Days of Our Lives - Tue., July 28, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Kmansion, a neatly-dressed young woman exits. An exasperated Brady closes the door, tells Jeannie Theresa that they've interviewed half of Salem without success. Why is everyone unqualified? Jeannie is smirking. Later, Brady is on the phone, delaying work until he can get to the office. He and Jeannie T discuss some of the candidates they've seen, including one whom they caught googling Brady's net worth. Jeannie T has looked at some parenting websites, they have to have the right nanny. Jeannie has to check in at the hospital, will be back later. Maggie comes in, lamenting there's no nanny yet, while outside the front door, Jeannie T smirks that she's rigged the system. Later, back inside, Maggie has marvelled over Tate, and she and Brady discuss the nanny search. Jeannie T has the questions, picked the agencies, etc., because he's so logged at work. Maggie suspects Jeannie T is prolonging this in order to remain at the Kmansion. Brady just wants this to be over. Maggie reminds him to change the things he can change.

In a dark part of the park, Jeannie and Anne are talking about how excellent their plans are. Apparently Anne has a friend who helped them rig the system, there are 10 terrible nannies for every good one. Anne mentions her friend will want compensation. Jeannie promises she'll come through, and they talk about how Jeannie's not after Brady for his money, she loves Tate, etc. A lady arrives, Megan, snacking on something, throws it on the ground. This is your dream nanny, Anne states. She keeps littering as she talks about her qualifications (worked for the Mannings in East Salem, and the Hawkins, etc.). She keeps littering, Jeannie T instructs her that part of the job involves pushing Jeannie T/Brady as a couple.

At Aiden's office, Ben has been summoned. Aiden got a call from Florida. Ben is worried; he thought the case was closed. Is there anything more, Aiden wonders? Ben reasserts that he shouldn't have held back in their initial meeting, but all he did was tell people where they could find gambling, if they asked. Reminder that Ben was called "Kevin Reynolds" in Florida in order to hide from Clyde, who didn't find him. Aiden assumes this is nothing, tells Ben to go about his evening. Ben leaves; Aiden ponders.

In the bushy clearing, at night, Clyde is talking to a henchman. They have "everything they need" on the lab technician, it all goes down tonight.

In Abby's office, Kayla delivers the good news that she's 8 weeks along, and can have the paternity test. They have Chad's DNA on file, which they will use to compare paternity. Kayla claims this is barely questionable and almost not a privacy violation. :eek: Kayla thinks this will relieve Abby, they talk about how her family will support her. No matter who the father is, the baby is YOURS, Kayla says. Abby worries how they'll feel if the baby's a DiMera. Kayla reminds her that nobody in "this family" loves Sydney/Johnny less because of who their father was. And the baby could be Ben's, concentrate on that, Kayla suggests. There's a cul-de-sac about Abby keeping the baby. Abby hasn't changed her mind, she's just overwhelmed. Martin Heinz will handle everything, Kayla will remove Chad's name from the samples, Abby's name won't be on the samples. Everything will be anonymous. She gets a text from Will. (See below.)

At Will/Sonny's, Will brings Arianna to Chad. While Chad is holding Arianna, Will flashes back to last Tuesday's talk with Abby about what she'll do if Chad is the father. As he takes Ari back, Will tells Chad Sonny's not here. Chad came to see him. Will has to put Ari down for a nap, in preparation for a trip to the sitter's. Will comes out, as Chad is looking at a photo. They talk about Grace, whom Will remembers well. She would have been 6 in January. Chad thinks of her anytime he sees a little girl, especially Arianna. But he came to talk about Abigail. He's been trying to talk to her, but she won't answer his calls. He talked to her "TODAY" at the hospital, she was angry, and he was thrown out by "Ben's old man." Will wonders what made her angry. Chad says he did something horrible, unspeakable ×10, "LAST MONTH." He did it because he loves her. Chad needs to correct the situation quickly, before Ben takes it to the next level. (He mentions talking to Marlena about this.) Will wants to know what Chad will do if Abby's "sold" on Ben. He says he'll back off, but he needs her to know how he feels. Asks for Will's help getting to Abby. He texts her, and after her scenes with Kayla (above), is on her way over. Chad wants to ambush her, Will says no. Chad will wait in the park.

At Eric's, replay of Eric clasping Nicole's hands and vowing silence about "what happened" that night. Nicole thanks him, asks if he's over her. Eric says no. Nicole is flummoxed, he can't have it both ways. He talks about his thought process, how he only wanted to tell Daniel because he thought he could have her then, it was selfish. But her truly loves her, and wants her happy. Nicole is grateful, relieved, but still worried about Serena. Eric won't say a word, no matter what Serena tries. She leaves, and while they're outside, Caroline walks up. She mistakenly thinks that Eric and Nicole got back together and she forgot, Eric reminds her they're just friends, tells Caroline about Daniel/Nicole. Caroline wishes them well, Nicole leaves. Caroline tells Eric that he deserves to be happy, too.

