Days of Our Lives - Tues., Apr. 28, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Replays of yesterday's closing scenes. Will tells Clyde he doesn't need his permission to write the article, that he is going to do it. Clyde sits back down, goes on about not wanting one written, warning Will not to do it. Will brags of dealing with EJ, Stefano, Victor and not being intimidated now. Clyde smiles, is not threatening him, then goes on how he dragged his mother thru the mud, and now he wants to write about a guy who is sweet on his gramma. Will is determined, Clyde finally tells him to do what he has to do, and he will do what he has to do.

Melanie & Brady are tied up together, hear the gunshots upstairs, she yells for help, he shuts her up. Now they struggle to get loose, no luck, and begin yakking about how much they love each other. (Did not understand the following at all). Upstairs, Theresa struggles with Clint, grabs his gun, he gets it back, Kristen purrs about Clint, tells Theresa that she is going to pay now for all her nasty deeds (mentioning whacking John and blaming Brady). She injects Theresa with knockout serum, Mandrake carries Theresa down to the same place where Mel & Brady are tied up. Next, Brady is gone, Mandrake is tying up Theresa in his place, ignoring Melanie's babbling about "what gave you done with Brady, what did you do to her, etc. etc.".

Sonny enters the club, is given a message from his uncle Vic, containing Paul's address or phone number. He goes home, opens it again, then calls an airline to make reservations. Will comes in, sees the message from Victor, and hears Sonny telling someone on the phone he will be seeing him soon, loves him. So Will gets all uptight, accuses Sonny of running to get Paul, says he lied about trying to work things out. Sonny tries to talk, Will just constantly interrupts, yapping about how Uncle Vic wants sonny to dump Will, and marry the man he really loves, the great washed up baseball player.

Clyde comes into the nightclub where Kate has been downing martinis, hears he just missed Ben, but Clyde says he wants to talk about her grandson, with whom he just had a meeting.

Over at DiMansion, Abby pushes Chad away, he is sorry, but he kisses her again. She once more pushes him away, what is he doing. And now Chad goes into a big long "confession", first locking the door so she cannot leave. He goes on how when he came back his intent was to get revenge on her for sleeping with his brother, but he still loves her. He really lays it all on thick, how he was going to use Jordan to exact his revenge, wanted to make Abby fall for him again, so he could hurt her like he was hurt. He wants her still, wants to take her up to his bed and make love to her all night. No, he did not get the Florida cops after Ben, and he actually helped Ben because he is Abby's boyfriend, she cares about him, and he did not want to see her unhappy. He does note, however, that while he is a DiMera, needing to get what they want, she really doesn't know her boyfriend, not even his real name. He unlocks the door, she rushes out.
Next she is pounding on Ben's door, kissing him when he opens it, his couch gets the horizontal mambo treatment from them both, although at one point she sees Chad's face above her, not Ben's. It is all unnerving.

Marlena is on the plane, checking her laptop, sending a message out that she is going to see John & paul. She gets a message from Will, thanking her for being on his side, and trying to help.

John is with Paul in the park, and they really have a nice conversation about Paul coming out. Paul talks of hate mail he got when pitching, if they lost a game, he figures someone probably lost a bet on it. And though he has gotten tons of supportive mail, there is still some that isn't. He talks of a kid, just about 15-16, who was not even into sports, but saw the piece, came up and thanked him, talking of how he finally was able to come out to his family and friends. Paul doesn't think John needs to hang out there, he has done without a father all his life. John lets him know he has one now. Granfather comes, talks in Japanese, but evidently wants to show John the Golden Gate bridge....and without paul. John would be honored, they go off together. Paul stands for a minute, hears a rustling, turns.....and says "what are YOU doing here".

Back in Italy, Melanie is trying to get a groggy Theresa to come to. Not much luck. Mandrake comes in, takes Theresa away. Upstairs, Brady is tied to some comfy chair in the baby's nursery. Kristen is making speeches about what could have been, but won't be, she just thought Brady should get one last look at his child, then goes on and on about how much she care about him, (she sits on his lap, caressing his face) and how she is going to give this baby all the love she could have given Brady. She is hugging him, even kisses him. babbling away. Finally, she knocks on a window, calling Clint in. Clint pulls Brady out of the room, she calls Mandrake, they have to do it now. Mandrake arrives, asking if she doesn't want to wait a bit. Nope, she doesn't want to even hear it being done, she will meet him out at the car.
Clint brings Brady to the cellar room, throws him on the floor. Mel asks what he is going to do. Clint points his gun at Brady (who is working on the ropes behind his back) and says what do you think?
Theresa is on a floor, hears a baby crying, a lot. She is groggy, but has her eyes open, hearing the baby crying. She looks towards the baby.

Kristen has a coat on, ties the belt, grabs her purse, and is ready to leave. She jerks open the door.....and there stands Marlena!!!

I will have to watch this one later, sounds good! Thanks for the summary, Poirot.

Kristen has a coat on, ties the belt, grabs her purse, and is ready to leave. She jerks open the door.....and there stands Marlena!!!

You know, the opening-the-door-to-find-someone-standing-there bit is weird and overused enough...but how is it that it seems practically ANYONE can just walk up on Stately DiMera Castle? :rolleyes:

It was a good episode. Poor Marlena, thinking she was on her way to see John and Paul and winds up facing Kristen. Guess she gets to be the cavalry all by her lonesome! It did seem like a fast flight there.

