Days of Our Lives - Tues., Apr. 15, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Replay of all the closing scenes from Monday. Will asks Gabi what is going on, she is leaving with Arianna, will stay in a hotel til they find someplace permanent. Will talks her out of this, after she complains about Sami always accusing her, giving her a hard time. Will says he will fix it so she doesn't come there, Gabi notes Sami has a key, Will claims it was only for emergencies, but Gabi says this is how she got in to rant at her. Will promises to get it back, and not have his mom come over there, will do it right now. Gabi promises to be there when he gets back.

Sami is talking over what she did as EJ asks a few questions. She sheepishly admits to telling Gabi she is unfit to raise ARianna. EJ is reasonable, Sami ranting a bit, but she realizes she shot off her mouth because she was angry, and should not have done that. She has to tell EJ that Rafe came in with Will, and went after Nick, EJ tells her they have to remain calm and not villify Nick to Gabi. Sami gets a text from Rafe to meet him, talk about this situation, EJ insists on going instead, quietly convincing Sami she will get too emotional.

Rafe is berating Nick, reminding him he was warned to stay away from his sister.Nick claims Gabi wants him as much as he does her, it was her choice. Rafe receives this news, and Nick gets a punch in the jaw. But, Nick proceeds to "understand" that Rafe is trying to protect this sister, as he wasn't able to protect his other one, Arianna. He goes on with his shrink talk, finally telling Rafe that he cannot stop Gabi from doing what she wants to do, and she wants to be with him, Nick.

Rafe is joined by EJ in the Pub, is not too happy about him coming instead of Sami, and EJ firmly & quietly tells Rafe to back off, let Nick alone, that he will only make Gabi want to be with Nick all the more. He talks of Nick pressing charges, but Rafe says there is a legal agreement. EJ doesn't think that would stop Nick. Rafe is talking of that whole debacle with Melanie, doubts any prosector would want to touch that case. EJ lets him know there is more, but refuses to tell Rafe what his sister did. He is protecting his family, Rafe says Gabi is not his family, EJ says Arianna is, though. (HUH?) Rafe ends the conversation, and leaves.

Will is at DiMansion, telling Sami she cannot come to the apartment any more when Gabi is around. Sami has her usual fit, Gabi is not going to keep me from seeing my granbaby. Will replies he will bring Arianna there, berates her for saying Gabi is unfit mother, and asks for the key. Sami is disheartened, gives him the key, saying he is choosing Gabi over his mother. No, he his choosing his daughter, and thinks Sami would do the same.

Gabi, meanwhile, has gone to the park to meet up with Nick. Her choice, he did not want her to come. She sees his face, knows her brother is responsible, Nick says he is o.k. She tells of Will hollaring at his mother, and how she was about to leave the apartment and move out. Nick tells her she cannot do that, they all get along, they have worked hard to have the arrangement they have. She should stay, and hopefully, they ALL will be friends again. Arianna starts to fuss, Nick figures she should take her home, Gabi leaves. Nick says to himself that Percy was right, and that right now, everything is going the way he (Nick) planned it.

Jennifer & Daniel go back and forth about whether Theresa is responsible for drugging Daniel, whether she had help from Anne, but no proof. Jennifer talks Daniel out of going to confront Theresa, reminding him that others could be affected, be hurt. He stops, she is right, he speaks a bit of JJ and how Theresa would/could go after him. Jennifer gets an idea, will put out a press release about Dr. Jonas and what happened, get folks on his side. She leaves.

Nicole has caught up with Liam, questioning him about what he was doing at Dr. Jonas's apartment. Liam denies anything, claims he got off the elevator on the wrong floor, Nicole isn't buying it. She starts to leave, but Liam mentions Dr. Chyka, which halts Nicole in her tracks. Liam now goes on about him taking Nicole and Eric prisoner, them nearly dying. And then talks about Nicole's shredded paper, Dr. Chyka & Kristen DiMera, she was dumping into that remote trash can, setting it on fire. She tries denying a bit, but he goes on about those being Dr. Chyka's files, she says not. But now he talks of having taken some of those shreds when she stepped away, and since he loves puzzles, managed to get them together. He shows her a pic on his phone.....I could not make it out, but evidently it is the proof that would have cleared Eric.
He goes on about talk around the hospital, how he pays no mind as none of his business, but it looks now like he & Nicole are at a stalemate. He tells her he will stay out of her business, she should stay out of his, and walks off.

Jennifer sits at her computer, trying to compose the press release, typing something about Daniel voluntarily resigning after the drug test, then deleting those words, makes Daniel sound guilty. A hand is on her shoulder, to comfort her. She turns, there is the ever grinning Liam.

Daniel is on the phone, thanking Marlena for her support, urgent knocking at his door. He opens to find Nicole, looking upset and harried, but telling him she has to help him. She can do it.

So, Sami tells EJ that an unfit mother does not have sex on the couch with some psycho while her child is sleeping in the other room.

