Days of Our Lives - Tues., Apr. 12, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Abby sits on the sofa playing with Thomas, Chad comes in, suggesting that though he cleaned up as best he could, the bedroom still smells, and they should pack a bag, go to a hotel. Abby says why, and why should our bedroom smell. Chad is puzzled, but then eventually realizes that Abby doesn't remember any of what happened. When he says that Ben is gone, she is safe, he won't bother her again, she is surprised, was Ben here. You mean he got in the house? chad asks her what she remembers of tonight, she says she had a bad dream, just a jumble of scenes. He drops it, then again suggests a hotel, but she wants to stay right there, on that sofa, with Thomas (who is cutting another tooth) and Chad, all night.

At the Pub, Roman is having an emotional and intense conversation with Eric, who is to be sentenced tomorrow. Roman has called in a favor from the warden, Eric will be in a section of prison where there is never any trouble. Eric doesn't want his father calling in favors for him, but Roman notes that Eric will have a target on his back just because he is the commissioner's son, and he would do anything for his son. They get very emotional, hugs, Roman asks Eric to go see his mother, tho Eric doesn't want to, figuring he let her down. Nope, we both will always love you, will be there tomorrow. Roman leaves, Eric ponders, then does go see Marlena.

At their place, John & Marlena were planning on going out, but Marlena asks if they could just stay home, John agrees, she goes to rustle up some dinner, he answers the door to Eric, Marlena comes rushing back out, John hugs Eric, will see him tomorrow, pretends to have some work, and leaves. It is now mother & son having an emotional time, she is promising to come visit every week, but he doesn't want that. Hugs, tears, he can't stay, more goodbyes on his agenda. (he had told both parents he has not had a drink in 3 days.

Over at Jen's, Lucas is trying to have a talk with Jennifer, who denies having any kind of pill problem. Lucas said she could barely walk in the square (where she evidently ran into Chad earlier in scenes we did not see, but reference is made to them). She is insisting she has back pain, only takes one pill to take the edge off, etc. Lucas knows better, is an addict himself, has heard this same thing at many meetings. He is trying his best, she is getting ticked, JJ comes in, saying something about Abby.

JJ lets them know Ben got into the DiMera place, attacked Abby, she fought back, he is gone, is in the hospital, is o.k. as is Thomas. Jen insists on going there, JJ goes with her, Lucas leaves. At DiMansion, Abby is sleeping, dreaming of striking matches, kissing Ben, setting him on fire, stabbing him, a jumble of scenes. Chad comes downstairs, just as JJ & Jen arrive. Jen insists he tell her what happened, he relates his story of Ben breaking in, attacking Abby, who did what she had to do to protect herself, and the baby. He tells of her stabbing him with the scissors, and throwing a kerosene lamp at him, he is burnt, in the hospital. She goes in to see the sleeping Abby, while JJ tells Chad his story has to stay straight, no deviation, and everyone has to say the same. He says he never saw a kerosene lamp, but Chad says he had several, for Abby, for when the power goes out. Jen comes out, says she will be back tomorrow. Chad asks if she is o.k., she was a bit wobbly earlier in the square. She is fine. She goes home with JJ, telling him to just make sure Ben stays locked up, & away from his sister. He leaves.

Jen pours herself a glass of wine, looks at her purse, takes out her pills, takes a couple, downing them with her entire glass of wine. She is sitting on the sofa, knock, knock. Tis Eric, looking for "a hideout". She says this is the perfect place, invites him in, nods to the wine carafe, help yourself. He does, they toast, drink. She realizes he will be sentenced tomorrow, suddenly kisses him, and they are going at it. She grabs his hand, her purse, pulls him to the foyer, more kissing, he asks where they should go, she says she doesn't care, take me somewhere, anywhere, now. Out the door they go.

At DiMansion, Chad is watching Abby sleep, as he does a search on his laptop for "nervous breakdown". He is reading, staring at Abby. Finally he closes the laptop, his hands are in a sort of prayer position, as he watches his wife sleeping, his eyes seem to be tearing up.

