Days of Our Lives-Thursday, January 15, 2015

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
Melanie is talking to Brady on the phone , and he invites her over to Victor's. She tells him "it's a date", when her father walks in. Daniel wonders who it's with, and of course, Melanie starts her babbling, saying it's a friend, makes light of it. Daniel reminds her of what she said about him being with Nicole, thinks she's being secretive, but Melanie denies it and goes to get changed. The Love Doctor checks her recent calls list on her cell phone and sees it was Brady. Daniel calls him and asks him to bring back his mountain bike, as he wants to go ride it now. Brady agrees to, then texts Melanie telling her that he's coming over because her dad summoned him. Daniel sees the texts, as he has her phone. Then, Melanie comes in, wearing a tight pink dress. Daniel wonders more if this is really "just a friend". Brady arrives, Daniel teases him about his reaction to Melanie's dress. Brady is blushing and stammering, he and Melanie pretend they didn't have plans. Melanie finally sees the texts on his phone, leaves quickly. Daniel tells Brady to stick around for a bit, but Brady says he has a meeting to attend and leaves. He and Melanie meet up in Victor's house. They laugh about the awkwardness, Brady mentions how Daniel has seen Brady at his worst and would never want him to date Melanie, and she starts questioning a possible relationship between them. Brady says no, wants to have fun, they should go somewhere else. Melanie stands to join him, and they kiss...just as Maggie walks in and gasps. They turn and see her.

Earlier at the Horton House, JJ tells Jennifer that he cheated on Paige. She asks if he likes this other girl, but JJ tells her he hates the other woman! Maggie is at the door, coming to visit. She concludes that she came at a bad time because Jennifer and JJ look upset. JJ decides to leave and Jennifer walks him to the door, hoping he used protection (lol, awkward!). He quickly leaves after this, telling Jennifer that their talk was weird enough before she brought that up. Maggie apologizes for interrupting and tells Jennifer not to give up on her son. Maggie hugs Jennifer, and Jennifer wishes she could let Maggie know what's going on. Maggie takes her leave. Jennifer calls Daniel, asking if he can help her with something JJ is going through. Daniel would love to, but can't tonight, so Jennifer asks if they can tomorrow. They decide to talk on the phone tomorrow to arrange something, and she is grateful for his help. Jennifer promises to "save" her son. Then, Maggie meets up with Daniel, who lets her know that he's going on a date with Nicole. Of course, Maggie voices her concerns.

In the park, Eve is nervous when Paige brings up the fact that she knows JJ slept with another woman. Eve is relieved to hear that Paige doesn't know who it is, but she hugs teary-eyed Paige. Paige can't believe another girl would sleep with a dude she is in love with (really, Paige? Many people do this, especially in Salem! THIS is the girl who was accepted into Stanford?). Eve suggests she forget about JJ, they move to LA, and Paige can transfer to Stanford--a fresh start (by the way, why do they keep talking as if Stanford is in LA? It's closer to San Francisco!), but Paige doesn't want to leave Salem (unfortunately for us viewers). Paige wipes her tears and wants to go clear her head. Eve tries, and fails, to stop her. Then, she texts JJ, wanting to meet up with him. Paige and her friend are in the Pub. Her friend is wise and tells her to forget about this girl and move on with her life. But Paige wants to find this b-word and get revenge. At the same time, JJ meets Eve in the park. She can't believe that he let Paige know he cheated. She warns him not to tell his "pot-smoking buddies", who would no doubt spread the word, if he truly loves Paige. Paige would be crushed if she learned that her mother, the only person she has left, romped with JJ.

At the DiMansion, Kate is successful in another business call with Shin, Chad starts speaking Chinese. Then, demands to know why Kate orchestrated the reveal at the hospital. He knows that she wants to make Clyde look like a saint. Kate insults Jordan, angering Chad. She says that he's close to being his father, but not quite there, suggesting that Jordan is manipulating him. At the club, Ben is still upset about Jordan being angry at him. Abby think Jordan will come around when she learns that Clyde changed. Ben gets mad at her and says Jordan once had it worse than him. Abigail argues that Ben is the one who accepted Clyde's tuition money. Ben then gets an idea of where Jordan is, and leaves. In the hotel room, Clyde rages that Jordan killed mama and her unborn son because she wanted mama to divorce Clyde, but mama refused. Jordan is crying, saying it isn't true. Jordan's memories aren't exactly all there, but she agrees with Clyde that mama needed a ride to the doctor and insisted that Jordan drive. Clyde thinks that she killed them and gets mad. Jordan falls to the floor, and drinks some alcohol that Clyde offers her. Clyde says that he covered for Jordan because since mama died, Ben needed her. But if she ever causes issues for Clyde again, he'll tell Ben everything. He then brings up the rape, says it was wrong and he'll answer to it one day, and apologizes. Jordan is crying, looking afraid and scared, Clyde tells her to pull herself together and leave. Ben shows up, sees Jordan's face, gets upset with his father. But Jordan covers, saying she overreacted to the donation and apologizes to Ben for being mad at him. Ben apologizes for being secretive about the donation. He tells her that Abby was looking for her, and Jordan leaves. Clyde tells Ben to stay, praises him for beginning school tomorrow, Ben is shocked by his behavior, but then Kate comes over for her "date" with Clyde. Ben leaves after Kate apologizes for her part in the messy reveal. Kate laughs about how Clyde sounds as good in the town paper as Tom Horton once did. Clyde kisses her and says he wants Victor to read about it, Kate wonders why, he thinks Victor doesn't want them together. They kiss again.