At Daniel's, replay of Serena telling Daniel there's something he needs to hear. About Eric. Daniel invites her in, warns her that he won't help her fix things with Eric. She didn't come for a favour, she came to do one for him. She decides to wait until Nicole arrives, as she should hear this, too. Sits down. Daniel fumes, Serena learns Nicole lives there, Daniel says they're engaged. Daniel tells Serena, "We're done." Serena says they need to do this now. Daniel again attempts to throw her out, doesn't want her to trash Nicole, she says this is information she would want if she were about to marry someone. Daniel doesn't trust the source, goes to throw her out. She says Eric and Nicole slept together the night they almost died. Daniel is sick of her games, he doesn't have to believe her, she says, "Listen to your good friend." Plays him the recording, where Eric says they "started to make love." She tries to play it for him again, he stops her. Serena says she's made mistakes, but admits to hers, unlike Nicole. As she leaves she hurls more Nicole insults. Daniel slams the door.

Still in the clearing, Clyde gets a call from Ben about the Aiden situation. Later, he startlingly greets Aiden in his office. Clyde wants info on who called, Aiden can't discuss it, but Ben is free to disclose it if he wishes. Clyde pushes, Aiden holds strong. Clyde leaves.

At the hospital, Kayla is talking to Martin for a favour as a bearded man watches.

At Will/Sonny's, Abby has arrived. Will asks about the test, learns it's tomorrow, and Abby vows to tell him. He tells her he wants to talk about Chad. Abby flips, acts hysterically. Gets furious when she finds out Chad was here, wants to know WHAT Will told him. Abby is furious, tries to leave. Will tells her Chad's in love with her.

Later, the bearded man calls Clyde, saw Martin talking to "the lady doctor," has plans to follow Martin home. Clyde calls someone else, says, "It's a go."

At the Kmansion, Jeannie T has brought Megan, who spits her gum out on the front porch. Calls to Brady, who has found the perfect nanny.

In his office, Aiden tells someone on the phone to "keep digging" because he wants to know everything about Clyde Weston. He hears a noise and jumps.

In the park, Chad gets a call, thinks it's Will, but it's Zoe. He begs her off, waiting on an important call. Ben appears.

Walking through the park, Martin is intercepted by Clyde, who won't let him pass.

In the Square (which I think has artificial light), Caroline is walking with Eric. She tells him not to give up on love, despite having been hurt. He says his family and friends are enough for now; Caroline doesn't think so. Caroline leaves; Eric spots Serena.

At Daniel's, Daniel is talking to Maggie, but he doesn't want to talk about the engagement party. He is a bit choked up, agrees to hear her possible dates. Looks at the pad (where he wrote the dates) as Nicole enters, as she waxes about how everything's perfect (while his back is to her). He turns, glaring; she asks what's wrong.

Somewhere, Carly Manning is getting bad vibes. Kayla took her to task for conducting a secret paternity test, and now she's doing it?

I'm not on board for a paternity test anymore. Even though they've sped up Abby's pregnancy, it's still dragging!

WOW I am overwhelmed with Eric/Nicole "feels" after their scenes today. This is the classy, ex-priest Eric Brady whom I've missed.

I hope Aiden shoots Clyde in the head. Clyde didn't need to get any creepier.

Thanks for the summary.

I feel as if the bit about Theresa and Anne didn't really fit into this episode. I don't know why, just seemed out of place. Maybe it's just because I loathe this story so.

Good grief, how many times can Serena plot and scheme, only for it to fail? I'll never stop wondering why the writers are having her stay so long. With Melanie out of town, nobody likes her. Heck, if Daniel called Melanie off-screen and told her the truth, then the redheaded toddler might also hate Bluebird. She's pathetic and annoying, and I'd much rather see more of Maggie and Caroline than her. As for Daniel and Nicole, this "will-they-won't-they?" thing has almost become as commonplace as it was when he was paired with Haggifer.

This Aiden and Clyde bit is interesting, and I'm liking how they're weaving this all into the Chad/Abigail/Ben triangle.

Yes, I'm interested in the Clyde/Aiden thing as well. I actually jumped at the same time Aiden did at the end, LOL.

