Days of Our Lives - Tues., Aug. 1, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The truth will out, but...not everywhere. Chad watches in agony, thru the window, as Kayla and nurses work on the injured Abigail. The nurse closes the blinds, Jennifer rushes in, Chad tells her what happened. (flashback) Jen is beside herself, and is just now hearing about witness protection, Abby going to leave town, etc. Chad learns Jen knew nothing, was not bringing Thomas to the police station. Jen almost blows it by saying something about Abby's marriage "wasn't even.....", but won't say more, then JJ arrives.

At the cop shop, JJ comes in, learning from Hope & Rafe that Dario was counterfeiting, stealing money from Countess W., got witness protection, and was leaving town with Abby. JJ finds that hard to believe, then Raines comes out with the news of Abby being hit by a hit & run. JJ takes off, Hope & Rafe are stopped by Raines, told to go after Dario and the hit and run driver. Better to do their job, then sit in the hospital, drinking stale coffee, and doing nothing. They agree, Rafe later talks of Dario being gone, witness protection not being able to help now, he may never see him again.

Meanwhile, JJ shows up at the hospital, and starts accusing Chad, this is all his fault, the car was coming for him, yada, yada. Jen stops him, not time or place for this. Kayla comes out, lots of internal injuries and bleeding, Abby needs surgery, Jen has to sign, but there are huge risks. Jen is hesitant, but signs permission.

Over at DiMansion, Kate comes home to find an upset Gabi sitting on the sofa. Gabi comments that Chad just ran off to find Abby when she told him about Dario leaving town. And thus, Kate goes into a long, long push at Gabi to not give up on Chad, going thru various reasons, throwing barbs at Abby, she goes on and on and on. Gabi tho, wants to take Ari, go home, not have Chad find this weak person on the sofa waiting for him. Kate just goes on and on some more, finally convincing Gabi she should call Chad.

Nicole is reading one of Eric's letters, as Brady returns, she shoves it in her purse. He can tell she has been crying, she claims it is Holly, she should be putting her to bed, not wondering if she has had a happy day. Maggie arrives, Tate won't settle down, Brady goes to tend to him, Maggie & Nicole have a long talk. Nicole confides in Maggie about the letters, about forgiving Eric, and finally, about having seen Daniel in the drug induced hazy time at the party. Eric saw him, too. He told Nicole to forgive Eric, and she knew she should, long ago, but could not do so. Just couldn't. But then, suddenly, she was able to do so. Maggie is glad, asks something about Nicole/Eric...nope, there is nothing there, nothing between them. But she doesn't want Brady to know anything about this. He is already stressed by all that is going on at Titan, and she doesn't want him to know about this. Of course, Brady has come downstairs, and overhears the last part.

Eric is at the Pub, talking to his dad. He tells Roman that Nicole has forgiven him, which of course starts Roman onto the times Eric & Nicole were together, and it always ended badly. Eric tries to assure him there is nothing between them, but Roman keeps it up, until Eric bluntly tells him to butt out, just butt out. Roman concedes Eric's private life is none of his business, he should not have interfered in his private life. And then, of course, Roman asks......so.....how are things going with Jennifer?

Brady walks into the living room, telling Maggie & Nicole he got Tate settled down. Maggie takes her leave, saying goodnight to both. Brady comments Nicole looks better, she says she is feeling better. He tries lightly to question her, assuring her that if anything is upsetting her, he really wants her to feel she can tell him, anything at all. She knows she can. Hugs. Brady doesn't look all that satisfied.

Gabi, at Kate's insistence, finally does call Chad...and learns of the accident. She will be right there. Kate is trying to reach Andre' by phone, leaving a message to call her, very important.

At the hospital, Jen & JJ are allowed to go in to see Abby, (who is hooked up to all kinds of tubes, etc.) before the surgery. Jen holds her daughter's hands, talking of when she was a baby, wrapping her little fingers around Jen's. And talking of being in this same place when Jen was told Abby had aplastic anemia, she beat that back then, and will beat this this time. She lays her head on Abby's stomach.

Abby is wheeled out to surgery, Chad jumps up, puts his head next to Abby's (is he whispering in her ear???), then kisses her forehead, strokes her hair, and they go off. In comes Gabi, tapping him on his shoulder. He turns, looking distressed, as she puts her arms around him.

Thank you, Poirot.

