Days of Our Lives - Tues., Apr. 22, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Nick is with Gabi in the apartment, has found this terrific lawyer for her. At first, Gabi seems a bit reluctant, but Nick, in his own manipulative way, mentions Sonny, the club, and how the guys might appear more financially secure than she is. Gabi protests, she has the good modeling job, can well take care of Arianna, but then she begins talking about Sami, how she called Gabi an unfit mother, Nick chimes in, of course, saying how Will is so good, but one cannot trust Sami, who hates Nick, blah, blah. So, he convinces her this lawyer, who really did a good job with JJ, and Nick researched other cases, and he is the one. Rafe calls, and is coming over, and since thoughtful Nick would not want to cause any problems with her brother, he leaves.

Rafe is in the park, on the phone with FBI friend, Tim, asking him to see what he can find out about Nick in New York. Jordan arrives, hears just the tail end, thinks Rafe is checking up on Ben, He explains he is worried about his sister, and it is Nick. Tim soon calls back, not a trace of Nick in NY. Hmmm, Rafe calls Gabi, and goes to see her.
Jordan takes the opportunity to meet up with brother Ben, who had called her earlier, missed her, etc. Ben wonders how she got involved with a cop of all people, worse thing. She knows, and has always been careful to keep professional with any therapy patient, and she was this time, too, but ...one cannot help the feelings that develop anyway.

Rafe is with Gabi, tells her he checked on Nick in NY, and it seems he was never there, So it begs the question, where has he been all this while. And what does he have on Gabi. Is it about Melanie. Gabi gets nervous, begs Rafe to back off, finally saying that she could go to prison, as could others, and over something that doesn't even matter any more. Rafe is not happy, but finally agrees he will do so, will drop it.

Liam meets up with some woman in the park, wants her to do something, will pay her well.
Daniel is getting ready to leave, will be taking Parker to Gramma's house, Jennifer arrives, won't be able to attend the board meeting, Anne Milbauer caused problems, even Kayla cannot be there. Fortunately Brady is on the board, so she was blocked there. She leaves, and outside, gets a call from Liam's woman friend, who has info about Dr. Jonas.

At the hospital, Theresa is pretty worried, Anne comes up, practically giddy, because Daniel is going to lose his job. Theresa insists she did nothing, it was NOT her who is responsible for Daniel being drugged. Anne doesn't care.
Theresa goes to talk to Brady, is clearly concerned, and not just for herself. Brady cannot talk to her about this, and as far as the two of them, they are taking a break until this is resolved. Daniel has arrived, and Anne, Brady & Daniel head off to the hearing.

Nicole is knocking on Daniel's door, comes in, all ready to tell all about Liam, when Liam turns around, the pasted together shredded paper in his hands, yapping about her hiding the evidence to clear Eric. She turns around, and there is Eric, calling her a nasty name. Oh, yes, another Salem daydream. She is actually at her computer, closes it, calls Eric to meet her. When they do, she is adamant about helping Daniel, she has to do whatever, but, in true Salem fashion, Eric is interrupting her, knows what she is going to say, knows she is a good friend, wants to help her friends as much as she can, but she has to stop trying to this for Brady...and for Eric as well. He gets a call from Theresa, who meets him, wants his help, more "general" conversation about Daniel. Eric tells her that is she knows anything, she should tell whatever it is, and he will help her as much as he can.

Over at the board meeting, Anne is passing around copies of the blood test showing Daniel was high on drugs. Brady really does very well conducting the meeting, noting it was Dr. Jonas himself who stopped the surgery, knowing he was not well. Anne tries to infer that Daniel was with a woman who OD'd, insinuating he was taking drugs then, but Brady again notes that his blood test then was clear, and he saved that woman's life. They take a recess, and upon returning, Brady says the investigation will continue, but they will only deal with facts, and what they know. He mentions that Daniel will not be on surgical rotation for 30 days, will have random blood tests, and if there is no proof that he willingly ingested the drug, he will have his surgical duties restored at the end of that time.

Liam's friend arrives at the Horton house, tells Jen she cleans for people, sometimes subbing, shows her the schedule, and how she did Daniel's apt. a few times. She beats around the bush about seeing things, finding things, keeping her mouth shut, but since Dr. Jonas has been accused of taking drugs, she felt someone should know what she found.
Now she is meeting Liam again in the park, the job is done, Jen is probably on her way to his apartment, and Jennifer will find exactly what Liam wants her to find. Liam pays her off, including a one way ticket to Texas.

Jennifer enters Daniel's apartment, looks around, and begins looking in various cupboards. She finally spots a tin cannister, opens it, and finds a prescription bottle of Dialudin (sp??) the drug that was found in his body that day. She holds it, saying, "Oh, Daniel".

Nicole is at her computer, trying to figure out how she can tell about Liam being on Daniel's floor, without implicating herself. She tries to find his address, but sees something about divorce papers, and they are sealed. Hmm. She decides, when unable to get an address on him, to try the ex-wife. She finds the number, calls. The woman says hello, Nicole says she would like to talk to her about her ex-husband. The woman refuses, she doesn't want to talk to anyone about that crazy man, and hangs up.

