Days of Our Lives - Tues., Apr. 26, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, April 26, 2015

An intense episode as Abby is admitted to the Mental Clinic. Joey & Jade are each in their own bedrooms, texting each other, wanting to be together, she can picture him naked, he can do the same for her. Well, her parents are sleeping, so she tells Joey to come over via her bedroom window. He slips out of his that way, shows up at hers, and soon nature takes it's course. This is the first time for both, each glad they waited, lots of kissing, clothes removal. Joey notes he did not bring any protection, Jade hits her night stand, she bought some this afternoon. They are good to go. Kiss and fade out.

Over to Hope's house, where Rafe & Hope are having a merry ol time with their microwave popcorn, 80s snacks & drinks, and watching old tapes on the VCR. Lots of laughing, changing whatever they were watching, finally she shuts off the TV, he spots her year book, and despite her efforts to stops him, sees a pic of her with her big hair, etc. She grabs the book, they talk about the 80s, he figures she was voted most beautiful and was prom queen, she admits that was so, figures he was most handsome, blah, blah. He says no, not with his mullet, and he doesn't have a yearbook, had no money for one. Says the only person who really knew him back then was Sister Agnes.

Hope talks of how Bo asked Rafe to take care of her, knew what he was doing, picked the right man. She is grateful. Soon, they are kissing, and appear to be heading towards taking their relationship to the next level as well. Yes, on the sofa.

At DiMansion, Chad has returned alone, Jen has been babysitting Thomas, with JJ, and asks Chad how is Abby. Mostly all we see is Chad remembering sitting & waiting with Abby for her doctor to come, Abby gets all nervous, wants to go home, has changed her mind. Chad is constantly reassuring her, a nurse comes, apologizes for the delay. Chad goes over to the desk, the nurse is talking of doctor having emergency. He tells her THIS is an emergency, and then asks her if she knows who he is. She glances at the papers, goes to get the doctor.

In present time, Chad hated using his last name, did not want to do this. Back to remembering, Abby is really skittish, knows she made a mistake, won't do it again, wants to go home. The doctor is there, trying to calm her, as is Chad. Finally, her room is ready, she is agreeing to go, but resisting as well. Chad has assured her Ben is locked up, she is agreeing to go to her room, but holding back. When will I be able to come home, soon, he promises, soon. Chad (oh, wow, the actor, Billy Flynn is fabulous) is crying, blowing her a kiss, and when she is gone from the waiting area, he breaks into sobs.
It is hard for Jen & JJ to hear all this. Chad tells her to go home, get some rest, she wants to take Thomas so Chad can get some rest. Nope, he will be fine. She tells him to call her if she needs anything.

Chad is alone with that adorable Thomas, holding him, putting him down to sleep, sitting & thinking, the room gets darker.

At the clinic, Abby is in bed, jumps up, looking in cabinets and drawers, all empty, her things are not there. She has a glass door with blinds, it is locked, she calls out, needs her phone, wants to call her husband. A nurse & male orderly arrive, she cannot do that, too late. Abby protests, she did not sign away all her rights. She can call her husband she only wants to say good night to him, and her son. The nurse goes away to get something to help her relax.

Later, Abby is in bed, asleep, the door opens, it is Ben. I'm back, he says. Her eyes fly open, he should be in jail. Oh, he convinced them he needed a smidge more help. Wanted to be where she was, so is just down the hall. He loves her, always has, always will. He comes by the bed, holding a red tie. I know you don't love me the same, so all those people died for nothing. and now, you must pay. He has the tie between his two hands, ready to wrap around her neck. She is whimpering, barely able to squeak out a "help me".

And then she wakes up, a nightmare. She jumps out of bed, goes to the door, saying help me, he is going to come for me. She sinks down to the floor, against the door, still whimpering how Ben is coming to get her, he will find her.

Chad sits in the darkened room, gets up when Thomas cries, picks him up, holds him, sits on the sofa, smiling at him, as Thomas gurgles and coos.

Since Rafe and Hope are being all nostalgic about the 80's, here's an actual 80's perfume ad with Galen Gering (Rafe). I think it's funny that the ad mentions lending Nicole his jacket.

loves-baby-soft-80s-ad-guy.jpg

A fine job once again by Kate Mansi as the troubled Abigail and Billy Flynn as the worried Chad. Without their scenes, today's episode might have been as tedious as yesterday's teen-centered snoozer. Abigail's latest encounter with an imaginary Ben also added welcome drama. Since the writers had yet another appearance by Ben, they might also have enlivened the Rafe-Hope sofa romance by having Ghost Stefano suddenly appear to mock their relationship as "rrridiculous" and to pass along some standard DiMera threats about revenge. Similarly, it would have been an interesting touch for the erotic teen doings in Jade's bedroom be rudely interrupted by Steve or Kayla sticking their heads through the open window and shouting, "What do you think you're doing!"