At the hospital, JJ arrives at Ben's room, the guard opens the door for him. Ben is sleeping (or knocked out), legs bandaged, but not his feet. JJ stands bedside, telling Ben this isn't enough, you deserve more. I know you can hear me, even if you are drugged up, but this is not nearly enough. You terrorized my sister, threatened her, attacked her, and you deserve way more than this. He bends close to Ben's ear...YOU.... WILL..... PAY.

Wow, wonder what type of pain pills Jen has? Mine just made me sleepy and not hurt. Never made me want to jump on the next person I saw. Maybe because I wasn't taking them with a glass of wine.

I'd like to feel really sorry for Eric, but as he hasn't really been on since, well, the day of the accident and even then we hadn't seen him in quite a while, it's hard to care.

But some comments as I haven't seen the show.

It sounds like John leaves to give mom and son some alone time That is great. I like that It is in the character of the John I know to allow a mother and child a private conversation, even if he did raise the child as his own through the formative years. Nice touch.

Thanks for the write up. I'll have to catch up tomorrow, provided it gets DVR'd today.

I'm trying to find something good to say about today's show. Love Billy Fynn's (Chad) acting. That's all I have good to say. I feel bad for the actors who play Eric and Jennifer. The scenes they had to do today were rotten tomato worthy.

When Eric leaves Marlena's, John comes out, she turns to him, and he comes and holds her as she breaks down crying.

And yes, sway is correct...JJ lists all the victims of Ben, as he talks to him....and first he names Paige, then Will, Serena, and "the poor woman in the woods".

It's a little disturbing that Abby was dreaming of everything she did to Ben and did not wake up screaming but continued to sleep peacefully.

Do not like Jen and Eric. I'm sorry but I kind a feel like they're related. Just seems icky. And he celebrates not having a drink for 3 days by having a drink? And Jen basically encouraged him?

I did like JJ talking to Ben and mentioning everyone that he killed.

Thank you, Poirot.

It sounds like the Abby, Chad, JJ, Ben stuff is still good.

I lost interest in Eric a long time ago when they made him question his vows as a priest. I didn't like him with anyone before, and I definitely can't watch him drink with and kiss a high / drunk Jennifer. I have a feeling I may be doing some fast forwarding when I get home.

By the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" let's see:

Jennifer's half-brother (Lucas) was Eric's brother-in-law at one time.

Eric is the uncle to Jennifer's niece and nephew and great-niece. (Allie, Will and Arianna Grace)

Jennifer's "cuz" (Hope) was married to Eric's uncle. (Bo)

Jennifer's younger cousins (first cousins, once removed?) (Shawn-D, Zack, Ciara) are Eric's first cousins.

Jennifer's second (?) cousin (Claire) is not only Eric's cousin (first, once removed?), but his niece.

Jennifer was once engaged to Eric's adopted uncle (Frankie), which would've made her his Aunt Jennifer had the wedding happened.

Jennifer's brother (Mike) was hooked up with Eric's half-sister (Carrie).

Jennifer's half brother (Lucas) had a nano-second make-out session with Eric's half-sister (Cassie, before finding out they were brother/sister), and nearly married Eric's other half-sister (Carrie).

And, like Sami and EJ, Jennifer was a teenager when Eric was a toddler.

It's just so thrown together. I think the last time we saw Jennifer and Eric interact, he was smarting off about her pills and she was glaring daggers at him. We go from that to him wanting to hide at her house, the same house she did an intervention with Lucas on him, to her offering him booze.

I like trainwrecks so I'm ok with Jen and Eric. Plus, its not like he's staying around so its basically a one night stand. He hasn't gotten any since Serena died. Jennifer hasn't got any since Jack died last? I think that was after Daniel wasn't it? Anyway, they are both adults who aren't really getting any and probably won't again for years so good on them.

Back