Things have been slow indeed. The only real action in Salem this week has been in the over-active imaginations of certain guilt-stricken people. As for Tricky Nick, Gabi, and a possible lawyer, if Nick is referring to Aiden, it's bad news for Mr. Judgmental. After dealing with all the suspicious, duplicitous, self-righteous, and/or frantic people who would be directly or indirectly involved with a Gabi-Will custody agreement, he may just decide that his little son is right about moving out of Salem

Another disappointing day…..The SL’s have been stuck in the same place for months, Nick manipulating Gabi, Liam planting evidence against Dr. Dan, Anne running the hospital into the ground, Nicole keeping secrets from Eric, Jordan talking in circles about her past. The only thing I learned today is I’m sick and tired of it all, so when the big reveal finally comes out I really won’t care! TPTB have taken the fun out of watching DAYS!

If Jennifer isn't suspicious of this strange woman showing up I will scream. Check out her story, does she work for the cleaning company? And seriously, he hires a cleaning service? Apartment not that big. Glad this Liam thing is going to end soon. He is quite the psycho for only having gone out with Jen once or twice. And Anne, that is the most miserable woman on the planet. I wonder why? I mean not really wonder. I don't want her to have a real storyline. :)

Liam's plot against the Love Doctor is so pathetic that it makes some of EJ's past schemes look positively brilliant. Instead of wasting time putting drugs in the miracle surgeon's orange juice or hiring an oh-so-fake cleaning women to plant evidence, the ED-pill salesman should simply have hired an attractive, willing young woman dressed in a hospital gown to waltz past the hospital's leading Casanova. Nature would then have taken its course and Liam would have obtained photos that made the EJ-Abigail shots look like something from a G-rated Disney movie, and which would have sent darling Jen into a rant of historical, volcanic proportions. As for Anne Milbauer, she seriously needs to get a life. Her efforts against Ms. Priss and Dr. Scruffy are as doomed as Bo Brady's hopeless crusade against the DiMeras. She should give up tilting at windmills and look for other interests. Perhaps, Roman "Never Gets a Kiss" Brady would find the curly-haired crank more appealing than the annoying Mrs. van Hopper.

I didn't think Rafe would actually stop investigating. Just because he told Gabi so doesn't mean he is going to follow through. I suspect he and Nicole will team up once she's done investigating Liam.

I also thought there was some forward movement today. Not a lot, but some. Jordan's reaction to hearing about Gabi and Nick (asking if Gabi is upset etc) seemed to make it VERY clear she has had experience with that type of abuse, and whatever she's hiding would get the attention of the FBI quickly. We got Daniel's hearing out of the way (yay!) and learned a few more tidbits about Liam. We might actually move towards getting rid of Anne now that Brady is sober and involved in this storyline; her vendetta was very clear and she was no match for Brady after he's been sober a few days--who knows what will happen if he can keep it together long term?

However that "cleaning lady" story was so full of holes it could have passed for Swiss cheese and I would like someone to find Jen's brain.

Actually, I think Anne Milbauer is a good addition, as much as I dislike the character. I do think the actress is terrific. The premise....that she would be all this plotting and vindictive just because Jennifer got the job she wanted (and deserved) without even asking for it, is worn out. To think she would additionally have a vendetta against Dr. Jonas, just because Jen is dating him is outrageous. Yes, Daniel told her to back off or else.
By now, Anne should have hired a hit man to do away with both Jen AND Daniel, and her problem would be over. But she prefers to wallow in her anger and revenge plots.

However, I really and truly would like the head of the Human Services, and the head of Press Relations to stop checking files in the nurses' station, and stick to the ones in their offices.

Since when does Brady run a hospital Board meeting? And where was EJ? Oh that's right, he and Daniel have to share airtime so that only one "lead actor" can air per day:rolleyes:. I thought Marlena was the doctor rep on the Board too.

I almost didn't recognize Jordan, she looked so different today.

Ooops, just remembered that Nick went over Club TBD to give Sonny a hard time, He right off the bat tells Sonny he just saw Gabi, who told him about Will's mention of custody agreement. And then proceeds to do his underhanded "threatening" jabber. He wants Sonny to wave his Kiriakis name threat in front of him again, Sonny is not fazed, tells him he could care less about him.

Maybe Brady heads up the disciplinary committee of the Hospital Board???

I mean, in the past, Victor has mentioned being on the Hospital Board, and EJ, too, tho maybe Brady & EJ stand in for Victor & Stefano. ???

Thanks for the summary.

I thought Jennifer looked really good today. Daniel too.

Someone in research really needs to do a better job. 800 mg of generic Dilaudid (hydromorphone) is so laughable & not just because I've been on it the past few months either. It's either 2 or 8mg. Plus if he had been on it this whole time he would've been a much happier, giddier but in a haze person all this time.

How about little Parker today? I thought he was adorable & had the most lines that he has had yet since on the show.

I liked the tidbit of progression with Ben & Jordan. I'll grab the crumbs because it piqued my curiosity more on their past.

What bar/club pours soda from a plastic bottle? Soda guns can be made very cheap or even found at restaurant supply places.

Monday EJ had a daydream. Today Nicole did. Who will tomorrow :)

Finally, we see Smart Brady instead Dopey Brady. Where has he been?
Brady looked very handsome in his suit. I think Daniel combed his hair.

I thought it was interesting to see the women in red and green dresses/blouses
today. Reminded me of a holiday in Dec. At the end, the tin box had the
word Joy on it. Today is Earth Day. Maybe we should sing "Joy to the Earth"

Great stuff with Rafe when he found out Nick didn't go to New York
via his FBI pal Tim. Hopefully, Rafe will find out soon what is going on.

Nicole must not use "ewe" search since she found out a lot of info on Liam today.

Line of the day Theresa to Eric "Rah, Rah to Jen and the rest of team Daniel" cheerleader_5.gif

Back