Days of Our Lives Thursday 7/24/2014

S

Sparkster

PART 1

Aiden is with Chase, who is practicing his karate. Chase hands him his phone to take a picture and of course Aiden happens to see video of him and Hope dancing from the night of the Gala. He wonders why Chase videotaped them. Why not? Did he enjoy it? LOL. Aiden says it was just a dance. Over to Hope and Ciara in another part of the square discussing their vacation plans. Ciara says she’s not going. Going to North Dakota to see some big rock sounds boring. South Dakota, Hope corrects her. Whatever, says Ciara. LOL. She wants to go to New Orleans. Because that’s where they went with Daddy on their last vacation. Ciara mentions seeing Oak Alley where they pretended to get married. They talk about how long it’s been since they’ve seen Bo and how much they miss him. Later, Hope is on the phone confirming their vacation changes to go to New Orleans. Ciara is excited to go but sad daddy won’t be going with them. Now, Aiden and Chase walk up and Ciara excitedly tells Chase that she and mommy are going on vacation today. Obligatory stare between Hope and Aiden. He didn’t realize they were leaving. She says it’s spur of the moment. He asks where they are going. Ciara says mom wanted to do Mount Rushmore, lame, so instead they’re going to New Orleans, no big deal to change flights, although kinda expensive but her mom’s got money. Hope gives Ciara a look and middle names her. LOL. Ciara asks if they’ve ever been to New Orleans and then invites them along. Both Aiden and Hope say NO. Chase wonders why. Aiden says they can’t just pick up and leave. He wishes Hope and Ciara a happy vacation. They take off. Ciara tells her mother that she and Mr. Jennings were acting weird. Hope says that’s because she put them in an awkward position. They go to leave too but she realizes she doesn’t have her purse. She turns around and runs right into Aiden who has her purse. More looks, then Hope and Ciara leave. Chase wants to go to mom’s beach house in Peuget Sound but Aiden says no, gets a little short with his son about it. Aiden apologizes. Chase misses the beach house. Aiden says under his breath that he doesn’t.

At their apartment, Sonny and Will discuss Will’s writing assignment. Sonny asks if he talked to his mom about it yet. No, he decided to write the article about Sami and EJ. Sonny asks why he would want to do that. Will explains that the magazine was going to write it no matter what so he wanted to be able to control the message. Apparently the editor isn’t aware of EJ’s affair and wants him to write about Sami taking over DiMera Enterprises while EJ fights the tax evasion charges.

Ben and Abigail discuss Clyde and Jordan. She wonders why he would hide that. He tells her they didn’t want his father to find them. He explains what happened. She deduces that Ben isn’t his real name. She seems pretty understanding of the whole situation and wonders how he found them. Ben’s not sure. He hates having to lie to everyone about this but she understands. Sonny and Will show up and Ben says he has to go take care of something, asks her to keep this to herself. Abigail sheepishly walks up with Sonny and Will. They ask how she’s doing. She says she’s so sorry and wouldn’t blame them if they hate her. But they’re very understanding and know how Sami accosted her. Sonny notices she was talking to Ben when they walked in, is everything cool with him? She says he’s being really good about everything. Will somehow figures out that Sami told Ben, gets angry, and storms out of the club. Sonny and Abigail talk about EJ. She feels terrible about the whole thing but he tells her don’t be so hard on herself. She’s had a tough couple years. She tells him to stop, she’s no victim and EJ didn’t pressure her into anything, she needs to take responsibility. He tells her she’s a terrible person and to get out of his club. They both laugh.

In the park, Clyde and Jordan argue of the stolen money, which she says was dirty money. He yells that it was supposed to give them a new start in life but she went and ruined everything. Jordan says he gave them no choice, it’s not like they chose that way of life. He thinks her mama filled her head with lies about him. She says her mother would have wanted them to live a better life and not be like him. She refuses to allow him to make her feel guilty for leaving and she and Ben have made a good life here and he will not destroy it. He says he doesn’t want to ruin anything for them, he’s proud of them and what they’ve done with their lives. She tells him to go back home again. He reaches out to touch her face but she smacks his hand away telling him to never touch her again, just as Ben walks up wondering what’s going on. Clyde says he was just telling Tammy Sue how proud he is of them. He gets a phone call and says he’s got to go but tells Ben to not go far. Jordan sort of collapses and cries. She laments she should have been more careful. He tells her to stop blaming herself. Ben suggests going to the police or asking Rafe to help them but Jordan says Clyde has everything on them, they have nothing on him. He won’t give up. Rafe walks up, wants to have that talk with Jordan. Ben says it’s not a good time, he’s having a bit of a crisis and needs Jordan’s help. They walk away leaving Rafe confused.