Hmmmm, but it's OK to have sex with your rapist/tormentor, on the couch, when you thought your child was dead???

Pot.... kettle.....
th

This was a day for minor Salem miracles. Who would have ever thought that: 1) Will could ever get the apartment key back from habitual meddler Sami, 2) that EJ would ever be talking sense to Rafe about anything, 3) or that darling Jen would be warning against yet another confrontation with brat-girl Theresa? Meanwhile, Nicole is once again suffering the fate of many would-be Salem do-gooders: dirt in your past will come to the surface and complicate things. Finally, crazy Liam should just back off when it comes to prissy Jen. His sick plan to win the heart of the former heart-theft victim won't have a chance until Ms. Sleeveless directs another one of her patented, very-public screaming fits at the Love Doctor.

If I didn't know any better, I say it was pretty clear the writers are poking fun at EJ & Sami's relationship with every hypocritical accusation Sami hurls at Gabi. We all know Sami is clueless, but no one could be this oblivious to the fragmented glass house they live in could they?

Geez, TIIC have learned another new work “Blackmail” along with rape and drugs. Half of Salem is being blackmailed by 2 people, Nick and Liam.

I was cheering Rafe on when Rafe’s fist met Nick’s lip, couldn’t happen to a nicer person. I think today Nick learned how Rafe gets his point across!

Will putting Sami in her place today, it won’t help because it went right over her head, and you could see the wheels turning in her tiny brain on how she was going to get even with Gabi and Nick.

But the most interesting for me was Rafe and junior’s conversation. Rafe sitting there drinking his coffee, calm, cool and collected, listening to every word junior is saying, asking a few questions, while junior is slurping his coffee, trying to tell Rafe there is nothing he can do, can’t tell him why, and Rafe needs to back off, all the while Rafe’s interest is peaking while junior is lying through his pearly whites! So junior if your objective was to make Rafe curious you did a mighty fine job! But so much for caring about the people that are close to you, you pushed them under the bus again!

Gotta say it is as if Sami has selective amnesia.

I know Will and EJ have both chided Sami for the "unfit mother" remark, and she will look properly chastened when they say it. But isn't Sami the one who chose to abruptly leave her children (who were not in the care of any specific person) to go on the run with EJ, only because he "was the father of two of her children"?
When Will said something about choosing his daughter, and that she would probably do the the same thing.....all I could think of was her leaving them all in order to be with a man accused of a crime, who escaped from being confined, and was on the run. She gave no thought to her children then.

Sami always puts herself first. She accused Lucas of abuse/alcoholism when it wasn't true...just so she could have custody of Will. Selfish as always, self-absorbed, but never putting her children first. Her kids come first only when it reflects on her image of herself as a parent. She is as shallow as they come.

I will address this once and then I'll forever move on (because I've guessed this would happen for months) - EJ and Rafe working together, I don't want to see it! I don't want Rafe used to make EJ appear "human". I don't want EJ rescuing Rafe (cause we know TPTB would absolutely do this). Rafe's hatred and disdain for all things Dimera, let's leave that intact.

EJ saying Ari is his family - I call that pooh.... Ari is Rafe's flesh and blood, something she will NEVER be to EJ.

I was half watching the first time today due to a conference call and then couldn't bring myself to watch the full episode on DVR. So, I'm catching up via the summary here plus I know I can watch via flashbacks 100 times over.

These writers will do ANYTHING to avoid having Rafe and Sami in a long scene together. Because they know their chemistry would have viewers hooked instantly.

Sadly I don't think Nicole will do the right thing.

I really hope Jennifer is starting to be on to Liam. There is no reason for him to be seeking her out this many times in one day.

I think EJ infuriated Rafe even more and this is going to fuel him to get the truth out of Nick and the others. I do hope he is able to confront Sami as I've been predicting she will be the one to tell him the truth.

And how about Sami mentioning that Nick apparently forgave Gabi for bashing him in the head with a rock. Totally ridiculous, as we all know that Sami herself shot EJ in the head. :beat: Can this be more stupid ?

Sadly The Writer... yes.... stay tuned... I have full faith in this writing staff to make this even worse...

If I didn't know any better, I say it was pretty clear the writers are poking fun at EJ & Sami's relationship with every hypocritical accusation Sami hurls at Gabi. We all know Sami is clueless, but no one could be this oblivious to the fragmented glass house they live in could they?
Yes, she could. This is Salem where as other posters have said, stupid juice is in the water. Sami is impervious to common sense and good advice, and can't coherently put two thoughts together. Overall, the old saying, "You can always tell [fill in the blank], but you can't tell him/her much" fits Samantha Gene perfectly.
While I liked Rafe punching that smug look off Nick's face, I don't like that a police officer can just go around punching people.
Ordinarily, Detective Hernandez punching Tricky Nicky might be disturbing, but Rafe rarely does any police work and spends so much time on personal business that he is close to being a policeman in name only.

Back