Days of Our Lives-Thursday, July 9, 2015

The nanny wasn't sparring, she was simply telling the truth. She is not Theresa's maid. That conniving, money-grubbing tramp nearly killed John and framed Brady for it. I don't know why anyone has sympathy for her at all. She continues to scheme to get Brady back when he's made it very clear that he's only working with her for the sake of their son, nothing more. She ruined his romance with Melanie with her selfish plan to take away the baby. It makes perfect sense why none of the Black/Kiriakis clan wants anything to do with her.

We just have a difference of opinion here. In my view, Theresa has been unreasonable, selfish, and demanding since she came to the mansion.
And if that nanny has received strict orders about her duties, she is following them. She has been told repeatedly she is not to do personal favors/duties/jobs for anyone. And that does not only mean Theresa. But Theresa is the only one in the entire house demanding Hayley do things for her personally.
And of course she has been playing him. It is very obvious.

And just my opinion, but if Theresa wants to spend some quality time with her son, she does not bring her tablet along. WHY would she need it there? It has NO PLACE in the nursery. Heck, never even saw her with one before, she only used a laptop. Something new.

What has Theresa done to play Brady? She flat out told him she didn't want to work because she wanted to be a full time mom, didn't want to leave so soon, etc.

The nanny doesn't have to do anything for Theresa, but she doesn't have to be rude either and get in the middle. If her job is to help Theresa then she should be trying to actually help her. Talk to her about the needs of babies and how not to have a breakdown because you can't figure out why they are crying. She doesn't even try to have Tate greet Theresa. She gets an attitude whenever Theresa goes anywhere. So far her only job seems to be sticking it in Theresa's face that another woman gets more time with Tate.

And if Brady has given the nanny strict orders to disrespect the mother of his child, in front of his child, then he is a bad father.

Theresa can easily come straight home from work and go to Tate's room and forget her tablet or the way out. She has used that tablet before at work.

Reactions: YPG
@lovelydays, I have to ask, have you watched today's scenes between Theresa, Brady, and Haley? I don't see how your comments relate to what I saw on screen today. Haley was not in the middle of Theresa and Brady today and she wasn't rude. Theresa came in the nursery and asked her to find her tablet. Haley simply reminded her she wasn't her maid. That's it! Theresa got in an uproar and yelled asking how dare she talk to her like that. Talk to her like what? Later Theresa came into the nursery and said something about Haley trying to make her look bad in front of Brady. How is Haley trying to make her look bad??? Again, Haley told the truth, Theresa was doing a good job of that on her own. She didn't yell and her tone wasn't rude.

I just don't get the argument that any tension between Theresa and the nanny isn't Theresa's doing. She's jealous of the friendly relationship Haley has developed with Brady and wishes it was her cooing over Tate with Brady instead of the nanny.

@lovely...So you honestly think a 1 or 2 month old baby is aware of anyone "disrespecting" anyone else and knows who it is or what is going on? Hmmm, very unusual baby. But I thought Brady always made sure he & Theresa went into a different room.
I have no idea where you are getting the idea that Brady "gave orders to disrepect Theresa". That is not true . Evidently you have no problem at all with Theresa's cunning manipulations, and see it in a different light. Personally, I think Brady has been the more responsible one here.....I saw the stupidly inept way Theresa attempted to put that crib together. Glad she did not have Tate there and put him in it.....I have also heard Theresa plotting, heard her talking to her friend, Anne, and to Eve, who advised her to cool it, or she WILL lose. Theresa has listened to no one.
Another whaaa, whaaa, poor me, everyone is against me, won't let me have my way. Just like Will. Eve.

If It comes across that I don't think much of Theresa, that is true. Don't think too highly of Brady either. Tate is probably very lucky a nanny is there to see to it he is cared for properly.

And since everyone is entitled to their own opinions, including me, there are probably others who feel Theresa is the poor, put upon, much maligned, innocent mother. But.....am not one of them.