Clyde is on the phone with someone about some guy who hasn’t paid yet and tells them they know what they have to do.

At the Pub, Rafe and Kate are still talking about her plan with the DiMera’s. She reiterates that she wants that SOB Stefano to pay for pay for what he tried to do to Rafe. She wasn’t aware what Stefano was capable of when he sent Bernardi after him with a razor. She feels responsible because she blurted out the truth to Stefano and she vowed one day she’d get revenge. He doesn’t like her taking this kind of risk. She says she knows how to handle Stefano. She thinks he should be more concerned about clearing things up with Jordan. He thinks things are a little more complicated because he thought what happened between them didn’t mean anything but apparently that’s not the case anymore. Kate says she cares about Rafe, but as a friend only. He thinks it’s going a bit above and beyond that. She thinks telling Jordan about their one-night stand would be a mistake. He thinks he’s being hypocritical about Jordan telling him her secrets when he’s not telling his. She tries to dissuade him again but he made up his mind. He takes off.

PART 2

At DiMansion, EJ is about to walk out of the room but Sami stops him and wants to talk. She says she’s been doing a lot of thinking. She talks of the things they’ve done to each other and how she never thought she’d forgive him for kidnapping Sydney and making her believe she was dead but somehow she did and eventually she realized she couldn’t live without him. She saw how much he changed, how he stood by her when she was on trial for murder, has been there for Will, been so good with Allie, made them a home and family that she could only dream of. He thinks they have come a long way. She says it’s different this time. She gave him her heart and she thought she could trust him with it. He says he loves her and wishes he could take it all back and take away the pain it’s caused her. He wants another chance to earn her love and trust, they can have a future together like they planned. He knows she still loves him. He pleads his case asking for one more chance. Sami is pretty emotional but doesn’t give him an answer since Johnny comes running in interrupting them. He insists to EJ that he call Abigail to come over right away to help him make cupcakes for camp tomorrow. EJ tries to dissuade Johnny and can see Sami seething at the sound of Abigail’s name. Johnny goes on and on about how awesome Abigail was and how daddy agreed, yada, yada, yada. EJ is obviously very uncomfortable and Sami just sort of glares at him. EJ ushers Johnny out of the room and then tries to pick up with Sami where they left off but she’s not having it. She’s thankful Johnny walked in when he did because she may have made a huge mistake. She’s going to enjoy every minute of taking him, his father, and his sweet little cupcake baking whore down. EJ realizes how badly he hurt her but at some point they are going to have to face this head on. She says he’s going to lecture her about acting like an adult when he was the one going around acting like a horny teenager? Doorbell. Sami goes to answer it. Will wants to talk. EJ leaves but tells Sami this isn’t finished. Sami wonders if he is there to get her to forgive EJ. He doesn’t care what she does with EJ, it’s her life, but he wants her to back off of Abigail. She looks at him incredulously. She knows she’s his cousin, but Abigail destroyed her life and her family. Will says she and EJ implode once every six months anyway without the help of anyone else. Abby just happens to be involved this time. He talks about how Sami was involved in that Nick river mess and EJ went to the cabin to talk to Abigail about things. Sami thinks he’s somehow blaming her for what EJ did. No, but maybe if they weren’t busy trying to cover their tracks Abigail wouldn’t have gotten so nosy and been in that situation. Sami can’t believe Will is doing this. Does he realize that this happened more than once? She talks about the two of them in the shower at DiMera Enterprises. Sami says she has no sympathy for sweet little Abby and she deserves all Sami can dish out at her. Will then says Sami has done exactly what Abby has and so much worse. She asks if he thinks she deserved all this. She is the one who is suffering here, not Abby. He feels bad for her but so does Abby. It’s over and she needs to stop this, she’s only going to hurt herself. He thinks she’s being hypocritical given all she has done. She says she has paid for her mistakes and now she’s going after Abigail. She goes on about how Abigail pretended to be her friend and care about her kids all the while going after EJ, calling her a *bleep*. Will shouts back that he walked in on her and EJ going at it right over there while she was married to Rafe and that makes her an even bigger *bleep*. Sami slaps him. She immediately apologizes. She then tries to say that what happened back then was a completely different set of circumstances. Because she was the cheater and not the other way around, says Will. He tells her she is punishing Abigail for doing the exact same thing she did. He warns her to stay away from Abby but Sami isn’t backing down saying she intends on destroying Abigail’s life just like she did to hers. Will leaves.

