Days of Our Lives - Tues., Aug. 2, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2016

Sonny & Paul sit in the Club, talking, catching up. Sonny explaining he decided to come home because of Uncle Vic & Maggie, what has happened to them, how much he misses Will, how he doesn't trust Deimos, & apologizing for not keeping in touch while gone, but he just wanted to grieve alone, disconnect from Salem completely. Paul understands, tries to apologize for any part in the troubles Sonny & Will had, but Sonny brushes it aside, no need, nothing was your fault at all. They chat away, Paul gets a text from John, has to leave.

Next, Sonny is with Gabi, Arianna on his lap, they laugh, chatter, he reads a story to Ari, they talk of Will, of what Sonny did in Paris, his love life (which was non-existent. She makes a reference to rekindling things with Paul, but Sonny puts the kibosh on that idea. They have a genuinely good time, she tells of dating JJ now, but he is so obsessed now tih finding Abigail. He just is distracted, she has not seen much of him of late.

Victor sits with Maggie in their living room, sorry that it did turn out that Summer took Tate, left a note for Brady with a hotel room number on it, and they found Tate's toy there. Maggie gets an idea of contacting Caroline, maybe she could get a vision or something. Victor says Caroline told him she no longer gets any, hasn't for months. He gets a call from Justin, leaves the room, Maggie evidently calls Caroline, making the suggestion.

Caroline is at the Pub with a distraught Theresa, trying to keep her calm, when she gets Maggie's call. Next, Caroline & Theresa are with Vic & Maggie, talking of the idea, Caroline protesting she has not had a vision for months. Theresa gives her a pacifier of Tate's to hold, no luck. Then suggests perhaps the place where he was taken, or the room he was kept in. So, out to the park, nothing. Next in the room, Caroline tries. Nothing.

Brady & John are with the hotel clerk who checked in the woman, Lauren Cartwright. They learn she arrived alone, lite brown hair, long, seemed middle aged, British accent. Oh, and she checked out a few hours after checking in, departed with a baby. Back to the office, John does some checking, gets help with some contacts, finding the woman flew to Indianapolis. He is going there, leaves Paul in charge of the office, trusts his instincts, is proud of him.

Over at that hotel room, with Brady, Theresa, Vic & Maggie there, Caroline tries again, is sorry, but suddenly her focus goes to the phone. Something about it. She picks it up, we see rather faintly, she has a vision of Victor on the phone. She pretends she there is nothing. John comes rushing in to get Maggie to come to his office to answer a few more questions. He wheels her out. Theresa & Brady are excited about the Indianapolis lead, go home to pack. This leaves Caroline & Victor, who wonders why she is looking at him like that. She tells him of the vision, he is indignant, says it must be from when he first heard of Tate. She did not say anything, wanting to give him a chance to explain, before accusations began flying. He brushes it all, has to mean nothing.

Marlena has gone to visit Gabi & Arianna, nice little chat, they talk of Will, Marlena learns Sonny is back in town, wonder if Paul knows. (earlier, Paul told John Sonny was back, he had just left him. ) Marlena has to leave, but first asks if Ari could be flower girl at her & John's wedding. No date yet, won't be until after they get Tate back home.

Now John & Marlena are in the square, he has brought a beautiful bouquet of flowers for her, and then lets her know of his lead, that he is leaving town for a few days, will be back, loves her, here is a kiss to remind you of that.

Theresa is falling apart at the idea of perhaps another dead end, but Brady reminds her of how strong and ferocious she was when they got Tate back from Kristen, he needs that person now for this. Be that strong woman now.

Caroline is with Brady & Theresa, saying goodbyes, be safe, etc. they leave. She stands in their apt., looking contemplative.

Victor & Maggie are home, he is sorry they all hit a dead end. Maggie thought it worth a chance, and for some reason, thinks Caroline got something she kept to herself for some reason. Victor pooh poohs the idea, probably something irrelevant, did not mean anything. Maggie leaves the room, Victor looks around, then "remembers" & we see him on the phone, as in Caroline's vision. He is talking to Lauren, telling her that everything must be done exactly as he has told her.

She makes a reference to rekindling things with Paul, but Sonny puts the kibosh on that idea
anvil-fall.jpg
I can't wait until the episode airs here...twitter comments have me all...well, a-twitter. Looking forward to the Gabi/Ari scenes with Sonny and the day of the great-grandparents. :)

I think Victor is a red herring too. Maybe this has to do with Summer's disappearance and not Tate? I also wasn't clear on who he was talking to at the end. I did hear a woman's voice but I don't recall him saying Lauren? That could have been anyone.

Also interesting that the alias used the name Claire. Running low on creativity I see.

Was anyone else getting whiplash with all the times John was in and out of room 1019?:rolleyes:

LOVED LOVED LOVED when John said to Marlena that they will get "OUR GRANDSON" back!!! Great scenes with these 2! I hope John doesn't get hurt in Indy.

Everything with Sonny was great. He has connected and caught up with the right people so far. Gabi looked fabulous.

Edited to Add: I liked the layers too. Marlena talking about Paul. Sonny calling JJ his cousin. John talking about Sonny. People aren't just focused in the moment.

Last edited:
@Heather, I had the CC on......that is where the notification came that he was talking to Lauren. He must have said it, otherwise it would not have been on the CC......It is at the very end, so anyone who taped it can check it......

