Days of Our Lives - Tues., Apr. 14, 2015

I think the difference between Nicole and Theresa is that Theresa brings it all on herself because she walks into every single situation guns blazing. Look at the way she treated Jorge the lab tech there was absolutely no reason for that. Yet when people give it back to her in spades she turns into a delicate little flower whose feelings are hurt and wonders why oh why nobody likes her as she continues to blast away.

Nicole as far as I've seen doesn't get up in the morning itching for a fight. Yet she continues to be turned into a emotional punching bag simply because she's Nicole Walker. She doesn't have to do or say anything she is automatically treated like that.

I think Marlena should just go to a construction site and explain how Will is handling things all wrong to a cinder block because it would be more receptive than her blockhead of a grandson.

I can agree that someone took advantage of Theresa 5 months ago. But Theresa has been smart mouthing off to everyone since the day she arrived. She flirted and took advantage of JJ, wanting some pot. She stole large amounts of money from the hospital TWICE, and yet still has a job. She stole Vargas's money, pretending she was unable to get into his apt. to get the money for bail for him, but she had it all the while. He went to jail for cocaine possession, which SHE had asked him to get. She cozied up to Brady because he had money, and could afford the drugs, AND buy her nice things.
She has been nasty to Jennifer (who gave her a job in the lst place, and decided not to press charges on the first money theft) and has been nasty to Abby only because she is Jen's daughter and JJ's sister. She was blackmailing JJ....and when she O.D.'d and Daniel saved her life, she has been nasty to him as well. Her snark at Nicole? Gee, could it be because she flirted like mad with Xander who did not respond, and then he is with Nicole?

I really like Jen Lilley, who portrays Jeanie T, think she does such a fantastic job. But the character has been in Salem a long time, has broken every rule in the book so should have been sent back to do her jail time in CA long ago. But everyone gives her a break, and she is not one bit appreciative. She does not get any sympathy from me because a couple of people told her she was being hateful......because she was, does it all the time.

Yes, she was given an injection to knock her out, and doesn't remember. I have had a few of those (yes, in a hospital, or dental office), and no, you don't remember.
But Theresa is still supposed to be feeling "something"? Thousands of women have had miscarriages, but don't go around acting like Jeanie T.
I am glad she has admirers. And personally, I think she has been treated wayyyyy better by Salem residents than Nicole.

I think the difference between Nicole and Theresa is that Theresa brings it all on herself because she walks into every single situation guns blazing. Look at the way she treated Jorge the lab tech there was absolutely no reason for that. Yet when people give it back to her in spades she turns into a delicate little flower whose feelings are hurt and wonders why oh why nobody likes her as she continues to blast away.

Nicole as far as I've seen doesn't get up in the morning itching for a fight. Yet she continues to be turned into a emotional punching bag simply because she's Nicole Walker. She doesn't have to do or say anything she is automatically treated like that.

I think Marlena should just go to a construction site and explain how Will is handling things all wrong to a cinder block because it would be more receptive than her blockhead of a grandson.

I love Nicole--she's my favorite character. But let's not forget that she DOES and has brought some things all on herself.

Will's really on the crazy train to Loserville and it's nobody's fault but his. Except in his own mind. What a terrible turn he has taken. I know I've said it many times since he's taken on the "son of Sami" persona, but I REALLY want to smack the stuffing out of him.

John's treatment of Marlena over all of this makes zero sense.

deleted spoiler in non-spoiler forum...Poirot

I was tied up with clients this afternoon and couldn't focus on the show. How did Melanie tie Kristen into the baby situation? I saw her looking at the test results and seeing that Theresa was indeed pregnant. Then I saw Serena showing up for a "girls' day" with movies and snacks and Melanie telling her she couldn't hang out. The next thing I know, Melanie was telling Brady she had to tell him something about Theresa and Kristen.

And why was Theresa crying in the park? I saw her ranting at Brady about how no one cares for her and he said it wasn't true, that he did. The next time I was able to pay attention, Theresa was on a park bench, crying.

Because TIIC don't know how to edit! I don't think the answer to either question was aired.

Awful show today just awful. Poor editing, poor wardrobe in some cases, and as Cryin said, A LOT of inconsistency.

I agree about Jeannie T being a one note character. For all the bad things that Sami did, even she grew up and eventually showed some remorse for her actions. She also always had a way of making you feel sorry for her, even when she was at her worst. That is not the case with Jeannie T. I find the character to be incredibly annoying and aside from her interactions with Eric, she adds nothing to the Brady family right now. I wouldn't care if she left Salem tomorrow.

Why would John Black need to ask his step-grandson's husband for information about his own son instead of just going to see Paul from the get go? Why are these long time characters being written out of character?

Daniel Jonas: PLEASE LEAVE NOW

And heaven help me if Brady and Jeannie T rename that baby Jonas or something to the effect.

Xander is most definitely an ancillary and likely a short term character.

Nicole's white suit was nice and she looked nice in it but at the same time I thought it was a little much. Same with Maggie's coral getup.

Theresa seems to be in the same orbit as Nicole .. the person everyone gets to rag on and tell them that they are no good and always belittled.

No wonder the poor girl is always sad and lashing out. If all a person gets from others is verbal abuse, that is what they tend to do also, mostly in self defense.

Theresa's hormones and the residual effects of the drugs Dr. Mandrake gave her are really messing with her. Unlike others I am feeling bad for her.

I am hoping her Aunt Kayla can help with it all once the truth comes out. Hopefully some these people will at least say sorry.