EJ and Johnny are at the pub getting cupcakes. Johnny wonders if mommy is mad at him. Kate walks up and tells him that mommy is just busy with work now that she and his mommy have this new company to run. EJ glares at Kate. Johnny talks about the cupcakes and how good the ones were that Abigail baked. Kate says Abigail is a woman of many talents, isn’t that right EJ? EJ gives her a dirty look.

I have never loved Will and Johnny more.

Loved Kate's last line to EJ, and Ben telling Abby the truth.

Hope and Aiden just ooze chemistry. I love how Ciara is picking up on their "acting weird", little smarty.

I am glad Rafe knows Kate has feelings for him.

The rest of the show was a snoozefest.

Abigail is probably the best "Cupcake" that EJ has ever had....I do not doubt that for one minute.

Will giving Sami a dose of hard cold truth about boinking EJ while married to Rafe.

Birdbrain Sami needs to realize that she and EJ were not married during EJ and Abby romps so she really needs to shut her trap about Abby destroying her marriage.

Sami is rapidly becoming a mad woman, one minute she softened towards EJ next she is back to her rage

I would love for Clyde to kidnap and terrorize Kate

EJ is a dimwit, but Sami is truly delusional if she thinks she could do battle with Stefano. Soon both she and Kate will be on their knees kissing his Phoenix ring.

Will and Johnny were the highlight of today show

Go Will, Go Johnny, Go Ciara, Go Chase! Kids ruled Salem today. I'm loving Ciara and Chase. Seems like Aiden has his own money tree. I wonder if he married his wife for money and she died right as they were really falling in love? Certainly haven't been interested in him but lately there are these little asides that have me wondering....

Really, really sick of Sami. LOVE Kate and her needlepoint work with Eeeeej.

Really need to see an adventure or something with Will & Sonny. Them standing in the apartment talking about happenings in Salem is kinda getting dull.

Jordan and Ben - snore. But I am glad that Ben fessed up to Abby. Rafe needs to send Jordan a text that says, "Hey, I shtupped Kate during those seven hours we were kinda broken up. Sorry, ttyl [that's talk to you later], :)." (Worded exactly like that.)

Rafe solved it for us. He cheated. I liked that Johnny was, for once, used to separate his parents. Sweet.

Will can write a completely factual account of every single thing that's happened with Sami/DiMera/EJ/Abby in the last 8 months, and Abby will come out smelling like a rose, while Sami will come out stinking like [I'll leave the colourful metaphors to other users]. Not to mention the whole fraud thing.

Wimpy, pathetic, grovelling EJ - I've honestly never hated him more.

I loved Will today and the way he brought up Sami's hypocrisy about her cheating with EJ while she was married to Rafe. As usual, Sami can only see her viewpoint and how wronged she was and never acknowledging that she hurt people in the past with her own actions. At least Johnny stopped a reconciliation between EJ and Sami for now.

I liked how Ciara manipulated Hope into going to New Orleans instead of Mount Rushmore, and then wanted Aiden and Chase to go with them. Hope is so flustered around Aiden right now, I would not be surprised if Ciara were aware of it. That child is so observant.

We continue to get little tidbits about Aiden and his late wife. I get the impression that it was not a happy marriage. I think I like the other little boy that plays Chase better than this one. This one seemed bigger and a little petulant. Although it does seem clear that Chase misses his mother very much.

It's about time Rafe woke up to the fact that Kate likes him. It has only taken him over a year to realize it. I did like Kate at the end of the episode asking if Elvis was coming. You could tell that Kate was really annoying him.

Wow, Will faced off with his mother, told her some hard truths, which, of course, she refused to accept.
Ahhh, Johnny, your timing was absolutely perfect.
Glad Rafe did not believe Kate's excuses, and glad he still has his same brain. He kind of reminds me of Columbo. Casual, asking questions because he is puzzled, but always sharp as a tack. Quick to figure it out. LOL

Yes, it looks like our dear Rafe has finally recovered from his Jensen-induced brain injuries. :) Too bad his Speech and Occupational Therapists didn't get any screen time. :wink:
EJ should be groveling, except I don't buy it for a minute. I don't believe EJ is sorry. I believe he is sorry he got caught.

I don't believe he's sorry either; and I think he should be grovelling. But I never thought I'd miss instantly-jumps-into-revenge-mode EJ. I am hoping that because they are doing a different route with EJ/Sami this time (grovelling/corporate vengeance vs cartoony vengeance/fear, respectively) we will end up in a different place than the usual EJ/Sami reconciliation.

