Days of Our Lives - Tues., Apr. 12, 2016

Yet again what another amazing episode! In truth I have to say everyone as a whole on today's episode did an awesome job acting. Of course Kate Mansi (Abby) portrayed delusional and crazy exceptionally well very passable. Billy Flynn (Chad) also I felt did a great job. I enjoyed Chad telling off Lani and JJ about Salem PD's incompetence as it's so true. I don't know, Lani sort of got on my nerves today, all cop and hardly no compassion.

Excellent scenes today as well with Eric interacting with Roman and Marlena. Very emotional scenes and sad to see in ways. I wish Eric would have just stayed with Marlena. It seemed to upset her that he didn't stay over. But it is Eric's last night free so I guess I don't blame him for wanting to have a good time and drink with Jennifer. I was shocked to see Jen just down that red wine with her pills, hardcore addict behavior for certain. Even when Eric and Jennifer cheered each other they again both downed the wine not even a sip. Party at the Horton house! From pot brownies to pills and booze! Now we get to see drunk sex between Eric and Jennifer at a cheap hotel perhaps! Don't miss your sentencing Eric lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed the scenes with Eric and his parents. Good to know Roman has people
in prison to watch over Eric while he's there.

Too bad Eric had to go to Jen's house.
I laughed when they both said they were hiding
from Lucas. I wonder if Jen will remember what they did. She took a pill with wine.
I'm sure the couch was happy
they left the house :)

How long before Jen realizes she's a drug addict? She only takes one when she feels bad,
but how times during the day does she do that

Great scenes with Abby and Chad. I wonder what she will remember tomorrow.

If there was ever a more depressing 42 minutes on TV, I can't remember it. Not one soul in this soap is anywhere near happy. If they keep it up, all they will need for sets is a hospital and mental institution.
In spite of this, the acting has been very good.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Jen and Eric together but was happy to see the 2 characters today as they have been missed. It bothers me that Jen could be Eric's mother. So while I don't like them sleeping together, I also get why they are. At the same time, what is the purpose of it? How will this drive story? Will Jen end up pregnant?

Great to see Lucas as part of the Jennifer and Eric stuff too. Glad he was persistent.

Great to see Eric with his parents but huge missed opportunity by not including Belle and Brady in at least some of the scenes. And how about a phone call to Sami and Carrie? I was actually surprised Marlena didn't mention Belle and Claire when she mentioned the extra bedroom.

LOVED JJ mentioning Ben's victims and starting with Paige and then Will! FINALLY!!! But where was Rafe??? If ever someone should have been part of this today, It should have been him. I hope JJ doesn't kill Ben. Let him suffer in jail. Also, I'd didn't need to see his legs for the 2nd day in a row.

I didn't understand how Abigail dreamt about the attack yet didn't remember it at all. Is she lying? Or was she just in the part of the sleep cycle where you forget your dreams?

Kinda tired of Eric's pity parade. It was a good angle at first, but really, sick of it. I'll miss the actor if the character actually leaves.

Not loving übercop JJ. Great John/Marlena supporting scenes with Eric.
Jennifer's half brother (Lucas) ......nearly married Eric's other half-sister (Carrie).
They did marry, but had it annulled.
Jennifer's second (?) cousin (Claire)
First cousin, twice removed. :)

I like trainwrecks so I'm ok with Jen and Eric. Plus, its not like he's staying around so its basically a one night stand. He hasn't gotten any since Serena died. Jennifer hasn't got any since Jack died last? I think that was after Daniel wasn't it? Anyway, they are both adults who aren't really getting any and probably won't again for years so good on them.
Jennifer and Daniel did make love a few times since Jack's death.

Thanks for the summary. Splendid acting all around.

Really am liking how the Chad/Abigail storyline is shaping up, and also JJ the cop is growing on me. I liked him going over to Ben at the end and listing the names of the victims. I feel so bad for both Abby and Chad. Her going through the breakdown, and Chad just being witness to it, is so much. I also feel that if Jennifer finds out, she'll pop even more pills. Or on the other hand, Abby will have a bigger breakdown if she learns of her mother's addiction.

I liked that Lucas, Jennifer, and Eric were on today since we haven't seen them in so long. However, I'm :sick::sick: at Jennifer & Eric. Would've been in better taste if they were just friends and hung out platonically while engaging in their substances. I think it would've been better done if we saw Eric making a few calls to Carrie, Sami and the kids, or going to see Belle, Caroline, Theresa and Brady instead of hooking up with Jennifer and drinking again.

It's either that or they will use the magic portal to get to where they want to go.

I am so sad to see Eric get sent away to prison, especially since Hope and Joey got away with murders that they deliberately set out to do, while Eric killing Daniel was an accident. (I'm not including Abby in this scenario, because she was driven over the edge by Ben's torture and abuse). It was surprising that Abby did not remember attacking Ben, but it was probably so traumatic she blocked it out.

I loved seeing Lucas in this story with Jennifer, but can the poor guy get his own story already? For that matter, I wish this addiction story for Jennifer ould get more focus. I did like her in mama bear mode today watching Abby while she slept.

Finally, someone (JJ) confronted Ben about the murders he committed and actually named them all. Even poor Wendy got included as "the woman in the woods". I am wondering if JJ will do something to Ben and if he will get a new story to focus on. He's been on the backburner for awhile.

I am fine with Eric and Jennifer together. Both of them are lonely and going through their own addictions. Also, it's a one night stand before Eric goes off to prison. If Eric gets off and comes back from prison anytime soon, it might give them story to pick up (and not in a romantic way, but more of a friendship).

Back