I have really wanted to have Theresa find that little corner of humanity left in her little black heart. And she's actually come close a couple of times. But, regardless of whether anyone believes Theresa has been playing Brady or not, she's about to. And if she's setting up what she's been alluding to, I'll not likely be tempted to root for her again. No way.

The whole reason Brady allowed Theresa to move into the mansion was so she could become more comfortable caring for the baby. She and the nanny are supposed to work together so that Tate gets proper care and Theresa can learn to take care of him on her own. Nobody is cooperating in any way to make that happen.

Brady IS making it difficult for Theresa to care for the baby by always sending her away when it is supposed to be his time. I would think for a few days he would actually allow her the time to spend with Tate so she can move out on her own. I also feel that while the Haley is not Theresa's personal maid, she is not trying to work with her in any way and does have an attitude whenever Theresa is around.

And yes, Theresa is making most of the problems in this situation by scheming to get Brady back instead of learning to be a good mom to Tate. She should accept her losses, forget about Brady, and move into her own place where she can set the rules about how Tate should be taken care of. If she wants money, she can make an arrangement with Brady for Tate's care and then she would be set. Brady would probably agree to get her out of the house.

The more Theresa makes stupid plots to get Brady back, than more likely at the end of the year of their custody agreement, Brady might sue for full custody, and I still want Theresa to have a chance to become a great mom to Tate.

Reactions: YPG
Thanks for the summary, DaysD.

Nice to see John with several people. We heard his famous
line and he mentioned Marlena.

I enjoyed seeing Theo with Abe and rest of the gang.

I thought it was odd Brady told Theresa she can't be around
when it's his time with Tater Tot. Is she suppose to leave the
mansion or just not be around Brady? Theresa made Brady so
mad he had to talk to her alone.

Is Abby pregnant or is it just the flu?

I got confused with Lucas and Adrienne. Does Adrienne still
want to be with Justin?

I laughed when Theresa told Anne she was just the egg donor :)

I didn't see today's scene, but in the past Hayley has been VERY snippy with Jeannie T. Though it's hard not to be, because Jeannie T is so snippy with everyone, even those who are kind to her. There's nobody to root for in this scenario. I wish Tater were still with Kristen, honestly. My dream is that Jeannie T leaves Salem with Tate and Brady follows her and the three of them never return.

I didn't think this episode was that great.

I was annoyed at Brady that he didn't let John hold Tate. Instead he handed him back to Hayley so the baby could get some air. Excuse me?!? I also didn't like the look on Brady's face at the end. He will totally cave in to Jeannie T.

Jeannie T. has brought on all her troubles herself. It's high time she get punished. I realize fans have different opinions about the show but I also don't understand how Jeannie T. is rootable at this point because she is not.

Adrienne and Lucas just need to move on. Can we bring back Sheryl for him perhaps with a toddler in tow?

Even though it's obvious, I'm still curious as to how the Abigail pregnancy will be executed, especially with Clyde in the mix.

If Theresa is displeased with the way Brady treats her and dismisses her during "his time" with Tate and she doesn't like the nanny's "attitude", the solution is simple - LEAVE. Of course, she's too obsessed with Brady to do that.

Brady IS making it difficult for Theresa to care for the baby by always sending her away when it is supposed to be his time. I would think for a few days he would actually allow her the time to spend with Tate so she can move out on her own.... She should accept her losses, forget about Brady, and move into her own place where she can set the rules about how Tate should be taken care of. If she wants money, she can make an arrangement with Brady for Tate's care and then she would be set. Brady would probably agree to get her out of the house.

Brady and Theresa have designated times to be with Tate so that they can avoid each other. Theresa agreed to this when she moved in. Stupid, yes, but she agreed to it, and somehow she's always around during Brady's time.

About the bolded, she had her own home! She wanted out of her own place so she could play house with Brady. Brady offered her a bigger place and money. Again, she declined, because he didn't come with that set up.