I think Victor is a red herring too.
I'm starting to think that Victor arranged the kidnapping to frame Deimos, and perhaps play the hero - but things didn't go as planned. (I need something to hope for, here.) I too wondered about security footage, even the classy hotel where I'm staying has a few cameras in the public access areas.
Was anyone else getting whiplash with all the times John was in and out of room 1019?
My husband was! He came home about halfway through and asked, "Wasn't he just with DiMera (actually Victor)?" I explained that John has a teleporter when the plot demands it LOL.
Marlena talking about Paul. Sonny calling JJ his cousin. John talking about Sonny. People aren't just focused in the moment.
I liked these scenes, too. Not so anvil-y while watching, and I felt Paul and Sonny were appropriately awkward. Nice threads through the various scenes of Gabi, Sonny, Paul, John, Marlena, etc. And not a single mention of a certain couple!! I was also glad that Paul was in a later scene, sans Sonny.

I really liked the mentions of Will and the mini-mourning. Pain like that doesn't go away for Marlena, Sonny, or Gabi.

Am I the only one that wants something of a scene talking about Gabi having been involved with three Horton men? I'm not saying that Marie needs to disrupt JJ/Gabi's nuptials or anything.

Overall, a good episode. Nothing not to like. But please, please, Days...let's have a nice twist with the Tatenapping. Surprise me!!

Oh I definitely noticed all right Just Samantha. You don't need worry to about that at all. LOL

I thought this was a pretty darned terrific episode he said to the surprise of nobody.

I really loved the siblings teasing each other vibe that Sonny and Gabi gave off. The beauty of those scenes is that if I didn't know better I never I would believe that there was a time right up until Sonny delivered Arianna these two hated each other.

My two favorite exchanges:

Sonny *To Arianna*: It's so good to hold you in my arms again. And I suppose it's nice to see your mommy again too.

Sonny: Has your mommy told you the pancake story?

Arianna: No.

From the way she said it I got the impression that the little girls who play her may have been going through the phase toddlers go through when they say "No" just because they like the sound of it. LOL

I also appreciated that they addressed the state of Gabi and JJ's relationship. That they haven't seen each other much since Abigail went missing. Knowing they have been in a kind of holding pattern off-screen makes my season in Purgatory *a.k.a. the time Gabi wasn't airing* less painful. Hopefully they'll be able to correct that soon.

I also liked seeing Marlena visiting Gabi and Arianna. Are we finally starting to see some of these bubbles that far too many characters have been inhabiting for far too long starting to pop? We can only hope.

The ending was definitely a jaw dropper and how often do we get to see that nowadays?

Like others have said my gut tells me Victor is likely a red herring but even so the implication was still a gut puncher,

Correct me if I'm wrong but if it turns out that Victor really is involved in Tate's kidnapping, didn't he pull a similar stunt when Claire was a baby? Could his bag of tricks really be running that low?

Last edited:
I'm still not convinced things are as they seem with Victor. Didn't the hotel have security footage to see that "Lauren" with the baby?
The Salem Inn? Surely you jest. This no-tell hotel probably doesn't even have guests register. They just take the room rent and look the other way.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if turns out that Victor really is involved in Tate's kidnapping, didn't he pull a similar stunt when Claire was a baby? Could his bag of tricks really be running that low?
If memory serves, when the then not-so-shaggy Philip was trying to get custody of toddler Claire, Victor tried to put his heavy thumb on the scale of justice by appearing in court with him. To escape Philip, Shawn and Belle, with the aid of Steve, then fled to Toronto where they boarded their magical, midwinter mystery cruise to the South Pacific, eventually fetching up on Tinda Lau. The relentless Philip eventually tracked them down, and with the aid of crazy Duck the bar owner, forced Claire and Belle to board a boat for a voyage to Australia. When the boat, which was barely suitable for a cruise around Salem Harbor, sank, Claire was lost at sea before miraculously turning up at a Chicago child beauty contest. For this reason when Philip said yesterday that he used to be Claire's father, it's surprising that Belle didn't explode and shout, "You almost caused her to drown in a typhoon!!"

Last edited:
Am I the only one that wants something of a scene talking about Gabi having been involved with three Horton men? I'm not saying that Marie needs to disrupt JJ/Gabi's nuptials or anything.

Never say never. I got my Shawn, Ciara, Hope scene yesterday!

I also liked that Gabi and Sonny spoke in great detail about Abigail. It's about time Gabi got involved with that story. Hopefully she will now.

Who needs the Salem P.D. when there's Caroline with her visions and John with "contacts" so remarkable that they could actually compile a complete list of all the women who left Salem with a baby? That's truly an amazing feat. Where were these people when John, Roman, Bo, etc. were battling to "bring down" the DiMeras? Elsewhere, it was good to see John sharing a romantic moment with Marlena. After all, isn't one function of a soap to give the viewers some uplifting romantic scenes instead of people panting with lust or cheating on their significant other? Finally, the hazy nature of Caroline's latest vision may be a clue to its misleading nature. When she saw the king of snarky one-liners having a heart attack the image was crystal-clear.

Last edited:
Either I'm confused, heard wrong or am totally lost BUT, if Summer took Tate, as we were led to believe, she immediately boarded the plane with him to I forget what location, the foreign light haired woman, (possibly Lauren) asked Summer if she had what she wanted, (we are left to assume it was Tate).

So back in Salem, there was a note in Summer's room to go to another room, where after moving a dresser, Tate's toy was found. Are we to assume Tate was brought back to Salem? Oh brother, my head is spinning:(

@Heather, I had the CC on......that is where the notification came that he was talking to Lauren. He must have said it, otherwise it would not have been on the CC......It is at the very end, so anyone who taped it can check it......
I recorded the episode and watched that scene twice. Victor did not say Lauren. Of course that doesn't mean he wasn't talking to her, but without CC, Lauren's name wasn't mentioned on the phone.

Back