What was the reason for her snotty behavior before Mandrake played mad scientist with her lady parts? Nicole & Theresa's situations are nothing alike. Nicole doesn't walk around town provoking people. She's genuinely trying to be a better person, but true to form, she makes slip ups trying to pave her road to happiness. Theresa on the other hand is like an attack dog that's always on. She attacks for no reason whatsoever. Like today, she started in on Daniel and called Nicole the b-word to Eric simply because Xander was interested in Nicole & not her. She messes with people for no reason as far as I can see other than she's miserable with her life so she tries to make everyone around her miserable. Not in the same orbit as Nicole!

I love Nicole--she's my favorite character. But let's not forget that she DOES and has brought some things all on herself.

Oh I know that Nicole is no shrinking violet but I was basing my comments on the time I started watching which was last summer. During that time I haven't seen Nicole do anything to warrant the amount of abuse people heap on her. While Theresa is constantly spewing venom to anybody and everybody I haven't seen Nicole do that.

The problem with Theresa's character is that these writers have not been able to add any depth to her character which makes her unlikeable. Nicole and Sami both had backstories that made them more sympathetic in their bad behavior. It is my hope that eventually, Theresa will get a backstory that will explain the way she acts. There have been times it seems to me that Theresa has deep emotional issues that makes her lash out at anyone and everyone.

I'm glad that Marlena told Sami Jr. today that he is acting very much like his mother. Unfortunately, it does not look like it has sunk in yet.

I can't believe the uproar over Nicole having coffee with Xander!!! Good grief! Maybe I live in a different world (not the midwest) but in my circles having a cup of coffee with someone is definitely NOT a big deal. It means nothing.

I don't know anyone who would not have some concern about their significant other having coffee with "someone." They would consider it a possible first step, and there would be casual follow-up questions... As we "Spectators" are very well aware, it is difficult for sexual opposites to be "friends!" :eek:

More people eating! Evidently this column is read by TPTB. :)

@Heather4CU, I agree that Nicole looked good, but a bit overdressed-in-white, today. And it's not yet Memorial Day. :) Did you like Melanie's black dress?

@KathyLu, your daughter-in-law, and by extension your son, are fortunate in having such a rare friend.
Nicole/Daniel have been playing Mating-Game Chess, clearly they are not over.

Daniel has made it clear to Nicole that they are not a couple. Why should she owe him, or anyone else, an explanation?

I don't think it's impossible for people of the opposite sex to be only friends, either. My daughter-in-law's best friend is a man. In fact, he was "Man of Honor" and stood up for her when she married my son. She has known his wife and him for many years.

Daniel made it very clear to Nicole that he "was done", it is a shame she keeps trying, but it shows she cares. However, in re: casual coffee with someone of the opposite sex, done all the time. Have done it myself. When you run into an old friend/neighbor, a nice way to catch up a bit.
In Nicole's case, she just met the person, but so what? She is single, unattached, had coffee in a very public place. Theresa just wanted to stick a few pins into the group, especially Nicole & Daniel.

KathyLU: I think there is a new sitcom coming that is about a guy, his wife and his best friend who is female. It looked funny. Can't remember if it's ABC or NBC.

AG: I thought Melanie's tunic sweater and jeans were both style and age appropriate.

Daniel has made it clear to Nicole that they are not a couple. Why should she owe him, or anyone else, an explanation?

:clap::clap::clap: Seriously, Daniel (and don't get me started on nosy Maggie and her adoration for her egg-baby !!!!) acted like Nicole had done some terrible thing. Yes, she had coffee with Xander. Yes, she talks to Eric sometimes (though I don't understand why Nicole still talks to that sourpuss). But Daniel can't accept that. All the while, he keeps talking to Jennifer, caring about JJ, blah, blah, blah. Get over yourself, Dan ! You can't control everything Nicole does. Right now, Dan is stringing Nicole along, ordering her around, "don't do this, do that", keeps telling her how SHE feels or how she should feel according to him, and yet, nothing Nicole does is up to his stupid standards (double standards if you ask me). Daniel is a controlling jerk (he was like that with Chloe too, talking over her or for her) and yet, everyone sees him as this great guy. Even I thought Nicole and Daniel could make a good couple a while back, but no more. Not since Nicole has become a puppy dog following Dan around and him acting like he has her on a leash. :beat:Enough with the Nicole trashing trend on this show ! :beat:

Now, to get back on the rest of the show, count me in as one of those people who felt no sympathy at all for Theresa. I hate the character, I think she's useless, mean, goes out of her way to hurt and attack people, she's bad to the bone, and there's no redeeming quality for her, baby or no baby. Must I say again how much I hate also this stupid storyline ? I don't want Brady and Theresa to have a baby (Melanie's line about any kid would be lucky to have Brady as a father had me rolling my eyes so much I fell backwards), I don't want Kristen back and I can't wait for this farce of a plot to be over.

Salem must be having nice spring weather. No one is wearing coats or jackets.

Marlena had the best line to Will "watching you turn into your mother".
(I wonder if Sami hadn't left Salem if Will wouldn't have changed) After
the commercial break, they showed a new picture with Will and Sami.
I think it was taken at Will's wedding.

I'm with Marlena about what Will said to John to show Paul was the
bad person. It still takes two to tango

I'm glad John talked to Sonny. He knows a little bit more about his son
and maybe he'll understand more what happened with Will and Paul.
John needs to sit down and think about all the things he's done to
Marlena over the years, ie Kristen, before he gets upset with her about
not telling him about Paul.

Poor Serena her big plan with keeping the diamonds in the fireplace
isn't working out at all.

We have to assume Mel figured out about Kristen and the missing baby
because she's Daniel's daughter.

Interesting line Brady said about his father "Playing god"

I think Theresa was crying because she loves Brady and he said
those things to her.

Back