Days of Our Lives - Tues., Aug. 26, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Replay of Sami opening the door, and getting slapped by Abby. But Sami pushes Abby up against the door, arm across her neck, telling her she picked the wrong day to confront her. And therein begin a war of words, Sami gloating, gleefully calling Abby names and making her usual accusations, while Abby tries to make her see enough is enough. But, Sami is not done, until Abby brings up the name of Wei Shin, the most influential board member, who has been calling Abby, eager to talk to her, even left his number. Abby starts to punch in the numbers, Sami stops her, what does Abby want. Nothing more than to end it. She has had her fun, her revenge, leave Abby and her family alone. She leaves.

EJ walks into the club, and there sits Victor, who has been having a drink, and is apparently bothered by something. EJ comes over, ticked off, Victor is jovial, figuring their last meeting was rather convival, so what is his problem. EJ brings up Will's article, knows Victor owns TruVista, and that he got Will the job. Vic only suggested it, Will got his own job,...more back and forth of the same. Victor finally gets up to leave, telling Ben that he should get the ventilation system checked, there seems to be a lot of hot air around. LOL

Sonny has come home, wants to tell Will something, but Will blasts Sonny, first with the "stop treating me like a child", and then talking of how Sonny went behind his back, got him the job, and subsequently, Will blaming Sonny for all the flak from the article and hurting Abigail. Sonny denies this, says Will wrote the article, reads something from it which indicated Abigail without naming her, telling Will that he wanted to hurt his mother. They argue big time, with Will even saying he did not want to be married to someone who would go behind his back....and he storms out. Arianna cries, Sonny goes to get her.
Victor arrives, they talk, all the while Sonny is holding Arianna. Sonny figures the article was Victor's idea, yes it was. But Will wrote it. They go back and forth a bit, with Victor finally saying he is going to have to tell Maggie about all this, and something tells him she is not going to be very happy. She loves Abigail like a daughter.
Victor goes home, finds Maggie asleep on the sofa.

Brady sits and talks with Marlena, assuring her all is good, Kristen is gone from his life, won't get back in. They talk a bit, Marlena is very caring and compassionate. He tells Marlena that he won't ever let Kristen hurt John or her again, he promises. Hugs. Brady goes home, flashing back to Kristen telling him how she thinks about him all the time. He goes to the bar, Maggie at the doorway, stopping to watch. Brady picks up a glass, but, filled with resolve, turns, throwing it against a wall. Maggie comes in, telling him she knows the stress of Kristen being back has been a trigger, and he resisted. He says he needs a meeting, she is proud of him. They talk of Sami, of Abigail, Jennifer, that Brady hasn't talked to them, tho he texted, and no answer. She thinks he should call them.

Will meets up with Marlena in the park, tells her all his troubles with Sonny. She reminds him that Sonny did not write the article, he did. Will figures he is taking responsibility for doing so, but she tries to make him see he is trying to blame Sonny for something he himself did. They hug, as he gets up to leave she then reminds him that Sonny loves him, and he loves Sonny.

Kristen is talking to comatose John, telling him how she did not plan to come to Salem, but it is all going to work out well. Someone grabs her, pulls her out of the chair, it is Daniel, who makes her leave the room. When he learns she is out on bail, he realizes the judge was paid off, is going to find one that the DiMeras don't control, notify security she is not to come near John or any other of his patients, and will get a restraining order. Kristen is smirking again, wants to talk privately, they go to a room, where she thanks him for bringing her to Salem, back to Brady, and everything is going to work out well. Daniel is disgusted with her, she even brings up Jennifer, he explodes and makes her leave. She again thanks him. Daniel is pretty frustrated by now.
Later, Brady is there, as Daniel is checking on John, who has had a CT scan, no change. Daniel assures him he checked John over thoroughly, and Kristen had done nothing to him. Also about alerting security, and she will never get back in.
Daniel thinks Kristen is way too sure of herself, she is not thru with them all, and when she left, she seemed like someone with a plan.

Ben has turned off the lights in the club, is closing up, setting chairs, when Abby arrives. He says he is surprised to see her, was thinking perhaps she had run off......she doesn't say a word as she begins kissing him passionately. Just came to say goodnight. Anytime, says Ben.

Will comes home, Sonny is walking around the room with ARianna in his arms. Will takes her, Sonny says he wasn't sure Will would be home. Will came to put his daughter to bed. Sonny tries to say something, but Will doesn't think they should talk tonight.

