Days of Our Lives - Tues., Aug. 15, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, August 15, 23017

Confrontations dominate the show today. Abe is scolding Theo for working for the DiMeras, knows he is undoubtedly the one who destroyed the picture. He goes over it all, Chad confessing, being in jail. the DiMeras are corrupt, is really giving Theo a hard time. Abe wishes your mother was here, she would know how to handle it. Theo, though, reminds his father that HE is a DiMera, that Abe talks of standing up for family, and the DiMeras ARE his family. He is not sorry and would do it all again. Abe talks of Theo going to jail, being named an accessory after the fact, and orders him to quit his job. Theo refuses, gets up and leaves.

Lani goes to see Eli, and after beating around the bush a bit, tells him how Raines has been leaning on her, wanting her to tell him what she knows of the case, and how she said nothing, but really knows diddly squat. Eli listens to her, asks a couple questions after Lani tells of nearly getting fired, and her fake threat of "her father being able to fire Raines". Eli seems interested in this. Upshot is, he tells Lani she is no longer working with him, better she goes back to being a full time cop.

Lani leaves, Val (his mother) shows up for breakfast, looks lovely in a red dress, necklace, and the earrings Abe gave her. Eli comments on how dressed up she looks, and she gushes over Abe's gifts to her, what a sweet man.

Steve goes to the Pub to talk to Roman, goes over the last time they were, and tells him all about the big fight last night with Kayla, who did not come home; and then the whole story of Tripp deciding it was really Kayla who killed his mother, & thus he set her up,. and then even threatened to kill her. Roman is sympathetic, figures Kayla will simmer down, and in re: Joey with all his guilt......well, Roman talks of how he despaired when Eric was drinking, problematic, and going to prison. The worst thing in the world for his son, and yet, look at him now. And he now thinks perhaps prison was the best thing in the world for him.

Tripp has come to the hospital to see Kayla, asks about Abby...she is short, abrupt with him in her replies, has work to do. Tripp wants to talk, she has nothing to say to him. Then let me talk. O.K. Can we go somewhere private. Nope, here or nothing. Tripp understands her not trusting him, she says he is right, she doesn't. And thus he begins...I am sorry, I know what I did was unforgivable....and he talks of thinking how his mother was sleeping, and he pictured Kayla with the pillow, and saw Kayla sleeping, picked up a pillow. He just snapped....and he goes on, explaining, talking of his thinking, and repeating how sorry he is, knows what he did is unforgivable, that he does deserve to be in prison. He nearly left town, but Claire made him see how he thought someone should pay, he was running away from doing so himself.

Back at the Pub, Joey walks in, he cannot stand it any longer, he is going down to the police station to confess. Will his dad come with him. And in comes Kayla & Tripp. Kayla says Tripp has something to say to you both, Tripp apologizes to all, and in particular, tells Joey he harbors no resentment against him. He realizes that he, himself, felt just as pushed as Joey did, and did nearly the same thing. He understands, and is not ever going to tell anyone about what Joey did. Now Kayla speaks, more or less saying they need to put this all behind them, come together as a family, and go forward, be together. Steve looks at his son questioningly....."Joey"?

Theo comes home, looking downhearted, tells Claire he had fight with his dad. She is sorry, sympathetic, doesn't want him hurt.

Abe sits alone, as Eli comes up, smiling, his mom just loves those earrings. He thanks Abe for being so kind to his mom, all the gifts, did he win the lottery or something? Abe doesn't reply, just asks if he found Dario yet. No, he is not where we can get him. Abe asks a couple other questions, the smile is gone from Eli's face. He leaves.

Hope & Rafe have been working at the cop shop, bemoaning they have to reopen the case again. they chit chat as they go over files, blah, blah. Raines comes, gives a small hard time. Then Hope gets a call, Eli wants to see them stat! Off they go. Eli tells them that he is going to give them the name of Dario's partner, and they are going to be shocked.

Abe sits alone, pulls a wad of bills from his inside pocket, puts a couple of them down to pay the bill, looks over the remainder and slips it back in his inside jacket pocket.

It could be that either Abe was set up.......or maybe working undercover to be able to get enough evidence against Dario & whoever was supplying him with artifacts, Halo or whatever it is that is underhanded.

My apologies to one and all.....as I neglected to mention the war of words between Kate & Andre. Lots of inuendos, double meaning threats, all said with a smile. And had to do with Chad confessing, because SOMEONE (Andre) told him about the picture.