I didn't see today's scene, but in the past Hayley has been VERY snippy with Jeannie T. Though it's hard not to be, because Jeannie T is so snippy with everyone, even those who are kind to her. There's nobody to root for in this scenario. I wish Tater were still with Kristen, honestly. My dream is that Jeannie T leaves Salem with Tate and Brady follows her and the three of them never return.

I didn't find her to be snippy. Just matter of fact. And Brady was in the room initially and he defended Hayley.

I agree with you on everything else but I'd like Brady to return in 3 months played by Kyle Lowder again so they can bring Chloe back for him. I saw a very recent interview with him and he said he'd love to return, even as a different character. I say just have him play Brady again.

I'd like Kyle Lowder (former Brady) to return as someone else. I think Eric Martsolf is great as Brady, would hate to see him leave.

edited to add actor's first name and character name - JS

Most maternity leaves are paid so there is no reason Theresa couldn't get off for a few months to bond with her new baby.
Most maternity leaves are UNPAID. It's rare to find a company that offers paid maternity leave. If a company is big enough to have to offer three months off for the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), many women cannot afford to take off the full three months since it is unpaid.

Theresa thought staying at the mansion meant never going back to work. Theresa also thinks she is now a queen living there and she can boss the nanny around. The nanny is for Tate only, but I do agree that the nanny shouldn't always be taking care of Tate. When a parent is home, that should be their job.

I was annoyed that when John arrived, they couldn't just not have Tate go outside. So ridiculous. Brady even had to apologize to John about how little time he had with Tate. Umm Brady, you were the one that couldn't just change the plans even for a short while.

I also have not seen the nanny be rude to Theresa. I have only seen Theresa rude to the nanny. Amazing how we see things differently.

I saw pictures of the professionally trained nanny Prince William and Princess Kate hired for their children. She was at Princess Charlotte's christening in a uniform (dress) from the nanny school she was certified through. The dress was very professional, flat shoes and a hat.

Then you have Nanny Hayley, looking like she stepped from a sexy photoshoot somewhere.

Here's Prince George and Princess Charlotte's nanny (in the beige dress and brown hat):

princess-charlotte-christening.jpg

I don't understand why there is a nanny for Tate either. They had her within a day of arriving home from the hospital. You'd think Brady and Jeannie would want to bond with their kid a bit being as they've missed so much time already. But I guess this is Tomlin and Whitesell's way of giving Jeannie T yet another enemy.

I saw pictures of the professionally trained nanny Prince William and Princess Kate hired for their children. She was at Princess Charlotte's christening in a uniform (dress) from the nanny school she was certified through. The dress was very professional, flat shoes and a hat.

Then you have Nanny Hayley, looking like she stepped from a sexy photoshoot somewhere.

And I believe their nanny is also part time so that William and Kate can actually raise their own children. All my friends who have nannies always take over once they are home for the day. The nanny doesn't continue watching the kid while the parents are home.

I went and looked up the nanny agency that provides the royal nannies the other day when I first saw those photos. Its an interesting read.

I'd accept jeans, a top and sneakers/flat shoes as acceptable nanny wear. You want something which you don't mind getting soiled by baby vomit and general kiddy crud, and something which you can get down on the floor to play with the kids in. But that's basically my daily uniform because I'm a stay at home mum with little kids. No point wearing heels to supervise sand pit play!

Theresa is being unrealistic, but knowing how much of a cow Brady is being at the moment I doubt anyone ever sat down with her before her arrival and showed her the nanny's contract and outlined what her responsibilities are and are not. But that's basically the biggest problem with Theresa and Brady anyway - they don't ever communicate. She's insecure and schemes and he's an idiot who rages and both of them act like morons. I do think they have chemistry and I was hoping that the baby would give them a common goal and soften them both a little, but it looks like the show is determined to mess this up. Why bother changing history to make this couple happen in the first place if they aren't going to give them any opportunity to actually connect?

Back