On the topic of Serena, whom I really wanted to like but the writers made it impossible...it's hard for me to accept the way things are written. These are the writers who wrote Sami and EJ, a victim and her rapist, as the LEAD couple. If EJ can be "redeemed" (though In my opinion he wasn't), Serena certainly could. But the writers aren't interested in telling stories of that nature, only in pushing certain couples. They need Serena to be the "third" against Daniel/Nicole. Silly. Just my thoughts, folks.

Oh...and on that same topic of the former "Golden Couple," I threw up in my mouth a little when Chad declared he'd done something "unspeakable, multiplied by 10," to Abby. Really, writers? How then would we quantify the MANY THINGS that Eeej and Sam-me did to each other???!?!? *RANT OVER*

I could also have gone another week or so without seeing Jeannie T.

I think Anne's nanny candidate was eating fried pork rinds. Which, I am not gonna lie, I love them. But wow, not a much more stereotypically low-class snack to be found, especially eaten straight out of the bag. All she needed was a Mt. Dew in the other hand.

Otherwise, a rather dull episode for me. Thanks for keeping awake and creating another fine summary for us, Jason!

Thank you, Jason.

This was a so-so episode for me. I also thought the scene sequences seemed odd. Maybe the new writers had new scenes shot and inserted to tweak the flow to their way the stories will go?

The whole baby story line bores me except I get to see Chad.

My eyes are still dilated, but I thought Daniel had more of a teary hurt look than a glare when talking to Maggie and when Nicole came in.

If the DNA samples are unmarked, how will Clyde have the lab tech rig the results. Is Clyde aware they will be testing against Chad's DNA? I guess I'm just not understanding how this switch is suppose to happen when the tech isn't even supposed to know which man the sample is coming from.

The Love Doctor really needs to wise up. First, he should realize that for the obsessive, overly-scrupulous Eric, "starting to make love" means him giving a woman a peck on the cheek with lust in his heart. Second, when Bluebird said that the recording was of Eric confessing to a priest, he should have grabbed the recording device and rushed down the police station with evidence that lowlife Ms. Mason had committed a felony. Equally clueless was, who else, Jeannie T. The sight of her pork-rind loving, litterbug, gum-chewing nanny would have given Brady, Maggie, and Victor an immediate case of heartburn. Speaking of Victor, imagine his reaction if he'd stepped in the gum the nanny spit out at the K-mansion entrance. Finally, a few notable quotes were: Jeannie T.: "I don't want to marry Brady because he's rich" (whom does she think she's kidding); and Brady: "I'm swamped at the office" (of course he is -- he rarely does any work).

Plus, do they even have both male samples? I assumed that since they had Chad's they would just test it against his and if it matched it's his. If it doesn't match, then she knows it's Ben's. What is there to "switch"?
When Clyde grabbed the lab technician, looks like he's going to threaten him into making sure the baby is Ben's (at least on paper, anyway). He may be giving the lab tech a sample of his own DNA to see if the baby is a match (since the DNA test could tell if the baby is from the Weston line with Clyde's DNA).

But how does Clyde know whose sample it is that they're testing. Abby could've plucked some DNA from Ben without him knowing lol.

He knows that Abby hasn't told Chad or Ben, so wouldn't it be logical to assume she's testing against Ben since they live together and a sample would be relatively easy to get from him (Is an actual blood sample needed to test against an unborn fetus or could she use his toothbrush? I have no clue how this stuff works. Luckily I've never needed a paternity test done LOL).

Thanks, Jason. So Clyde went digging for dirt on poor, innocent Martin.

I think Kayla was only talking of having Chad's DNA on file at the hospital. I am guessing that it will be the only thing to compare. As LisaK noted, they would really only need to compare one. The funny thing is, therefore, they would not need Chad's at all. Only Ben's and as noted, Abby could have taken his toothbrush, a utensil he used, hair from a comb or brush.

And thus, again, I agree that if there is no name on the "Abby" test, and none on the prospective match, how would CLYDE be able to threaten poor Martin to make sure the result is what he wants.

I mean, Clyde would not know WHOSE DNA is being used. So how is Martin to "make sure". Of course, Clyde could give martin something from his son.....and tell Martin just to make sure THIS is the match. ????:confused:

Good points. Clyde doesn't know that, at least not as far as we know. Unless he, like all good soap villains, has access to the scripts. :)

HOWEVER - I think it makes sense the way the DNA part is playing out. Use a file on sample, nobody's the wiser. Ben's not smart, but he might notice his toothbrush is missing.

As to how poor Martin would know whose paternity test to tamper with (presuming Clyde is successful in his blackmail/thuggery), I'm guessing there aren't TONS of paternity tests run through Salem U - then again...LOL.

By the way, I'll kvetch all afternoon tomorrow if Martin is a gambler and THAT'S how Clyde pins him.

Back