EJ comes home, to find Sami (different dress, hairdo) taping a box to send to the kids, who are homesick a bit. Allie sent her an e-mail, so she is sending fav toys, sweatshirt. EJ suggests they go see the kids tomorrow, take them for a bite to eat. Nope, don't want to give them the wrong impression. She mentions him calling the board members, he wants another chance, she is silent. He is going to bed. She figures he wants her to come with him in order to get him to call. But EJ doesn't want to be in her bed without also being in her heart. He wants a chance to earn the right. To just talk, to hold her hand, perhaps share a meal. Different expressions cross Sami's face, she says nothing. He turns to leave, she calls his name. Takes a folded piece of paper from the desk, walks towards him saying it is a list of the board members he should call, and then asks him if he would have lunch with her tomorrow. He takes the paper from her, saying Thank You.

Kristen is in her room, wherever that is, talking to someone on the phone, telling them she is counting on them. She flashes back to being in John's room, taking pictures of the x-rays with her phone. She tells the person of the phone she is sending them, and when he looks at them, let her know what he thinks. Her future depends on it.

Hate this, hate this, hate this. WHY is Sami crawling back to EJ, why???? Why isn't she talking with her partner, Kate????

Sami and EJ can reconcile; I don't care if they do, but does Sami have to lose her spine and her ability to RUN a corporation to do so?????

Why do the Days writers constantly make women powerless.:angry:

Sonny read Will's article before it was published. He praised Will for it and then they hit the sack. If he recognized Will's references to Abby (without her being named) why didn't he say something to Will then?

Abby effectively puts a stop to Sami's revenge by threatening to do a tell-all of her own directly to Mr. Shinn. :rotfl:

Curiously, I'm wondering if Sami's desire to work things out with EJ now are because she no longer has leverage over Abby so she may as well forgive EJ or if it's because she's on the verge of losing everything she's worked for if Shin discovers the truth so she needs EJ on her side.

Victor telling Ben to check the vents because of all of the hot air circulating referring to EJ :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Good show today. I agree with Ben-I've had enough of EJ trying to tell everyone he cares about Abigail and thinks she is a good girl, yada yada.
The scenes with Sami and Abby were gold. The scenes with EJ and Sami were boring. I did like EJ's interaction with Victor today.

I love Brady now. Hopefully he stays sober. I was so proud of him when he threw away that glass, but jeez, everyone sure loves breaking glasses in Salem. I also loved Maggie today, though her outfit was atrocious.

Abby and Ben...can they do anything besides kiss? I like them, but c'mon. Give us that date that was promised. And how can Ben almost say he loves Abby when they still haven't spent a whole lot of time going on dates and such? Seems like they just make out (like Jordan & Rafe).

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum...JS

I liked seeing Kristen--she actually isn't annoying for once. I can't wait to see how she will help John. Daniel was useless in the episode. They tried to make it seem like he was attracted to Kristen, and vice versa, with their faces so close.

I did not like Will being so bratty. I can understand him being a bit upset that Sonny kept that secret, but how was he able to overlook Sonny lying to him for years about Gabi's involvement with Andrew kidnapping Melanie, but not this? Silly. Glad Marlena set him straight, but I still can't believe Will didn't apologize when he returned for what he told Sonny earlier, and for them to make up.

I did not like Will being so bratty. I can understand him being a bit upset that Sonny kept that secret, but how was he able to overlook Sonny lying to him for years about Gabi's involvement with Andrew kidnapping Melanie, but not this? Silly. Glad Marlena set him straight, but I still can't believe Will didn't apologize when he returned for what he told Sonny earlier, and for them to make up.

I'm glad their conflict wasn't resolved. It would have been completely unrealistic. They were both guilty of some ugly name-calling today - glorified barista and attention [hog] (my wording). The name-calling alone should have been enough for this not to be resolved in an hour because that tells me they have some deeper issues.

Does Will really only see Sonny as a coffee boy and not a successful business owner? Does Sonny think Will is so desperate to be the center of attention that he'd sacrifice family, and probably Sonny, to get it. I'm hoping they build on it because it could be interesting to see that this seemingly happily married couple actually harbor some very ugly thoughts of about each other.

