Daniel and is moving with him. If she is with Daniel this would potentially give Serena an opening to Eric. I know she has no real chance in heck but still you could argue that the potential opening is there.

So Nicole wants to be with Daniel. Serena wants to be with Eric the fact that he hates the sight of her be damned. But if Nicole is with Daniel, Eric isfree. So Serena's plan is to destroy Nicole and Daniel? Well that just makes all the sense in the world doesn't it? :clap:

WHAT THE WHAT!? Would it have absolutely have killed these writers to come up with something for Serena that made at least a minuscule amount of sense? I mean they created for her crying out loud!

I'm laughing right now just to keep from crying.

I enjoyed Hope and Aiden today especially their dance. This is what the show needs
to keep viewers. Romance :love:

I kept wondering why Hope was talking to Daniel the way she was. It's none
of her business what he does with his life.

I enjoyed Eric and Eve, but her theme music shouldn't have been used.
It's been awhile since Eric and Eve chatted. I hope their talk will make
Eve stop her plan to drug Jen.

I wish they hurry up with Clyde's story. It seems they bring it up every other week when Hope and Rafe appears. Then it dies down till they are on screen again. Meanwhile they really trying to get more mileage out Eric/Nicole, Tater Tot, Abby's, JJ/Paige/Eve plots. I find all way too boring.

Is it too much to ask that Paige ends up dead in a drug deal gone bad?...

Not as long as Paul and/or Kate are somehow collateral damage, LOL.

...WHAT THE WHAT!? Would it have absolutely have killed these writers to come up with something for Serena that made at least a minuscule amount of sense? I mean they created for her crying out loud!...
It probably would have killed them. They couldn't even do it to save their own jobs!! LOL

I think Daniel and Hope have shared scenes but not since the Dan/Jen breakup.

I'm really liking Hope and Aiden...and that's not good for anybody involved. My couples tend to end up in smoke. Like Lucas/Sami, John/Marlena, and Eve/JJ. :cry:

Thanks for the summary. I enjoyed this episode. It's been so long since Eric shared scenes with either Jennifer or Eve, so it was nice seeing the interactions there. Same goes for Hope and Daniel.

I LOVED the romance in the show between Hope & Aiden. With all the darkness going on at DOOL, this was a nice and sweet touch. On the other hand, JJ was great in telling the ever-annoying Paige that she needs to get a brain, but what she really needs to do is get out of dodge. I can't think of one person who enjoys her presence on our screens. And the fact that JJ is only doing this undercover thing for his ex-girlfriend is ridiculous.

Nicole and Serena's confrontations are yawn worthy. Moreover, as someone else pointed out, why is Serena still in town? Everyone hates her, Melanie left ages ago, and Xander is still in Salem and a major threat to her. If she's not under arrest, she should high tail out of Salem. And as someone else also mentioned above, her plan is silly. Why would she break up Daniel & Nicole? That would leave Nicole free to run straight into Eric's arms, which Serena wouldn't like. The only reason I can come up with that she would do this is simply to hurt Nicole. Or maybe the writers intend on her and Daniel having a grief romp as soon as the truth comes out...let's hope not!:sick:

I finally caught up on this one. I did FF a lot but LOVED the Hope and Aiden scenes! And that hotel room was bigger than the gala room LOL. As has already been stated, very romantic. That's what the show has been lacking.

The Eric and Eve scenes were ok but I can't get past the fact that they are stepcousins. I realize they can still be friends but some mention of family would have been nice, even if just mentioning Jeannie T or Andrew.

I did enjoy Eric overall today. He had some good one liners with Jen and I liked how animated he was when she told him she had another project for him. Nice to hear folks discussing work even if we don't see them working.

The final scene was interesting with Eric by the window. Seemed like new musical cues too. The directing overall in this one seemed a bit different.

I don't think anyone mentioned this.....My mouth dropped open when Jennifer came running up and practically pushed Eve out of the way, then started gushing all over Eric, until Eve finally made an excuse and walked away for a little while. I am no fan of Eve, by any means, and it's not unusual for Jennifer to be obnoxious, but this was ridiculous. She inserted herself right between Eric and Eve, who were having a conversation. I couldn't figure out whether she did it deliberately to irritate Eve or if she was really acting spontaneously, out of excitement to see Eric. Oh well, I usually fast forward Eve but I did enjoy her and Eric in this episode. I wonder if she will follow up on the spark of better judgment he seemed to set off in her.

Back