Abigail is now alone in the hospital lounge. Chad arrives, looking for Jordan. Abigail says she doesn't know where her pal is, and gets upset that Chad let Jordan believe that he was the secret donor. Chad believes that Ben is to blame for the entire mess. Abby says that Ben won't talk to her about it because he's mad at her. Chad insists that Abby is innocent, thinks Ben is an idiot not to appreciate her. Then Jordan arrives, putting her lab coat on. She apologizes, and then wants to get started on work. Chad briefly kisses her, then leaves, but stops outside to think about something.

Okay a couple of things, first I am at work on my lunch hour and won't see until tonight if I bother, but:

Melanie and Brady are both Maggie's grandchildren, are they not?? Not by normal standards, I mean I don't have egg babies having babies, but then well I'm not living in Salem.

The other thing, WHY JJ WHY??? Just because Eve sends you a text saying "meet me", you don't have to go. Let me repeat that, "YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO", really you don't.

I know you go because you think we want to hear the same conversation over and over and over again, but we don't. Trust me on that. In fact JJ, tell your dope smoking friends who you flapped sheets with ad see how long it takes them to get the news to Paige, the girl with no self esteem. And given this is Salem that's saying a lot.

Thanks DaysD for the summary.....

Melanie and Brady are both Maggie's grandchildren, are they not?? Not by normal standards, I mean I don't have egg babies having babies, but then well I'm not living in Salem.
Melanie is Maggie's biological granddaughter. Brady is Maggie's step-grandson. There is no blood between them, nor did they grow up together. (not like Max and Stephanie) While I think the pairing of Brady and Nurse Betty Boop is icky on so many levels, both of them being related to Maggie isn't one of them.

Brady and Melanie just happen to share a common relative (Maggie), same as Will and Sonny (Abby & JJ are cousins to both of them), Lucas and Sami (who share half-siblings, Cassie and Rex) or Shawn-D and Belle (Sami is Shawn's cousin and Belle's half-sister).

Okay, so Brady and Melanie are both Maggie's grandchildren. So when this relationship goes south, as all relationships must if you live in Salem, I guess it's a good thing they never have family gatherings at the holidays as that could make for some pretty entertaining times. But not with this writing crew.

When my antihistamine put me to sleep around 1:00 I wondered why.... slept through the show. Thanks to DDG, I know I didn't miss anything.

PLEASE send Eve and Paige somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep wanting to scream at the TV: SHUT UP!! That foursome (Eve, Paige, JJ & Miss Snooty Jenny) really get on my last nerve.

Seems TIIC have decided we want people to show up in Salem and patiently wait for 6 months for info... not likely...makes me want to stop watching Days. Oh well, laundry awaits!!!!

Maybe I am wrong but wouldnt and don't most parents tell their heartbroken 18 year olds that they will meet a lot of people and should date around before getting serious yada yada?? Instead we have Jen acting as if Paige is the last woman on earth and her 18 year old must be with her or he will die an old maid. Stupid plot.

Maybe I am wrong but wouldnt and don't most parents tell their heartbroken 18 yr olds that they will meet alot of people and should date around before getting serious yada yada??

Oh, you're not wrong. You're absolutely right. In fact, I keep thinking that all Jennifer is doing right now, is making things worse. She herself acts like JJ breaking up with Paige is the end of the world. She does not know everything right now (and frankly, she doesn't have to, as at least, JJ was right today when he said these are not things a man talks to his mother about), and she could still help her son by just saying : you know what ? Whatever happened, it's not the end of the world. This too shall pass. Paige is not the only woman out there. You may be hurting now, but you'll get through this. If you feel the need to talk more, come to me. Or there is also the possibility of talking to a social worker or a psychologist. The way Jennifer is overdramatizing everything would only push JJ further, either away from her, or in a deep depression. In fact, this could be the basis for a suicide storyline. Not that I would like such a storyline, mind you. But it does happen in life.

I watched the show live. It was terrifyingly boring and I actually stopped watching before the end.

Paige is the most pathetic character in the history of Days. More pathetic than Sami, more pathetic than Kristen circa 1997, absolutely positively the most pathetic character I've ever seen.

I can't even begin to say how much I hate Eve & JJ's constant meetings. :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Brady & Melanie...
stop.gif

I watched the show live. It was terrifyingly boring and I actually stopped watching before the end.
Jason, you stopped watching?? Then you might have missed egg-mommy's shocked reaction to Brady and Melanie smooching in the K-mansion living room. Good grief -- if that's the way she reacts to something this tame, imagine how she'd have responded if she'd walked in on the JJ-Eve hate boink. Speaking of Eve, she is becoming more confused and incoherent by the day. If this keeps up, she'll be a good candidate for the mental hospital where Steve once ordered pizza for his fellow patients.

What does Jennifer think she needs to "save" JJ from? Being 19 and stupid? (aka: normal?) And suddenly Dr. Dan is who should handle it? Ummm. Sure.

I don't even want to know what's up with Jordan/Clyde/Ben/Mama/possible dead son et al. Let's just forget Jordan ever came to town and her kinfolk followed. *Poof* written out, no explanation needed. I'd be fine with it!

Interesting to see who sees Brady and Melanie kissing. What will Maggie
say to them? Maybe they decide dating not the best idea after all.

Daniel has always been a friend to JJ. Maybe Daniel can talk some sense
into him.

Eve and JJ are lucky creepy Clyde wasn't hiding in the bushes when they
were yelling at each other. Every time they talk, they mention what they
did. I'm sure the wildlife in Salem are sick and tired of it :)

Jordan should have told Ben today what happened to their mom
before Clyde does. I still think there is still more to the story. I hope so.

DaysD thanks for the summary.

Back