Last edited:
This is the first time for both, each glad they waited,

Waited what, a couple of weeks? What a ridiculous thing to say. Also, I have my doubts about Jade. She seems very worldly. Not saying that's a bad thing, or casting judgment, but she's the aggressor in this relationship.

Wee baby Rafey in that ad! He seems to have grown into his lips.

Edited to add: So Steve & Kayla were cut? I wish they'd put the cut scenes up on the website as bonus content or something - most of the time I'd rather see the cut stuff than what we get.

Last edited:
I think both Jade & Joey were saying they were glad that the other was the first person they were having sex with, that they were glad they waited to have sex, until now.

But when Joey admitted this was his first time, he did say that he knows it isn't hers, but, evidently, despite her seeming to know her way around, it was hers, too.

I could have done without them, in this show, but there WAS a lovely song being sung during all the awkward fumbling around, stuttering, etc. And her parents sleeping across the hall. HER mom or dad should walk in. LOLOLOL Heck, Joey would not have dreamed of trying that in his home.

Have to say, Kate Mansi (Abby) & Billy Flynn (Chad) were just outstanding today. Also, their scenes were well written, so I checked. Melissa Salmons wrote the episode today.

I liked how they did committing Abby as a flashback. At first I thought "what she's just gone?" But I liked that. Good way to tell the story. Billy Flynn (Chad) was heartbreaking. Kate Mansi (Abby) too. Abby has certainly lost it. I love how now Chad is saying to Thomas "I know I'm not mommy". Mommy who was scaring the crap out of Thomas and all he would do was cry? He's all smiles now.

I cried too when Chad was saying goodbye to Abby. I thought it was interesting
they did that part in flashbacks.

Thomas is so cute.

Chad didn't look very happy when Jen offered to babysit Thomas. I wouldn't either
if someone was a drug addict.

I thought Rafe and Hope were going to a dress up party for the 80s. I would love to
go to Hope's house and watch "Remington Steele"

It was a really sad day for Chad. Abby is gone while she's gets better and the
DiMera living room has disappeared again
:)

I'm glad Abby was only dreaming about Ben this time. I was afraid she was
hallucinating again.

I feel bad for Chad. He really doesn't have anyone. It's too bad they don't involve Abe in this storyline. If I'm thinking correctly, Abe is the closest thing Chad has to family anymore (Abe being his brother in law and Theo his nephew).

LOL....This was in the spoiler for this episode........

Tuesday April 26:

Steve witnesses Fynn and Kayla share a warm moment, and isn’t happy about it.

Gee, I must have missed this..:sarcasm: ....anyone else see this? Heck, I even saw a spoiler pic last week, showing Fynn & Kayla sitting on a park bench...lots of space between them. Wonder why the show issues spoilers on scenes edited out??

Well, the headwriter is responsible for "the story"....will say they want this or that to happen, etc. Whether the character should be angry, scared, threatening, loving, silly, etc. I think sometimes certain characters' dialogue MAY be written by the same writer, (i.e. Victor gets some great one liners, and I just don't think all the different dialogue writers are able to do that. Even if the actor is fabulous at delivering a line)

But then, Days has been editing out scenes, changing story direction, throwing scenes filmed on 2 or 3 separate days into one episode, hard to tell any more.

I also thought the VCR/DVD was funny. I thought I heard Rafe say that he brought over everything they needed for the 80s, to include VCR tapes. I was wondering - does Hope still have a VCR?! And I think Hope's "year book" is Abby and EJ's art book! You could get a quick glimpse of what was on some of the pages, and it looked more like artwork to me. :) In Abby's room, she wanted her cell phone to call Chad, but there's a land line phone on the nightstand by her bed. I'm sure they would have blocked her access from calling out if that's part of her treatment, but (1) they probably should have removed the phone "for her safety" and (2) she didn't even attempt to dial out! LOL

As many of you have said - Chad and Abby hit it out of the park, again! Just wow! When you not only watch, but feel, what's on the screen, you know good stuff is going on. There aren't enough words, but they'd better win some awards! They have consistently hit home runs for weeks now, months! Good stuff.

Back