Days of Our Lives - Tues. Apr. 21, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I missed chunks of the show today. Am sure those who saw it all can fill in where I missed. Clyde has called someone, is angry something hasn't been taken care of, is pacing in the park area. Later he gets a call, and is pleased. Says to make sure "his" family receives a good deal of compensation, in cash.
Aiden & Hope wake up in the morning, happy to be with one another. (amazingly, Hope still wears her necklace, Plus her earrings and bracelet, lol) They kiss a few times, kibbitz about room service. Later, Aiden is on the phone, hearing something that surprises him. He calls Ben to tell him the Florida cops won't be wanting to talk to him. Seems Wolinski was killed this morning in prison. Hope wanders in (both wearing white hotel robes) hears a bit, leaves. When Aiden is off the phone, she returns, mentions hearing him talk to Ben. Aiden is not happy, client/attorney confidential privlege. She continues talking of the coincidence of Wolinski being killed just when Ben is to be questioned. Aiden gets really upset, telling her they absolutely CANNOT have this conversation. Ever!

Kristen is holding the baby, Mandrake again trying to talk her out of getting Theresa there, Kristen is insistent, she is the mother (even thinks the baby looks like her!) and it is what she wants. Theresa shows up at the hospital to fix something or other with the name badges, turns and there is a smiling Clint. She is not smiling, tells him off, and flounces off. He follows her home, gives her some expensive bracelet. saying he came into a lot of money and it was legal, even shows her a check, wants to share it with her. She is a bit huffy at first, but money talks big time to her, and he evidently convinces her to go traveling with him. She goes to pack, he calls Kristen that it is all set. Theresa comes out, wondering where they are going first. He says it is a big surprise.

Sonny is sleeping on the sofa in his office, Chad wakes him up. Gives him a big lecture about his marriage vows, & he wants his best friend happy. Sonny goes home. Ari is still at Kayla's, the guys talk. Will gets very serious, tells of Marlena saying he is turning into his mother, but though he loves his mom, that is not who he is. He accepts blame for his actions, it wasn't Paul's fault, and whether Paul returns or not, all that is important to Will is Sonny & their daughter. Nothing else matters. He asks if Sonny will be able to forgive him. Well, they seem to have figured something out, as Sonny goes for a shower. Zoe arrives, talks to Will about the Clyde Weston assignment, wants him to get going on it. He will do so only if she will send him all the social media input Sonix has received about his paul Narita article. She agrees, calls him later to say it is a huge file, her asst. is sending it. Will sits down at his computer, Zoe was right. Oh, my gosh.

Paul is in a park (in CA I guess) signing baseballs for kids, is done. His grandfather sits at a picnic table behind him, Out comes John. Grampa says in Japanese he looked in John's eyes, can tell he is Paul's father. He gives them some space, but Paul really doesn't want to deal with John at all. He finds out John wasn't really a priest, how his past is a blank slate. (missed a lot here) ends up telling John he really wants nothing to do with him. Grampa returns, just stares at John, and walks off.

Ben gets the phone call about Wolinski being killed, goes to see Abby and tell her, as he feels she wasn't too happy when she learned of Ben's involvement down there. She really is o.k. with it all. He goes home, she goes to work, runs into Chad but says she is too busy to talk. Chad persists, asks about Aiden's work with Ben, she blabs.
They are suddenly talking about Gabi, Nick, her killing Nick, something else she knows for a fact because EJ showed her the money he had to pay the hitman to kill Nick (apologizing, long distance phone calls, people at the door, missed conversations) She notes the DiMeras are not innocent, but Chad points out that he is NOT his brother.

C lyde arrives at Ben's, wanting to know how things are going with Aiden. Ben tells him about being off the hook, Clyde is glad, (acts all innocent). Guess a fellow like Wolinski probably made a lot of enemies. Good he is gone, if he learned the cops were going to talk to you, he would have come after you. Ben protests, the man was in prison. Oh, that makes no difference. Lots of ways to work from there. He tells Ben it's best to steer clear of men like that. Ben nods, has to get to school. They both leave, Ben locks his apt. door, goes down the hall. Clyde looks after him, smiles.

