Days of Our Lives - Tues. Aug. 18, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Oh, my, Sonny is departing Salem and gets a most wonderful departure. Replays of Monday's closing scenes. Paul & Sonny are talking, with Sonny not knowing quite how to express how his feelings right now. Their faces get close, they are about to kiss, but both break away, realizing it would be a huge mistake. Sonny talks of needing time by himself, and he is leaving Salem, Uncle Vic has need of something to be done. Paul is taken aback, Sonny claims he just needs time to think, will be back, but not for a few months.

JJ, with Paige standing there, tells Kyle to back off from Paige or he will go to prison. And then says Paige cannot be trusted, she shot off her mouth to his mother, and will do so to others, who knows. They talk privately, JJ warns Kyle that Paige is nuts, mad at him, his mother fortunately did not believe anything Paige said, but Kyle better not hang with Paige. So Kyle goes to talk to Paige alone, while JJ takes the opportunity to sneak into Kyle's apt. thru the window.
Paige is jabbering to Kyle that what he does is dangerous, and yes, she talked to Mrs. Deveraux, but to no one else and won't, but more or less tells Kyle to either get rid of JJ or she is gone. Oh, but Kyle is eager to stay friends with Paige, suggests they go to his place, she can show him some more educational sites that will help him, he will even make popcorn.
JJ is searching drawers and things in the dark, finds an old calendar page from 2010, with some dates having large Xs on them, figures it is code, then decides perhaps this is the combo to the safe. He attempts to do so. Out in the hall, Kyle & Paige arrive, he gets a call, has to take it, gives her his keys, will see her inside. She opens the door, JJ turns around, both stare at each other.

Justin & Adrienne are talking of Sonny, his marriage troubles, and Justin is advising they stay out of it, Sonny is a man, makes his own decisions. In comes Victor, not happy to see Adrienne, tho Justin reminds him that she lives there. Vic comments about them being divorced, but shrugs, mentions their son will be there soon, with some news. A tiny bit of bickering, but then Sonny comes in. He lets them know he is leaving town, going to Paris to take care of some business for Uncle Vic, so smiles and calls to get the jet ready. Justin & Adrienne are shocked, he asks them to take him to the airport. They go to get the car, Sonny says a heartfelt goodbye and hug to Uncle Vic.

Will has been pacing, decides to take Arianna (who looks absolutely adorable) out to go find Daddy, they leave. Later he comes across a dejected Paul in the park. Paul is visibly upset, but to Will's query, just tells him he should go home. Now.

Abby is surprised to see Chad in her office, who wants to be assured she is not leaving town. No, she isn't, where did he get the idea, Chad says from Ben. She admits he asked, but no, this is her home, family, job. They talk of her engagement, how Ben put the ring on her finger in front of Chad (wow, these two together are just dynamite), she appreciates he wished them well, he still does. He is a big boy, and as he leaves, says he is glad he will still get to see that beautiful smile at times.
Hope & Aiden are still rolling around in bed, she is worried as she knows he is checking on Clyde, he cannot talk about Clyde at all. She gets a call from Caroline, & has to go take Caroline's glasses to her. She will be back, he will be waiting.

Ben is still moping with his dad about perhaps the baby not being his. Clyde turns on his southern charm and talks of doing some digging, and doesn't think Abby would have accepted the proposal if she thought Chad was the father. He starts talking about Kayla, hospital records, how there is a new test only needing a blood sample. Well, they have none of Ben's, who remembers about Chad being shot, so his records are there at the hospital. And there you go, replies the crafty Clyde. Ben is all happy now, Clyde gets a call, from his conversation, someone has put it together, Clyde is ticked off. He tells Ben it is just a bunch of small problems, he will go take care of it now.

Hope leaves Caroline's room, spots Victor, who had looked in on Caroline that morning, is planning again. Hope comments she is working her crossword puzzle. Victor mentions how happy Hope looks, teases her a bit about Aiden, and how she talked negatively about him when they first met. Hope laughs. Aiden is just absolutely the best.

Sonny & his parents are at his apartment, he has packed up. He is hugging each of his worried parents, assuring them they can come visit him, he will be back. Will & Ari return, Adrienne takes Ari, and leaves with Justin for privacy for Sonny & Will, who is shocked to hear Sonny is leaving. He is tearful, Sonny cannot go. Sonny explains he needs time and space, by himself. Will argues, Sonny is firm. Will begs, no use. Will moans how he really screwed up. Justin & Adrienne return with Ari, Victor called, the plane is ready. Sonny says goodbye to Will, they hug. He then takes Ari, and this scene had me in tears, truly, as Sonny tells her he is going on a big plane, far away, and will be thinking of her every minute. He is going to miss his little girl so much, and will send her lots of pictures so she won't forget her daddy. You're my little girl, and I love you so much. He hugs her, kisses her. There ARE tears in Sonny's eyes, as he hands Ari back to Will, then grabbing his bag, following his parents out the door. Will asks if he will hear from him, but Sonny says not for a while. I really need some space. The door closes.

Aiden is talking to his man on the phone, has the information he needed, tells him to send it all to the office. There is a knock on the door, he figures Hope is back. He opens the door, a figure swings at him, down Aiden does, nose is bloodied. He is on the floor, looking up at whoever hit him.

Good summary, decent show. I still can't understand why Will or Sonny would take Ari out in that skeevy park after dark, but whatever :rolleyes:

Looks like they left the door open for Sonny to return at some point. I sure hope so. He will be missed.

Oh my goodness, I had to reach for the tissues when Sonny was talking to Ari. She looked at him like she was going to cry, too. Man, I'm going to miss this character.