But it did take me a minute to realize that Kristen was talking about Theresa as the "egg donor". I went What? Who?

Will continues to distinguish himself as Salem's leading clueless wonder: ignoring Clydes' not-so-subtle warnings about doing an article, saying that he's an "objective" writer, and then jumping to all the wrong conclusions about Sonny's phone call. Also on today's achievement list is Toddler Mel who has to be one of the most annoying captives in history. Perhaps the scariest thing that Kristen has said to Brady was that he'd be spending eternity with the babbling wonder. Finally, kudos to Ben for actually looking through the peephole today before answering the door. How many Salemites have flung open their door only to find the last person they want to see standing there?

I was looking around for duct tape, a rolled up sock, something to just shut Melanie up with her incessant stupid babbling. Even her beloved had to tell her to shut up!!! She is in a castle with bad guys, and weird Kristen, it is a DIMERA castle and she is yelling for help?????

Marlena must have booked her flight on a most unusual airline if to go San Francisco from Salem (another city in the U.S.) you have a layover in Italy which last I checked was in Europe. :confused:I found her appearance at Castle DiMera to be a head scratcher as far as I was concerned. I'm sure there will be an explanation tomorrow but I can't think of anything that won't seem contrived with a capital C.

I have to say that as much as I disliked this whole baby stealing fiasco from the beginning I have to say that I'm finding the wrap-up much more enjoyable then I thought I would. I wouldn't say that it makes up for the months of drivel we've been subjected to but at least it might not be a total failure.

I wonder who Paul was talking to at the end of the episode. Since it's not possible for either Sonny or Marlena to be in places at once we know it was either of them. Unless of course one of them has a clone and since it's sweeps maybe we shouldn't discount that possibility. I suppose it could have been Tori if they're going the anti-climatic route. I suspect that they might keep that a mystery though leaving us to wonder who else Paul might have a connection to in Salem since it is sweeps and all.

I saw a bit of the the old Will I liked in his scenes with Clyde in that he didn't back down from the Dapper Don of Dixie. But at the same time when he tried to push back I wanted to pat him on the head give him a big ol' glass of chocolate milk and peanut butter and banana sandwich. He came across as intimidating as a box of kittens. It also didn't help that he immediately turned into a walking pile of mush the second he walked into the apartment and heard Sonny on the phone.

A pretty good show! Thanks for the summary!!
SO glad this Kristen storyline has climaxed and is coming to an end. I'm loving Marlena right now! Also really enjoyed Paul and John today. And Abby & Chad. As usual, can't stand Will but the rest of the show as really good.

Marlena must have booked her flight on a most unusual airline if to go San Francisco from Salem (another city in the U.S.) you have a lay over in Italy which last I checked was in Europe. :confused: .

She never booked a flight to San Francisco. She picked up an address from Victor's place, thinking it was where Paul was, and must have gotten someone to fly her there. All she knew (or, THOUGHT she knew) was that Paul was wherever that address was.

Will has so little faith in Sonny that he thinks Sonny is professing his love to Paul before hopping a flight to see him. Who would want to be married to someone that insecure, especially given the fact that they are the one guilty of infidelity.

Abby getting worked up by Chad and running off to sleep with Ben is very similar to Brady getting worked up by Kristen and then running off to sleep with Theresa. And just think, had it not been for Kristen, Brady wouldn't have slept with Theresa and Christopher wouldn't exist since that was the last time they slept together.

I'll comment on the rest after I watch. I'm dying to see the happenings in that mountain top castle.

She never booked a flight to San Francisco. She picked up an address from Victor's place, thinking it was where Paul was, and must have gotten someone to fly her there. All she knew (or, THOUGHT she knew) was that Paul was wherever that address was.

I was being tongue-in-cheek I didn't really think she had booked a flight San Francisco. LOL

Oh no worries. :) Things like that don't always come across in print. Plus it never would have occurred to me that Marlena had mistakenly picked up Kristen's address from Victor's desk thinking it was Paul's if you hadn't mentioned it. So her showing up in Italy makes a heck of lot more sense.

I imagine Marlena and Kristen's first words to each other are to simultaneously be: "What the hell are you doing here?" LOL

I just don't know how Sonny tolerates Will. He must be the most zen person on world.

As for who Paul's visitor is, I would say Derrick but Jason47 posted this week's guests and Spencer Nevile (Derrick) isn't on it unless Jason left him off it since it would be dead give away. If it was Derrick, the twist for May sweeps could be that Paul knew all along who Will was and set the whole plan up with Derrick. It doesn't go with what we see because Paul seemed real surprised about the whole mess but is Days and you can't expect them to make sense. Since Sonny and everyone is also questioning how he feels about Paul really; he might give Paul another shot and the secret of Paul knowing comes out in August and Sonny just says kick rocks to both Will and Paul than leaves Salem.

It could be Victor but he is pushing Sonny to visit him.

Justin is on tomorrow so he is the most likely. How does Paul know Justin though since he didn't really know Adrienne. Also, why would Justin ask Sonny to come visit him in Hong Kong but then leave there to go to San Francisco unless he changed his mind and just decided to hit back in Salem and stop by Paul.

Back