All thru the show, Brady is on his plane, which hits a lot of turbulence, pilot does not know if he can land it. We see shaking, Melanie in her cubby hole, life raft expands, she stabs it with a knife. More conversation between Brady & pilot. with Brady saying when they land, he wants the plane gone. Yep, the pilot will go to his grandfather's Greek Isle, and wait til he hears from Brady to pick him up.

And lastly, Kristen goes to answer the door, thinks it is the nurse (to assist Mandrake) we see a leather jacket, and she says "Brady"!!

So Melanie stabs the life raft as the plane starts to take off again. She tries the door handle and it breaks off. She is trapped as far as we know. How pointless if the jet takes off with her in it.

John spoke some Japanese to Paul's father, said he knows some and is a fast learner. lol

Clint is playing Theresa, telling her something about how he got the money and then realized that the only thing that was missing, was her. She said something about how that was the nicest thing anyone had ever said to her. Poor Theresa. I think it is unfair for her to be used in this manner.

Although I would say that Theresa allows herself to be used. She keeps spitting venom on everyone and focusing on material things that have no importance, really. So, again, I'm sorry to say that I still feel no sympathy whatsoever for her. And today, I still felt nothing regarding the whole Kristen/Brady/Melanie (can this girl be more annoying ?)/Theresa/Clint stuff. Seriously, please, writers, have this be one storyline that is swept under the rug. If there is to be a baby, give one to Nicole and put her with a great, great guy. I still think TIIC should bring Jack back and put them together, as a team of investigative reporters. But this is off topic, I'm sorry.

The thing is, today, there were too many characters on the show, so I found myself daydreaming. Too many scenes. Nothing got accomplished, in my view. Too many stupid plane scenes, too many stupid Melanie and the raft :rolleyes:, and not enough John and Paul. Those two should have been more present, as they have great potential. Too much of boring Ben, not enough of Chad and Abigail (Abigail is much more interesting with Chad) and Hope and Aiden brought nothing to the show either. And Clyde : interesting still, as a true villain.

Stupid, stupid Theresa! Do the writers really want us to root for her? Guess not! Looks like Brady might turn out to be the better parent after all. As dumb as he is, he's already willing to fight for his son. I'm not sure if Theresa will be happy to see her son when she's reunited with him. I wonder if she's going to outright reject Christopher?

There better be a drastic change in Theresa within the next couple of months or else there will be no future for her on the show! I really would love to see how the new writers handle Theresa like 6 months from now! I am so ready for the new writers! I am just about fed up with the writing on this show!

Wait, so Tori wasn't just some old fling? Okay... It kind of makes sense that John knows some Japanese because he was with the ISA once upon a time.

And is it me or is Melanie going to be trapped inside the airplane? I wonder how she's going to get out?

It would be hilarious if Melanie can't get out of her hiding place, and the pilot takes her to Greece - until further notice. :)
It certainly would unless the plane has to ditch in the water, the pilot comes looking for the inflatable life raft, and learns that Toddler Mel has punched it full of holes. Speaking of foolish young women, Jeannie T.'s motto should be "color me gullible," falling for slimeball Clint's line of total b/s yet again. Elsewhere, Hope shouldn't have been so surprised about Walensky's convenient death in prison if she'd thought back to the sad fate of Fake Rafe. Regarding Walensky, his demise brought to mind the line spoken by the Tommy Lee Jones character in No Country for Old Men about some Mexican drug dealers: "They died from natural causes -- natural to the line of work they were in." Finally, any Mad World employees who are upset about Kate taking over, should have heard the way witchy Kristen and creepy Clyde were talking to their flunkies today. They bring new meaning to the term "Boss from Hell."

Clint sure knows how to play Theresa and get her to do what he wants. This girl needs to quit jumping at every guy that comes along and not accept someone who is clearly bad news. Even Eve and Anne have warned her about this guy, and they are both pretty desperate for men as well.

It sure looked like John, Paul, and his grandfather were in the park in Salem, rather than San Francisco :).

I know that Hope and Aiden keep going to the Salem Inn for their trysts because they don't have the set built for Hope's house, but could they not set up a bedroom limbo set and mention that they are at Aiden's house, especially since Chase was away at a sleepover? It would seem more realistic than always going to a hotel.

