Days of Our Lives - Tues., Aug. 1, 2017

Thanks for the summary. Another pretty good show. Lots of mentions and interactions. My guess for the lack of background actors would be that the ratings for the show were on the decline, and this helps save money. Perhaps if the storylines continue getting better, that will change.

I actually like Kate and Gabi's relationship. I ship Chad & Gabi still. I'm not necessarily a fan of Kate's out-of-nowhere dislike of Abigail or her preference to meddle in Chad's love life over managing business, but I do like that this is shown.

Chad's acting is spectacular. Everyone's is, buy Billy Flynn (Chad) really just stands out in particular. Loving this portrayals him. JJ really needs to lay off and blame Dario for what happened.

The Daniel mentions are overdone and I'm tired of jealous Brady, but Nicole's scenes with Maggie were sweet. I also liked seeing Roman and Eric--or Roman in general--today.

Funny thing is, there are always tours going thru the studio and guarantee you people would sit at Pub tables for FREE, no strings, backs to the camera. Same for walking thru the square, stopping to look in windows, etc.

However, Days has been USING a lot of their cast, so perhaps they needed to reduce expenses a bit. And it has to be intentional, because dialogue is there saying business is slow tonight, or today.....both at Pub and Club TBD. Reasons for characters to be in the establishments but more or less alone.

DaysD - This is something that has bugged me and annoyed when it comes to JJ, Jen and their love/hate relationship with Chad. Chad has not done anything to warrant the treatment he receives from JJ. As far as I'm concerned, JJ needs to look in the mirror and realize he is not perfect, has made mistakes, and stop being judgy mcjudgerson!! He will take anything that has happened and turn it around to blame Chad. Like someone suggested here, he needs to find some cougar and hit the road to Chicago or maybe go on a sabbatical and visit grandpa in Africa where a real lion is waiting to pounce........or something like that.

I might be reaching here but I'm guessing part of JJ's anger towards Chad is more about Gabi and not Abby. I was actually surprised he didn't walk back out at the end and see Chad and Gabi hugging. Fade to black on JJ. That would have been a much soapier ending.

Last edited:
I might be reaching here but I'm guessing part of JJ's anger towards Chad is more about Gabi and not Abby. I was actually surprised he didn't walk back out at the end and see Chad and Gabi hugging. Fade to black on JJ. That would have been a much soapier ending.

Totally agree!!! And Chad is either with his sister or his old girlfriend. Way too much connection between these two. JJ and Lani don't do it for me either.

I enjoyed this episode but it is really aggravating me that no one will tell Chad why Abigail married Dario. I don't understand why they don't. Jennifer almost did and then stopped herself.

Something I've been noticing lately that I hadn't seen much of in quite a while is that we're back to a lot of those moments when someone starts to tell a person something and then there is a long pause before cutting away to another scene or a commercial break. The idea is to make you think they're going to give some very bad news or something along those lines.

An example is when Jennifer asked Kayla about Abigail's condition and Kayla had a super serious look on her face and paused. Another example is Tripp, actually more than one time lately. He's gotten an expression and paused, making you think he was about to confess to Steve that he was the one who got Kayla in trouble--when he wasn't about to do that at all, based on his continuing determination to make Kayla pay for "killing his mom." I've noticed other people doing this kind of thing too. Maybe it's just me, but I remember this used to happen a lot but then I hadn't noticed it for a long time until recently.

Very nice outfit on Kate, today! Liking her new look.

Only Kayla and one nurse in Abby's room? If she was coding, there should have been a crowd in there. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gabi just missed seeing Chad kissing, and whispering to, Abby. I wish she had driven (?) a little faster.

Back