On the other hand, I just wanted to slap Will.

The rest of the show was pretty blah for me. Paige needed her mouth duct (duck) taped shut again today. Her voice is as annoying to me as nails on a chalk board.

Last edited:
So-so episode. On the one hand, we got the great Sonny farewell scenes and Hope/Aiden stuff. On the other hand, the Paige stuff is just intolerable. I wish she would just take her mother and her aunt Jeannie and go off to Stanford to start a new life.

Loved the scenes with Arianna. She works well with both Guy Wilson (Will) and Freddie Smith (Sonny). I thought she was going to hug Will when he was crying. I liked how she patted her hand on his shoulder. :)

So Clyde is angry that Aiden is investigating him. Still doesn't make much sense that Clyde would even be suspicious of Aiden at this point. He is allowed to drop a client if he chooses to. But then again Clyde killing EJ so suddenly also didn't make much sense. I do wonder what info Aiden was given about Clyde. My guess is Hope will arrive right after the assailant leaves.

I definitely think Lucas/Adrienne stuff has been cut. It was odd he wasn't on today or in her last episode. On another note, I hope another one of her and Justin's sons comes to Salem.

I do hope Sonny returns to Salem sooner and not later.

Great performance today by Freddie Smith (Sonny) when bidding farewell to weepy Will. Hopefully, in Sonny's absence, the brat boy won't turn to Sami for relationship advice. Elsewhere, it was people living on the edge: Paigie-poo talking too much about Kyle's profession, JJ breaking into Kyle's place once too often, and Aiden prying a little too deeply into the affairs of his homicidal former client. In Salem, this is the kind of behavior that gets people killed.

I'm glad Sonny got a send-off, but it really felt rushed to me. I just couldn't buy that he suddenly decided to just leave, even if it's only for awhile. One of his biggest issues with Will was always how Will didn't talk things through with him, just went ahead and did things. Just seemed a little odd. Good scenes though, regardless, and I know there wasn't a heck of a lot of notice/time to prepare much else in the way of the departure.

Everything regarding Sonny/Arianna/ Will has been said, my sentiments exactly and I will just add that I liked the brief moment between Chad and Abby. I don't like where I suspect Hope and Aiden are going. Clyde needs to LEAVE. Paige needs to LEAVE. And JJ is being wasted on the twit but I do hope being a rogue private investigator is in his future. The actor is doing a great job.

It does make you wonder how much lead time the writers had re: Freddie Smith (Sonny) leaving the show. It definitely seemed very rushed the way it played out and how Sonny barely batted an eye at the knowledge of Will cheating on him TWICE but suddenly he's just done with him. Um, okay.....plus it's a little weird considering Sonny already did this whole "I'm leaving to get some space" thing after he was shot and found out about Will/Paul. So, while I thought the episode itself was done well (the Sonny scenes) it just felt a bit underwhelming as far as Sonny's reason/timing for taking off. I'm just glad the writers remembered to have goodbye scenes with Victor/Justin/Adrienne. For a minute there I thought it was just going to be Sonny/Paul and then Sonny/Will so kudos to the writers.

The rest of the episode was somewhat dull. Although, I really hope Paige gets caught in some sort of cross-fire somehow due to her snooping and butting in. I wonder if JJ is going to tell her what he's really up to since she just caught him red-handed.

Am betting that the now retired writers had a different send off in mind as they wrote, but the new team changed it. Sonny did say he has been thinking about this for some time, indicating that Will's stupid shenanigans, one after the other, just kept piling up. So, sure, he needed some time and space, WITHOUT INTERFERENCE. And that has been Will's failing. He just did one thing after the other, lying to cover up a lie, evading, shading, badgering, etc. Sounds like Jeannie T. LOL

:OT:
Was Sonny's leaving taped at about the time that Freddie Smith had to begin his community service last February in Ashtabula County, Ohio? If so, maybe we'll see him back on Days some time in the future. I hope so. They can get rid of Will and Paul, and keep Sonny as far as I'm concerned.

If Freddie Smith doesn't ever come back as Sonny, I'd watch any other show he might end up on.....day or prime time.....as long as it wasn't on cable. Then I'd have to wait for Netflix to have it.

I'm glad I watched today. Really nice, emotional, well-done scenes today with Hope & Aiden, Abigail & Chad, and Sonny. Just really fantastically done, and I love that Will was put in his place. Great acting today all around.

On the other hand, poor Casey Moss (JJ) has been sacked with crap storylines for the past year, and this one is no different. I'm so sick of Paige, and also of Ben and Clyde. Is Ben seriously THAT stupid that he believes what Clyde was saying about Aiden? My goodness...

:OT: I really don't think Freddie Smith's (Sonny) personal life issues had anything to do with him leaving DAYS. Given the show's dark weeks once a month (or more) he could have scheduled his community service during those times or I'm sure the show would have given him a week or two off if they couldn't be scheduled during off weeks. I think he just wanted to pursue other projects but has left the door open for a return. :back:

I cried when Paul and Sonny said good bye. I'm glad Sonny told him he'll be back.
I cried when Sonny said bye to Ari :(

I'm glad Justin and Adrienne were on today so they could say good bye to Sonny.

I don't think Sonny will be gone too long he didn't pack a very big bag unless
he plans to do shopping in Europe :)

Interesting talk Abby had with Chad. She was surprised when he mentioned
she was moving.

I wonder when we'll find out what Aiden learned from "the man" about Clyde.

I laughed when JJ explained to Kyle that Paige can't keep her mouth shut
and she told his mom about drugs. Kyle didn't care. He still wants to use Paige

Back