Who would have known Chad would be the one to reason with Sonny to go home and talk things out with Will. Will did appear to be willing to work things throught and accept some responsibility. However, it appears that Will is still looking for something against Paul when he asked Zoe for the social media regarding his article on Paul.

Aside from missing the order of the saga of Melanie & the raft, not much missing Poirot. (She didn't deflate the raft until Brady had disembarked and the plane was taking off again.)

Wow, Chad, really? I have no idea where this story is going. Abby is not supposed to be dumb, I'm glad she called him out on his DiMera BS. And what irony that he GRABS HER BY THE ARM to insist he's not like his sleazoid brother. :sick::sick::sick::sick: ICK, run girl, RUN!!

I'm glad Will realises he's digging himself in further and shut up for a few minutes today.

Paul is such a whiny twit. Perhaps he should think for a second about how EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD treats their family differently than strangers. I'm sure he'd give his mother a pass on things he wouldn't give to strangers. Thank goodness this man once could pitch a baseball, or he'd be digging through trash cans to sustain his pitiful life.

Melonhead vs. The Raft resulted in a draw. Brady disembarked before she could deflate it. Now she's stuck on the plane. I REALLY HOPE IT GOES DOWN IN THE OCEAN. And how sad was it that I was rooting for the raft? I would have laughed my hindquarters off if Melanie had been squished by it.

Clyde is dumb, he's either playing right into Stefano/Chad's hands, or trying to draw Ben closer into his web of evil. I'm not sure I care, I want him to get squished by a raft, too.

Hope & Aiden - snore but at least they are getting something near a meaningful story. Hope needs to butt out and Aiden needs to lock the door during confidential conversations.

Of the potential characters who could raise Christopher, I'm still rooting for Krazy Kristen. Someday she can tell him about how she went crazy when she tried to have Brady's kid brother, lost the baby, but then 15 years later stole Brady's son in utero. :eek: But seriously Brady's a tool and Jeannie T's a joke, Kristen actually wants to raise & love this baby.

I am certain that Clyde initiated the hit on the Walensky (sp?) guy.

Oh, Ben..."judgment" is what people that love you are supposed to do? How about self-adjustment. If it "feels" dirty, it IS dirty.

Wake me up when I need to care about the Donovan-Black baby. Because I'm struggling right now.

This episode was kind of bland. The filler material with Hope/Aiden/Clyde/Ben/Chad/Abigail is just a big snoozefest!! As if that weren't enough, I'm already sick and tired of the baby storyline! WHY are the writers trying to make us feel bad for Theresa? She's a dunce and really mean-spirited to top it off! After everything that Clint has put her through (these break up notes all the time and leaving with no explanation), she's suddenly ready to risk going back to jail for a vague vacation (vague-cation?)? Silly beyond measure. Equally silly was the Melanie/raft/broken doorknob thing. I am glad that Brady arrived to confront Kristen, because not only am I ready for the storyline to end, but I'm also tired of Kristen always just talking to herself and that baby.

I was getting my hopes up about Will really wanting to make progress with Sonny, but if he's really so concerned with his article's comments AND thinking of writing another Paul article, then I truly have lost all faith in this character. I do want to see what he will say about Clyde, but the hillbilly is so mysterious to everyone in Salem, and Will is a poor writer, so I have no idea how he'll manage to get enough material to compile into an interesting and well-written article.

The only enjoyable thing today was seeing John and Paul and the grandpa. I do hope that Paul can hurry up and forgive John, though--we don't need yet another storyline being dragged on and on and on.

Will said everything he knew Sonny wanted to hear but didn't mean a word of it.

Ben spent has spent years running from Clyde and Clyde was very angry at him and Jordan when he found out they were in Salem but now papa dearest his having inmates shanked for his son. Somebody give this man a Father of the Year award. Their relatiionship still makes no sense and I'm not the least bit interested in what Ben was into in Florida. Just. Don't. Care.

Why didn't the raft just go ahead and do me a favor and suffocate Melanie. Can't catch a break at all!

When Hope woke up, all I could think about how did she sleep with
all her jewelry on. My hair would have gotten tangled in the necklace.

I thought Theresa was smarter than to fall for what Clint said. Maybe
she went with him to steal his money. I laughed when she said he
ate the last of the chocolate.

