Days of Our Lives - Thursday, November 11, 2010

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
At the Horton cabin, Chloe is screaming as Melanie attempts to deliver her baby. It seems the umbilical cord is wrapped around the baby’s neck. Chloe screams louder. (Even though only the head is out, Melanie refers to the baby as “he.”)

Melanie says the baby keeps slipping back into the birth canal and urges Chloe to shut up and push. Daniel and Philip arrive just as the shoulders are out and Melanie turns the job over to Daniel who suctions the baby’s mouth and instantly hands Chloe a large, clean, five pound baby wrapped in a blanket. They decide to take Chloe and the baby to the hospital to be checked.

Melanie holds the baby and talks to him. Chloe thanks Melanie as Melanie cries and Daniel talks about how happy he is. Philip takes a family picture of the three of them.

Caroline assures Stephanie that since Kayla is back in Africa, they are the only two who know that Philip is the father of Chloe’s baby. Stephanie chides her grandmother for changing the test results and is calling it a sin. Caroline continues to talk about how evil Melanie is and that she will get just what she wants if Stephanie tells the truth.

Caroline talks about how Philip gave up his first child to strangers and as Stephanie balks as Caroline becomes sarcastic. Stephanie says she called Roman and is going to tell him everything. Caroline says she will have to hire a lawyer if Roman puts his own mother in jail. They both leave to go see Roman.

Brady and Rafe continue to look through the contents of Arianna’s safety deposit box. Brady tells Rafe that he and his family should have the items since he and Arianna were no longer together. Rafe seems more focused on finding the camera and Brady finds that very suspicious Just then, EJ arrives at the Kiriakis home. Brady comments that EJ is on enemy turf. EJ tells Brady that he and Rafe are there for the same reason.

EJ says he doesn’t have anything to remember Arianna by and asks for a copy of her will. Brady tells him to take it up with Justin. EJ asks about the box but Brady won’t let him near it. EJ leaves. Brady mentions EJ’s comment that Arianna had proof of who shot him. The ever discerning Brady realizes that Sami is the one who shot EJ.

Although Rafe denies it, Brady knows better but doesn’t care whether Sami did it or not and is glad the proof is gone. Rafe denies everything and says that whatever proof Arianna had must have died with her. They talk about what EJ might do and Rafe leaves with the box.

Nicole shows up at Sami’s door saying she wants to see Sydney and that she knows Sami shot EJ. They spar a little and Nicole plays cat and mouse with Sami before telling her to check her email. Sami reluctantly does so and finds that Nicole has sent her the video confession. Sami watches some of the video and asks Nicole how she got it. Nicole tells her about having Arianna’s camera and that she got it from the safety deposit box. Sami dumps the contents of Nicole’s purse looking for the camera. Nicole laughs, tells Sami that she has other copies of the video and reminds Sami that if the police find the gun, they could still get her fingerprints from it.

Sami wonders why Nicole came to her about the video and they talk about EJ and what he did to both of them. Nicole tells Sami she wants to be a part of Sydney’s life, sort of like a godmother, in return for keeping quiet about the video. Sami brings up the kidnapping, Witness Protection, and her hatred for Stefano and EJ. Nicole says she only wanted to give EJ his own child and how she and Sami got along when they lived together briefly. In the other room, they hear Sydney’s voice and Nicole goes to check on her as Sami stands there with her mouth hanging open before she stops Nicole from going to the child. Nicole reminds Sami what prison life is like. Sami tells her that if she goes to jail, EJ will get custody of Sydney. Nicole leaves to file her story at the television station but Sami stops her. Nicole pleads her case again as Sami balks.

Nicole devises a plan of how she can spend time with Sydney so no one will be the wiser. Sami knows Nicole will hold it over her head forever and will probably show the video to Sydney someday. Nicole says Sami should have thought of Sydney before she pulled the trigger. As Nicole starts to leave again, Sami grabs her and pushes her against the door. They struggle and Sami pushes Nicole who hits her head on the corner of a table and falls to the floor.

Roman is at the hospital to meet Stephanie when he runs into Nathan. They talk a little and Stephanie and Caroline show up. Roman leaves for a few minutes and Stephanie tells her grandmother that she will take the blame for changing the test results. Caroline still tries to talk her out of it. Nathan comes by as Stephanie leaves to talk to Roman. Daniel et al show up at the hospital about the same time. Nathan takes the baby to the NICU. Melanie and Philip tell Stephanie about what happened at the cabin.

Later, in the Salem University Hospital’s “room,” Daniel leaves and Chloe continues to thank Melanie who says she did it for her little brother. Melanie says she won’t tell Daniel the truth. In the hallway, Daniel lets Philip hold the baby as Stephanie and Caroline look on. Daniel takes the baby to Chloe and they decide to name him Parker which was his mother’s maiden name.

