Days of Our Lives Thursday 9/4/2014

S

Sparkster

Replay of Sami pouring herself a drink at the mansion and then being horrified to see the portrait of Stefano back on the wall. She drops her drink and screams as someone comes up behind her. It’s only EJ. He apologizes for scaring her, notices that she is upset. She points to the picture of Stefano and then accuses him of working with Stefano against them from day one. She can’t believe she was starting to buy into his lies about getting back together. He tries pleading with her. They continue arguing back and forth. She starts rambling about Stefano coming back to town. He tells her he knows who put the portrait back up. Later, Harold explains to them about Mr. DiMera alerting the staff of his arrival in town tomorrow and that the house was to be set to his standards. EJ then tells Harold that Samantha and Kate are the only two that can give orders and he is not to listen to Stefano or EJ. Sami gets a smug look on her face. EJ orders the other portrait be returned at once which Harold verifies with Sami since he’s not supposed to be taking orders from EJ. Sami worries about Stefano’s impending return to Salem. EJ tells her that he’s disappointed she would think he would work against her at this point. They share a drink. Sami thinks she can handle Stefano. But EJ says they will do it together. He gets a call from Mr. Shinn. Apparently Stefano has called the board members and requested an emergency meeting. Sami assumes Stefano wants to get her and Kate fired. EJ says he won’t be able to do that. She’s glad the kids are still at camp so they won’t see the bloodshed. He assures her he won’t let anything happen to her or the kids. She says talk is cheap and walks out of the room. EJ tells “Stefano” he won’t win this one old man.

Aiden at town square having a drink thinking back to him telling Hope about his feelings for her. Anne, who is sitting nearby, invites herself over. She notices that he’s getting a little tipsy. He says he doesn’t drink often so it must be going to his head quickly. Anne starts gabbing and flirting. He gets uncomfortable and says he shouldn’t be doing this and gets up and leaves. She says, what am I chopped liver? LOL. She finishes his drink.

Jennifer and Hope meet at Horton house. Chitchat about Sami’s treatment of Abigail. Jen asks Hope if anything new is going on with her. Chitchat about Ciara starting school. Ciara is upset about Bo not being there. They share sundaes and then decide to go on a walk.

They walk along the lake in the moonlight, holding hands. Jennifer can tell something is bothering her and asks what’s up. Hope deflects and asks Jennifer about Daniel. Jennifer thinks things are over between them, Hope is sorry about that. She then says, hesitatingly, perhaps Jen should give Aiden a shot. He is hiding in the bushes overhearing this. Jen says she and Aiden are just friends and she’s clearly not over Daniel yet. Hope understands, saying Aiden is such a nice guy and deserves a good woman. Jennifer forgets something to do at home and has to go. Hope decides to stay. Aiden comes out of hiding asking her what the heck is she thinking? She asks how long he’s been standing there. Long enough to hear you try to pawn me off on your cousin. He understands how uncomfortable she was the other day when he admitted his feelings for her, especially since she’s married, but tells her to stay out of his love life. She asks if he’s been drinking. He admits he has. She recalls he told her once he didn’t drink. He tells her go ahead call him a hypocrite, get all superior on him. She says he’s always been the judgmental one. She admits the only reason she was trying to set him up with Jennifer is she was worried he was lonely. Maybe he likes being lonely. She says no one likes to be lonely. They are really close when they’re talking. He tells her she doesn’t know what he wants. She agrees and goes to turn away but he pulls her back saying that’s not what he wants, and goes in for a kiss. She kisses him right back. She pulls back and looks shocked. He looks embarrassed and walks away.

Brady is outside John’s hospital room, calls Daniel. He asks him about John’s transfer delay. Daniel invites him over to talk about it. Brady arrives at Daniel’s. He thinks something is off with this whole situation and wants to know what’s going on. Daniel recalls his promise not to tell Brady about John and just tells Brady everything is fine, not to worry. Brady talks about his bad day, confronting Kristen and then going home and making a big mistake with Theresa. Daniel worries he’s getting back together with her but Brady insists it was a one-time thing. He thanks Daniel for the talk and then leaves.

Replay of Kristen coming up to Theresa at the club. Kristen tries to introduce herself but Theresa tersely tells her she knows who she is, Brady’s psycho ex and the witch who ruined Eric’s life. They go back and forth, Theresa trying to needle her about going to prison, but Kristen retorts right back about Theresa’s record. Theresa talks about her and Brady and Kristen then gets in her face telling her to stay away from him. Theresa says she’s onto her and doesn’t seem threatened by her. Kristen tells her about Brady’s visit to her hotel room earlier. Theresa has a surprised look on her face, remembers having sex with Brady, and then says, now I get it. She tells Kristen everyone in town hates her just like the rest of her family. Kristen says the DiMeras always get their way and she wants Theresa to steer clear of Brady. Theresa mocks her saying she’s being threatened by big bad DiMera, so scared. Kristen tells her she should be. Kristen leaves.