I totally believe Abe is working with Eli to throw off Raines. Raines will think he is in the clear. Lani will be ticked that Eli didn't tell her. Will be made to look like he dismissed Lani because of her Dad.

This must be a set up. There is not enough evidence on Raines with Dario gone. This will be how they get Raines into his comfort zone.

Pure speculation on my part.

Evidently Kate is not adept at making a French braid. Sort of a hot mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abe having all the extra cash reminds me of small plotline in Lethal Weapon 4. Mel Gibson notices his partner, Danny Glover, has a lot of extra cash. He eventually begins to think he got into something shady on the side. But in the end, it turned out Danny Glover's wife was secretly writing trashy romance novels that became a hit.

Ms. Blue Chunk is pushing her luck; Kate better watch her mouth -- mentioning Andre's lack of mental balance and then bad-mouthing him to Mr. Shin. How long will it be before Andre's darker impulses prevail over his marriage of convenience?

Stefano would be proud: He'd be smiling his trademarked DiMera grin over Theo refusing to quit his job. He'd probably say something like: "This is wonderful news, yes? Despite Abraham's best efforts, young Theodore has proven himself to be a real DiMera."

Abe should get his news elsewhere: He actually believes what he reads in the sinking Spectator? At this point, Anne Milbauer is probably filling up this beleagured newspaper by making things up. Abe should either subscribe to the Chicago Tribune or start reading Salem's own cheesy tabloid, the Intruder.

Has Abe gone over to the dark side?: Not likely, but there is precedent. Back when he was running against EJ for mayor, he was not above dirty tricks and vote fraud.

Happy Johnson days are here again: It's certainly good news that Little Trippy has ended his private war against Kayla and reconciled with Joey. Now, the young Mr. Johnson can abandon his plans to go straight to prison without passing Go and collecting $200. Regardless of what Steve said today, it's highly unlikely that prison would have been a positive experience for poor Joey.

I had a different thought about Abe. I was wondering if maybe he is a doppelgänger? I definitely agree he is a red herring and I actually like Raines so I hope he isn't the culprit. Surprise me Ron.

I'm glad Kayla is still angry at Tripp. She should be. I liked her blue and yellow outfit.

Nice to hear Roman and Steve comparing their sons too.

I completely missed that Valerie was even on today. It must have been a blink and you miss it. I was actually wondering what her purpose is since we never see her. Abe and Eli function just fine without her.

Thanks, Poirot.

Do we know if Dario actually told Eli who is partner was or did he say he would give
him evidence to tell him who it was?

Seems kind of stupid of Abe flashing that much money around. He probably figured
no one would notice since it's Salem. Maybe he got it off the Salem money tree :)

Valerie and Eli mentioned eating breakfast. Was it breakfast time at the Martin House,
but not at the Brady Pub? Roman and Steve were drinking beer.

Will we find out tomorrow if Joey will confess or not? If he does, will people think he
came in to confess to killing Deimos?

she gushes over Abe's gifts to her, what a sweet man.
It's not irrelevant that Abe paid cash (mentioned by Valerie) for the gifts.
blah, blah
This is being charitable. Rafe/Hope were the downdrag in an otherwise excellent show. Why are they investigating this murder again?
This episode has given me the impression that Abe is the mastermind behind Dario. Anyone else get that vibe?
Even John Black in his deepest coma would get that impression.
Ms. Blue Chunk is pushing her luck; Kate better watch her mouth -- mentioning Andre's lack of mental balance and then bad-mouthing him to Mr. Shin. How long will it be before Andre's darker impulses prevail over his marriage of convenience?
This man has killed half the town (oh, but "not really") and tried to kill the other half. He's an unhinged psycho but even he's better than the nutjob who married him (or the completely unbalanced psychos who serve the DiMera board and appointed Mrs. André DiMera to run the company).
I had a different thought about Abe. I was wondering if maybe he is a doppelgänger? I definitely agree he is a red herring and I actually like Raines so I hope he isn't the culprit. Surprise me Ron.
I'm with you. Raines has integrity which is in short supply in Salem, most especially in the Salem PD. I'm hoping that he's leading smart viewers to Raines to really trick us with the real culprit.

Gotta agree, it just can't be Abe. But where is all this money coming from?

I liked Andre's dig at Kate about being married to a man that doesn't love her for the 8th or 9th time.

I liked the Tripp/Kayla talk. I want him redeemed!

And Hope! "I can't believe we have to open this case again." So she was perfectly happy to have Sonny and or Chad go down for it? Did she think either of them really did it? Just annoyed me.

Back