Days of Our Lives -Tues., Dec. 12, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Too many people stopped in today during the show, so, this will be brief.

Sami manages to get the ring off her finger, and passes it to Rafe while hugging Hope, after letting her know she is leaving to go back home.

At the club, Rafe & Hope enjoy a lovely dinner, with Julie & Doug hovering, of course. Rafe brings out the ring, formally proposes to Hope again, slips the ring on her finger. Doug & Julie have joined them, Julie gushing about when is the wedding, Hope saying “soon, very soon”. Doug uses the excuse of asking Rafe to help him choose champagne, leaving the two women to chatter at how happy Hope is, happiest ever since Bo. I think Doug tells Rafe to be good to Hope, but anyway, all 4 are together, and toast to a long and happy life.

Kate is laying flowers at the memorial in the square, Sami comes along. She snarks a bit to Kate about caring for her son, but then tells her Lucas is in rehab, and relates what she said to him to get him to do so. Kate is ever so grateful, is glad Lucas is o.k. after rolling his car, and thanks Sami for getting him into rehab. Abe comes along, does his usual sniping at Kate about the DiMeras being involved in what happened to Theo. Sami sort of defends Kate, telling Abe to go after Andre. Abe leaves, Kate says Andre isn’t lying, but Sami tells her not to try and defend him. He belongs in prison, where he can rot.

Earlier, at the cop shop, Abe asked Eli his opinion on JJ’s actions when Theo was shot. Eli says, in his opinion, JJ could have handled it differently. This of course, satisfies Abe. Gabi has overheard this, and when Abe leaves, she lights into Eli, pointing out that Abe hates JJ to the cored, and Eli just gave him more ammunition. Eli says he would not do anything to hurt JJ, but Gabi retorts he just did. Abe will use it against JJ. Now Eli asks if she still has a thing for JJ, she gets ticked, says JJ is her friend, is beating himself up, needs some support, and she is there for him. Eli is sorry, just doesn’t want to lose Gabi, she doesn’t want him to lose her either. So, they are good. Kiss.

Eric is not having too much success with JJ, though they really have a good talk. He tries to get JJ to understand that he has to forgive himself, let others help him. JJ isn’t taking to anything Eric says. Finally, Eric gives him a bible, JJ refuses it, Eric says when he was in prison, there were words, sentences in there that helped him a lot. Maybe they can help you. He leaves.

JJ eventually picks up the bible, turns a few pages, then begins reading aloud some passage about an eye for an eye, a wound for a wound, a bruise for a bruise….and more.

(just an aside, but throughout the show, it is very faint, but they play Christmas music as a backdrop.)

In the square, Sami pulls her own ring out of her pocket, puts it on, saying……….That was close.

The baby playing Thomas sure didn't want to work that day. Was the other twin equally as cranky?

I see Kate is still wearing her Partridge Family stage costume.

tv_8things_music_partridge1a.jpg

Hope asks why Sami and Rafe are arguing. Sami says she just came to say goodbye but Hope says she knows why. She says that Sami came to try and convince Rafe to drop the charges against her now that he's commissioner. Yep, that's what it was, they both agree. Hope compliments something of Sami's (maybe her jacket, which is draped over Sami's hand wearing the ring). Sami thanks her and says it's new.

Sami then tells Hope about how she and Will made peace between them and she was headed back to the kids. Sami pretends to cry and asks Hope to get her a tissue. While Hope looks for a tissue, Sami continues to tug at the ring, finally removing it from her finger and concealing it in her hand.

She tells Hope her contact lens popped out from her blubbering; Hope says she didn't realize Sami wore contacts. Sami then manages to wrap the ring in a tissue. As Hope hugs her, Sami passes the ring to Rafe behind Hope's back.

At dinner, Hope is still musing over Sami supposedly wearing contacts. She thinks Sami was lying. Rafe brushes it off and talks about the wine. Hope talks about what's important, honesty and trust. Rafe proposes and she accepts. Rafe's middle name is Alejandro (Hope says his full name).

When Kate first lays flowers at Theo's memorial, Gabi comes along and they talk for a few minutes. Kate asks if Gabi has given any more thought to selling Gabi Chic, then tells her to come by the DiMansion to discuss it. Gabi then leaves.

Chad, Abby, Jennifer and Thomas are at the DiMansion. Jennifer is holding Thomas, telling him if Santa doesn't bring everything he wants, she will. The baby is fussy and crying, so Chad takes him from Jennifer and goes upstairs. Jennifer is asking Abby something about DiMera Enterprises, then Chad comes back. Abby gives Jennifer a bland PR statement, which Jennifer doesn't appreciate. (it's about Theo's shooting)

Jennifer sits in the park and Eric comes by. She asks how his visit with JJ went. Asks if JJ is as bad off as Hope said. Eric doesn't really sugarcoat it, that he's really suffering and the only thing that'll help JJ's guilt is if Theo wakes up and he receives forgiveness.