Later, Anne has joined Theresa. They discuss her relationship with Brady and talk about Kristen. Anne thinks that Brady used her but Theresa thinks she was there in his time of need. She seems to think that Kristen being back in town can be used to her advantage re: Brady. Anne thinks she should heed Kristen’s threats but Theresa practically gets giddy at the idea of getting back Brady and using Kristen to do it. She talks of John being shipped off to the vegetable farm and all will be good. She thinks she’ll be back in Brady’s home in no time. Theresa is very sure of herself and her plan no matter how much Anne tries to warn her of Kristen.

Marlena and Eric at the Pub. She hems and haws a bit and finally asks him not to testify against Kristen. He says she can’t be serious. Marlena explains about Stefano finding a possible cure for John to come out of his coma. He thinks it’s absurd but she tells him that Daniel and Kayla agree that it could work. Kristen won’t hand over the rest of the formula unless Eric agrees to not testify against her. Eric is aghast. She has to believe it will work. She gets emotional saying it’s asking a lot. He says it’s too much to ask and he won’t do it. He says he would do anything for her or John but not this. She understands his feelings on this and that it’s so painful. They don’t even know if it will work. He really lays into her about the fact that Kristen didn’t just rape him, she took away his vocation and his relationship with God and the one thing he held onto was sending that woman to jail. She wants justice for him too and completely understands. He tells her as much as he loves her and John, that witch destroyed his life and she has to pay. He just can’t do this. He gets up and leaves.

Kristen shows up at Daniel’s. She’s there for her lipstick she left earlier. He thinks she did it on purpose. He tells her he hasn’t heard back from Marlena yet about Eric’s decision so she can leave now. She wants to talk to him about Theresa. Kristen can tell Theresa gets under Daniel’s skin. He says he’s not a fan of Theresa and can’t think of anyone worse for Brady….except you! She thinks they should team up and keep Theresa out of Brady’s life but Daniel thinks perhaps she and Theresa can just destroy each other. He then tells her to get out his house. She tells him he’s cold and stupid for letting Jennifer get away. Later he is looking at a picture of him and Jennifer. He then calls her. She’s happy to hear from him. He asks if they can get together to talk soon. She agrees.

Eric has gone to the church garden and prays. Brady shows up, can tell something is bothering him. Eric thinks Marlena sent Brady there. Brady is confused. Eric apologizes, asks how John is doing. Brady explains about moving him to a long care facility but it’s been postponed. Brady gets emotional talking about how it’s all his fault his father is in this condition and that he wishes he could just tell him he’s sorry and loves him. This obviously has an effect on Eric. Brady talks about the bitterness and hatred took over him but it was a total waste. He then takes the time to apologize to Eric for how he treated him in all this. He knows Eric was the victim. Eric was such a good brother to him and he treated him horribly. Brady asks his forgiveness. They hug. Brady promises to be there for Eric during the trial. Later Eric calls Kristen saying they need to talk.

Marlena has gone to John’s bedside. She thinks John would tell her to let Eric have his justice and he’d see her on the other side. But she loves him so much, she can’t bear the thought of losing him.

Stefano's portrait seems to have almost as many lives as the Phoenix himself. Kate and Sami have given away EJ's favorite racing car and have sold off his and fatha's favorite units of DiMera Enterprises for a song, yet the painting survives. Why wasn't it burned in a ceremonial bonfire or left at the curb for pickup with the DiMansion garbage? As for Kristen's latest blackmail plot, the friends of ComaJohn need to be as duplicitous as she is. For the formula to work, John must have it immediately, but a tough customer like Melinda Trask isn't about the drop charges the minute Father Sourpuss changes his mind about testifying. Perhaps, they could tell the Salem witch that Eric won't testify and as soon as John gets the formula they could say: "So sorry, but Eric is just like his twin sister -- always changing his mind." Finally, Kristen should not underestimate Jeannie T. The DiMera monster is used to taking advantage of essentially decent people who have scruples, a description that really doesn't fit the brat girl.

An alright episode. Loving the Hope-Aiden scenes as well as Kristen-Theresa. I agree with Daniel that it would be great if they destroyed each other.
Nice to see Jennifer and Hope spending time together. We need more of these types of family/friend interactions.
Jennifer and Daniel-:sick::beat:
EJ and Sami--:sick::beat:

I am so happy Eric and Brady have made up. I was disappointed, though, that Brady can trash Eric for months and physically fight with him and get let off the hook so easily, but Nicole can't. I also was disappointed that Marlena would ask that of her son. I understand she loves John, but her children should always come first.