Today's show was a good show. Really enjoyed Will and Sami scenes, you go Will.

Hope and Aiden have so much chemistry, loved the scenes with the kids, the replacement Chase is a good little actor.

Ben and Abby are cute together.

Rafe and Kate....please don't go down that road with them again.

So glad that Johnny interrupted the EJ and Sami scenes, they were enough to make you puke

I predict that EJ will move into some form of anger/vengeance mode before too long. He is already speaking to Sami in that patronizing ("This conversation isn't ovah!") tone, which he moves into from his placating soft spoken begging voice as soon as Sami let's down her rage for even a moment.

EJ, as usual, has already started to act like this is all Sami's fault. I really want Sami to shoot him in the head again.

Sami paid for her mistake when she cheated on Rafe. Rafe divorced her.

If Abby is going to continue to pursue married (Austin) and engaged (EJ) men, she better be prepared to deal with the fallout, which includes the person who was cheated on hating your guts.

Thanks for the summary.

The Will & Sami scenes were some of the best & heaviest in a while. I do hate how it escalated. Both had valid points. Great acting on both parts!

It was nice that Rafe mentioned the hypocrisy in Jordan telling her secret & him not telling his. You could see Kate's wheels turning as he talked about still telling Jordan.

Nice to see Ben telling the truth to Abigail. It was funny when he told her not to call him Ollie.

This money that Clyde & Jordan talk about has me curious. I'm glad we are finally getting more tidbits here & there.

I still can't warm up to Aiden & Hope. I know they should be showing romantic tension but I don't see or feel it. To me it comes across as awkward.

Yeah. But then she (Sami) just got in bed with Lucas. And by the time that was over, she was in the center of another Rafe and EJ love triangle. Sami getting proper payback will be when there are no men left interested in her. Then she will learn you can't always treat people like dirt and have another person waiting to get in your pants. She will be left with no choice but to get herself together and change her behavior.

she better be prepared to deal with the fallout, which includes the person who was cheated on hating your guts.
Sami hating Abigail is fine by me (I don't even mind Sami calling Abby names, no matter how inaccurate they are); Sami "destroying" her and considering/toying with reuniting with EJ is not. Just my opinion.

I enjoyed Will and Sami too. I'm glad Will reminded Sami what she did when she was
married to Rafe. If Sami does more to Abby, I wonder what Will would do. Would he
blackmail his own mom? He knows what happened with Nick.

I'm glad Ben told Abby his real name.

Enjoyed Kate with Johnny and EJ. She knows how to push EJ's buttons.

We're learning more about Aiden. He has money and a beach house.

Ciara pushed Hope's buttons and their vacation plans changed.
I think South Dakota would be better than hot and humid New Orleans.

Great show! I really liked the replacement kid placing Chase, though he was kind of big compared to the other one. He just seemed more natural to me.

I wonder if Aiden's wife died at the beach house? I thought I heard Chase say, "We haven't been there since the - " (or did I imagine the last word?) I thought maybe it wasn't a drunken driving accident but a drunken boating accident, or a drowning or something like that.

I loved loved loved the scenes between WIll and Sami. I wonder what Will's going to do now? I'd also like to know exactly how Sami thinks she's going to destroy Abby. Her effort to break up Abby and Ben backfired. What's next--spreading gossip around the hospital so Anne Milbauer can make snarky comments? That happens so frequently that dealing with Anne is probably part of Abby's job description, and probably all it will accomplish is Daniel or Maxine telling Anne to shut it. Besides, if Sami messes with Abby too much she'll have lots of visits from Jen harassing her and ordering her around--who wants THAT???

When Kate ran into Johnny and EJ at the pub, I thought she was going to offer to bake the cupcakes and give one to Abby :rotfl:

Kate thinks that she can handle Stefano? Really? This comment seems to fit into the category of famous last words. Has anyone ever been able to "handle" the Phoenix? As for Sami, her determination to continue her mad campaign against Abigail is truly remarkable when the evidence that it's doomed to failure is right in front of her in the form of her own son who is staunchly defending Ms. Deveraux. Give it up Samantha Gene, your war against Abigail can only destroy one person -- the one you see looking back at you in the mirror. Finally, Ben and Jordan ought to wake up and realize that their only salvation is Rafe -- a large, muscular man with a badge and gun. What's the alternative? Get on the phone and ask that great humanitarian, Stefano, to send the likes of Ricardo or Sergio after the Poplar Bluff lowlife?

Back