Interesting conversation Abby and Chad had. He seemed surprised
EJ hired a hit man.

There must some kind of transporter in the Salem Park. You walk through a
hedge and you're in San Francisco :)

Echoing KathyLu's post......LOL

Thank you Jason, it was rather hectic here....but my Texas daughter called from the airport in New Jersey where she was changing planes, and then I had someone at the door, another phone call.
LOL, So melanie could not get off the plane, after deflating the raft. Did not know the plane had landed at that point. Thank you truly.

Don't you hope Lucas lands a job at Countess W, goes up against his mother......and WINS?

o.k. that was yesterday, I know, but I just got disappointed today. Once again, Theresa went for the $$$$$, fell for the blarney. She used to be street smart, lost all of it. She started out well, telling him to get lost. I hate when the writers just make it so very easy for the bad guys.

I don't get why Hope and Aiden can't just go to his place to have sex. Doing the deed in a hotel doesn't make it romantic. Or is Aiden still homeless in Salem? Dude.

Are we to believe that Chad doesn't know why his family is hated in Salem? Forget EJ's hitman, his family has been kidnapping, killing and brainwashing people since they came to Salem. Did that dingbat think the Dimeras got their reputation by going around being snarky with people?

And dingbat number 3. I'm pretty sure Clyde was letting Ben know that the prisoner messed with the wrong powerful person (Clyde) when he went after Ben. Stop being so dense Ben. The country bumpkin jokes are old and NOT funny. Clyde's come and go accent is the only thing that separates him from the rest of the criminals of Salem.

Why does dingbat #2 keep telling Chad Ben's business?

Days needs to get ride of some of that greenery. I think it's a little weird how John is acting about Paul. Yeah, it sucks that he just found out about him but the guy is an adult and John needs to slowly try to build something.

This show shouldn't tease Mel's death like that. It's not very nice. I hope Theresa gets to hold her own child before the Jonas does

If "it's complicated" is the best explanation this show can give for why Theresa has to stay in Salem, then they need to just drop it. It was ridiculous when they couldn't explain it 2 years ago and that didn't change today. Clint looks like he doesn't shower

So Will is lying to Sonny and is still going to go after Paul. Sonny deserves better.

I think the writers chose the wrong characters to do this baby theft with. Before she got pregnant I don't think Theresa ever expressed wanting a family and she wasn't pregnant long enough to bond with the child. She still doesn't know she has a child out there so she has no reason to care about it, but at this point in the story she should have known something so she could start feeling something. I think throwing Mel in really killed the story because Brady and Theresa should have been doing the investigating and found out together so we could care about them getting their baby back.

A better baby story for Theresa would be one about her and Bradys drug use affecting the baby. No kidnapping involved

It would be hilarious if Melanie can't get out of her hiding place, and the pilot takes her to Greece - until further notice. :)
Another scenario would be that the plane has to ditch, there's another life raft, and the poor pilot ends up adrift with Toddler Mel. After only a few hours, he'd be jealous of the young guy in the film Life of Pi who was stuck on a life boat with Richard Parker the hungry Bengal tiger. Elsewhere, there was clueless slimeball Zoe unleashing hack-writer Will on creepy Clyde. Unlike one of the master of misspelled word's previous subjects, Chad, Clyde probably won't be exactly civilized about it when he learns he's to be the subject of one of Sonix's smear jobs. Who will save the Whining Wonder if he gets too close to the ugly truths regarding the Poplar Bluff pervert?

When Melanie was fighting with the raft, all I could think about was the Dick Van Dyke Show where Laura was wrestling the raft!!:rotfl:

I really think the plane will go down and will be "lost at sea". deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

Will needs to go stand in the corner until he acts like a grownup.

the look of love said:
When Melanie was fighting with the raft, all I could think about was the Dick Van Dyke Show where Laura was wrestling the raft!!
I remember that scene and how very funny it was; however, I was reminded of a scene on WKRP in Cincinnati where Mr. Carlson (the talented Gordon Jump) accidentally inflated a raft in his office, and was stumbling and bumbling all around the room. Just as he was about to stab it with a letter opener, Andy (Gary Sandy) stuck his head in the door and asked, "Sacrificing rafts?"

carlson.jpg

Back