Stephanie, who has been watching everyone, takes Caroline aside as Roman comes in to talk to them. Stephanie changes her mind about telling Roman about the test results and Caroline tells her she did the right thing.

EJ is at home and leaving a message for Justin about getting a copy of Arianna’s will. EJ looks at the figurine Arianna left him and tries to figure out a secret message. When he breaks it, there seems to be a piece of paper inside. In the next scene, EJ is scooping up the pieces of the statue and the paper isn’t there.

Previews:
Chad tells Kate he intends to find out the truth, one way or another.
Jennifer tells Hope she came to get her out of prison.
Looking down at Nicole, Sami tells Rafe she thinks Nicole is dead.

Sami has a terrible "poker face"! When Nicole said she had proof that Sami shot EJ, Sami's face said it all. If she could only learn to keep a straight face when hearing the whole "you shot EJ" accusation.

But, I did enjoy the scenes with Sami and Nicole. I would really love to see them team up and go after EJ. And then bring some adventure back to Salem and open a private investigating agency.

And WOW, everyone is so gleeful over Parker's birth, which is only going to make the fallout that much harder when the truth is revealed. It's gonna be ugly, that's for sure.

Wish I would have come here first, as I did not know kathy was going to write this up. However, she wrote me, telling me if I had done it ....to just delete hers, which of course I will not do. I am ever so grateful......as I had a few problems here, so know she got more accurate than I did. Kathy, thank you so very much. Truly!

Here is what I wrote......but much later than Kathy.

Chloe’s labor continues, Melanie is still making faces, telling her the baby is blue, she has to push, chloe yells, screams, does a few quick LaMaz breaths…..and the calvary arrives. Yep, in rush Phil & Papa Doc to the rescue. Bingo, without a single thought to anti-bacterial wipes, lol, Daniel is delivering the baby, and an even greater miracle…without a drop of water in sight, that baby is wrapped into a blanket and given to Chloe, all clean, pink and cute as a button. Yes, folks, a real baby, not a doll. 2nd miracle. Happy faces all around. Chloe thanks Melanie, asks her to hold the baby, Melanie gingerly takes her little brother, tells him how she will spoil him. Daniel has told Melanie how great she did in her first crisis as a new nurse. (hmmm, Daniel, you should have been there a bit earlier, lol). So….everyone has to go now to Salem Hospital, get all checked out.

Stephanie talks with Caroline, has decided that she is going to tell about the paternity switching, but say she did it herself. She feels strongly that it should come out. Caroline tries to talk her out of it, but Stephanie has already made an appt. to meet with Uncle Roman at the hospital, where he has to talk to a hospitalized witness. Caroline insists on going with her, and so, of course they are there when Chloe, new baby, Daniel, Philip & Melanie arrive. Stephanie learns Philip was there for the birth, sees how happy Daniel & Chloe are, and how happy Melanie & Philip are, too. She keeps giving looks to her gramma, whose looks back say “see, I told you!”

Nathan takes the new baby down to the natal unit…(I swear they called it NicU), Chloe gets settled in her room. Melanie comes in, Chloe thanks her for all that she did. Melanie says she just wants Chloe to know she is not going to tell Daniel, and she made this decision for her little brother….wanting him to have things better than she did. Two parents who love each other and him. She leaves, Daniel returns with the baby, gives him to Chloe, says he is fine. They talk of names, Daniel thought he’d like to name him after his mother…..not Lillian protests Chloe. No…her last name was Parker. And so be it, Parker it is. Philip & Melanie watch thru the window, Philip has been very touched..and tells Melanie that he really is now ready to be a father. Cue surprised look from Melanie.
Roman returns, Stephanie looks at her grandmother, tells him it was not important, that he probably has work to attend to. He does, just call him if she wants to discuss anything.

Brady & Rafe are talking about Arianna’s things, Brady figures EJ feels Arianna had something to prove who shot him. In walks EJ, who has decided he would like a copy of the will video. Brady says he will have to see Justin about that. EJ sees the covered box, touches it, commenting this must be Arianna’s things. He wants to take a look, both Brady & Rafe put the kibosh on that. EJ leaves.
Now Brady has been putting 2 & 2 together, Rafe is looking for a camera, EJ for proof, Brady figures Sami shot EJ. He tells Rafe he hates EJ, hates what he did to Sami, hates that he tries to call Arianna a friend, and wouldn’t have blamed Sami at all. If there is some kind of proof, it evidently died with Arianna. Rafe says that Sami was with him that night, and EJ cannot prove anything different. Brady reminds him that EJ has lost his children, Sami, feels he has nothing….so who knows what he will do next.

EJ returns home, staring at the little statue that Arianna left to him, wondering exactly what it means. He finally lays it on the coffee table, picks up what looks like a large budda statue, and smashes the little one to smithereens. Awwww, nothing inside it, after all. He calls Justin’s office, insisting on getting a copy of the will video.

