Days of Our Lives - Tues., Aug. 15, 2017

I guess I do not see Raines as a stellar person. He must not have anyone special in his life. Such a sourpuss.

He seems to always see the worst. People are guilty unless they can prove they are not.

Abe being guilty of such ridiculous out of character behavior makes no sense other than to set a trap. Not believing it for one teeny tiny bit.

Evidently the new writers have put things in a mix master and are trying to sort out everything at once:

Anjelica and two (not one but 2!!) doppelgangers

Crazy jealous Brady has fallen off the wagon and wants to turn in his brother so said brother can go back to jail

Chad and Sonny confess to a crime they didn't commit while on drugs (that still keeps them from remembering) and now recant their confessions.

Tripp goes over the edge, tries to kill his stepmother, apologizes, and she will forgive him for it if he convinces her natural son not to confess to a murder he did commit.

Abby marries a psycho without doing background on him just to help him get out of a mess with a drug lord then figures it out after, and shoves her true love out of the path of a speeding car meant for her ersatz husband. Unfortunately Abby gets hit instead.

Now Abe is flashing cash, buying expensive gifts for his significant other. Stating that he got deals for paying cash. Exactly the kind of thing he would warn his son against doing.

I believe most of this happened in the past two weeks or so. I could go on but I'm tired just thinking about it.

Gotta agree, it just can't be Abe. But where is all this money coming from?
Could it be that Abe has lost confidence in the Salem banks, has closed all his accounts, cancelled his credit cards, and is now keeping his money under the mattress? After all, if the banks are as badly run as other Salem institutions, what person in their right mind would have any confidence in them. Here a a few possible examples.

John: Hey, the ATM only gave me $20 in cash, but the statement says that i withdrew $200! That's a fact!
Manager: Sorry, Mr. Black. The guy who programmed that machine must have been in a coma. Come back tomorrow and we might have things sorted out.

Jenny: Where's my loan? You said my loan would be approved today. I need cash to keep the Spectator afloat.
Manager: Oops. Sorry about that Ms. Deveraux. We must have lost your application. Can you resubmit your paperwork?

Roman: What da hell? I need to make a big deposit, but all the tellers are on break at the same time. What kind of service is this?
Manager: That's the way it is Mr. Brady. We pretend to pay them and they pretend to work. This is Salem after all.

I was disappointed my recording only got the first couple of segments of this episode. I was looking forward to watching it. I'm glad for the summary and all the comments.

Do you have cable? Days is available On Demand now on many cable networks. You may have to search for the listing though.

Another good show. Kate and Andre are hilarious! And I love that Theo didn't back down.

I suspect this is a red herring a la Abe, and really hope so. I can't stand Raines, and think it'd be awesome if he got in trouble for it and left the soap. Let me take this moment to say I also find this investigation wayyyy more interesting than the one with Deimos.

I really enjoy Roman's interactions with Steve, and everything that happened with the family today.

Back