:angry:Kate: She lied to Abe's face about her involvement in the Theo affair. Yes, she has private grief, but for public consumption, it's the same old Kate.

:sick: Eli: He should keep his fact-free opinions about the Theo shooting to himself. They're not helping anyone, least of all JJ and angry Abe.

:sick: Jenny: For Chad, she must be the in-law from hell. She's now turned a family moment into a confrontational, news-related interview.

:confused: Spectator Reporters: According to Jenny, they can find facts. Who knew? And if it's true, we now know where the hapless Salem P.D. can go to get the information it needs to solve crimes.

:confused: Sami: She's convinced that Andre is the guilty party in the Theo affair and that he could go to jail "for the rest of his life." Hasn't she heard about the new family values Andre, and when did any DiMera ever go to jail for life?

Ugh, can Rafe and Hope please just end? They really got my hopes up before but his little tryst with Sami should finish it and I hope soon!!! To me, they just don't have any chemistry. And there is no way she loves Rafe as much as she loved Bo.

Kate needs to get taken down. Please. She deserves it so much.

I swear I remember a conversation between Hope and Eli about JJ doing everything by the book. I could have screamed today when he said he thinks it could have been handled differently. Hmm, like when he shot Raines to save Gabi? That probably could have been handled differently too. Arrgh!!

Sami tells her not to try and defend him. He belongs in prison, where he can rot.
Pot, kettle. I hope the ISA arrests her as she's fleeing the country, and she resists and they have to kill her.
:sick: Eli: He should keep his fact-free opinions about the Theo shooting to himself. They're not helping anyone, least of all JJ and angry Abe.
Word up. Eli has worked my last good nerve and I'm sick of Abe's out-of-character blind revenge. Yes, his son is in a coma; but he is a cop and now knows Theo was caught during an illegal act. THAT SHOULD CHANGE HIS RAGE.

Thanks, Poirot and JS.

Hopefully, Rafe sanitized the ring before he gave it back to
Hope since it got Sami germs on it.

Great seeing Doug and Julie.

You could tell the child who played Thomas today only wanted to
by with their real mommy.

I thought at the end Kate was going to tell Sami it was her fault
about Theo, since she said it wasn't Andre's fault.

The baby girl playing Thomas wanted her real mother. She kept looking offscreen.

Hope looked ridiculously out of place in the scenes with Sami and Rafe. How do TPTB not see the chemistry difference here? Also, it's been over a week now since we last saw Hope with either of her children who just returned to Salem. The least they could have done was have Shawn, Belle, Ciara and Claire join the 2 couples for dinner.

And I'm tired of the show treating Hope like she's 20 instead of 50. Nice to see Doug and Julie but the warning to Rafe was a bit silly.

I'm also getting creeped out by the Theo shrine in HTS. He's not dead. We literally see that shrine more than we actually see Theo.

I need Kate to get her comeuppance now.

Chad and Abby disappeared after the first couple scenes. As did Jennifer in the middle of the show.

I didn't realize Eli and Gabi were still a thing.

I think Ali Sweeney (Sami) may be wearing her personal wardrobe.

Can I just take a moment, and be sad? I'm just so disappointed the writers chose to go down the "white cop shoots black male in hoodie" storyline. I'm so sick to my stomach with every single scene. It's a piece of reality that is something I'd like a show to take my mind OFF of, not drag me down it. I don't feel there is any way at all to write this type of story.

No matter how it ends, no matter who is guilty and who isn't, it's just awful. And I agree, the shrine in HTS is absolutely absurd. He's not dead. It's equally absurd the way JJ is behaving. Good grief. It's just over the top for me, I guess. I kind of want to punch him right in his self loathing face.

If there is a silver lining, maybe this storyline will help people try to change, to stop thinking the worst of a person with dark skin color. To see how a racist fear can lead to a tragedy that would have been avoided with the slightest hesitation. JJ had just waited to see if the individual pointed the "gun" or anything, then I can see JJ being in the right. But Theo merely turned around, with his hands up in surrender and JJ shot him. Ugh.

I'm so mad at this. And how does a trained feaking cop not know the difference between a gun and a scanner. I am with Abe, JJ is too jumpy to be a cop. he needs a different job. Being a cop is not for him.

Last edited:
Pot, kettle. I hope the ISA arrests her as she's fleeing the country, and she resists and they have to kill her.

Word up. Eli has worked my last good nerve and I'm sick of Abe's out-of-character blind revenge. Yes, his son is in a coma; but he is a cop and now knows Theo was caught during an illegal act. THAT SHOULD CHANGE HIS RAGE.
Re: Eli and Abe I agree 100%. I said on some post, Abe has been a cop for 40 yrs. things go wrong sometimes. Not condoning overkill by cops.

Abe is not in "cop" mode right now; he's a dad who has lost his wife and has a son in a coma, and that's where his feelings and actions are coming from. He will eventually realize that his actions were inappropriate and, honorable man that he is, will apologize to everyone he has hurt. They just need to cut him a little slack. On the flip side of the coin, his behavior became tiresome a while back.

Back