I truly am disappointed that Daniel wants to "grab a coffee" with Jen, so they can talk.
I think Eric is going to have 2nd thoughts now about his lack of forgiveness of Nicole. Brady's contemplative words about holding on to hate seemed to have gotten to Eric. And then Brady's apology, hug, and promise of being there for Eric (when he would testify) all added to it.
That said, I also figured Marlena should tell Kristen/Stefano that Eric agreed not to testify, get the formula, save John, and then have Eric testify. I cannot stand the idea of smug, smirky Kristen going free.
Marlena made her case to Eric, all the while stating she knew it was hard to ask this of him. She knew that. All she could do was ask, it then would be up to Eric. I think if she had refused to talk to Eric, someone else would have, but if not.......Eric would later be hurt that she did not do so.

So...

Eric is sooooooo sensitive, sooooooo understanding, all Brady has to do is apologize and hug him and all is forgotten, right ? Don't get me wrong, I actually loved the scenes between Eric and Brady. I love the fact that Brady (who's usually brainless) now knows how horrible he was towards Eric, accusing him of having enjoyed his "time" with Kristen, when in fact, Eric was the victim. I just wish, like others have said, that Eric could show the same understanding towards Nicole and her mistake. Because let's face it, while what Nicole did was terrible (need I repeat that I think Eric was partly to blame for that ?), what Brady did was equally terrible, if not worse, accusing Eric of having enjoyed being raped. Seriously, that's truly sickening. So, I could take Eric seriously and actually like the guy if he showed any king of consistency. Then again, this is Days, so consistency is out of the question. :rolleyes:

Jennifer and Daniel, for the 10000000000th time ? No, thanks ! :sick: :beat:I just wish Jen Jen would just walk off a pier.

And speaking of Daniel, he should not even give Kristen the time of day, let alone allow her in his apartment and listen to her. :sick: Come on, Super Dan, now is the time for you to get rid of the villain that is Kristen.

Sami and Ej ? Again, no thanks ! :sick: I just wonder when is "tomorrow" going to be in Salem ! In a couple of weeks ? :rolleyes: Though I never really liked Stefano (love the actor, though), please come back and get rid of stupid Samanther ! And take down her puppy dog EJ too while you're at it !

Now, Hope and Aiden. Oh, yes. While I think Hope was being an idiot for trying to set Jennifer up with Aiden :sick:, the kiss was done in a very romantic, tasteful way. Not grabbing each other, eating each other's faces, hopping into bed after a quick "hello". Really, I liked it. Now let's get the Bo situation resolved, and I can get onboard with this pairing. More of that kind of romance, please ! :love:

The best part of the show was Eric and Brady making up. I wonder
how long that will last if Kristen doesn't go to jail.

Interesting kiss Aiden and Hope had. I wonder how long it will be before they
do it again. I'm sure Aiden will explain he kissed her was because he was drinking.
I guess Hope's excuse will be she had too much sugar LOL

Since Aiden and Hope have done something new, maybe we won't have to
see the dance flashback anymore.

Will we Kate/Sami's portrait tomorrow since Harold is suppose to change it?

I enjoyed Theresa and Kristen talking to each other. It was great when
Theresa figured out why she and Brady "did it"

I laughed when Kristen told Daniel he was "super stupid" :)

Thanks for posting Sparkster.

That picture of Stefano cracks me up, if I was Sami I'd drop my drink, too! I also laugh when EJ talks to it and calls him Old Man but it's usually because Stefano has the upper hand.

Disappointed in Daniel asking Jennifer for coffee, just when I started liking each of them alone. boo!

I've been out of the loop but popped in yesterday and I was blown away! First of all I have to say I did mute the Sami and EJ parts, but everything else I loved! I even loved Anne, she makes me laugh!

I've been waiting for the Aiden Hope kiss for eons, and let me tell you, it was delivered! I'm back in!

Brady being compassionate towards his brother was golden for me. Eric, well, he always seems to sell the situation to me, I'm able to believe where he is coming from. Well done.

Also, the hair and makeup and clothes, loved it. Jennifers hair and Hope's as well. Loved the way Jennifers lipstick coordinated with her dress.

Oh yes, and the end scene with Marlena and John actually brought a tear to my eye.

Yes, for me, this episode was great. This episode brought back relationships and focused in on friends, family, and connections. The Brady and Eric scenes were great, Brady and Daniel sitting around having coffee and being there for him, Marlena and John,, Hope and Jenn Jenn, and FINLLY, Aiden and Hope. Yesterday it was Eric and Sami. That is what has been missing from Days lately, sometimes dedicating an episode or two to the ties that Samelites have with one another.

Looking forward to Stefano too.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh yeah, and seriously Eric? If he can forgive Brady I hope he can give Nicole the same courtesy.

I liked Eric and Brady's reconciliation. But can they both leave now? LOL

LOVED Anne as always. I liked tipsy Aiden, too. Too bad we didn't see more chemistry tests with him and other characters before he was slammed together with Hope. But those days are over. ("Chemistry tests" are what soap mags used to call scenes that were meant to test out couples on-screen. I guess the multi-month tape delay doesn't allow for that, LOL.)

I liked Jennifer & Hope's interactions, too.

Back