No Patch today? pout pout pout

It sounds like Billy Flynn (Chad) puts in another good performance today. He has become one of my favorite actors on Days.

Ummm...If Abby has internal injuries, then why is Jennifer touching her anywhere other than an unbroken hand? Any nurses or other medical people here please chime in.

Old busy body Kate needs to just butt out. She is back to being a "One Note Annie".

Gabi, don't listen to Kate. As far as I'm concerned, you've over stayed your welcome. I'll help you pack. Maybe I just drop you off at the bus station while I'm at it.

Last edited:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You can tell what kind of crappy day that I'm having.

I've had 4 different agencies and schools call me today telling me that I "have to" be at their sites the week of the 14th......sorry, I'm on vacation then. I don't give a poo what they have planned without consulting / asking me first.

Another day where they act like the Witness Protection Program is something you "report to" when Hope and Rafe told JJ that Dario and Abby never showed up to meet the feds. Oh, please. The feds don't say "hey, meet us in that abandoned warehouse at the edge of town and bring a bag and all your favorite possessions at 8:30 tonight. We'll leave a light on for ya!"

So, I have been on vacation for the last two weeks. I kept up a little thanks to the summaries. One comment in general, though: Is it because I missed too much of the show (I really don't think I will bring myself to watch two weeks worth of shows, I will skip them), but it seems to me that this is now "The Abigail Show". Just reading the summaries, I'm tired of her!

It did look like Chad was whispering into Abby's ear. Probably I love you, you have to make it. Gabi who? They are gonna be over in a heartbeat. I guess that's how it always happens on TV but if you are pushing someone out of the way why don't you keep going with them!?

And yesterday Tripp sent a vase of flowers crashing to the floor. Was surprised Steve and Roman didn't hear that but whatever then today there is no discovery of that mess.

Brady and Nicole, does not seem like there will be a happily ever after there. He is being stupid jealous.

And yesterday Tripp sent a vase of flowers crashing to the floor. Was surprised Steve and Roman didn't hear that but whatever then today there is no discovery of that mess.
Salem's magical little cleaning elves probably took care of the mess before Roman and Steve returned to the dining area of the pub.

Different hospital room view to me. After surgery, will Abby go to the all purpose regular one?

I have noticed a more "family centric" vibe, we are reminded that Roman is Eric's dad, Rafe is Dario's brother, Hope is Jen's cuz, Abby is Kayla's niece...keep it up!

I wish it would be brought up that Gabi and Abigail once were best friends - isn't Abigail little Arianna's godmother as well?

Gabi and Kate: Okay I know I'm going to be waaay in the minority on this and you can feel free to call the guys in the white coats after I say this but: I like their scenes. The fact that Kate genuinely likes and has real affection for Gabi makes me have a bit of a soft spot for her.

But on the other hand, I wish Gabi still had Mama Hernandez around or had more scenes with Hope or maybe Marlena. She really needs another older woman mentor figure to counteract all the what I believe to be well intentioned (for Kate) but nevertheless absolutely godawful advice she gets from Kate.

I have to say Commissioner Raines surprised me today because when he initially stopped Rafe and Hope from going to the hospital I rolled my eyes because I thought he was just going to give them another tongue lashing. But it turned out he was actually riii=-this darned keyboard-he was rriii, oh heck he was not wrong. :)

The problem is he's still such a one-note humorless straight-arrow that I suspect he's probably going to end up to be as crooked as a three-dollar bill. I know the expression is "as phony as a two-dollar bill" but I paid for a cup of coffee with a two-dollar bill just this morning so I know that phrase to be inaccurate.

Dario: Just how dumb is this sleazeball?? Why is he going on the run after somebody apparently tried to run him down? The whole idea of witness protection is that nobody will ever be able to do things like this again because His Sliminess has vanished.

JJ: Can't he just shut up? Chad is under enough stress without having to listen to his accusatory nonsense. Somebody less civilized than Chad might have told Jenny's bratty, self-righteous son to "go break a window" or "go sleep with some middle-aged mother."

Gabi: Can't this drama queen ever chill out? If Kate really wanted to yank her chain she's have told her that an angry Nick Fallon is still alive, in Salem, and looking for her.

Maggie: While hearing Nicole's tale of an appearance by the Love Doctor, did she ask herself why her beloved, super-duper egg-baby never appears to her?