Will is going to have to think long and hard about why he really wrote the article the way he did, in such detail. He and he alone exposed those he cared about to the public humiliation and gossip.
Note the word exposed. Abby & EJ did wrong, Sami learned of it, and could have ended her engagement then and there. She did not. Abby & EJ had quickly ended their affair, but Sami held on to her hurt, let it fester, as she plotted and planned her revenge. Acted over the top about becoming friends with Abby, delighted in forcing her into doing things Abby really did not want to do, and when it all hit the fan, she was still not satisfied. She never told her mother, father, brother, son, even her understanding Gramma Caroline about what she felt.
And I think it was because she knew she was going too far in what she was doing.
Will was traveling the same path. He learned what happened and what Sami had done to Abby, and saw his mom was not going to stop, saw no wrong in what she was doing. So he was going to teach her a lesson. But it backfired, just as Sami's revenge plans have. Will wants to blame others, just as Sami does.
And now Sami, instead of conferring with her partner in the DiMera Enterprises corporation, goes begging EJ to help her. Did Kate beg Stefano, too? What the heck is going on.

Some interesting lines were being tossed around today.
1) Ben tells EJ to leave Club TBD because he's bad for business; it's always been a mystery that nobody has ever said this to him at the Pub, Chez Rouge, or outside the Mandalay Cafe.
2) Victor says that Will is a grown man; sorry, Victor, but you should listen to more of his remarks to Sonny before making that claim.
3) Victor says that the people at TruVista think that Will is a "terrific writer." If they're that clueless, maybe this is Rory's chance to break into print.
4) Will says that he's a writer not a journalist; yes, William you're no journalist, but based on the comments about your article on this board, you're no writer either.
5) Will calls Sonny a "glorified barrista" and keeps giving him angry looks; it's too bad that Nicole can't see this performance. It might give her an idea of what it would be like to be married to another Brady -- the sourpuss ex-priest

LOL...meldrel, you reminded me of something. I think Arianna was in her room sleeping when Will stormed out of the apartment and Sonny went to get her from her crib and then later said something about her being tired or needing to go back to bed or something. I thought it was odd that she had a dress or some sort of non-pajama looking outfit on. That baby sure does sleep a lot for a 1 year old. Ha! I wish my little Riley would sleep that well. :(

Remind me whenever I'm ill never to check into University Hospital. I can't believe that they left John's test results right there beside him for Kristen to snap pictures with her phone. I know, it's a plot point, but it makes the staff at the hospital look stupid and not compliant with HIPAA laws. There was no purpose for Dan to be there today, except to run interference with Kristen. Why could not Marlena find her there? It would have been more entertaining.

Finally, Abby has found a way to stop Sami in her tracks. Mr. Shin must not be reassured with whatever garbage Sami has been feeding him to seek out the other woman for her side of the story. Maybe now we can finally move on from this lame revenge plot. I do wish Sami would not be so weak as to run to EJ for help. She should be consulting with Kate.

Well it seems the only happy couple in town has finally joined the ranks with the rest of Salem and are now fighting with each other. I'm glad that Will and Sonny have not instantly made up, but both need to cool down and reflect that they both were wrong. As mentioned above, Sonny did read the article before it went to print and knew that people would figure out that Abby was the other woman based on the description in the article, but did not raise those concerns at the time. Will is acting like a spoiled child (hello, Mini-Sami) and will not acknowledge the consequences this article has brought to many of his loved loved ones.

Interesting argument (aka "row" if you watch English shows) that Sonny
and Will had. Will kept saying he didn't mention Abigail's name; than
Sonny read the description of woman :)

I wondered how Mr Shin got Abby's number. Silly me, it's Salem and everyone's
phone number is in their phone.

I'm glad Maggie was home so Brady could talk to her.

Did Kristen call Stefano or a doctor to help John?
Daniel's plan bringing Kristen has backfired since she's got a new plan LOL

Surprise, surprise, surprise. EJ found Victor. We learned today it was Victor's
idea to do a story with EJ and Sami. I wonder how Maggie is going to react when she finds out.

We saw Arianna today, but she wasn't happy.

I wonder how Maggie is going to react when she finds out.
If she learned anything from the time she puffed up at Victor and stormed out of the house, Maggie will keep her trap shut about Victor's owning that magazine, and his involvement in Will's getting the assignment. She probably thought Victor would follow her and beg her to come home, but he didn't. She would be wise to remember that before she goes all holier-than-thou on her shady (to say the least) husband, and has to slink home with her tail tucked discretely between her legs again. :)

Back