Days of Our Lives - Thursday, 8/21/2014

Sami throws something at EJ (a vase?), it shatters on the door frame, and she screams about getting a restraining order (doesn't she already have one???)

Indeed she does. And I guess I know nothing about restraining orders, but to get one, doesn't the person who requires it have to show proof of some kind that he/she is in danger ? Like domestic violence from the other person, or stalkerish behavior, etc. ? But this is Salem, I know. Anyway, from where I stand, EJ should be the one to get a restraining order against Sami (nope, not defending EJ, still hate the character) with everything the crazy woman keeps throwing at him (I hate Sami even more than EJ, imagine that ! :eek: ). All this to say, I'm soooooo tired of the same scenes, where Sami looks about ready to forgive EJ, but then goes into a rage state and throws something. Enough, already. Let this horrid storyline end, one way or another. I'm at the point where I wish EJ would just say to her : "Listen, you crazy lunatic, I'm done ! You are sooooo not worth this". Again : :eek:

As far as the rest is concerned, I'm not really interested in the Devereaux's troubles anymore. It all seems so contrived to me, I just don't care to see martyr Jennifer walk around feeling sorry for her and her family anymore. I can't help but think that, in the real world, nobody would care about EJ Dimera and his affair with Abigail, except those who are really close to them. But the readers of a magazine ? Seriously... How long will that last ? A day, two ? And some other scandal will replace this one. Oh, wait, my mistake : I said in the real world. :rolleyes:

Jordan and Rafe : zzzzzzz Soooooo boring. No chemistry at all in my opinion. But Lucas and Jordan ? Maybe... As long as Lucas is on more and Jordan does not bring him down. Otherwise, just more Lucas please. :love:

I really like that Lucas is ON to his mother. He called her out on bedding Rafe again, and of course, knows how she was trying to get info on Jordan. Gonna be interesting when he gets to see or meet Clyde, and see him "conferring" with his mother. Go Lucas!

The thing is that Lucas has been "on to" Kate for most of the years they have been in Salem. He has disowned her and stopped speaking to her more times than I can count, yet he always goes back for more. Lucas is my favorite male on the show, but he is a wuss where Kate is concerned. He will be outraged if/when he meets Clyde and finds out what Kate has done but it will soon blow over and Lucas will be his mama's little boy again. ::SIGH::

Having said all that, I was SO pleased to see Lucas yesterday!

Honestly, I really want him to "out" his mother. However, he would lose his job, I am guessing, so unless he has another one to fall back on, he runs into this brick wall with his mom. Too bad.
But he COULD drop hints to someone else, who might do a bit of investigating, and learn the truth. (am thinking of Rafe, as I really want him to find out about sneaky Kate)

And I guess I know nothing about restraining orders, but to get one, doesn't the person who requires it have to show proof of some kind that he/she is in danger ? Like domestic violence from the other person, or stalkerish behavior, etc. ?

It depends on the jurisdiction. In NY, it's sadly very easy for a woman to walk into family court and request a restraining order against her spouse/baby daddy. No proof required just based on word of mouth. Leads to lots of false arrests too. A waste of government time and money.

:back:

I would think the restraining order would be specifying exact restrictions. I believe in EJ's case, the order was to prohibit him from contact with business contacts, but yes, it was to stay 100 ft. from Sami personally. At least that is what Hope was saying......before Kristen was brought in by Daniel.

Yep, Will using so many details in his article...how is that protecting Abigail? Still, I wish Sonny told JJ that Sami was behind her actual name landing in the article. I'd love to see more Sami-JJ scenes, and Sami being held responsible for what she is doing.
Love seeing Lucas today. He has great chemistry with Jordan--put them together!
Clyde blackmailing Kate is going to be interesting. Pretty good show on all fronts.
Jordan would never be with Lucas because he is Kate's son and she hates Kate. No chemistry between these two, Jordan belongs with Rafe and you can see it in their eyes when they met. She is still conflicted but I hope it passes.:love:

We really don't know that Jordan "hates" Kate, but she definitely doesn't trust her, or believe her. She feels kate hates her (Jordan).
But just remember, Kate hated Sami, too, and did all she could to prevent her son from having any sort of relationship with Sami....and yet, they have two children (wish it was 4) and did get married in a lovely wedding. You never know the way it will go on Days.

Heather, I agree--the Rafe-Jordan scene reminded me of Sami and Rafe's short-lived reunion too.

Jordan would never be with Lucas because he is Kate's son and she hates Kate. No chemistry between these two, Jordan belongs with Rafe and you can see it in their eyes when they met. She is still conflicted but I hope it passes.:love:

Why would she blame Lucas for Kate's actions though? Just because he is Kate's son doesn't mean he is as bad as Kate (anymore). If that were the case, they wouldn't be buddies.

Back