Roman: Could the real reason he never pays his bills be a lack of customers. The Pub always seem largely empty when seen on-screen. Perhaps, if he adopted John's silver-fox look, women of a certain age would flock to the Pub for chowder, burgers, Wanchai Ferry meals, drinks, and a chance to give Roman a kiss.

Thanks, Poirot,

What a day in Salem.

Kate telling Gabi everything will be alright. I'm not sure about that one. I laughed
when Kate referred to Gabi has the anti Abigail.

And where is Andre? Hopefully, he wasn't the one in the car that hit Abby.

John called Roman wondering where Marlena was. Then Eric walks in. Then dad and
son talk about Marlena's cooking. Eric mentioned he thought mac and cheese was
supposed to be charbroiled.

It was interesting when Raines told Hope and Rafe to stay and work. Wow, people
working in Salem.

My sense that Dario on the run is so he can return at a later date when Chad and Abby reunite. There will be the marriage malarkey to keep Chad and Abby from marrying again. Just when they convince the courts or whoever that Dario tricked Abby into marriage and they are about to get it annulled....ta-da...Dario resurfaces.

Hattie was pretty likable in prison helping Hope. The current storyline is just ridiculous and puts her in a really bad light. Throwing in Bonnie for Adrienne to have some comic relief is sitting on my last nerve.

Sigh

No Patch today?

This bothered me too. I would have liked to have seen him at the hospital with Jen and JJ.

Could the real reason he never pays his bills be a lack of customers.

Funny but I actually think this is a trend in the past couple weeks. Very few background actors. We've seen it at the Pub, TBD and now the hospital. Even HTS was somewhat empty yesterday. I don't like it.

Great stuff at the hospital today. I loved how Chad told Jen about the accident and I loved how she almost told him the truth about Abby's marriage. Chad's angst was incredible. I wish we could have seen Steve, Adrienne, Joey and Lucas as well. Even Julie and Doug.

Also loved Jen mentioning Stephanie since she's Abby's contemporary. 2 days in a row of Stephanie mentions.

Nice to get a Zack mention too. I wish we would have gotten this when David died and Hope was consoling Julie.

I like that Raines isn't letting Hope and Rafe off easy. I wonder if he will eventually end their professional partnership.

I tried to watch the Nicole-Maggie stuff but tuned out once Daniel started getting mentioned.

Fast forwarded Kate and Gabi. The inexplicable Kate hatred of Abby is getting really old. This really would have made more sense had Laura Horton been in Salem.

I enjoyed Roman with Eric. We've gotten Roman 3 days in a row now. I suspect Eric will head to the hospital soon.

I did not like Rafe telling Hope, "Tell him."

I did not like JJ in dork brother mode.

I LOVED Chad in his hospital angst. THIS is the talent that's been wasted on the useless Gabi nonsense.

I have no use for scheming lying tramp Kate. Shouldn't she be, oh I don't know, RUNNING THE BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY she is trying to steal instead of meddling in her ex-stepson's pointless rebound relationship with a murderess?

I almost choked at the Zack reference. And I like that Raines is reasonable as a boss for Rafe & Hope.

Jen's hospital scenes were incredible. I hope Chad learns the truth moments before Gabi dumps him. Everyone can be reasonable.
Fast forwarded Kate and Gabi.
Me too! First FF since Ron C took over.

Three days of Roman and two days of Stephanie mentions? We're either heading into a golden age or a swan song.

J: Can't he just shut up? Chad is under enough stress without having to listen to his accusatory nonsense. Somebody less civilized than Chad might have told Jenny's bratty, self-righteous son to "go break a window" or "go sleep with some middle-aged mother."
This is hilarious because I actually thought I would love it if JJ and Kate hooked up, and everyone shunned them and they left town together, I honestly wouldn't care. They don't know how to write for JJ. This is a huge problem for legacy characters on this show. Each new headwriter has a vision of them, and it stinks. I know he's always been idiotically protective of his (much?) older sister...but I don't buy the tough guy junk. I was liking him as a beat cop/detective type, too. He should stay far away from family stories for awhile.

Meanwhile - speaking of things I can't buy...it's hard to imagine that the CRIMINAL KINGPINS who founded DiMera and Titan have boards or investors or any logical story reason for me to believe that Sonny's arrest affects business. Seriously? Wouldn't appointing your inexperienced, coffee-slinging nephew be a bigger red flag than the CEO's being arrested for murder? He's not even charged with a crime yet. Yeeeesh.

Back