Nicole is telling Sami, at her apt. that she wants to see Sydney, visit with her, etc. Sami says no way, Nicole is confident….tells her to check her e-mail. Sami opens the laptop, and seems Nicole sent her a video…..of her confessing. Sami asks where she got that, Nicole says it is amazing how she just happened to find it. Explains about the safety deposit box. Sami gets upset that brady knows this, too. Nope. And now Nicole talks of how EJ treated her, she understands what drove Sami to do what she did, but begins the veiled threats. If they drag the river, they could still pull fingerprints from the gun. She talks of jail, wardens, etc. All she wants is time with Sydney….send her a birthday card, go for a walk in the park, maybe a sleepover, or a little trip. Sami is indignant, talking of Nicole turning her daughter against her. Nicole keeps it up, Sami isn’t buying, Nicole starts to leave. Sami calls her back, reminding her of leaving 4 children motherless, and that Sydney would go to EJ. Nicole says she should have thought of Sydney before she pulled that trigger. She makes a cracks about the big guard, Della, giving her a backrub every night, maybe a pedicure once a week, rub her feet…and she might have it easier. But then Sami has been in prison before and knows all about that stuff.
Nicole says she has to file a story now, starts heading out the door, talking of how this story will probably win her an Emmy…..but it is nothing compared to the cheek of a small child’s next to yours. She turns her back, and an angry Sami pulls her back into the room. She is not going anywhere yet. They struggle, and suddenly down goes Nicole, evidently hitting the corner of the counter, which shows blood dripping, as Nicole lays unconscious on the floor.

Barb

How about Nicole threatening Sami with what prison would be like.

Sami should've said "ummmm, HELLO, I WAS on death row in prison, strapped to the gurney in an execution chamber and technically put to death for a murder I didn't commit!!!"

Way! TWO summaries today!!! How cool is that? You guys are great!

So EJ smashed the SPECIAL statue? Guess that takes care of the "friendship". Rafe will kill him when he finds out. How stupid was he to think that she would hide the video or a note in the statue and it's not all glued together. He is losing it. Brady is right...no tell ing what he's capable of at this point.

So Sami has yet another fight. Wonder if Rafe is thinking that's three for three, I'd better start checking my oatmeal!

NiCU is neo-nataal intensive care. My sister worked newborn nursery for years. Usuallu, it's babies who have big problems who go there.

Thanks for the summary ladies. Today was one of the best episodes ever. Parker is born! Such fabulous scenes at the cabin and the hospital. Barb, I so wanted Daniel to wash his hands. Ew.

Philip taking a picture was the most normal moment I think they have ever had on the show in 45 years. Once he finds out the baby is his, I bet he'll be staring at that photo a lot.

I loved the scenes at the hospital too and all the ironies with Philip holding a baby he doesn't even know is his, and yet it makes him want to be a father. Wow.

Shelley Hennig as Stephanie did a fantastic job with all her facial expressions. She didn't have to say anything and you knew what she was thinking. But how is it that all of a sudden she's all in favor of telling the truth. Since when? That was an incredible and unbelievable 180. I guess they had to do something so that Stephanie and Caroline would be at the hospital when Chloe and her baby arrived.

I even liked the scenes with Nicole and Sami. I love Nicole having the upper hand. I was wondering how long it would take Sami to resort to violence. She really should be in prison.

Days is really knocking it out of the park for November sweeps, day after day.

Oh yeah, of course. Thanks for that reminder, KathyLu. I know everybody does that all the time now but I still forget about it. I actually figured out how to do it with my cell phone once but I just haven't caught the bug yet. Still use my little camera.

Thank you, both of you. I missed the show yesterday, so I really appreciate the summaries. (I was talking to a salesman about vinyl siding.)

I am really anxious to get home from work today and watch the episodes....

Thanks for the summary ladies.

Philip taking a picture was the most normal moment I think they have ever had on the show in 45 years. Once he finds out the baby is his, I bet he'll be staring at that photo a lot.

I loved the scenes at the hospital too and all the ironies with Philip holding a baby he doesn't even know is his, and yet it makes him want to be a father.

We do not really know who the father is yet!! Those test's were changed so many times and I don't think the writers know either. ha thanks for the write -ups, so appreciate it.

We do not really know who the father is yet!! Those test's were changed so many times and I don't think the writers know either. ha thanks for the write -ups, so appreciate it.

I disagree. Philip is Parker's father. We only know of one time that the test was changed, and that's when Caroline changed it from a negative match for Daniel to a positive match for Daniel. Any suggestion that it was "changed so many times" is an assumption.

I thought that it was confirmed that Philip is the father of the baby.
Maybe I'm wrong...

He better be the father of the baby! :D

Back